Chapter 6: Past Love Interferes With New Love

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out, Keep You From Playing The Game!"

Taemin's P.O.V.

 

"I have to go.." she muttered as she got off the swing quickly and sprinted away.

That's when I saw a mysterious person step out of the shadows of the playground and walk towards me. When I saw their face, my eyebrows narrowed, and my hands clenched into fists of caution.

"What are you doing here?"

 

....

 

"I've missed you, oppa." Her mysterious, entrancing eyes consumed me.

"I'm sorry, Cho Hee, but I think you should leave." I gave her a skeptical look in response.

She glided towards me, with her 'innocent' pout, and her long, luscious black hair.

The wind picked up, as soon as she touched my face.

"Where are you going?" Tears were forming in my eyelids, as I watched her look back at me from the front door, with her bags packed.

"I can't stand to be in this relationship anymore! You're too clingy, and someone else has already shown me that I can do better, you just don't match up to my standards." Her face was serious, and there was no trace of dishonesty. With that, she walked out of the house, and out of my life.

I fell to me knees, tears falling endlessly, only able to whisper,

"Cho-Hee."

 

Cold lips landed on mine, breaking me from my memory, just as loud thunder roared through the sky. My eyes shot open in surprise. Pushing her away, I saw a retreating small figure running back from the way they came. Those purple and black high tops looked familiar..

 

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

"I have to go.." I told him quietly, and left quickly. Running away never felt so wrong...a voice inside me was telling me to go back. Unable to disobey, I started walking back to the beautiful, blue swings. Stopping in my tracks, confusion struck me, along with a pang of hurt.

 

"What are you doing here?" I heard Taemin say with hurt in his quiet yet demanding voice.

 

The unfamiliar girl waited a while before speaking....

 

"I've missed you, oppa."

He gave her a sketchy look, "I'm sorry, Cho Hee, but I think you should leave."

She slowly walked towards him, with a fake pout visible.

The wind picked up, as soon as her hand caressed his face.

She leaned in towards his innocent face, and their lips crashed together, as thunder crashed through the sky, making me jump. I turned around and ran away, away to my only escape. My lovely, abandoned, forgotten park, where me and Taemin started our friendship. Rain started pouring down on me, mixing with the salty tears falling from my face as I ran. When I reached the deserted park, I laid down in the sand. Shivers overcame me, and I couldn't tell what they were from. Pain or cold, or a little of both? I closed my eyes with the screaming thought of that horrid girl kissing that adorable boy. The boy I'm starting to fall for..My mind was clutterred with thoughts of Taemin, and sleep swept over my weeping eyes, rain soothingly pounding in my ears.

 

Taemin's P.O.V.

 

After I left Cho-Hee at the park, memories started to flood through me. Memories of her...memories of me...memories of us.

 

The sky was starting to set, with a faint orange glow appearing as the sun sunk behind the water.

Cho-Hee looked up at me and smiled, "Oppa.."

"Yes?" her smile was like a yawn, causing me to smile too.

"You make me so happy." A blush filled her cheeks, and I giggled.

"I love you, Cho-Hee." I tilted her chin upwards, and crashed my lips onto hers.

She's my first kiss. She's my first love. She's my everything. I could stay like that forever, with her in my arms, watching the beautiful sunset.

 

A strong wind bellowed through the air, pulling me out of my trance. Tears started forming at the corners of my eyes. To distract myself from the spontaneous flashbacks, I decided to check on Hwa Young. I tried calling her, but she wouldn't pick up. Plan B, I walked to her address and knocked on the front door to her small, black house. Her mother, or so I guessed, answered the door.

"Yes?" She asked quite impatiently.

"Is Hwa Young home?" I smiled, trying to hide the worry in my voice.

"I'm afraid not. Come to think of it, I don't know where that brat went."

I could tell by the way she said that, that she really doesn't like Hwa Young.

I smiled again and forced out, "Okay, thank you." and walked down her front porch steps, just as the rain flooded the street. If she's still outside, she could get really sick!

My eyes grew big, and I started sprinting, thinking of the worst things that could've happened to her.

 

2 hours later..

 

Where could this girl have gone? I've searched everywhere in town, and still haven't found her! Where else could she be in this town? Maybe she's not in town...but rather outside of town. I racked my brain, trying to think of why she would be out of town, or where out of town she would go by foot. What about that dump of a park? My orange, fluffy hair was drenched to my face by now, my body was freezing, and my legs burned, but they still carried me to where I thought Hwa Young-ah may be...

When I arrived at the park, soaked to the bone, I saw a limp body passed out in the dirt near the swaying swings. I quickly ran over to the small body to see Hwa Young passed out. Worriedly and desperately, I picked her up and carried her bridal style back to my house.

 

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

The weirdest scene was unfolding before me. A big, fluffy, purple teddy bear was chasing me around a slide. I fell to the ground, but landed on something soft. I looked at where I'd fallen to see a beautiful red sheet. An arm was wrapped protectively around my torso, and when I looked up, I saw that the teddy bear was actually Taemin.

"Oppa....she called you oppa.." I tried to say, but my voice wasn't audible.

My mind raced at the thoughts of them kissing replayed in my head. I looked down at the blood-red sheet, only to feel Taemin pull me closer towards him. My body started shivering, my breath became rigid, and my heart beat quickened. His lips started moving. But I couldn't quite hear him. As he repeated it a few more times, I finally heard him say my name. I closed my eyes in the dream, and woke up in an unfamiliar place. I looked down to see blood-red sheets, and felt eyes on me. I turned my body, finding a completely soaked, sweaty Taemin with a worried expression on his face.

 

Taemin's P.O.V.

 

"Hwa Young!" My desperate cries grew louder and louder with each time I called out her name. Finally, her motionless, shaking body turned towards me. Her eyes grew curious, and her lips parted in surprise, but she didn't say a word.

"Hwa Young." I mumbled quietly, unsure of what to say. The rain had left her face wet, but her eyes were puffy and red. Was she crying? I asked myself. I studied her face closely, taking in every detail. Her lips were fading from the blue-ish color they'd turned back into her original pale pink lips. The color was beginning to return to her pale, fragile  face. And her strained, puffy eyes were looking anywhere but at me. Just as I was about to say something, she quietly spoke up.

"She said she's missed you...she called you Oppa...she kissed you.." Hwa's voice sounded broken, and cracked after every few words that she'd worked up the nerve to say. My breath caught in my throat, and I swear my heart stopped beating. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I glanced down at her feet, recognizing the purple high-tops that I saw running from the park right after...Cho-Hee kissed me.

I mustered up enough courage to say, "She's my ex-girlfriend. I'm over her though. I don't know why she showed up an-and...kissed me. But I only have eyes for one person right now, and it's not her."

Am I really over Cho-Hee? Can I move on? Or do I still love that person from my past?

I focused my thoughts back on Hwa Young, and I noticed a tear fall down the bridge of her nose. I tilted her face to look at me, and her cheek softly. I wiped the tear away, leaning down to her, and whispered, "You're too beautiful to cry."

 

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

"You're too beautiful to cry," He whispered into my ear, making the butterflies in my stomach go wild. I closed my eyes, my breath catching in my throat. Do I dare look at him? Do I risk everything? My plans, my revenge, my heart...for this one guy?