Lee Hoon is Seo Yul's Friend (??)

Secret Love - DISCONTINUED

 

- Kim Seo Yul -

 

 

On the next few days after that incident, I received a report that Yong Guk started to get better with his dance movement. Jiyoung himself started to admit that Yong Guk was getting better and he praised Yong Guk in the front of me as we had dinner together with the other trainers. And since I wasn’t someone who satisfied with the report without seeing it with my own eyes, I decided to come to their practice again. I remembered that I was smiling and feeling satisfy when I saw him dancing. Yong Guk was really getting better.

 

But then, I didn’t have any time to concern about Yong Guk since my priority was moved to Secret’s new mini album promotion. And even though I got few managers to take care of my artistes, I rather chose to come and watch them by my self. So when Secret got their first stage for promoting Madonna, I decided to come by to the studio before I came to the office.

 

The girls were welcoming me with warmth as I showed up on their waiting room. Hyosung even gave me a hug. I went around checking on the girls. Zinger was excited with the stage and Jieun was feeling a little nervous. But I took a personal concern for Sunhwa since she was also busy with the shooting for variety show.

 

“Unnie,” she said with spoiled voice as I came to her. She saw me coming through the mirror in the front of her.

 

I smiled to see her pouted expression. Sunhwa rounded her arms around my waist as I arrived at her side. She was sitting on the chair so her height was shorter than me. Sunhwa went back to their dorm so early in the morning since she had variety show shoot yesterday.

 

“What’s the matter?” I asked her as I put my hand on her shoulder. “Did you get some sleep on the car?”

 

“Yeah,” she said.

 

I turned to her and raised her chin to see her make-up. “Let me see your face.” I checked her make-up.

 

I knew that she would have a swollen face. But the make-up artist seemed to do a good job. They covered the sign of tiredness perfectly. But Sunhwa had a good skin too.

 

“It’s good,” I said as I lowered my hand. “Have you eaten yet?”

 

“Yong Jun Oppa gave me breakfast earlier,” she said.

 

“Good.” I patted her head. “Have a rest while waiting, okay.”

 

Sunhwa nodded her head and released her arms from me. Then I went to Yong Jun who stood on the side. I assigned him as their manager. Beside, he already became part of Secret manager line since the girls had their debut. Yong Jun bowed slightly at me when I came closer.

 

“Good morning, sunbaenim,” he greeted me.

 

“Any troubles with the girls?” I asked.

 

“No,” he said then took out a folder and handed to me. “But Jang Timjang-nim asked me to give this to you.”

 

I took the folder. “What’s this?” I asked.

 

“New scouts,” he replied as I opened the folder.

 

I looked at its contents. There were some profiles in it. And one of them was Moon Jongup. Moon Jongup had good review on dance. But I would need to check on him later.

 

“Jang Timjang-nim also said that he had put their sample videos on your desk last night.”

 

I nodded then closed the folder. “I’ll check it later when I’m at the office.” I looked back at Yong Jun. “When is the girls’ shooting schedule?”

 

Yong Jun looked at his planner book. “On 1 PM. But they will have interview before.”

 

I just nodded. “I won’t be long in here. I will have a meeting on 10 AM with the producer for discussing Untouchable’s comeback.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“Please take care of the girls.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“I’ll leave now. See you later.”

 

Yong Jun nodded. I turned to the girls.

 

“Girls, I’m leaving now.”

 

“Heee?” The girls seemed to disappoint and surprise that I wouldn’t stay with them.

 

“Unnie, you’re not staying for our shooting?” Hyosung asked.

 

“I have a meeting on 10. So I can’t stay behind.” I told them. “But good luck with your shoot later.” I came to Jieun. “Careful with your voice, okay.”

 

She was having sore throat yesterday while having a vocal practice. I took her to see the doctor to check whether she was fine yesterday.

 

“Yes, Unnie,” she said with pouted lips.

 

I just smiled and gave a hug to encourage her. “See you later,” I said then went out.

 

As I came out from the room, I met the producer of the music show. He recognized me and stopped to greet me.

 

“Ah, it’s been a long time not to see you here,” he said.

 

“Yes, sorry for that.” I told him.

 

“When was the last time we meet?”

 

“I guess it was during the girls’ promotion for Magic.”

 

“Ah…” He seemed to remember now. “So what are you doing now?”

 

“I’m still at the company but doing some back office work now.”

 

“Oh, I heard that you got promoted to be a Team Leader now. Congratulation for the promotion.”

 

“Thank you so much, PD-nim,” I said.

 

“So, did you just visit your girls?”

