Chapter 7~Clumsy

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out, Keep You From Playing The Game!"

 

"You're too beautiful to cry," He whispered into my ear, making the butterflies in my stomach go wild. I closed my eyes, my breath catching in my throat. Do I dare look at him? Do I risk everything? My plans, my revenge, my heart...for this one guy?

 

Before I had the chance to open my eyes, I felt something soft and warm collide with my lips. It took me a few seconds before I realized that that warmth was radiating off his lips onto mine. No matter how much I lied to myself, I was enjoying this moment. He pulled away, smiling as if he'd won a million dollars. I turned my head to hide the blush spreading across my cheeks. My heart fluttered, and I peeked over at him. He was staring at me with a hint of...something I couldn't decipher...in his eyes. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, in which our hands fit so perfectly together.

"Hwa Young-ah, please trust me." He spoke with sincerity.

"Promise me one thing.." My guard was up, and even though I was falling, I couldn't let him, or anyone else, break down the chambers to my heart.

His curious eyes gazed at me softly.

"Don't hurt me.." My voice shrunk to a whisper.

"I promise, Hwa Young, I will never hurt you." His words melted the first layer of ice surrounding my frozen heart. I could slowly feel a familiar feeling drilling its way back into my smile. The bed shifted slightly. I looked over to see Taemin's slender figure lying close to me, his gentle eyes staring me down with a sincere smile. I scooted closer to him, and laid my head on his soft, yet muscular chest, "Thank you, oppa."

His arms wrapped tightly around my waist, and pulled me tighter and closer to his warm body. I let my eyes close, relaxing in his sweet embrace.

 

"Please...don't leave...I need you!" I heard my mom scream, after another fight arose. Objects were being thrown around the room, and my parents' angry voices could be heard from a mile away. I peered from under my bangs, which has covered my eyes from the ugly sight. From behind the chair I saw my dad hit her one last time before he walked out the door. My mom fell to the floor, screaming through her tears. With all the courage I could find, I stepped out from behind the shielding door and walked over to my mom slowly. I leaned down and wrapped my arms around her in a comforting manner. "Don't worry, mommy. I promise, I will never hurt you."

In that moment, my heart was attempting to reach out to her. The next moment, before I knew what was going on, my body impacted the floor a few feet away from where I was holding my mom.

"Get away from me...I don't want you here. I never wanted you. I just want your damn father back! The only reason I gave birth to you was because he wanted a child. But he wanted a son, not a daughter. Too bad I didn't get rid of you before I brought you into this world! Devil child." her words opened my eyes to the harsh reality that I was oblivious to before.

I could hear her voice getting closer, and the last words she said to me before the scene faded away were, "Nobody loves you. No one ever will."

 

The scene disappeared all together, and my mind awoke, but my eyes refused to open. After a few seconds, I forced my eyes open, noticing the wetness from the fresh tears on my cheeks. I wiped them away quickly and looked around the room, remembering the earlier events.

“I promise, Hwa Young, I will never hurt you."

His words lingered thickly in the air around me. How can I trust him? I’ve kept my heart locked up for so long now…and my real intentions were revenge. No matter what, I still must take revenge on Jonghyun.

 

It took a few seconds for the realization to hit me that I was alone. Taemin must’ve left the room while I was sleeping, and I was stuck in confusion. The window showed the sun starting to rise, hinting a very early morning. I sat up and walked to the mirror above the dresser to see a cream white face with red, splotchy eyes and a pained expression. I told myself I wouldn’t let my mother’s words get to me anymore…but I guess I’m still hanging onto my past. I walked out of the room and walked down the unfamiliar hallway. I decided it’d be better not to run into Taemin at the moment, in fear of tension and a change of heart. I quickly found the front door and stepped out quietly. I walked back home with Taemin’s words running through my head, and I knew that revenge would be more complicated than I’d originally thought. I silently walked into my house, trying not to wake my mom. Once I reached the kitchen though, a very loud voice made me jump 3 miles in the air.

 

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? You left this house yesterday morning and didn’t return until NOW? WERE YOU WITH THAT GUY? I didn’t raise you to be so disgusting and cheap! How could you just sleep around with any guy who offers you the chance? Aish! You little-”

 

“I wasn’t sleeping around with anyone…” I cut my angry umma off quietly.

