Chapter 1

Too Late

Hyerin sits alone in the side of pool, while thinking about her meeting with her mom this afternoon. Sometimes she will sigh and let her foot play with the water, then she will quiet for a while and sighs again.

Hyerin, umma never forbid you to have a relationship with him. I’m not like your father who opposed your relationship and I even permit you to live with him. But now, you almost 23 years, Hyerin. Like you know, the rules in our big family states that a daughter must get marry at last in their 23’s. your relationship with him had going on about  one years and you lived with him 8 months already. I thinks, there’s nothing wrong if you ask him to marry you.”

“ But umma, you know he can’t marry me at this moment? He still busy with his work, umma.”

“ Geureh? And you said that you loved each other? Hyerin, if he truly love you, he will choose you in the first place instead of his career. Or, maybe for all this time, your appa is right? That you just a toy whose he need while he was bored. I’m done with this conversation Hyerin. This time, I agree with your appa. If he don’t want to marry you before you turn 23, then you must accept to be arranged with the guy we have choosen.”

“Umma!!” Hyerin said, half shouted.

“ Hyerin, you know I’m doing this for you. I will give both of you, 2 weeks to talk about this marriage. And if within this 2 weeks, he can’t assure to marry you, I’m sorry to say that I must force you to come back home. Your birthday just a month left, we not have much time. Your aunties have asked me already, about the time you will marry.”

Hyerin sighs again after recall the memory this afternoon. Her mom’s words playing back in her head. What if her appa is right, that she is just a toy in this big house? She loved this guy, that’s the fact. And this guy love her back. Almost every time they meet, he always whispered sweet words in her ears. He told that Hyerin the most important person in his life countless times.

But the thing is, Hyerin never know what is her position right now. For all this time, she just stay here, wait for her lover coming home, which is very rare due to his busy work. Hyerin never get a chance to be introduced to his parents. Hyerin also covered from his world as well. If there are people know about her being his girlfriend, it’s just his closest friend and his managers. Not more than 5 people know about this.

Hyerin starts to thinking that her parent are right. Maybe her lover never be serious all this time. Too busy with her own thinking, Hyerin not realizes that the color of  the sky had changed and become dark already.

=========================================================

There, chapter 1 is done? Please do give me your thought about this chapter.

Comment and subscribe are welcomed.

Kamsa Hamnida