Never Give Up

Secret Love - DISCONTINUED

- Bang Yong Guk -

 

Finally, the 'I Remember' song was released onto digital single format. But since the MV was full with violence scene, I couldn't promote the song properly and couldn't perform the song along with Yang Yoseob sunbaenim. It was something that I regretted. But the song itself was having good response from the public. So, I was feeling a little bit proud about it.

 

And on the same month, Himchan got a job as a host on MTV The Show. Seo Yul told me that she wanted Himchan to have public speaking experience since the company expected him as the group’s speaker. But I always knew that Himchan was good in public speaking. So, I was happy to see that he got the job.

 

But then, Sung Won hyung and Kyung Wook hyung had to enlist for their mandatory military service. It made them to take a long break from the entertainment world. And as for me, I felt sad because I would lose them during their break. I would miss them for sure.

 

But we got good news. Our new group concept had been decided. The planning team already told us about our image, our concept and even the name of our group. It was B.A.P or Best Absolute Perfect. They were also explaning to us the meaning behind the name. They were appointed me as the leader of the group since I was the oldest one. But it seemed that the other members agreed about my position. The planning team also told us that we had mascot. The mascot would be bunny robot, just like the one that I used on the ending of I Remember's MV. Personally, I thought the Robo Bunny was a cute mascot.

 

Sajangnim also added another task for me to co-produce and to compose the songs along with the producers of the songs. So, I would be actively involved through the process from the beginning till the end. He introduced Kang Seok Gu hyung and Jung Kwang Hee hyung as our managers. He also said that Seo Yul would be in charged and had the full responsible for us as well as for Secret. Personally, I felt relieved to know that she would work with us since the six of us had known her since the beginning.

 

And as for Seo Yul herself…

 

I had noticed that she seemed to be slightly different after she got back from Nowon-gu. She seemed to be drowning her self more into her work. I could understand the reason why she did that. But it made me worried to see her forcing her self to work.

 

But then, everytime I was alone, that man image was playing on my mind. He was tall, lean, looking cute and charismatic with neat cut although he was a little bit dorky. But surely, some girls on his class would like him even though he had married. He was a professor on a University then he must be smart, mature and also friendly. In many aspects, I got beaten by him. But, at least I knew how her ideal type was. And somehow to think that I was far from her ideal type, it made me a little upset.

 

On an autumn night, I used the music studio for writing lyric. I was having a meeting with the producers earlier to discuss about the songs for B.A.P. They came up with an idea of having a pilot project to introduce another member beside of me and Himchan before we were having our debut. And they also threw an idea about the song as a gospel hip-hop song because they just heard a good Choir song from the Choir group, Heritage. So, I was thinking on what kind of song that fit for the project as I listened to the songs that I had on my phone.

 

A gospel song…

 

Actually I had never listened to that kind of songs.

 

As I was busy with my own thought, I caught a glimpse of someone’s presence over my right shoulder. I turned to look at my right and saw Seo Yul beside me. But her presence was surprising me. I quickly moved backward as I felt surprised.

 

"Ah, I'm surprised," I said as I saw her so close beside me.

 

But probably I was feeling nervous too because she was too close. Her face was too close to me.

 

Seo Yul was giggling as she straightened her body. Probably she found that it was funny to tease me.

 

"Aish, Nunna. Why do you always surprise me like that?" I complained.

 

"But it's so funny to see your reaction,” she said as she chuckled.

 

I really didn’t know why she liked to tease me. I never could give any good reaction toward jokes. Himchan was better than me. I saw that he could make Seo Yul laughed sometimes because of his jokes. "If you want to tease someone, you should try Himchan."

 

She grinned happily. "No, I like to tease you more than Himchan."

 

I could feel that my heart skipped a beat when she said so. And I tried so hard to suppress my smile. Somehow, I felt happy to hear that she liked me more than Himchan. I looked at the front and I dropped my gaze as I felt my cheeks became warm. "But the other kids like to ."

 

I heard her chuckled. "Probably I'm not normal then,” she said casually.

 

I knew that she was joking. But I really amazed that she could lower her age so she could hang around with us who was younger than her. I scoffed and shook my head as I looked back at her. "I really can't believe that you're actually 30 now."

 

I saw her pouting. Oh gosh. I forgot that she didn’t like it when someone reminded her of her real age. And, I just did that.

 

"I was praising you, Nunna,” I said as soon as possible when I realized my own mistake. “You look younger from your real age."

 

A fake smile formed on her lips. “Thank you.” Then, she sat beside me and looked at the book under my arm. “What do you write?”

 

I lifted my arm and looked at the book. “Just a random note.” I shoved the book to her. “I don’t know what it is for.”

 

She read my note book for a while. “Jiwon oppa and Kibum give you another song to write?”

