Seo Yul's Special Christmas Eve

Secret Love - DISCONTINUED

 

- Kim Seo Yul -

 

It was an afternoon on Christmas Eve and I was at the office watching the preparation schedule from the planning team. We really had tight schedule on January next year. The white board on my room was filled with their schedule. We just had a meeting earlier with the team on my office to discuss the next steps. There were many things that we needed to do on January. The boys had started to practice their routine with the sample song and they would record the song on tomorrow. I had seen the routine and it wasn’t a simple routine. I was glad that Sang Hyun decided to start teaching them the routine earlier.

 

Then I heard a new message notification on my phone. I looked at my phone that I put on the table. I took it and opened the message. It was a message from Lee Hoon.

 

Are you still working? I’ll be picking you up on 5 PM sharp for the reunion. And Wooyoung is coming back from the State. Do you want to meet him after that?’

 

It was his message. We would have a high school reunion later at evening. Lee Hoon offered me to go together since I had complained to him about my condition. I was feeling not well lately. Lee Hoon said that it was because of fatigue so he wanted me to take a break from my work. But of course, he knew well that I couldn’t do that.

 

Meanwhile, Wooyoung or Baek Wooyoung was a friend of mine and also Lee Hoon back when we were still in elementary. The last time I heard about him, Wooyoung was having his study on Switzerland. But since he was someone that I hadn’t met for sometimes, I would love to meet him again.

 

I replied the message.

 

I’ll be waiting for you at the office. And yes, let’s meet Wooyoung later.’

 

After I sent the message, I heard knocks on my door. I looked up and saw Lee Yoo Kyung and Park Ye-sun on my door. Both of them were the stylist for B.A.P. I had called them for discussing the boys’ outfit for the debut. We would record the MV on mid-January. So, I thought they would need to prepare.

 

“Unnie, did you call for us?” Ye-sun asked.

 

“Yes.” I smiled at them. “Come in.” I stood up from my chair as I took the folder and my planner. I also looked at my watch. It already 3 PM. But I still had time.

 

“Wow, Unnie.”

 

I quickly raised my gaze when I heard Yoo Kyung chuckled.

 

“You look pretty,” she said as she smiled.

 

I looked at my dress. I remembered that I already used my outfit for the reunion tonight. It was a one-piece knee-length sack dress. I guessed it was too fancy for working but I had thought that it would be annoying if I used it later before Lee Hoon picked me up so I used it for working. I also tied my half of my hair. But I thought that my appearance was too y for me.

 

“Is it not too y?” I asked them.

 

“No,” Yoo Kyung said. “It looks good on you.”

 

I smiled. “Thank you,” I said then came to the sofa and sat there.

 

“Do you have date for Christmas Eve?” Ye-sun teased as she sat on the sofa.

 

“No. I have a school reunion later.”

 

“Ah…” Both of them looked understand.

 

“Okay, I call you both for discussing about B.A.P’s style for their MV. The recording will be taken place on January 11. So, we need to prepare it starting from now.”

 

Then we were discussing about the boys’ style. The discussion was finished on 4.30 PM. I looked at my watch and realized that I only had 30 minutes to prepare my self. I went back to my desk and sat on my chair. I took out my cosmetics and put on some makeup. Ever since I worked, I started to put on make-ups. I always liked natural style so I didn’t apply too much makeup. I was fixing my hair when my phone rang.

 

I looked at my phone. It was Lee Hoon. I picked the phone and answered it.

 

“You’ve here?” I asked as soon as I picked up the call.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Hold on a while. I’ll be there soon.” I said.

 

“Okay.”

 

I lowered the phone and hung up the call. I cleaned up my cosmetic bag and put in on my bag. I closed my laptop and piled up the folders. I put my planner on the bag then looked around to think what else that I needed to bring with me. But I guessed there was nothing else that I would need to bring. I would come again to the office tomorrow if I needed something. So, I took my bag and carried it on my shoulder. I came out from the room. I chose to use the stairs to come down to the first floor.

