Chapter 3-Fighting For The Girl

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out, Keep You From Playing The Game!"

Taemin's P.O.V.

 

After walking Hwa to her first class, I went back to my locker, where I saw Jonghyun waiting for me. I glanced at him curiously to see him giving me a stern look. When I got to my locker, Jonghyun turned me towards him and glared down at me, with envy in his eyes.

"Why were you with Hwa Young-ah?" he angrily questioned me.

"I could tell that she needed someone to be there for her, since YOU left her in such a vulnerable state!" I replied, just as furiously.

"Yah! Now listen here, Dongsaeng, you leave Hwa Young alone! I don't want you talking to her anymore!" he shouted.

"And who are you to tell me what to do? Just because you're my best friend doesn't mean you can order me around! Also, you dumped her! It's your loss. Now leave me alone if you're going to act like such a jerk. Aish." I shot right back at him.

"If you don't leave her alone, you'll pay. She's mine, and no one else's." He said with a venomous tone, glaring daggers at me.

"So you still want to use her, although you're dating Jessica? You really are a bastard." I  muttered through gritted teeth.

I swear Jonghyun was about to beat me to a pulp, but instead he punched the locker behind me, and turned around to leave.

But first, he stopped, and mumbled without looking at me, "Watch your back."

I watched his retreating figure, trying to comprehend what just took place.

 

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

"Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah..." was all I heard when the teacher dragged on and on about useless knowledge that I would probably never use after high school.

This class is so boring, why do I go to school anyways?I thought to myself. I need to get out of here before I die of boredom. I raised my hand and asked the teacher if I could go to the nurse. When she said I that I could, I walked out of the room with my books. I glanced up at someone who was walking in my direction. Jonghyun. He looks so pissed off. His aggravated face softened a little when he looked at me. I bit my lip, looking away and walking faster past him. When I thought I'd passed by him, two strong hands roughly gripped my shoulders, making me come to a halt. I was too afraid to see his piercing eyes, knowing exactly who it was.

"Hwa Young-ah." He whispered faintly.

I closed my eyes, missing him so much. I can't give in to these feelings. He broke up with you for someone else. Remember that Hwa Young. His hand jerked my face up, so that my eyes would meet his. I flinched at the sudden, unexpected action. His face hardened as he saw the fear in my eyes.

"Hwa Young. Stop hanging around with Taemin."

His words confused me...

"Speak. Say something." He spoke in a severe voice.

"What do you want me to say? I'm not going to listen to you. For one, you have no right to tell me what to do. And second of all, you left me for another girl. You shouldn't even be talking to me right now. Or touching me. You shouldn't be this close to me. I don't want to see your face anymore." I finally answered him, in a cold voice.

"Aish, you !" Before i knew what was happening, a sharp force met my cheek. I could already feel the painful blow forming a large bruise on my face.

I pushed him away from me, and ran out of the school, spilling my books on the floor. When I got outside, I ran to the one place I felt most at home. The park just a few miles from town. I ran until I couldn't breathe anymore, stopping for a short break. I continued to run until I reached that old, yellow swing where I spent most of my childhood. The one thing that I love about swinging, is that no matter how high I swing, I always feel like I can go higher, until my feet reach the open, blue sky.

 

Taemin's P.O.V.

As I finished putting my stuff in my locker, I decided to skip the rest of 1st period, since I was already how late. I grabbed my iPod, put the earbuds in, and turned my playlist onto shuffle. Before too long, I heard a commotion down the hallway and around the corner leading to the entrance doors to the school. As I walked closer and closer to the argument, this is what I heard:

"Hwa Young. Stop hanging around with Taemin." A strong male voice commanded.

There was no response, and a few seconds later, I heard the male voice, which seemed very familiar.

"Speak. Say something." The male voice, I soon recognized as Jonghyun's, spoke in a severe way.

"What do you want me to say? I'm not going to listen to you. For one, you have no right to tell me what to do. And second of all, you left me for another girl. You shouldn't even be talking to me right now. Or touching me. You shouldn't be this close to me. I don't want to see your face anymore." I heard a female voice finally speak in a cold tone.

"Aish, you !" I heard Jonghyun reply, before hitting the girl he was shouting at.

I walked around the corner to see Hwa Young push Jonghyun away from her, and run out of the school faster then I've ever seen a girl run. I ran after her, giving Jonghyun a dirty look before exiting the school doors. I followed closely behind her, as she sprinted farther and farther from town. She finally reached her desired destination and sat down one of the worn-out, faded yellow swings. She kicked off her shoes and pulled her socks off, set them to the side, and looked at the sky with wonder. At that moment, I worked up the courage to walk out from behind the tree I was using as cover, and called with a soft voice, "Hwa Young-ah."

 

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

I was just about to push off the sandy, dirt-thick ground with my indian-tough bare-feet, when I heard a faint voice beside me call, "Hwa Young-ah."

I turned my head and quietly stuttered out, "T-t-taemin-oppa?"

 

Hi! So I tried to figure out a good way to end this chapter...but it was kind of hard considering how I want to start the next chapter. Anyways, I hope you like it, and tell me what you think! Subscribe if you want to. Thanks for reading! Xoxoxoxoxoxo. <3

-SiwonsGirl96