Chapter 11~

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out, Keep You From Playing The Game!"

 

Still shaken up from what happened, I stumbled to the kitchen and quickly gulped down a glass of water. Still not feeling so well, I walked to the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water. When I looked up at the mirror, I saw a pale ghostly face, and dark circles surround the frightened eyes looking back at me.

A knock on the door made me jump at the sudden noise, “Young-ah. Are you in there?”

I nodded, but quickly responded, “Yeah,” remembering that the person on the other side of the door couldn’t see me.

I tried to calm myself down by breathing deeply and thinking of alternate possibilities of what I thought almost just happened.

Maybe it was just a dream. Yeah, it had to be a nightmare. Cho Hee-ssi would never do anything like that…she seemed too nice.

Before I could think of other theories as to why Cho Hee was coming at me with a knife, another knock sounded on the door.

“Are you okay?” Jonghyun’s voice sounded concerned.

I couldn’t speak, my voice refused to come out. After a few minutes of silence, I heard him knock, a little more impatiently this time.

“I’m coming in.”

I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t want to see him. I didn’t want to see anyone at the moment. Except for one one person, who wasn’t there.

Taemin.

His name crossed my mind as I hurriedly jumped in the bathtub and shut the curtain halfway. I curled up against the end of the tub, hoping Jonghyun wouldn’t think to look there. A creaking noise signaled the door opening, and a soft “thud” signaled the door closing. I stayed in my corner of the tub, curled up, shaking like crazy. I silenced my breathing as a few tears fell from my eyes. I bit my lip as to not make any noise from the sobs threatening to sound. I buried my head in my arms, waiting for him to go away.

“Hwa Young-ah…where did you go?” He questioned, completely phased at how I disappeared so quickly.

I stayed dead silent until he left the bathroom. He shut the door and walked back down the hall calling my name quietly. I waited a few moments before letting out a deep breath. I pulled my knees up to my chest and thought of an escape plan. The only thing I could think of was to quickly go gather my things from the guest room I was using, and sneak out through the bathroom window. No one would hear then, and the bathroom window was close enough to the ground. With my mind made up, I walked quickly but quietly back to my room and packed all my things in my suitcase and backpack as fast as possible. After I’d gotten everything packed, I tippy-toed my way back to the bathroom, and opened the window. Once the window was open, I threw my bags out. The thumps from the impact with the ground made me cringe. I peeked out the door to make sure no one heard, and sure enough, no one did, thankfully. I was tempted to look down, but I knew if I did, I’d chicken out. I looked at the sky once before shutting my eyes tightly and jumping. Once I’d hit the ground, I felt my bad ankle snap. It made a rather loud ‘crack’ noise. “.” I cursed under my breath as I attempted to stand on one leg. I accidentally stumbled onto my hurt leg and hissed in pain. I got my bags and tried hopping away from the house. I didn’t get very far before the pain became too much to bear. My hand pushed off the ground in attempt to get up again, but before I could get to my feet, a searing pain flashed through my eyes, and I fell into a pool of darkness.

Unknown P.O.V.

“Hey guys, I forgot something back at his house. I’ll catch up with you later.” I waved goodbye and headed back to Jonghyun’s house.

I was walking along the sidewalk that lead to his house when I noticed someone cry out in pain nearby. I looked around, but I didn’t see anyone, until my eyes landed on the ground. When my eyes met the ground a little ways away from the sidewalk, I saw a bag and a suitcase scattered on the ground next to a limp girl. Her face looked familiar, but I couldn’t remember her name.

Hae Ya…Hae Yee…Hae Young…Hwa Young! That’s it.

Hwa Young was passed out on the ground. I scanned her body, and stopped at her ankle. Her ankle was really swollen, and looked broken from where I was. I quickly picked her up and thought about carrying her inside Jonghyun’s house.

But she has her bags packed and she looks like she is trying to get away…Did she jump?

He looked up, and sure enough, the bathroom window was a story above the first floor.

Why is she running away?

The thought made me curious, but I knew better than to bring her back to the house.

Something happened…I thought to myself as I remembered Hwa Young avoiding Taemin and Jonghyun’s stares at the table. I grabbed the girl’s bags and carried her bridal style in the opposite direction.

Hwa Young’s P.O.V.

A white light interrupted my black dream, as I woke up to a throbbing pain running through my leg. I looked at my unfamiliar surroundings.

“Umm…” I muttered out loud, unsure of where I was.

“Oh, you’re awake!” I heard a deep voice from the side of the bed say.

I looked over to see the tall, y friend of Jonghyun’s, what’s his name…

Minhee…Minnie…Mino…Minho…Yeah I think it’s Minho.

“Where am I?” I asked cluelessly.