 

So, she knew that I just had a meeting with the producers. Honestly, I really hated to hear her calling Kang Jiwon as Oppa. But, I didn’t think I could stop her for calling him that.

 

“Not really,” I replied, trying to keep my self calm. “But they came up with idea about gospel hip-hop song.”

 

“Gospel?” She asked.

 

But she sounded as if she was interested on the theme. Besides, I saw her eyes sparkling. It amused me to see her like that. I smiled and nodded. “You sound interested. Why?”

 

A bright smile came to her face and she seemed to be hyper. “I ever joined Choirs when I was still at High School and when I was at the University.”

 

To see her like that had never failed to make me smiled wider. She was acting like a child sometimes. Sometimes I wondered who was the one that older between us actually. But, I never heard that she had joined a Choir before. “Well, I don’t know that you ever sang in Choirs before.”

 

She just smirked. Probably she never told anyone about it on the company, not even Untouchable hyungs or Secret members.

 

But then, I was wondering about her expectation toward B.A.P. The Planning team told us that our image would be manly image. They wanted us to be manlier than average guy idols. I understood what the Planning Team wanted. But I was worried that I would be reckless then caused problems because of our image.

 

“But, nunna…”

 

I heard her replying me, “Yes?”

 

“What do you expect from B.A.P?” I asked as I looked at her.

 

She seemed to be thinking for a while because of it. But I guessed she was confused with the question also.

 

“What do you mean?” She asked.

 

“What kind of song or image that you expect from B.A.P?”

 

“Ah…”

 

I guessed she had understood what I meant.

 

“Do you want me to be honest?”

 

Of course, I wanted her to be honest so I nodded.

 

“As your boss, I expect you to create something that makes profits for the company. But I don’t expect you to go with the flow like the other idol groups. Just do what you want to do. You have to find your own music,” she said. “And as your friend, I just expect you to do your best.”

 

“Even if I make a lyric that I used to write?” I asked as I smirked.

 

Seo Yul had seen the lyrics that I made. So, she knew well that I often made lyrics that criticized the society or using rough and rude words. I had interest on politic and economic problems. In the most of the time, I put my stress over those problems on my lyrics. So, my lyrics looked rude sometimes. But on the other hand, Seo Yul disliked politic and economic problems. For her, those things were too complicated and made her dizzy. She always said that her life was complicated already so she didn't want to make her life more complicated with other problems such as Politics or Economics. I knew that it seemed selfish. But that was Seo Yul’s way of life.

 

But then, when she heard my words earlier, her expression changed. She frowned and narrowed her eyes, ready to scold me. I was sure that she remembered what kind of lyric that I used to write “Yah, don’t use rude words on your lyrics,” she complained as she wanted to slap my arm. I quickly caught her hand before she hit me.

 

Somehow her complain made me smiled again. “Alright, alright,” I said to calm her down. “I’m just kidding.” I lowered her hand. “Beside, I have underage kids on my group. So, I realize that I have to be careful with the songs.”

 

She became calm again with my words. “Good then.” But then again, she slipped her hand off from my hand.

 

“But I still don’t know what kind of group that they wanted.”

 

I could hear her humming.

 

“It’s just my expectation personally,” she said as she moved closer to him. “But I expect you to make a group that being liked by the girls because of your charisma and by the guys because of your music.”

 

I thought about her words for a while. But then, I also felt that this kind of group would be cool. I knew it seemed hard to have that kind of group. But I always could try. I smiled. “That sounds cool.”

 

“I know, right?” She moved apart. “And for the songs, just leave it to the producers. They know how to make songs for idols that also fit for their image.” She patted my shoulder. “Besides, you’ve done a great job for ‘Going Crazy’ and also ‘I Remember’. Try to make that kind of songs.”

 

I smirked as I nodded. Sometimes I amazed to know how Seo Yul could simplify things. But she was right. The producers knew what kind of songs that fit for us. "Alright. I will try."

 

“Alright then.” She patted both of my shoulders. “I’ll leave you to think about the song. Just do whatever you like.” She stood up and left the place.

 

But then, I still didn’t have any ideas for the song. I tried to find some themes for the song. But I always met dead end while writing the lyric.

 

Until, I saw Junhong and Jongup studied for their school. I realized that the Exam season would come soon. Junhong might be working harder for his own Exam soon. He was at the 3rd grade of Junior High School and would come to the High School next year. At that moment, I thought that a song for encouraging the students would be great.

 

And by that thought, I created ‘Never Give Up’.

 

---

 

Please remember that this fic is using Korean Age system which is +1 year from the International Age system.

And it's just a work of fiction. So don't trust the timeline too much.

Follow my twitter AFFalize_sakura for teasers and updates.

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving the fic.