Going Crazy by Stalker

Secret Love - DISCONTINUED

- Kim Seo Yul -

 

I walked into my office room and came to my desk. I put the folders that I brought to my desk then sat on the chair. I exhaled a long breath.

 

I just had a regular meeting with the producer, Kang Jiwon and Kim Kibum. They told me that they had an idea for another song but only for Jieun. They gave me a concept that revealing Jieun’s darker side and they came up with the idea of a stalking relationship. But then, they were also needed a rapper to join the song as the song would be a mid tempo R&B/hip hop with rap parts on the song. They even gave me the sample of the song that they had made before.

 

The only rapper that I had in mind ever since I heard the concept from the producers was Bang Yong Guk. I knew that he was still a trainee. But I guessed he was capable to do this. Besides, I wanted him to gain experience on the stage before he got his debut.

 

So when Jiwon and Kibum asked about the rapper, I suggested them to use Yong Guk. I also told them a brief about Yong Guk, about his activities as an underground rapper and also about the fact that he was capable to write his own lyric. Jiwon and Kibum immediately put their interest on Yong Guk. They agreed to put Yong Guk as a feature on the song. Then, they also asked Yong Guk to write his own rap lyric. Personally, I thought it would be a good chance for Yong Guk.

 

I exhaled then took my phone and called Yong Guk. I waited until he picked up his phone. Then I heard his low bass voice answering the phone.

 

“Hey, Yong Guk. It’s me, Seo Yul.”

 

“I know,” he said as he smiled. I could guess that he was smiling from the tone of his voice. I ever worked as an officer on 24 hours call centre and I learned how to tell customer’s mood from their voice there.

 

“Where are you right now?”

 

“On the café across the street with Himchan.”

 

I smiled. “Can you come to my office when you come back to the office?”

 

“Why?”

 

“There is something that I need to talk with you.”

 

“Is it something serious?”

 

A smile came again to my face. “No,” I said as I dropped my gaze. “You will know later if you come here.”

 

“Alright then. I will come soon.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be waiting. Thank you.”

 

“See you soon.”

 

I hung up the phone afterward.

 

Yong Guk came not too long afterward. He knocked the door and I told him to come in. Since I had to check on some documents, I dropped my gaze back to the document. I heard his footsteps came closer.

 

Then, I saw a glass of iced chocolate was placed in the front of me. I frowned as I saw the iced chocolate glass. I liked iced chocolate but I didn’t know why he gave me one. I looked up at him and wondered why he gave me the iced chocolate.

 

“You always like the iced chocolate from the café across the street, right?”

 

His answer made me smiled. I didn’t know that he noticed about my favorite drink. But I was touched to know that he had his concern on me. Somehow, it made me felt that someone was actually cared about me.

 

“Thank you,” I said then put down my pen and took the glass. “Have a seat, Yong Guk.” I stood up.

 

Yong Guk came to the sofa and sat there. I also sat on the sofa.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked. “Is there something wrong with the group?”

 

“There’s nothing wrong with the group.”

 

“So?”

 

“There’s a job for you to do,” I said.

 

He smiled. “What kind of job?”

 

“You know Kang Jiwon and Kim Kibum, right?”

 

“The producers that made Secret sunbaenim’s songs, right?”

 

I nodded. “They want to make a solo song for Jieun. And… they want to put another person to be featured on the song.”

 

He smiled as he understood what I meant. “So, you’re asking me to be Jieun’s partner on the song?”

 

I had to admit that Yong Guk was a sharp and smart boy. “Yes.”

 

He chuckled.

 

“Will you do it? It can be a chance for you to gain another experience on the stage.”

 

“Sure. Why not?”

 

I smiled. “Good.” I paused as I thought about the way to tell him the lyric making part. To tell him directly that he had a task for making his own lyric and the producer wouldn’t help him might not be good. Besides, the theme of the song was uncommon too. Even though I knew that Yong Guk had experience as a lyricist, I wasn’t sure that he could make the lyric about stalker. But I didn’t know any other way to tell him about it.

 

“I don’t like your expression.”

 

I looked at him. “What expression?”

 

“Your expression looks as if you’re not finished talking.”

