Chapter 20

Warrior Games

Taemin’s eyes widened as he pushed open the gates and ran to his brother. “Hyung!” He exclaimed as he lifted the boy in his arms. Key smiled as he sat up and said weakly, “Don’t worry it just grazed me, deeply though but, I’ll be alright.” Jonghyun helped Key up and to Junsu where he was waiting with the medical team. “Junsu, before you go can I talk to you?” The teacher looked at his fighter and listened to what the older had to say. “Can I go for ultimate?” Junsu’s eyes widened, “Are you nuts? You only have one more fight after this and all of you are free, why stay here and go for ultimate?” Jonghyun gulped and replied, “I want to be able to use the reward and get a ring for Key, to marry him.” Junsu understood and smiled, “Very well, I’ll sign you up but, I can’t prepare you for ultimate, all I can offer you are extra training time that’s it.” Jonghyun nodded, determined “That’s all I need.”  Junsu smirked and said, “I’ll come to your room later tonight, we’ll talk about the details.” Jonghyun nodded and watched Junsu go to the medical quarters to help Key. Jonghyun grabbed his weapon and joined the others to fight on the field.

 

 

After the fight, Jonghyun went to go and check on Key. When he entered his healing quarters, he saw a very angry Key sitting in bed. “Hey Key.” Key ignored him. The older was taken back, “What’s wrong, Key?” “How could you even think about going to ultimate? Do you want to die?!” Jonghyun chuckled; he sat down next to the younger and said, “Key, I want to do it for you.” Key looked at the older whose face darkened and saddened, “you’re risking your life everyday, no doubt I am too we all are. I want to show you what my true power is. And besides, I am not just doing for you, I am doing it for myself I want to prove to myself that I am not as weak as I look.” Key placed his hand onto the older boy’s and said, “You know, it also takes a strong person to know their strengths and weaknesses, a strong person knows when to back down. Don’t push yourself to meet death Jonghyun.” Jonghyun held his head high, “I’ve made up my mind, and I want to do it.” Key sighed and said, “Then I’ve got no choice. I’ll support you with all my might, Jonghyun.” The older leaned in and pecked Key’s lips and said, “Thank you.”