Chapter 12~

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out, Keep You From Playing The Game!"

 

“Hwa Young-ah…I love you.”

I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t breathe. But his words didn’t mean anything to me, all I could think was that it should be Taemin saying these words, not Jonghyun.

I was about to pull away when he tilted my chin up, and his lips crashed onto mine.

What. The. Actual. . My body froze, and my mind went blank. Having no idea of what the hell to do, I sat still and let my hand wander to the door, opening it as quietly as possible.

Once I got the door open, I had no problem pushing the idiot off of me and jumping out of the car. But, jumping out of the car, meant I had to land on the ground.

Ouch, ! My throbbing ankle hit the soft grass, but the impact made pain shoot through the already-broken injury. I hissed in pain and cursed under my breath at my own stupidity.

"Pabo, pabo, pabo." Hoping to stand, I put both my hands on the ground and pushed on my healthy foot, taking the weight off of my injury.

A hand wrapped around my waist, helping me stand.

"Mianhaeyo.."

I looked up to see an apologetic Jonghyun looking at me.

"Don't apologize. It makes it harder for me to hate you."

I'd been so focused on getting revenge on Jonghyun that I'd forgotten why I liked him in the first place. Although he can be a real at times, he's a sweet, caring gentleman the rest of the time. His sincere words and charming smile had been what made me fall in love with him. I thought he was all smooth talk and playing games, but now I couldn't stop thinking that maybe, just maybe, he actually loved me back.

"Why do you want to hate me so bad?" Jonghyun's harsh glare pierced my vision.

"I...I just do. After what you'd done, I only wanted revenge. I still want revenge...but you're messing with my head. Please, I'm asking you sincerely. Please stop giving me mixed signals. One minute you're after this Jessica chick, the next you're kissing me without my permission. What is that? I don't even have words to explain how confusing you are. Just please...don't run after me anymore. I'm done trying to get revenge on you and I'm done trying to hate you."

I averted my gaze, too afraid to see his expression at my sudden outburst.

"Does that mean you'll at least...look at me as a man again?"

"Ani. What I'm saying is that...that I won't go after you anymore. I won't think of you anymore, so don't think of me. I'm going to forget you and everything that happened between us. I don't care about you anymore. Mianhae."

I tilted my head downwards in a little bow before limping away. The pain shooting through my ankle wasn't anything compared to the pain ripping my heart apart. Although I said I hated the damn boy, and wanted nothing more than to see him suffer, he was my first love, and still held a special place in my heart.

This is me, trying to get rid of it and forget every memory I have of him. The pain's overwhelming, but I have to bear with it.

It seemed like I'd been walking forever until I saw the entrance to the nearest hospital not too far off into the distance. Finishing the painful walk to the front doors, I entered and stopped the closest nurse.

"Shillehandeyo, can you help me? I seem to have hurt my ankle somehow.."

The nurse turned to me and looked down at my foot when she heard my statement.

"Omo, how did this happen? Well stay here, I'll be back in a minute."

Not even a minute later, literally, the nurse came back with a stretcher and ushered me onto it. Within a few minutes, we entered a blank, white-walled room where a doctor conversated with the nurse over my injury.

"It seems to have gotten pretty bad. You might need surgery..."

The doctor told me the nerve-racking news after they'd done a full body cat-scan.

"N-neh..I'll need to think about it."

What if something goes wrong during the surgery? W-what if it gets worse?

Scary thoughts filled my head as I looked up at the bright ceiling, not really paying attention to my surroundings. That was, until Taemin and Minho burst through the door.

"Hwa Young! Are you okay?"

"N-neh." I responded as clearly and calmly as I could.

"You seem a bit shaken up.."

Taemin walked over to the hospital bed and knelt down by me, putting his hand over mine comfortingly.

"Gomawo, Taemin Oppa." I smiled sincerely, feeling a little less nervous now that he was here.

The doctor came back and injected a shot in my arm, making me feel woozy at the sight of my blood.

Once the doctor left, my eyes began to droop and I started to fall into half-asleep mode.

"Goodnight, Hwa Young-ah." A felt a pair of soft lips brush against my forehead before I fell asleep completely.

 

Taemin's P.O.V.

"Goodnight, Hwa Young-ah." I kissed the sleeping girl's forehead softly.

Knowing that Jonghyun had obviously hurt her more than words could express, I squeezed her hand tightly and stayed by her side. I didn't care how long I would have to stay at the hospital, as long as I was with Hwa Young, everything would be okay.

"Is she in here? Is she asleep?"

Jonghyun appeared next to me, looking over Hwa Young worriedly.

"Don't worry about her. She's not your girl anymore, you don't have any right to think about her anymore. Especially in /that/ way."

I emphasized my point before pointing to the door, frowning.

"I'm sure she doesn't want to see you when she wakes up, so please leave."

I looked up to meet Jonghyun's well-known death glare.

"I'll leave, for Hwa Young's sake. But understand this, I /won't/ give her up. Ever. She's still my girl, and will always be my girl. No one else's."

With one last mean look, Jonghyun swept his way out of the room, leaving me to worry about Hwa Young's safety; not only because of her foot injury, but now because of Jonghyun's possessive behavior too.