Chapter 9

Warrior Games

 

Chapter 9

 

 

The next morning, all of the students were lined up outside and Junsu was eyeing them and then he looked at the new students. “You all know about the games coming up, I will train all of you to be the best you can be. For now, we will split into two teams, the blue and yellow teams. I will tell you which team you will be in after I see how you can fight. These are merely for me to see which team go to so will be allowed to use wooden weapons that you see before you..” Junsu moved aside and there were weapons of all kind that were made out of wood he then continued, “No one should die or have serious injuries. If you fight and fall or have no other options to win, raise your weapon and you will get another chance with another fighter is that clear?” “Yes sensei” The students replied. Junsu sighed and pulled out the first two fighters, Onew was one of them. The other was a much taller boy but, lean. The two picked out their weapons; Onew chose a staff while the lean boy chose a sword. Onew gulped, he hated fighting but, he knew how to get around it. The stood in the clearing facing one another, they got into fighting position and waited for Junsu’s signal. Once the teacher nodded, the lean boy lunged foreword but, Onew dodged it. Onew observed his opponent and saw that he was guarding his left. Onew swung his staff to look like he was going to hit his right but then he slid his leg under his left and made his opponent fall, “stop!” Junsu exclaimed, “Onew good work, your blue.” Onew bowed and went under a tent that said ‘blue,’ while the other went under the yellow tent. Then it was Taemin’s turn he chose a wooden spear and his opponent was the same guy from the other night. “This will be fun.” He sneered. Changmin stopped the younger and said “you want me to take care of him?” Taemin chuckled, “I’m fine hyung, I want to try ok?” With that he left completely unsure of how he was going to fight the top student at the school, who didn’t even bother taking a weapon. They got into fighting position and waited for Junsu’s signal. The sensei nodded and the top student charged at full speed at Taemin who smirked and slid under through the gap in his legs and ended up on the other side. ‘Good move.’ Junsu thought. The other students were watching intently. The student glared at Taemin over his shoulder and said, “Alright then you want to play rough, kid? Let’s play rough.” Junsu noticed the complete change and was on alert, this guy was his top student but when things don’t go his way, he can become very violent and dangerous. Taemin also noticed the sudden mood swing and was very careful. He began to circle the student who glared at the younger and then lunged but the younger was too fast and dodged it but, this time, the guy was ready for it he grabbed a hold of Taemin’s leg and threw him into a near by building. He then picked up Taemin’s spear and was about to stab the younger but, Minho ran in and stood in front of the younger, “h-hyung.” Taemin whimpered. Minho glared at Taemin’s opponent daring him to even try it. Junsu came in and said, “Stop, Taemin good work you’re on the blue team.” The younger nodded but, his opponent was not happy, “What!? But I was winning!” He exclaimed. That earned him a slap across the face. “Were you sleeping when I was giving instructions? I said no one should get hurt and what did you do, you big ape!” Taemin went to team blue where Onew greeted him. Minho went back to the line just as Key was going to pick out his weapon, katana blade, and his opponent was another big shot guy who thought he was all high and mighty, he took a sickle. They looked at each other and got into position and waited for the approving nod of the sensei. Key waited for the guy to come at him first, ‘if he figures out that I’m still injured then I’m in big trouble.’ He thought. His opponent lunged at him and Key did as well, the younger grabbed a hold of his opponent’s wrist and flipped him over his back and onto the ground with ease, the sickle that his opponent had flew out of his hand and onto the dirt ground. Key placed the katana sword at his opponent’s neck and looked at Junsu. “Good blue team.” Key nodded and got off of his opponent, bad idea. The man lungded at the younger but, Key turned around and punched him sending him into the school with a loud crash. “So much for being all high and mighty,” He mumbled as he went to the blue team. The fights went on like that and soon all of the students were divided into teams and all six boys were on one team which made them releaved but, some of the “bullies”  were on their team as well.

 

 

 

*

 

 

During the lunch break, Jonghyun walked over to Changmin and said, “hyung about the bet that we made-“ “I wanted to talk to you about that too.” Changmin cut in. “We’re stopping it right?” Jonghyun asked. Changmin nodded. “How do we tell them? He then proceeded to ask. Changmin sighed and said “we don’t.” Jonghyun nodded still a little unsure but, he went with it.

 

 

 

*

 

 

Minho was cleaning Taemin’s cuts, “hyung thank you for helping me.” The younger said looking at the older. Minho chuckled “no worries, but, you did worry me so how could I make you pay for it.” He said making a thinking face. Taemin stared at the older. “Ah! I got it, go out with me.” Taemin’s eyes widened into saucers, “e-excuse me? What did you say?”  Minho nooded, “I like you Taemin-ah I have for a while now, so would you go out with me?” Taemin smiled and laughed, “Why didn’t you say so? Of course I will.” The older smiled and leaned in to kiss the younger’s forehead, “good.” Taemin blushed and his eyes fluttered shut.