“My house. I was walking back to Jonghyun’s and I saw you lying unconscious on the ground.” He said in a somewhat confused tone.

“Oh. You’re Minho right?”

He smiled and nodded, “I’m glad you remember. Oh, yeah, I wanted to ask you something.”

“Okay.”

“Why were you running away from Cho Hee’s house? It’s okay if you don’t want to answer, I was just curious.”

I thought for a minute before responding, “Well…it’s a long story. Do you want to listen?”

He smiled reassuringly and nodded, sitting down next to me.

15 minutes later…

“So that’s why I wanted to run away.” I looked to make sure Minho was still listening, and was faced with a shocked, mixed-emotioned Minho.

“You mean to tell me Jonghyun-and you-and Taemin-and then Cho Hee tried to-what the hell?”

I nodded, looking away, blushing.

“Yeah…I’m confused too.” I bit my lip, it’s a bad habit of mine.

“How the-” Minho was cut off by a knock at the door.

“I’ll be right back, you stay here. Don’t get up, that cast around your ankle isn’t very stable. I was waiting for you to wake up before bringing you to the hospital.”

With that, he walked out of the room.

“Hey! Do you want to watch a movie with me? I rented a DVD and brought popcorn and soda!”

T-T-Taemin….? o.o

I sat up quickly, regretting it right away as I felt pains shoot through my ankle. I hissed at the sudden jolt and laid back down. I bit my tongue to keep quiet.

“Well..I’m kind of busy right now Minnie..”

I tried to sit up again, but laid back in pain instantly. I got tangled in the blanket somehow and fell onto the floor. Thank goodness my foot was wrapped up in the cast AND the blanket, that way I didn’t hit it too hard.

“Who’s in the bedroom?” Taemin’s voice asked curiously.

“N-no one!” Minho quickly replied and tried to keep Taemin from going in the room.

I bit my lip as hard as I could to keep from making noise, silent tears falling down my cheeks from the pain.

“Hwa Young! What happened?” I looked up to see Taemin’s worried face coming closer to me.

He bent down and carefully untangled me, just as another knock sounded at the door.

Minho grumbled, “Who could that be now?”

I watched his retreating figure leave the room and put my attention back on Taemin.

“What happened?” He asked again, a little angrier this time.

“I was running away from Cho Hee-ssi’s house and I jumped out the bathroom window and landed on my bad ankle wrong…” I said trying not to sound too shooken up.

“You forgot this at my house.”

Jonghyun? .

“Oh, thanks hyung.” Minho replied kindly.

“You haven’t seen Hwa Young-ssi by chance, have you?”

“No, can’t say I have.”

Jonghyun’s footsteps shuffled back towards the door, and paused before leaving.

“Wait, is Taemin here?”

Minho sighed and nodded, “Yeah.”

“Well where are you hiding him? I need to talk with him about something.” He walked to the kitchen but didn’t see Taemin.

“Is he in the bedroom?”

I heard him say as his footsteps came closer to the bedroom. When he walked in, my whole body froze.

He looked at me, quite shocked, or so it seemed.

“Hwa Young-ah? What happened to your ankle?”

He noticed my bandaged ankle and came over to me in an instant.

Taemin pushed him away, “I’m going to take her to the E.R.”

Jonghyun glared fiercely at him and picked me up bridal style, running out of the room before Taemin or Minho could say anything.

He put me in the passenger seat of his car, ignoring my protests.

He buckled me in, went to the driver’s seat, and started the car.

Stupid ankle…now I’m trapped in a car with him.

I frowned as he drove towards the hospital. When we were a block away, he took a sharp right turn.

“Jonghyun, the hospital’s that way. Where are you taking me?”

He pulled over a ways up the road and looked at me seriously.

“Hwa Young-ah…why did you run away?”

I sighed deeply before bursting, “You’re insane cousin tried to kill me, and you’re trying to take away my last chance at happiness.”

I didn’t dare look up at him, being too afraid to see his expression.

“I know…but I stopped her. And I want you to be happy…I want you to be happy with me. I will protect you from everything, and I won’t let anyone hurt you. Ever.”

This should be Taemin saying this to me. I thought to myself, slightly phased by Jonghyun’s sincere words.

I didn’t know what to say, and I held my breath, trying to think of something to shoot back at him. But before I could find the words to respond, his hand gently grabbed my chin and turned my face towards his.

“Hwa Young-ah…I love you.”

I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t breathe. But his words didn’t mean anything to me, all I could think was that it should be Taemin saying these words, not Jonghyun.

I was about to pull away when he tilted my chin up, and his lips crashed onto mine.

 

SO GUYS! I FINALLY GOT MY LOST CHAPTER BACK! I'm so happy, because now I can continue writing the story! -bounces in excitement- Anyways, please continue reading this story. Feedback would be awesome too. ^.^