 

“I am,” I said. “But it’s not a bad thing. The producers are just asking you to make your own rap lyric for the song. The theme of the song is about stalking relationship. It’ll be about an obsessive ex-lover who stalked a girl and the girl couldn’t stand with his action. I guess the concept will be darker than what Jieun did for Shy Boy. But I think it’s a good chance to show her individual talent.” I paused for a while as I took a breath. “So, will you up for the challenge?”

 

He smirked. “Why do you think I’m not?”

 

I smiled and nodded as I dropped my gaze. “Good,” I said then stood up and came to my table. I wrote down Jiwon and Kibum’s studio address on a piece of paper then gave it to Yong Guk.

 

“I will tell them that you agreed after this. But then, you will have to meet them to discuss about the concept. This is their studio address. You can meet them tomorrow.”

 

He received the address.

 

“And I’ll send you the sample song by phone later so you know what kind of music the song will be.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay then…” I looked around. Somehow I felt confused on what I had to tell him. “Ah, I think I’ll send you the song now and call Jiwon oppa to tell him about this. You can go back to your practice.” I turned to my desk and get my phone.

 

“Nunna.”

 

I turned to see him. He had stood up from the sofa and wanted to go. But it seemed that something was bothering him so he stopped.

 

“What am I for you?”

 

I became confused as I heard the question. But then, Yong Guk smiled.

 

“Nevermind,” he said. “I’ll try to hear the song when I received it and try to think of what I can do with it.”

 

“Okay,” I said as I nodded in confusion.

 

Yong Guk walked to the door and went out from my office. After he closed the door, I tilted my head.

 

What am I for you?

 

Why did Yong Guk ask that kind of question?

 

For sure, he was a good friend that I cherished the most. I always appreciated each and every friend that I had. I had some bad experiences with friends back on my younger days. So, I learned to value my friends a lot. Yong Guk was also someone that I could trust and depended on. He was part of my company’s family. But then, I felt something was strange. Somewhere deep inside my heart, I felt something bothering me.

 

So what did Yong Guk mean for me?

 

 

- Bang Yong Guk -

 

I mentally slapped my self whenever I remembered my silly question to Seo Yul earlier this noon. I didn’t know why I asked her like that. Somehow when I heard she called Producer Kang Jiwon, Jiwon oppa, I felt that I couldn’t accept the way she called him. I knew that she might be considered Producer Kang as her older brother. But somehow I just couldn’t accept that she called someone with oppa. I actually wanted to tell her that she supposed not to call someone oppa so easily. She supposed to call oppa to someone special.

 

Probably to someone like me.

 

I froze with my thought.

 

But why am I thinking like that?

 

Aish, Bang Yong Guk. Seo Yul was your boss and a good friend. You shouldn’t have a thought like that for her. I reminded my self.

 

I released a sigh then repeated the sample song that I received from Seo Yul. I still tried to think about the rap part for the song. But then, stalking relationship was not a simple thing to do. I tried to write down some lyric but I quickly crossed them out since I felt that they were not good enough. I couldn’t grasp the essence of an ex-lover stalker feeling.

 

I turned the swivel chair around and looked at Himchan who was reading on the sofa.

 

“Yah, Himchan.”

 

He raised his gaze to me and smiled. “What?”

 

“What do you think about a stalker?”

 

His smile became wider. “Why? Are you trying to be a stalker now?” He said jokingly.

 

“No,” I said. “I just have to write a rap lyric about obsessive stalker ex-boyfriend. But I can’t think of any good lyric. Do you have any idea?”

 

“Have you ever had a girlfriend before?”

 

Himchan’s question made me thought for a while. I had spent my whole life thinking about music. Music was my only obsession. I might have some crushes back when I was younger. But then, I never really had a girlfriend before. Besides, I was the type of guy who loved someone from a far. I never really confessed to a girl before and just adored her from a far. I always realized that I was a coward to the girl that I liked.

 

“No,” I replied him innocently.

 

Himchan smirked. “Then it’s going to be hard for you,” he said. “But I think you should use your imagination instead.”

 

I smiled. Himchan was right. “Yeah, you’re right,” I said then turned back to the table.

 

But then, I started to think what if I became Jieun's stalker and what kind of feeling that I would have for her. But somehow whenever I wanted to think about Jieun, my mind came back to Seo Yul. I gave up and used Seo Yul instead as my imaginary girlfriend.

