One of Seo Yul's Virtues is Patience

Secret Love - DISCONTINUED

 

 

- Bang Yong Guk -

 

I went to the training center where the Choreographer team usually gathered along with Junhong. We went there because we would have our first practice for Never Give Up dance. Seok Gu hyung was the one who drove us there.

 

When we arrived there, I noticed that Seo Yul's car was parked on the parking lot. I didn't know why she was there. But I guessed that she would supervise our practice for today.

 

But when we arrived on the training room, I heard Latin music was being played inside. I opened the door and saw Seo Yul was dancing with a guy that I didn't know. They were dancing Tango. I felt amused to see her danced Tango. It was my first time seeing her like that. But somehow, deep inside of my heart, I felt a little bit jealous to the guy.

 

"Wogh, Nunna is dancing?" I heard Junhong commented.

 

I looked at him. Junhong seemed surprised and amazed to see Seo Yul danced as he smiled in awe. As far as I could remember, Junhong had never seen Seo Yul danced before. In the matter of fact, I thought none of my members had seen Seo Yul danced before except for me.

 

But… hum… I guessed it made me feeling special somehow.

 

I grinned widely because of that thought then walked toward Jiyoung hyung who stood on the side while watching the dance.

 

He noticed my presence when I almost arrived beside him. "Ah, you've come," he said.

 

“What's this?" I asked him as I pointed at Seo Yul.

 

"Ah." Jiyoung hyung looked understood. "It's choreography for dance competition."

 

When I heard the words ‘dance competition’, I felt surprised. I thought Seo Yul didn’t want to compete. "Seo Yul competes?" I asked out my mind.

 

Jiyoung hyung smiled. "No. She's just helping her aunt." Jiyoung hyung pointed a tall woman with long skirt on the other side.

 

I looked at her and realized her presence there. The woman that Jiyoung hyung said as Seo Yul’s aunt was a woman with glasses and with short hair. Her face looked stern as she watched the couple dancing with frowned face. I could feel a strict vibe from her.

 

"She is Seo Yul’s aunt?" I asked as I looked back at Jiyoung hyung.

 

Jiyoung hyung nodded. "To be precise, she's Kim Tae-sung Heojangnim's wife."

 

"What?" Both of me and Junhong said the same question in surprised.

 

I looked back to the woman. It was my first time to see Heojangnim's wife. She was taller than Seo Yul with fatter body than her even though her aunt seemed to have slender body too. Her face was sweet even though it looked stern with rounded eyes and tanned skin. And probably, her age and Seo Yul's age weren't far apart since she looked young too. But since she was Seo Yul's aunt, I didn't want to guess her real age.

 

"She's a dancer too and Seo Yul learned dances from her. Sometimes they use this training center for practicing," Jiyoung hyung explained.

 

I looked back to Seo Yul. She seemed familiar with the dance steps. It seemed that Seo Yul had learned the dance before. So, Seo Yul was coming from dancer family. Her mother was a dancer and so did her aunt. No wonder if she was good in dance.

 

“But… she dances Tango,” I said.

 

“Ah…” Jiyoung hyung looked understood. Probably he was understood that I had never known what kind of dances that Seo Yul learned before. “Seo Yul’s basic is traditional dance and she learned classic dances like Tango, Waltz, Samba, Salsa and others before.”

 

“But, why does she manage Hip-hop group if she learned classic before?” Junhong asked.

 

Jiyoung hyung smiled with the question. He looked amused with the question. “Actually, Seo Yul never set any boundaries for music and dance. She learns a lot of dance types and she listens to many types of music. She likes classic to hip-hop, ballet to bboying. But I guess its worth for her.” Jiyoung hyung shrugged. “She knows various types of music and dance.”

 

“But what does she likes?” I asked.

 

Jiyoung hyung smirked. “Depends to her mood,” he replied as the tango song ended.

 

I caught an impression that it was the end of our discussion about Seo Yul. Jiyoung hyung was looking back to Seo Yul and I did the same.

 

Seo Yul was turning to her aunt and discussing something with her. I couldn't hear what she said because Jiyoung hyung distracted me by saying that we should prepare ourselves for practicing. So, I came to the couch and put my stuffs there. Then, I saw Seo Yul's aunt came to Jiyoung hyung along with Seo Yul. Jiyoung hyung bowed to her.

 

"Thank you for letting me to use the practice room." I heard the aunt said.

 

"Ah, I'm glad that I can help," Jiyoung hyung replied her.

 

"I'm sorry for disturbing your schedule."

 

"The trainees are just arrived. So, it's fine." Jiyoung hyung pointed at me and Junhong.

 

The woman looked at us. I quickly bowed to greet her. Her face became friendly as she smiled. Her sternness disappeared. She seemed to realize something.

 

“Ah, both of you are coming from my husband’s company?” She asked.

 

“Yes,” I replied. “I’m Bang Yong Guk.”

 

“I’m Choi Junhong.” Junhong introduced him self after me.

 

Then I noticed that Seo Yul slightly smiled to see us introduced ourselves. “They are parts of the new group that planned to be debuted next year, Imo*,” she said to her aunt afterward. “Yong Guk is the leader of the group.”

 

“Ah…” The aunt looked understood. She watched us closely for a while then turned to Seo Yul. “They look young.”

 

“They’re born on 90’s. Yong Guk is born on 1990 and Junhong is on 1996,” Seo Yul explained again. “They are the oldest and the youngest of the group. So, the other members are between their ages.”

 

“Ah…” The aunt nodded. “Around Haemi’s age.”