 

“How do you expect me to believe that? You’re just a dirty, cheap, worthless ! I am ashamed to call you my daughter! I thought you’d changed, but you’ve always been and always will be just another burden on my shoulders! You’re just like your father. Useless and disappointing.” She shouted back with hatred seeping through her teeth.

 

Her words broke my heart all over again. I’d been trying to stay out of her way, but lately, she’d been finding anything she could to complain about, about me. I never knew she could hate me this much. I ran up to my room in silence, and got my suitcase out of my closet. I packed as many clothes as I could, along with my wallet, scissors, my favorite hat, cell phone charger, toothbrush/toothpaste, other necessities, and my teddy bear that a childhood friend had given me. Once I’d got my stuff packed, I opened my window, which was thankfully at the top of hill, and close enough to the ground for me to jump without getting hurt. I threw my suitcase down first, and then my backpack with my school stuff in it. I made sure I grabbed my charged cell phone and jumped out of my window next. A sudden pain shot through my ankle when I hit the ground wrong. Aish! Me and my gracefulness. I giggled out loud at my ridiculous clumsiness, and stood up. The pain shot even stronger through my body, causing me to bite my lip from gasping. I slung my backpack around my shoulders and grabbed the suitcase handle, and began my walk to God knows where. I decided the only place safe for now was my park, because there’s a forest in the back where I could hide out. I limped most of the way to the park and finally arrived at my destination around 3 in the afternoon, according to my phone. I slumped down on the slide, setting my bags on the ground. A weird grumbling noise sounded from my stomach complaining for food. I took the rice cake I had stashed away in my backpack and stuffed it in my mouth, gulping it down.

 

Ring ding dong ding ding dong ding- My familiar ringtone interrupted my long-needed food break.

 

“Hello?” I answered raspily, considering my throat was completely dried out.

 

“Young-ah!  Where are you? I woke up and you weren’t in the bedroom…” Taeminnie’s voice echoed through the phone.

“Oh, I uh, had some things to take care of. I’m safe at home though, there’s no need to worry. But I have to go. Annyeong!” I quickly said, my voice cracking at the end. I hung up rather quickly, and stood up with my stuff, ready to head into the forest. A random pain shot through my leg again, and I looked down to see a very swollen ankle.

 

“Why must I be so accident-prone? Aish.” I muttered to myself.

 

A somewhat recognizable female voice spoke from behind me, “I think you should sit down, your foot doesn’t look to good.” Her voice was filled with concern.

I turned around to see Taemin’s ex, Cho Hee. I sat back down on the slide and took my shoe off. The girl walked over to me and bent down, looking curiously at it. “It looks sprained to me, if you keep putting pressure on it, it’ll only get worse. She pulled some injury wrap out of her bag and wrapped it around my ankle, like a thin cast.

“I’m really clumsy, so I carry this stuff around with me everywhere. Just in case.” She genuinely smiled at me.

“Thanks…I’m clumsy too. I guess you could say we have that in common.” She laughed at my comment and put her hand out towards mine.

“I’m Cho Hee.”

I shook her hand, “Hwa Young. It’s nice to meet you, Cho Hee-sshi.”

I was shocked at the soft, caring personality she showed. Taemin’s ex-girlfriend seems so nice. I don’t know what happened between them, but I think Cho Hee could be a really good friend to have. I looked back down at my ankle, thinking of the pain in both my throbbing foot and my splintered heart. Taemin’s words ran through my head again, “I promise, Hwa Young, I will never hurt you.”

His breathtaking smile appeared in my head, and the thought suddenly hit me.

 

I know I’m clumsy, I fall all the time. But this time, it seems I’m beginning to be too clumsy. Not only did I fall and hurt my ankle, but I think I’m starting to fall in love. Just like how I was too clumsy before, and fell for Jonghyun.

 

Hey guys, I finally updated! Sorry I took so long. *slaps myself* I know, I've been a bad author, and this chapter isn't the best. But I hope you like it anyways! I'll update as soon as I can, and I'll also update my other story soon! I promise I won't wait this long to update anymore. Anyways, give me your thoughts and opinions. Requests for new characters to come in? Let me know. Hope you liked this chapter! Thank you readers. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.

~SiwonsGirl96