Chapter 6

Too Late

Many things came in Hyerin’s mind until her phone ringing, making her back into the reality.

“ Yoboseyo, umma. Wae? Ne, arraseo” Hyerin put down her phone. Her mom want to meet her again this afternoon. Hyerin sigh. What if her mom asking about the marriage again? What must she say? Minho clearly state that he don’t want to get married yet.

Hyerin walk in the restaurant and found her mother already there. When Hyerin take a seat, her mom call the waitress and order their food.

“ So, how are you, darling?”

“ I’m fine, umma. Never better than this. How about you and dad?”

“ You can see by your self that I’m okay, Hyerin. Your appa is fine, but..”

“ But what, mom?”

“ Yah, you know. Your appa is a workaholic. He often skipped his meal. I’m worried about his health”

“ Really? Hm.. Appa always like that. How about we ask him to join us here? It’s been a long time since we saw each other.”

“ Try it. Maybe if his beloved daughter calling, your appa will come.” Her mother said with a smile.

“Yoboseyo.. Appa…” Hyerin said with a sweet voice..

“ Wow, I’m surprised you calling me at this time, darling. You always call me in the night before. Anything’s wrong?”

“Aniyo.. Everything is okay appa. I missed you. Want go out for lunch together?”

“ Mianhe Hyerin. But appa still busy with some work.”

“ Appa, you not eaten yet, don’t you?” Hyerin pouted “ Appa, remember what you told me earlier? Our healthy is the most important thing over all things. If umma didn’t tell me, I will never know that you often skip your meal. Come on appa, have a lunch with me and mum.”

“ Arraseo.. Appa will come for lunch with you? Oddiega?”

Hyerin grinned. After telling his father about their location, she smiles to her mom.

“ Done, mom. Appa will come in a while”

“ Sometimes, I can’t believe you guys can have a good time as daughter and father and become enemies for the other times just because Minho.”

“ Umma, about me and Minho..” Hyerin’s words was cut because their food comes. After the waitress gone, her mom look at Hyerin, asking her to continue her words.

“ About me and Minho, I think our marriage can’t be held before my 23’s. Minho said that he don’t want to get married yet. “

“Okay, then it’s already decided. You will marry with guy we had chosen”

 “Umma!! Just because I can’t marry Minho, I will agree to marry some random guy. I mean, how could you mom, marrying me with a guy that I even don’t know. What if he is a jerk, have bad attitude and not an ideal type of husband. Mom, why don’t we just suspend my marriage?” Hyerin give a hopeful look to her mother.

“ Hyerin.. Hyerin.. How could you think I will marry you with some random bad guy? Believe me, he was nice person. He comes from a good family, he has a good manner and our family had known each other for a long time. I’m sure he will not do something bad to you.”

“ But umma, I and Minho….”