Chapter 4-First Step Of Revenge: Date Jonghyun's Best Friend

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out, Keep You From Playing The Game!"

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

I was just about to push off the sandy, dirt-thick ground with my indian-tough bare-feet, when I heard a faint voice beside me call, "Hwa Young-ah."

I turned my head and quietly stuttered out, "T-t-taemin-oppa?"

What is he doing here? He can't find out about my ermm...talk with Jonghyun. I guess I'll just have to act like nothing happened.

"What are you d-doing here?" I asked him nervously as he glided over to me.

"I saw what happened back there at the school...by the lockers...with Jonghyun. I wanted to make sure you were alright."

...... I thought to myself, afraid of what he might think of me now. I was kind of a to Jonghyun, I shouldn't have disrespected him in such a manner.

"I'm fine. It was just a little misunderstanding. I'm sorry if you think any less of me because of what I said to Jonghyun, I know you guys are close. I shouldn't have said such harsh words." I replied, not daring to look him in the eyes.

"I'm not angry with you, I'm angry at Jonghyun-hyung! He hit you!" He yelled, accidentally raising his voice at me. I started to shake in fear, like the coward I am.

"But I deserved it. I said some very rude things to him. I should've known better." I muttered, not realising the slip-up I'd just made, until after I said it..

His footsteps came closer and closer, pushing me into a flashback I wish I could never remember...

 

'"Hwa Young! Where are you? I know you're here somewhere! Get out here right now and explain yourself." He shouted furiously.

I knew I'd done it this time...I forgot that he didn't like me hanging out with a certain few friends of mine. But I've been so distant from them, I thought they deserved a night out. I thought I deserved a night out. But I guess I also knew I'd have to pay for it sooner or later. I just wish it would've been later. I scrambled into the corner of the closet, curled up in a ball, breathing as silently as I could, trying not to let the cries escape from my lips as salty tears drowned my face in hot fear. Suddenly, I saw a small light grow bigger and bigger in the crack between the thin door and the dark wall, as his hands ed the door open with such force, that it shook the entire closet.

"I told you you could run, but you couldn't hide." He laughed, with an evil grin on his dinosaur-shaped face, that I always thought was adorable, but now I cringed away in terror from. He yanked me by my hair out to the bedroom and threw me on the bed.

He pinned my arms to the sides of me, and asked me in a calm, but scary voice, "Why did I see you with Eunhyuk-hyung and Heechul last night? Are you sure that was a good idea?" He traced my jawline with his rough fingers, and squeezed my face with such pressure, that I could feel the tension rising between my jaws. When I didn't respond, he punched me in the stomach. I let out a quiet yelp, but he still heard it. After he realised what he just did. Sorrow and regret instantly filled his face as he pulled me to him, crying softly.

"I'm so so so so sorry! I didn't mean to...I was just so angry! Please forgive me...please.." His pleading look and tear-stained face made me feel less afraid, as I hugged him back. I know he didn't mean it. But it still happened.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too Jonghyun." I whispered back.

 

"Hwa Young!" Taemin yelled, tearing me away from the haunting memory.

"Huh? What?" I answered, completely lost in confusion.

"What did you mean by what you said just a minute ago...that you should've known better?" The worried expression on his face made me feel guilty for not telling him, but I couldn't tell him.

"Nothing. Please..just let it go." I pleaded with sincere sadness in my voice.

"No. I'll let it go for now. But I will figure you out, Hwa Young-ah. You can bet on it. I just hope you'll open up your heart to me. I hope you'll trust me in the future. You're a mystery to me, it intrigues me. If you can't open up to me in time, then just lean on me as a friend. I will never leave your side."

With every word, he got closer and closer to me, until his hands hovered just above mine on the chains of the swing. His eyes lingered on my face, and he spoke with promise ringing through every word. He leaned his face nearer to mine, until our lips were only a couple inches apart. His minty breath felt hot on my lips, until he pulled back, before our lips could touch. I looked at the ground, blushing crimson-red, hoping he wouldn't see.

Taemin-oppa. I want to open up to you, but I don't know how. I'm still trying to recover from Jonghyun.My thoughts took over, things I wish I could say. But I knew I had to push these newly-born feelings aside, in order to make my plan work. But I still had to play the part.

"Taemin-oppa. I..I like you. A lot." I said, as convincingly as I could. Maybe I do really like him, but it was too soon for me to decipher my true feelings towards him. His face beamed, and he smiled so big, I felt as though he could cure all of the sadness in the world. He sat down on the dirty, black swing beside me and held my hand.

"Good, because I like you too. Hwa Young...will you be my girlfriend?"

Yes! Everything's going according to plan. Hehehe.

I glanced up at him, smirking at my little thoughts.

"Of course, Taemin-Oppa."

He intertwined his fingers with mine, and we swung back and forth on the swings, with that everlasting hope to touch the sky.

 

Hey guys! Two updates in one day! I love writing this story. Give me your thoughts on the story so far. I really appreciate feedback! Subscribe if you like. Otherwise, I hope you beautiful readers enjoyed my story so far! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo. <3

-SiwonsGirl96