 

“The 80’s is already too old for now. If we’re targeting young people, 89-er is the max. That's the current trend,” Seo Yul commented.

 

The aunt looked understood then she smiled naughtily at Seo Yul. “But aren’t you feeling old around them?” She teased Seo Yul.

 

“Maa, a little bit sometime,” Seo Yul replied her.

 

The aunt just chuckled to hear her niece’s reply. I smiled to hear that. But I could see that she was close with her aunt. I also remembered that she looked close too with Heojangnim. I still didn’t know much about her family. But seeing her family members so far, I felt that they were close to each other and nice. They were treating their branch family members so close as if they were their own family members and they were also treating other people outside their family so friendly.

 

The aunt turned at us and smiled at. “But it’s nice to see you two. Please help my husband and also Seo Yul at the company.”

 

Somehow I felt that I had the obligation to reply her. So, I bowed then said, “Ah, yes. Actually Heojang-nim and Kim Timjangnim are the ones who take care of us. So, please take care of us also.” I was using formal manner since she was my boss’s wife who was also a lot older than us.

 

She smiled, feeling satisfied with my manner. “Nice kids,” she mumbled then looked at Seo Yul. “Seo Yul-ah, I’ll be going now. Thank you for helping.” She patted Seo Yul’s arm.

 

“Anytime, Imo,” Seo Yul replied her. “And send my regard for Yoon-ah and Yoon-jong.”

 

Her aunt just smiled then went away with the guy who danced with Seo Yul earlier. It seemed that the guy was her assistant or something like that. When she arrived at the door, she turned and waved to Seo Yul cutely before she went out. Seo Yul waved too and just smiled to see her aunt cute attitude. Then I saw Junhong came to Seo Yul’s side.

 

“Imo,” he called Seo Yul and I grinned to hear him calling her like that. Somehow I felt that he would receive a slap from Seo Yul.

 

And my guess was right. Seo Yul slapped his arm right after Junhong called her. She protested the call. Junhong chuckled while holding his arm. I guessed he knew that Seo Yul would protest at him.

 

“Yah, don’t call me like that. I’m not that old,” Seo Yul protested. “You call Jiyoung and your manager as hyung but you call me Imo? If you do that again, I’ll punch you.”

 

Junhong just chuckled. He knew that Seo Yul was joking with her words. She had never hit us or become angry at us for real. “Yes, Nunna,” he said. “But, I don’t know that you can dance.”

 

“You just never saw it before,” Jiyoung replied him then looked at me. “Let’s get ready.”

 

I nodded then went to the center of the room. I saw Seo Yul went to the other side. She came to the couch and changed her high-heels with sneakers. Then, she watched our practice.

 

Jiyoung hyung introduced us to his partner, Park Sang Hyun. He was a choreographer too. Both of them taught us the moves for Never Give Up dance. But then, since the girl that supposed to be the main partner for me and Junhong didn’t come that day, Jiyoung asked Seo Yul to be the substitute.

 

But then, on the choreography, there was a move where the girl dancer sat on my lap as I kneeled one foot. And since it was Seo Yul who would be my partner, I felt embarrassed suddenly.

 

“Wait a minute,” I said as I interrupted after Jiyoung hyung and Seo Yul demonstrated the moves for my part on 2nd verse.

 

Seo Yul, Jiyoung hyung and Park Sang Hyun hyung looked at me.

 

“The girl dancer is supposed to sit on my lap?” I asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“With Seo Yul nunna?” I asked again as I pointed at her.

 

“Ah, Yun will be the girl dancer. But only for this session, we will use Seo Yul since Yun is not here,” Sang Hyun hyung said.

 

I didn’t know why but I felt that my face was getting hot suddenly. I quickly raised my hand and acted to cover my mouth. I was afraid that my cheeks were blushing.

 

“Do you mind with that?”

 

I heard Jiyoung hyung asked. I looked at him and saw him smirking. But the way that he smirked somehow made me thinking that he seemed to suspect something from me. And somehow, in my mind, I was thinking that he suspected me to have a feeling toward Seo Yul. And, I wasn’t ready if someone suddenly asked about my feeling for Seo Yul.

 

I quickly waved my hand. “No, no, no,” I said as I lowered my hand. “I just want to confirm about it.”

 

“Okay,” Sang Hyun hyung said as he clapped his hands. “Let’s continue the dance. Starting from verse 2.”

 

The other dancers and also Junhong came to their own position. I went to my position too. We started to dance. We started to dance step by step as we were practicing. But then, when my part came and she had to sit on my lap, I lost my balance for real. I quickly pulled her up since I didn’t want dragging her to fall with me.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked as she chuckled when she saw me falling.

 

I just smiled as I felt amused with my own behavior. “Sorry, I slipped,” I said.

 

She just chuckled and pulled me up as she held my hand. Seo Yul turned to Jiyoung hyung and Sang Hyun hyung. “Let’s try it again slowly, shall we?” She said to the guys.

 

“Okay.” Sang Hyun hyung agreed.

 

This time, Seo Yul was the one who counted the steps. She did that slowly until I managed to master the moves and eventually forgot that I was dancing with her. And even though she repeated the moves over and over again, I couldn’t lose my temper against her because of her patience.

 

This was what I adored from Seo Yul. She always had patience toward everyone. She might be strict in some ways, scolding us and saying blunt comments. But Seo Yul was never actually angry at someone. I knew that she was angry or upset sometimes but she never showed it in the front of everyone.

 

And… probably it is one of her traits that made me fall for her.

 

---