Chapter 17

Warrior Games

 

The next morning, all of the warriors, who survived, went back into the stadium, geared up and ready to go for day two of the fights. This time, Jonghyun stood closely by Key who clutched his bow getting ready to get his first arrow from his leather quiver on his back. The gates opposite to them open and this time, horses gallop out with chariots in those chariots are fighting warriors. Key takes out his arrow and aims at the drivers of the chariots hitting the first driver. The archer fires his arrow at Key but, Jonghyun is quick to act and knocks it away with his sword. The two stand back to back, “How’s your shoulder?” Jonghyun asks as he glances over his shoulder. Key chuckled, “You decide to ask me this now?” Jonghyun smirked and turned his head just in time to fight the enemy.

 

 

Meanwhile, Taemin was on a horse that he took over and Minho was in the chariot that was hooked up to the horse that Taemin was riding. Minho managed to catch a glimpse of the king, he was whispering something to one of the men sitting next to him, and Minho didn’t like that, the last time that happened Key got hurt. “Taemin, tell Key to aim for the King.”  Taemin was a little unsure but did it anyway, “Hyung, aim for the king!” he announced. Junsu was behind the gates and gaped, “Are they crazy!?” He then realized that Key’s injury and the king were tied to the fact that an assassin was taking orders from his majesty, ‘ he wants them dead.’ As soon as that thought went into his mind a loud gasp was heard in the audience. The horse that Taemin was riding, was shot down, crushing the younger boy with it, the chariot collapsed but, Minho jumped out in time. “Stop the fight.” Junsu commanded.

 

Key’s heart stopped, he rushed over to his brother who was being crushed under the white mare. “Tae, little brother wake up.” Onew and Changmin appeared and helped Jonghyun and Minho move the horse off of the younger. Key lifted his brother into his arms and looked at the king who was smirking with victory. “You son of a…” Key mumbled. “Key,” The younger perked up as Junsu ran in with a medical team and said, “Keep fighting, I’ll get him to the infirmary.” The warrior nodded and let the medical team take the younger inside and get him some help. Key lifted his arrow and fired at the king, missing only by a centimeter as the arrow head grazes the king’s cheek.

 

The king’s eyes hardened with even more anger, “seize him guards.” He commanded quietly. The gates opened and the guards surrounded the younger warrior. Pointing their swords and spears at Key they command that the warrior dropped his weapon but, Key held his bow firmly and didn’t even think about moving an inch, Jonghyun however was becoming not only worried for his lover but, also suspicious. ‘The king wants us dead, that means he’s going to kill us off either in the ring or one by one, so why didn’t he do it while we were enslaved to him?’ he thought but, he couldn’t wrap his mind at that problem he needed to figure out how to get Key out of harms way. He stood in front of the younger boy and said, “If you want to touch him, you have to get through me first.” At this, Onew, Minho, and Changmin joined him keeping Key in the middle of a small formation as they protected their friend. “Jonghyun, what are you doing?” Key wondered worry starting to etch in his voice. Jonghyun didn’t reply he gripped his blood stained sword tightly and turned his head over his shoulder and responded, “I made love to you last night Key. I don’t want you to die right after alright? I love you too much.” Key placed his arrow onto the bow and said, “How do you think I feel?” He aimed at one of the guards and fired. The guard was fast and dodged it, he grabbed a hold of Key’s wrist and pulled him to the ground and cuffed his wrists together behind his back. The other warriors were separated from Key as he was being taken away to see the king, who had his fate in his hands.

 

-Jonghyun’s P.O.V-

 

This is so stupid, how in the world are we supposed to be freed when, one of us ends up getting either injured or arrested. Oh, wait a minuet, the king is trying to get rid of us before we are set free, does that mean that someone knew of our agreement with Junsu and reported it to the king? If that was the case who could it be? He obviously has to dislike us and has to have known us for at least 24 hours- that guy. I look and see Junsu top student smirking to himself in the corner of the stadium, he is defiantly a candidate. I have to let Junsu know, otherwise Key and Taemin have no chance of survival. We have to hurry and get this over with.

 

-End of P.O.V-