 

“Uwah, Nunna.”

 

I stopped as I heard the call. It was Himchan’s voice. I was on the second floor and I saw the boys were there. I knew that they were still on the training room for practicing their dance. I looked around and saw Himchan on the corridor, walking toward me. Behind him, there was Yong Guk. But he was walking a little bit slower as he looked at me in awe.

 

 

- Bang Yong Guk -

 

Seriously, I thought an Angel had come to TS Entertainment building when I saw a beautiful lady came down from the 3rd floor and walked on the corridor.

 

“Uwah, Nunna.”

 

She stopped and turned because of Himchan’s voice. That was when I realized that she was Seo Yul. I looked at Himchan beside me and saw him walking before me with a wide smile plastered on his face. When I saw Seo Yul, I couldn’t help my self but to stare at her in awe. She looked so beautiful with off-white one-piece dress. She tied half of her hair but it made her look more feminine than usual. Overall, she was breath-taking beautiful. And I guessed I could feel my heart beating faster and faster as I came closer.

 

“Why’s with your dress?” He asked as he came closer to Seo Yul.

 

“Ah.” She smiled then looked to her dress. “This?” She looked back to Himchan. “I have an appointment today.”

 

When I heard the word ‘appointment’, the first thing that came across in my mind was a date. And somehow, it was enough to make my heart dropped.

 

“Is it a date?” I asked as I stopped in the front of her.

 

Seo Yul smiled in amusement. “Anniya,” she said. “It’s just a school reunion.”

 

“But, do you really need to dress beautifully like that?” I asked again.

 

But I realized that I sounded like a jealous guy. I thought Himchan noticed the change on my voice too because he was looking at me with his teasing look.

 

“Aigo, is our Yong Guk feel jealous now?” Himchan teased me as he nudged my arm.

 

I looked at Himchan. Did this guy really want to die?

 

“I think I need to.”

 

Seo Yul made us looking back at her again with her words. She was smiling playfully.

 

“I’ll be turning 31 next year. So I guess it’ll be good if I can attract a guy tonight. Right?”

 

I clenched my teeth. I really wanted to tell her no for that. But then I thought who I was to forbid her. Besides, she was chuckling so happily. Somehow, I couldn’t tell her no. I told my self that I supposed to let her happy.

 

“Ah.” Seo Yul seemed to realize something then she took her bag. She took out her phone from the bag and grinned. “Aish, this guy is really impatience.” She looked up at us. “I’ll see you guys again tomorrow, okay. Don’t stay up too late and have plenty of rest today. You have to take care of your voice. Tomorrow you’ll have to record your songs.” She reminded us.

 

“Yes.” Himchan answered her.

 

But she already turned and answered her phone. “Yes, Lee Hoonie. I’ll be right there.” She said in warning tone as she walked away.

 

So it was Dr. Lee Hoon who called her and Seo Yul would go to her school reunion with Dr. Lee. Somehow, the fact made me feeling jealous, angry and sad at the same time. I guessed my mood had dropped to zero point.

 

“Who is Lee Hoon?” Himchan asked.

 

I looked at him. I remembered that Himchan never met Dr. Lee before. “He is Seo Yul nunna’s friend.” I said as I looked around. I didn’t want Himchan to see my feeling. He knew me the best so he would know my feeling.

 

“Are you sure that this Lee Hoon is only a friend for Nunna?” He asked. “They look so close.”

 

I released a sigh softly. “I don’t know,” I said as I raised my gaze. “It’s own their business.” I looked back at Himchan. “I’m buying drinks first.” I waved the empty bottle that I held then walked away.

 

But seriously, the image of Seo Yul and Lee Hoon together was really bothering me. I needed to calm my self.

 

 

- Kim Seo Yul -

 

We arrived on the hotel where the High school reunion was held. It was my first time attending the school reunion after I graduated from the High School. I was too busy with my job before so I didn’t manage to attend the reunions before. It was the third time the reunion being held.