 

What would I do if I became obsessed to her and became her stalker?

 

Then, I started to write down some words on my notebook.

 

'I follow your shadow and call you.'

 

But then, I became clueless again. I gave up. I guessed I'd better discussed about the lyric with the producers tomorrow. Probably I would have some ideas when I met and talked with them.

 

On the next day, I met the producers to discuss about the song. I could understand more about the song from their explanation. But I still confused with what I should write.

 

I came back to the office after the meeting with the producers. And because I needed a place to be alone, I came to the vocal room. I used to use the room to write lyrics. But when I got there and opened the door, I realized someone was using the room.

 

It was Seo Yul and she was playing the keyboard on the room. I didn't know that Seo Yul could play instrument. But then, when I remembered what I had thought yesterday, I felt nervous to see her. I wanted to turn back. But, I guessed she heard the door was being opened. She stopped and turned to me.

 

"Ah, Yong Guk," she said with her cheerful voice.

 

Somehow, when I heard her cheerful voice and saw her smile bloomed when she saw me, my nervousness disappeared and my smile bloomed along with her. I stepped further into the room. "Why are you here?" I asked her.

 

"Just to relieve my stress," she said then realized something. "Ah, do you want to use the room?"

 

Actually, I really liked to be alone. But somehow, I wanted her to be around.

 

"No, it's fine. Nunna can stay here," I said as I put my bag on the sofa there.

 

"Really?" She asked.

 

"Yeah," I said as I took out my notebook. Then, I came to her side and pulled another chair to her side. I sat there.

 

"What's wrong?" She asked.

 

"Did you ever have a stalker, Nunna?"

 

I noticed there was a slight change on her face. She seemed to understand why I asked her the question. But of course she would understand. She was the one who gave me the assignment to work with the producers.

 

And to my surprise, she answered…

 

"Yes, I have."

 

Somehow, my protective side arose as I heard the answer. Who would dare to stalk Seo Yul?

 

I thought I could give that guy a punch if I met him. But then, I realized that Seo Yul was a beautiful girl and nice too. I guessed she might have the experience.

 

"You did?" I asked again.

 

She nodded. "When I was still in the middle school for the whole 5 years."

 

"Who is he?"

 

"My Sunbae on the school," she said. "But it was happened a long time ago. I never met him again now."

 

"How did you feel about him?"

 

She tilted her head and seemed to think for a while. "It was bothering me for sure. Everytime I saw him, I feel annoyed."

 

"Did he do something harmful to you?"

 

She shook her head as she smiled. "No. I was lucky that I have a boyfriend back then. So I could hide behind my boyfriend. But, the stalker knew everything about me even about something that I didn't even remember. And it's creepy. I heard from my friends that he has taken my pictures without me knowing about that. My boyfriend didn't do anything since he didn't know about it. But I was so scared back then. I just wished that he could disappear."

 

Somehow I felt the urge to hold her hand. And that was what I did. I raised my hand and held her hand. Probably if I knew her back then, I would protect her. But, if she was on the middle school, probably I was still on my early childhood. Nunna and I were 8 years apart.

 

Seo Yul smiled as she felt my hand on her hand. She patted the back of my palm. "Its fine now," she said. "I guess, as long as I don't see him, I'll be fine."

 

"But if you meet him, call me immediately, okay."

 

She chuckled. "Thanks, but I think I can manage on my own," she said as she took my hand off from her hand. "So, do you need my help for the lyric?"

 

"Do you really want to help me?"

 

"Hummm... I won't help you with the lyric. But I guess I can help you with the stalker experience." She ended it with a naughty smile on her face.

 

"What?" I questioned the meaning of her smile. "Don't tell me that you have become a stalker too."

 

"Maa, I guess any girl will do that at least one time on her life."

 

I surprised with her words. When did she ever become a stalker?

 

But it also made me amused too. I smiled with her words and shook my head. Seo Yul was unbelievable. I was glad that she was willing to help me. But whenever I remembered that Seo Yul actually had a stalker, I felt the urge to protect her.

 

I want to protect her and make her feeling safe all the time.

---

 

 

Please remember that this fic is using Korean Age system which is +1 year from the International Age system.

And it's just a work of fiction. So don't trust the timeline too much.

Follow my twitter AFFalize_sakura for teasers and updates.

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving the fic.