Chapter 6

Warrior Games

 

Chapter 6

 

Taemin was running from room to room, he was looking everywhere for Key but, he couldn’t find the older boy. He was now in his brother’s room; he sat down on his bed and tried to think of where his brother might be. Then Onew ran in and said, “Key’s was dragged in by the guards.” Taemin ran out of the room and followed Onew downstairs where Minho joined them later.

 

*

 

The three boys’ ran downstairs where Key was thrown to the king’s feet. “Well, well, you are certainly a glutton for punishment, 3 crimes in one day, what do you have to say for yourself, Kibum?” The king asked as he sat down in his throne. Junsu was next to the king watching the scene. Key was silent, out of his peripheral he saw Minho, Onew, and Taemin and then on the second floor he saw Jonghyun watching. Key stayed silent and the king chuckled. “I do feel a little generous today so if you tell me where the items are that you stole, I will let you off with a warning.” Key, however, stayed silent, he knew Changmin needed those items and he couldn’t endanger the medical group that’s taking care of him. The king found the silence completely rude so he stood and yelled, “Where are the medical supplies that you stole Kim Kibum!” At this Key’s head hung low but, he saw Onew’s, Minho’s, and Taemin’s expressions, they were shocked and they all knew why he did it. Jonghyun perked up when he heard that, ‘he stole the items? For Changmin?’ He thought. The king lifted Key’s chin forcefully, which surprised the younger a little, when did he even come this close? “Where are they?” He hissed. Key sighed, “I don’t know.” He lied, he knew exactly where they were, he knew that he couldn’t say where they are, Changmin needs them to recover and heal. The king had enough, he looked at the guards and said, “Hold him down, bring me his punishment.” Two guards went to Key and turned him around so his back was to the king; they took his shirt off to reveal his back. Taemin wanted to rush to his brother but, Minho held him back. Onew noticed Jonghyun watching on the second floor he saw how the older boy pressed his hand into the rail, was he mad? The king took the whip that was brought to him; he looked at his slaves and said, “Let this be a warning to you.” With the crack of the whip he hit Key across the back. Key whimpered as he felt the whip break skin and the blood run down his cheeks. Taemin’s tears were released; his legs gave out as he watched his brother get whipped. “H-hyung.” He whimpered. Key finally collapsed on the ground. The king stopped and said, “The punishment next time will be death, understand?” Key nodded feebly. “Take him to his room.”  The guards lifted the younger and took him to his room. Junsu who was watching this almost smiled, ‘he’s a good kid, he obviously did it for someone, probably for his partner who got injured.’ He thought.

 

 

*

 

Jonghyun gripped the wood ledge as he watched Key be taken to his room, ‘how dare they?! He was doing it to help Changmin.’ He thought. He turned and went to his room. Once there, he grabbed a small towel and grabbed a small bowel. He then left to go to Key’s room. He stopped and knocked on the door. There was no reply, Jonghyun sighed, “Key, can I come in?” He asked. He heard a small whimper and turned the knob. He walked in and Key was sitting on the floor where the guards left him. Key lifted his head slowly and saw Jonghyun walking in and closing the door. The older the lights in the room and set the bowl and towel on the bed and started to walk to Key. “Get away from me.” Key hissed. Jonghyun sat down in front of the younger and said, “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say all of those things to you. I didn’t know how far you were willing to go to prove how sorry you were-“ “now you know so leave.” Key said breaking the older boy’s sentence. “But, you’re hurt and I wanted to make it up to you by helping you clean the wounds.” Key was silent, he watched as Jonghyun stood and took the small bowl and went to the bathroom and got water into the bowl. He then came back and grabbed the towel. He came back to his position, sitting in front of the younger, “turn around,” He said. Key didn’t move though he didn’t want to do anything with Jonghyun. “Key, please, I want to help you. Thank you for risking your life for Changmin, but, right now, you come first.” Key’s eyes locked with Jonghyun’s and after much debate with himself, Key slowly turned around so his back was facing Jonghyun.  Jonghyun dipped the towel into the water and squeezed out the access and began to clean Key’s wounds. The younger whimpered and hissed in pain. “Jonghyun, you’re hurting me.” Key spoke. Jonghyun stopped, “does it hurt that much?” He asked. Key nodded. “Just bare with it, alright? I’ll get some bandages and wrap them around your back ok?” He said. Key took a deep breath and allowed Jonghyun to care for his wounds and after he was done, he bandaged up the wound and went back to his room, not with out hearing Key say, “Thank you, Jonghyun.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys so much!!! Please enjoy this chapter!!!! Saranghae!!!!