 

My school was private school with kindergarten, elementary, junior high and high school in one place. Most of us were attending the same school from kindergarten to high school. So, most of the school friends were my friends that I knew from elementary school, just like Lee Hoon or Young Ri.

 

And talking about Jung Young Ri, I thought I would need to find her. I turned to face Lee Hoon.

 

“I want to find Young Ri.” I told him.

 

“Okay,” he said.

 

I just nodded then turned and walked away. I was looking for my best friend, Jung Young Ri. She told me that she would be attending the reunion too. I looked around and saw many faces that I remembered. I greeted them and talked with them for a while as I was looking for Young Ri. Then, I heard a familiar voice calling my name.

 

“Seo Yul.”

 

I turned to hear the call and saw a chubby woman waving at me. I smiled to see her and walked to her. I gave her a warm hug as I stopped in the front of her.

 

“I thought you won’t come,” she said.

 

“No way I will miss this reunion again,” I told her then looked at her.

 

The woman who stood before me was Jung Young Ri. She has a rounded face with rounded eyes. Her body was lean and shorter than me. She was using glasses. But Young Ri was the same girl that I always remembered. Actually, I had met her for few times before despite of my busy schedule. We were also talked on the phone. But I was so glad to meet her on this event. At least, I had a friend to talk with. And, by the way, Young Ri was a journalist.

 

"Do you miss me that much?" Young Ri joked.

 

I just chuckled. "Probably I am," I replied her.

 

"Then we should meet often."

 

I smiled. "Yeah, we should."

 

"So…," she said. "What story do you have now?" She guided me to the chair where we could sit and talk. I told her about my jobs, the boys and also Seo Hee’s marriage plan.

 

It was a great thing that I could maintain my friendship with Young Ri for more than 18 years despite the fact that we were so different. Young Ri was a blunt, outgoing, tomboy and daring girl while I was more quiet, timid, polite and feminine. I was more concern about how other said about me while Young Ri was careless.

 

Back when we were still in Junior High, we fought and argued a lot. Probably I could say that we were spending our 3 years on the Junior High just for arguing about silly things that came up between us. But no matter how hard we fought, we always reconciled. 2 weeks without talking to each other was our best record. I always became the first to end our cold wars. And years after we had grown up, it became something that we could laugh about. And we were also realized that our fights back on our youth were something that made our boundaries stronger than before.

 

I also could say that I owed Young Ri a lot and she was someone that kept me strong during my hard time back on my early teenage years. Without Young Ri, I didn’t know how I would become today. Probably, I lived on different way or probably didn’t live at all. So, Young Ri was the one that I treasured and trusted the most beside of my family. And, one funny fact about us was that we never got the same classes except on the 6th grade when we first met.

 

But then, my other close friends came and greeted me. I greeted them and talked with them. Young Ri found her own friends too. So, she separated her self from me.

 

The other close friends that I often met beside Lee Hoon and Young Ri were Hong Sena and Hwang Jieun. Both of them were my friends from High School. Sena was an architect while Jieun had quited from her job and opened up a store. Both of them had married. Sena got married 2 years ago and already had 2 years-old daughter while Jieun got married last year and was 8 months pregnant. I was helping with Jieun's marriage back then. And to see them both, I was happy for them even though I felt envy with them.

 

“Seo Yul."

 

Sena called me so I looked at her. I was playing with her daughter, Minji. Minji was so cute with her rounded eyes. I had 10 younger cousins so I liked kids.

 

"You seriously haven’t married yet?”

 

It was the question that I heard a lot lately so I smiled to hear that. “Yes.”

 

"Why?" Jieun asked me.

 

I shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I haven't found the right guy."

 

“Ah.” Sena looked a little disappointed. She smiled. “Actually when I saw you coming with Lee Hoon, I thought you’re going out with him.”

 

I smiled in amusement. “Anni. Lee Hoon is just a friend. My company is always looking for him whenever our artists are injured.”

