Chapter 14

Warrior Games

 

The next morning, Junsu took his warriors to the stadium and geared them up for the battles. Jonghyun had his shoulder examined and the medics allowed him to fight. They heard the crowd cheer for the king loudly as he sat at the throne and signaled to begin. Junsu was with his fighters and said “good luck to all of you.” Key knew that he had to get through 4 fights and then he was free, now the only problem was to live through those 4 fights. Once the gates opened, the fighters appeared on the sandy floor of the stadium. Key took a deep breath and looked around the audience, he noticed someone moving around, he looked suspicious so he turned to Onew who saw him as well nod and back up to Changmin and told him of the suspicious man in the audience. Changmin drew his sword; the other fighters followed being prepared for anything to come out of the gates across to them. The gates on the other side creaked open and out came some of the fighters from the opposing school, Junsu’s school wasn’t for everybody, Junsu personally picked out his students and teaches them to increase their own power and will, his rival school does the exact opposite and now it was a test of which school was better and who is the best fighting man.

 

 

The king sat on his throne, watching as his used to be slaves get ready for battle, he wanted to just kill every single one of them to get revenge on Junsu for taking them away. As the battle began he noticed his assassin in the audience ready for the king’s signal, ready to take aim and fire at the first fighter no matter whose side it is. The king watched as Key was fighting with a man who was too tall for the younger, Key was being cautious he knew that something was up and so by the kings decision he was the first to go, the king gave the signal and the assassin aimed and fired.