 

“Yes,” I replied. “But now I have to come back to the office. I still have works to do there.”

 

He smiled. “You must be so busy now, right?”

 

I just smiled. Of course, I couldn’t tell him that I was busy or something like that. “But, well, please take care of Secret.” I bowed at him.

 

“Of course,” he said then patted my shoulder before he went away.

 

I turned and went to the parking lot. I came to my own car and got in then drove away. I went back to the office.

 

When I arrived at the office, I saw In Hyuk came out from his own car. I pressed the klaxon to gain his attention. He looked at me. I just waved at him then turned to park my car. I turned off my car and came out. Of course I brought the folder that I had along with me.

 

“Did Yong Jun pass you the document?” In Hyuk asked as I came to him.

 

“That’s what I want to ask you,” I said. “Do you have a moment?”

 

He smiled. “Anything for you.”

 

“Let’s talk upstairs.” I told him.

 

He nodded. “Sure.”

 

So we entered the building and walked upstairs. But when we passed on the 2nd floor’s corridor, I saw Yong Guk ran toward us with worried look on his face. He stopped in the front of me.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Joo Hoon,” he said between his breaths. He was catching his breath.

 

“What’s wrong with Joo Hoon?” In Hyuk asked.

 

“I think his foot got hurt,” Yong Guk said again.

 

“What?”

 

I felt worried when I heard that. I knew how precious the foot was for a dancer. I was a dancer my self since I was a kid even though I was learning traditional dance through my mother. So, I understood very well about it.

 

I looked at the training room then quickly went there. In Hyuk and Yong Guk were following me. As I went there, I hoped that Joo Hoon’s injury wasn’t bad. But when I arrived at the training room, I saw Joo Hoon was holding his left foot while crying in pain. Another trainee was supporting his body behind him. I quickly came to him and kneeled beside him.

 

“What’s happen with him?” I asked to the other trainees.

 

“I don’t know. We were practicing and suddenly he became like this.”

 

I took his foot and put it on my lap. But it seemed that he was in pain when I moved his foot. And I noticed that his foot seemed to be swelling. I looked at one of the trainees.

 

“Call Manager Kang upstairs. Tell him to get the car immediately.”

 

The trainee nodded and went away quickly.

 

“Will he be okay?” Yong Guk asked me.

 

“I don’t know yet,” I replied him then looked back at Joo Hoon. “I’ll check on your foot. Please endure the pain a bit, okay.”

 

Joo Hoon nodded. I took off his shoe. He was wincing in pain and he winced too as I checked on his foot. I quickly realized that his foot was dislocated. I knew because I had seen it many times. Besides, I had friends that worked as doctors and one of my interests was medical so I learned a little bit about it. I guessed it was fine to have a little knowledge about medical. At least, I knew the basic of first aid treatment.

 

I looked back at Joo Hoon. “Did you just fall before?”

 

“I fell when I played basketball with my friends last night. But it was fine. I still can use it for walking.”

 

I clicked my tongue then saw the trainee that I sent to call Kang Seok Gu had returned.

 

“Manager Kang is waiting downstairs, Kim Timjang-nim.”

 

I looked at Yong Guk and the other trainee that supporting Joo Hoon’s body.

 

“Help me to carry him downstairs.” I told them.

 

Both of them understood and quickly supported their friend. I stood up and looked at In Hyuk.

 

“I…”

 

He looked understood and took the documents that I brought. “Just go,” he said.

 

I nodded. “Thanks.” I went away to follow the guys.

 

I saw the car already parked on the front of the door. Manager Kang came out from the car and opened the door for us. Yong Guk and his friend took Joo Hoon in to the car. I turned to Manager Kang.

 

“I’ll bring the car. You go and tell Manager Oh that I won’t be able to go to the meeting today. And asked Park Il-jong to replace me.”

 

“Yes, Timjang-nim,” he said then left.

 

I turned to Yong Guk. “You, come with me.”

 

Yong Guk nodded then came in to the car. I quickly went to the driver side and entered. I drove the car.

 

 

- Bang Yong Guk-

 

 

I winced as I saw Joo Hoon in pain beside me. I felt pity on him. We started as trainees on the same time. He was a good dancer.

 

“Yong Guk.”

 

I heard Seo Yul called my name. I looked at her and saw her handed her phone at me.

 

“Find Lee Hoon name on my phone and dial the number.”

 

“Ah, okay.” I took the phone then did what she told me to. I dialed the number then gave the handsfree earphone to Seo Yul.

 

Seo Yul quickly put the earphone on her ear.