 

“But…” She moved closer to me. “Do you know that you’re actually looking good with him? It seems that he’s the one who understand you the most and vice versa.”

 

“Ah, it must be because we have known each other since primary school. I had known him more than I knew Young Ri.”

 

Sena clicked her tongue. “Aish. I think you have to consider marrying him.”

 

I scoffed in amusement because of it. “It’s impossible. I know him so well to the point that I don’t think we can be married.”

 

“But that’s the point. It’s better to marry with someone who knows you so well.”

 

I just smiled. Sena was a woman who spoke her mind so free to her friends, especially when she knew that her friend wouldn’t get angry with her thoughts. I was that kind of girl. I couldn’t get angry whenever someone told me their mind. I just accepted it as a suggestion or critics for me. But somehow, I felt that I was reluctant to consider having a relation with Lee Hoon. But I couldn’t say it in the front of Sena. So I just smiled.

 

"Probably we really need to introduce her to some guys," Jieun said to Sena.

 

"Yeah." Sena replied.

 

I just smiled. I really appreciated their effort. But, I didn't think it would be easy for me to find someone that I could love.

 

After the reunion, I and Lee Hoon went to meet our friend from Elementary School, Wooyoung. It had been a long time since I last saw him. He was transferred to Switzerland on the 2nd year of High School. I had never met him nor heard about him again until today. He lived on the State now and had been married too. He was working as a navigator on a Cruise Ship.

 

When I saw Wooyoung, I noticed that he looked crippled as he walked. I asked why he walked that way.

 

"Ah, I can't stand with the cold weather. It makes my knee and shoulder become in pain again," he said.

 

But it left me with a question what had happened to Wooyoung.

 

But after Wooyoung left and Lee Hoon drove me home, Lee Hoon told me that Wooyoung got a terrible accident back when he was still in Switzerland. The accident killed his girlfriend and made him in comma for 2 months. When he woke up from his comma, he lost his memories. He slowly regained his memories but fell into despair when he remembered that his girlfriend had died and he was the one who caused it. But he managed to get back to his own feet and tried to regain the memories that he still hadn't remembered. Lee Hoon also told me that Wooyoung’s purpose for coming back to Korea now was to bring back his memories about his old friends, including about me.

 

Miraclously, Wooyoung still remembered about Lee Hoon and one of our other friends from our elementary school. I didn't know why but I guessed it was because Lee Hoon was Wooyoung's close friend up until today. I felt a little sad when I knew that Wooyoung had forgotten about me. But somehow, I was more concerned about him and his death girlfriend.

 

"How does it feel to see the person that you love the most died in the front of you and you were having a fight with her before?" I asked suddenly out of my concern.

 

"It would be sad, of course. I would be regretting the fact that I have a fight with her before," Hoon replied me.

 

"Yeah." I nodded.

 

Somehow, I remembered about my father. I could understand Wooyoung's feeling perfectly. I had treated my dad bad prior to his death. So, I had regretted that I didn't treat him better before he died. It was a regret that I kept in my heart until now.

 

But I guessed it was depressing to think about my father or about Wooyoung. I could cry if I continued to think about it. I needed something to divert my mind. Then, my conversation with Sena came to my mind suddenly.

 

“Do you know that Sena told me earlier that we’re supposed to be married?” I said then looked at Lee Hoon who drove the car beside me.

 

He stopped the car in the front of my apartment building.

 

I looked back to the front. “I told her that it will be ridiculous.”

 

I could hear him scoffed. I smiled because of it.

 

“You’ve agreed too, right?”

 

“But then…” He paused. “Should we do it?”

 

My smile disappeared because of his words and I looked at him because of it. I couldn’t believe that he would say such of thing.

 

“Should we get married?”

 

“Mwo?”

 

He smiled slightly and looked to the front as he leaned forward on the steering wheel. “Actually, the others were telling me the same thing because we came together. They were asking me if we are dating or not. And I ever liked you once.” He looked back at me again. “So, shall we get married too?”

