Chapter 3

Hey Love, I've Got My Ion You

Chanyeol POV

Time seemed to slow down as Baekhyun’s mouth got wider and wider. I eyed Baekhyun nervously, waiting to see his reaction. The seconds ticked passed and I got impatient.

 

“Aish hyung, say something!”

Baekhyun shook his head disconcertedly, “Mian Channie, but um wow…I did not expect that..”

“Well it’s not like I’m going to do anything about it..I’m pretty sure it’s against university policy anyway..” I mumbled.

Baekhyun shook my shoulders and with a determined look said, “No, Channie, we’re going to make this happen, okay?! You just, have to believe in yourself and we are going to get you your man!”

Baekhyun’s serious tone was enough to set me into a fit of giggles.

“Hey! I’m just trying to help you here! Why are you laughing?!”

“Ah sorry hyung but oh man you should see your face, it’s like I announced I was a pregnant single mum and you were offering to help me every step of the way.”

“Hey man, this is just as important as being pregnant! You haven’t dated since that bastard…” Baekhyun trailed off with a cautious look on his face. “Ah sorry Channie, I promised we wouldn’t mention him again.”

I shook my head, “No, no it’s fine hyung. That was in the past, and you’re right.. I need to focus on the present and get me some hot piece of .”

Baekhyun grinned, “Now you’re talking!”

 

We hi-fived each other before walking off to the campus café.

 

We bought a Hawaiian pizza to share because Baekhyun was having his weird “No chicken on Mondays” rule and I really didn’t want to eat any vegetables. We grabbed a table in a secluded area and sat down.

 

“So, how was your first class?” I asked through a mouthful of pizza.

“Eww, eat first then talk!” Baekhyun scowled.

I mehrong-ed him and continued to eat.

“Well, the stuff we’re learning is pretty interesting but we have a bunch of assessments due through the semester so I am not looking forward to that…Oh but the people are really nice! And I thiiink I might have made a few friends?”

I smiled, “That’s good to hear! And the most important question is, has anyone made it on your radar yet?” I asked whilst waggling my eyebrows.

Baekhyun blushed slightly before murmuring, “Maybe…..?”

I laughed, “Spill right now!”

“Okay, okay, so I walked into class and there was only one spare seat next to this guy at the front. So I walk up to him and ask if I can sit there and he’s all nervous and shy and I think he said yes so I dropped my bag and sat down. I was so jittery and stuff so I kept trying to start conversations with him but he wouldn’t say much back so I was like okay that’s cool, I don’t want to be friends with you either... But then it turns out that he’s an exchange kid from China! How freaking cool is that?!”

I nodded in agreement, “Oh wow! Yeah Chinese men are babes! Remember Luhan from our grade? Phwoar!”

“I know right!? Well so anyway he was having a bit of trouble with some of the stuff on our tutorial sheets so I kept leaning over to help him and oh my god he smelt divine. Seriously it was like he rolled around in a rose bush or something. And then at the end of class he was all cute and like ~gomawo hyung and I was like oh yeah no problem and all nonchalant and smooth.”

I snorted, “Yeah right!”

Baekhyun glared at me before finishing his story, “And so finally we…exchanged numbers!”

“Holy crap bro, fast mover!!”

“Hahaha true, but I do like a man who is forward with his actions.”

“So when do I get to meet your mystery man?” I winked.

“Ehh, not for a while, I don’t want you to scare off a potential lover…”

I gasped, “Mwoh?! How could I scare anyone off with my beautiful,numerous teeth and my fluffy poodle hair.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “You kind of look like a pedo man who gives little children candy in his spare time.”

That earned a slap from me and Baekhyun winced in pain.

“Jeez alright, you’ll meet him soon enough okay? And what about you then, tell me more about your y tutor, mmm I’ve always had a student/teacher fantasy…”

“Aish, I do not want to know more about your strange fantasies hyung.”

I was still trying to forget the time Baekhyun explained, in explicit detail, how hot it would be to do it in the non-fiction section in the library, next to the children’s section….

 

“Anyway hyung, I think I’m just going to focus on my studies for now..”

Baekyun snorted, “Yeah right, that’s what you said last year and then you ended up hooking up at every party we attended.”

“Well, now I mean it! And besides, it’s a win/win situation. If I do well in chemistry, he’ll have to notice me!”

Baekhyun thought for a while before nodding, “Okay, I guess you’re right…”

“Don’t worry hyung, trust me, my plan will work out and hopefully by the end of the year we’ll both be with beautiful, babe-ing boyfriends.”

I held my hand out for a hi-five and Baekhyun gave one back happily.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Just a cute, fluffy chapter because I love Baekyeol's relationship :P Thank-you to all my new subscribers and commenters, you all make me smile so so so much <3 you guys are my happy virus ;)