Chapter 13

Warrior Games

 

The next morning, Junsu’s wagon’s arrived to the stadium. All of the warriors were unloaded, standing in a line in front of Junsu for a check up, he knew that someone attacked them last night and he wanted to make sure that no one was hurt. He stopped in front of Jonghyun who was bandaged. He walked over, “Are you alright?” Jonghyun nodded, “Yes, I’m fine, Key helped bandage it.” Junsu nodded and said, “We’ll have a medic look at it before you fight.” Jonghyun nodded. Junsu then released the warriors to go inside their rooms that they would be staying in until the fights. Taemin looked at Key and noticed that his brother was a little skeptical, “What are you thinking about hyung?” Key sighed and said “This was no accident, some one sent those horsemen on purpose and given that they were weak they gave me a bad vibe.” Taemin sighed and said, “You know hyung, there is a possibility that they could be soldiers from the palace.” Key nodded, ‘that’s understandable.’ He thought as he was still trying to figure out what to do. “Tae, What do I do? I want to tell Junsu but, what if our hunch is wrong?” Taemin shrugged, there was that possibility too. “Tell him at least we’ll have some sort of lead oh and hyung, have you forgiven Jonghyun yet?” Key chuckled and ruffled the boy’s hair and said, “You are really pushing your luck right now.” Taemin’s features brightened “so you did forgive him.”  Key rolled his eyes and went into his room, with a smirking Taemin following suit.

 

 

*

 

 

That night, Junsu called all of the fighters for a late night training class. Junsu looked up at the fighters and said, “You start fighting tomorrow,” The warriors looked at each other a little nervous but, listened to Junsu as he continued, “for some of you it will be a first fight for others, it wont but, head my words, be on your guard, we weren’t supposed to fight until next week. If either of you know anything, then let me know immediately we cannot handle unnecessary fatalities.” The warriors nodded and their training began, they were partnered with another student and sparred against one another while Junsu monitored. Jonghyun was against the big shot student himself. ‘I have to be careful if he hits my injury even once I won’t be able to fight period.’ He thought as they began to circle each other, Jonghyun taking careful steps while the other was cracking his knuckles as he walked. Junsu watched the two out of his peripheral vision knowing full well that Jonghyun was weak from an injury. Throughout the night, the fights were showing Junsu how his students would fight in the battles tomorrow, and so far, surprisingly he was pleased. He then exclaimed, “Alright, that’s enough, you may go to the beds, get pleanty of rest we head out tomorrow morning!” The fighters nodded and left to go and hit the beds where dreamland welcomed them with open arms.