 

“Don’t be joking, Hoon-ie. You know that it can make our friendship become awkward, right?”

 

He smiled sweetly. “But I’m not joking around, Seo Yul-ah. I think I become to like you again.”

 

I scoffed because of his words. “I won’t be marrying you if you think that you become to like me.”

 

“But should we try?”

 

I looked at him for a while because of it. I put on my flat face. “I’d refused.”

 

But then, he smiled as if he had predicted my answer. “Somehow I already know that you would say that,” he said as he looked at the front and dropped his gaze. “Even at the elementary school, you only looked at me as a friend. And I guess in the future, we will always stay the same.” He stretched out his hand and patted my head. “Please take care of me, chingu-ah.”

 

And somehow now I thought that Hoon was a strange guy. “Put away your hand from my head,” I said sternly. But he smiled. Probably he knew that I was joking with my stern expression.

 

He lowered his hand. “Now, go and rest. As your personal doctor, I suggest you to have plenty of rest. Your body is exhausted because of the kids’ schedules, right?”

 

“How do you know?”

 

He smiled again. “I’m a doctor after all. So, go rest.”

 

“Arraseo.” I told him.

 

“And if you have a spare time tomorrow, come to my place. I’ll give you a vitamin shoot. At least, it will make you stay fit. The winter will be very cold.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“But you still have to rest, okay,” he said.

 

I just nodded. “Komawo, Hoon-ie,” I said. “Then, I’ll leave for now. Thank you for driving me home. Merry Christmas.” I heard his greet me Merry Christmas too as I went out from the car. I waved at him as he drove away his car.

 

I lowered my hand after his car turned and exhaled. Hoon was really a good friend of mine and I guessed I was lucky enough to have him. Actually, I was feeling lucky for having few friends who nice and understood me the most like Hoon, Young Ri, Sena or Jieun. I also had few friends like them back on my college days but I lost contact with them after I graduated.

 

When I turned my body to go to the apartment building, I heard message notification come to my phone. I took out my phone and saw that I had received a message. I opened it up. It was from Yong Guk.

 

It’s Midnight and it’s Christmas. So, I want to say Merry Christmas to you, my Lovely Nunna. And it’s cold so keep your self warm. The kids have arrived safely at the dorm and currently resting just like your message. So, becareful on your way home. See you tomorrow.’

 

I smiled to read the message. It’s was 12 o’clock already so Yong Guk was the first one to greet me Merry Christmas. Then, the message notification came again. This time, I got 9 messages in row. They were from Himchan, Hyosung, Daehyun, Junhong, Zinger, Sunhwa, Jieun, Youngjae and Jongup in order. All of them gave me the Christmas message. I chuckled in amusement to see all message.

 

But somehow, I was glad because I felt that I had many people who cared about me. I had never become alone like what I had used to think. I had friends and family who loved me for me and concerned about me. I was so grateful to meet them all and I was thankful that I was blessed by them in my life. It felt like all the painful memories of my past had been turned into something that I could be thankful on this present time. It was something simple that I had wished for but so hard to gain for all this time. And to know that I had got it on this special time of year, it made me happy. I felt like I could be stronger than I was.

 

I exhaled and looked up to the sky. Somehow, it was a beautiful night with many blesses that I received.

 

“Gomawo,” I said, thanking God for what I had in my life.

 

I smiled and dropped my gaze then walked toward the apartment building.

 

---

 

This chapter, I dedicated to my elementary friend who had lost his memories and his girlfriend because of the accident on Switzerland. I really hope that he can regain all of his memories back and can forgive himself for killing his girlfriend on the accident. And I guess his journey back to Indonesia in the early of this year is not useless at all.

Please remember that this fic is using Korean Age system which is +1 year from the International Age system.

And it's just a work of fiction. So don't trust the timeline too much.

Follow my twitter AFFalize_sakura for teasers and updates.

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting and loving the fic.