 

“Hello, Hoon-ie? It’s me, Seo Yul,” she said. “I have a trainee that got injured now. Are you at the hospital?” She went silent for a moment. “Good. I’m on my way there. It’s an urgent. I guess his foot is dislocated and something happen to his muscle.”

 

I winced as I heard that.

 

“Okay, I’ll be right there soon.” She took off the earphone and handed it to me.

 

I received the earphone and hung up the phone.

 

“Dislocated?” Joo Hoon asked.

 

“It’s just an assumption. We need to run full check up on your foot.”

 

I looked at Joo Hoon. He seemed to be resigned yet worried. I was sure that he was worried that he couldn’t dance anymore and also about losing his position on the group. I thought I could understand his feeling.

 

At the hospital, I helped Joo Hoon to get down from the car and supported him to come to the wheelchair that had been prepared in advance by the nurse. Seo Yul told me to accompany Joo Hoon as she parked the car. So I went in with Joo Hoon.

 

The nurse brought us to a young doctor with name Lee Hoon. He was the one that Seo Yul asked me to call to earlier. I looked at him as he checked on Joo Hoon’s foot. He was a neat guy with good looking face. I must to admit that he was looking cute. His body was tall around my height. He was using glasses and looking smart. He looked friendly and nice.

 

I heard knocks on the door so I turned my look there. I saw Seo Yul came in.

 

“Ah, Seo Yul-ah,” he said in informal speech.

 

“Sorry, I have to park the car.” She apologized as she came to my side. Her eyes went to Joo Hoon who laid on the bed. “How is he?”

 

“It seemed that his muscle is torn. But I’m not sure either. I’ll send him to the CT scan room to check on his foot. My sunbaenim will check on him.”

 

“Please do so,” Seo Yul said.

 

Lee Hoon looked at the nurse and told her to bring Joo Hoon to the CT scan room. The nurse started to work and brought Joo Hoon out from the room. I stood up.

 

“We’ll be waiting outside then until the check up is finished,” Seo Yul told the doctor.

 

The doctor nodded.

 

So we went out and waited on the lobby afterward. Seo Yul went to buy drinks for us. She went back with two drinks on her hands. She handed one to me.

 

“Thanks,” I told her as I received the drink.

 

She sat beside me and exhaled as she leaned back. I looked closely at her. She seemed to be thinking and looking worried. I guessed if I asked her about Joo Hoon’s condition probably it would burden her more. So I thought I’d better say something else to her.

 

“You seem close to that doctor?”

 

“Huh?” She looked at me then realized what I meant. “Ah, Hoon-ie? He’s my friend since elementary school. Probably he knows me longer than my own best friend.”

 

I smiled and nodded. “I guess I never see your friends before except for your friends from work.”

 

She smiled again. “I don’t have much friends back on my school days. Hoon-ie was one of the first friends that I got when I moved to Seoul on 3rd grade.”

 

“Ah? Your hometown is not from Seoul?” It was the first time I heard about it.

 

“Anni.” She said. “I was born in Seoul. But my family moved to Incheon before moving back to Seoul.”

 

I was surprised to hear that she ever lived in Incheon. “Ah, you ever lived in Incheon? I’m coming from Incheon too. Which part of Inchon did you live?”

 

“Nam-gu.” She said. “We moved there because Appa got a project there.”

 

When I heard she mentioned her dad, somehow I remembered that I ever heard that Seo Yul had lost her father on age 15. “Do you still live with your family now?”

 

She shook her head. “No. Omma and my dongsaengs are living in Nowon-gu now.”

 

But then, I saw her leaned forward. It seemed that she saw something. I turned my gaze and saw that Doctor Lee Hoon was calling her. I looked back at her and saw her handed her bottle at me.

 

“Wait here for a while, okay,” she said.

 

I received her bottle and she stood up then went to Lee Hoon. I just looked at them as they were talking. Seo Yul was standing beside Lee Hoon as Lee Hoon showed her a report. Probably because of Joo Hoon earlier, I didn’t notice about her appearance. Seo Yul was using short pants with short sleeves shirt. Her bag was slung on her left shoulder and she tied her hair into a loose side braid. She looked sweet and pretty. But then, with Lee Hoon on her side, somehow I thought that they were quietly matched to each other.

 

I leaned back to my chair and looked away from them.

 

I don’t know why but I feel I don’t like to see them together.

 

---

 

Please remember that Korean Age system is +1 year from the International Age system.

And it's just a work of fiction. So don't trust the timeline too much. ^^

Follow my twitter AFFalize_sakura for teasers and updates.

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving the fic.