Chapter 5-Falling Ever So Slowly

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out, Keep You From Playing The Game!"

 

The next morning...

 

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

I didn't get any sleep last night. This feeling keeps rising in my stomach, it feels like a bottomless pit that I'm falling in and I can't get out of. Guilt? No. I can't feel guilty, I'm not doing anything wrong. Besides using Taemin. I am about to murder my conscience, because it won't stop pushing these silly thoughts into my head. Yesterday, Taemin walked me home, still holding my hand with that oh-so-adorable smile on his face. I hate to admit it...but I feel comfortable when I'm around him, I feel nervous and excited at the same time. His smile always brightens my day, and my stomach does 360s whenever he stands near me. I know what these feelings are leading to...and I can't let it get that far. I know I'm not exactly dating Taemin because I like him, and more-so to get back at Jonghyun, but I'm not using him.

 

-BEEP BEEP BEEP..BEEP BEEP BEEP...BEEP BEEP BEEP....BEE-

 

My annoying alarm went off, announcing the dawn of a new day. I dragged myself out of bed, falling on the floor in the process. Way to go, miss graceful. I sat up, looking at the newly forming bruise on my leg. Wait a minute...The fresh injury reminded me of the bruise I probably now have on my face. I stood up, went over to my full-body length mirror, and glanced at my cheek. It was a light blueish-purple, but still obviously visible. I sighed, walking to my closet to pick out my clothes for the day. Today, I felt like I needed to look somewhat decent. I grabbed a pair of tight black, ripped skinny jeans, a Michael Jackson Thriller t-shirt, and my purple and black high tops, and walked to the bathroom. I opened my make-up bag and got out the cover-up, mascara, eyeliner, and bronze-shimmery eyeshadow. I applied my make-up, using extra concealer to cover the bruise. I brushed my brown, wavy hair, deciding to leave it down for now. When I looked in the mirror and was satisfied with my appearance, I walked downstairs and grabbed an apple, along with my pikachu backpack. I looked at the clock, before rushing out the door in order to be to school on time today.

 

At school..

 

I ran into class, just before the bell rang, signalling the beginning of third period. First period went by fairly slow, and second period I had study hall. I fell asleep, and woke up two minutes before my next class would begin. Relieved that I made it on time, I walked over to my familiar seat in the back row, next to Jonghyun and Eunhyuk. After I sat down and set my books on my desk, I took a notebook and pencil out. I opened the notebook up to a song I had been writing. I had the first verse and the chorus done, and now I had an idea for the rest of the song. I started adding words to the meaningful lyrics until before I even noticed, I'd finished it.

 

I cant breathe

 

Ive lost my direction

My memorys breaking into pieces

But youre so calm because it has nothing to do with you

Do you even want to take away the last bit?

Sorry, really sorry

 

 

Even when I say this I feel apologetic

 

In a short while, we might lose everything

Love really hurts, it hurts too much

 

 

I keep smiling yet crying endlessly

 

Love is really funny, really frightening

Please, stop it now, if only I was able to wake up from my dream

Dont forget, please dont forget

 

 

Even if its all lies, its okay

 

In a short while, we might lose everything

Love really hurts, it hurts too much

 

 

I keep smiling yet crying endlessly

 

Love is really funny, really frightening

Please, stop it now, if only I was able to wake up from my dream

When Im longing for, and calling out your name

 

Once anxiously and timidly loving you

Want to believe

 

Stop breathing

Resist the tears

I keep smiling yet crying endlessly

 

 

Love is really funny, really frightening

 

Please, stop it now, if only I was able to wake up from my dream

 

I looked at the scribbled words and realised what the song's about. I'd written it based on broken love, leading into new love, that I'm afraid of letting in. The creepy sensation of someone watching me brought me back to reality. I looked over at Eunhyuk, who was staring at his desk blankly, with no interest in whatever the teacher was talking about. Then I looked to my right, only to see Jonghyun staring me down with possessive eyes. I quickly broke his gaze and focused back on my song lyrics, looking them over.

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGG*

The bell rung, breaking my concentration and causing me to drop my pencil on the floor. I reached over my chair to pick it up. When I started gathering my books together, I noticed my purple, lyric-filled notebook was gone. I searched through my books and around my desk, but I couldn't find it anywhere! I stood up, frustrated at the impossible disappearance. Just as I was about to walk away from my desk, my all-too-familiar missing notebook plopped on the desktop in front of me. I peered up at the thief, and saw him.

"Did you really write that, Hwa Young?"

His tone sounded somewhat sorrow-filled, although he tried to cover it up with a sarcastic tone coating his voice. I didn't respond as I snatched my notebook off the desk, flushing from embarrassment. I can't believe he read my song! That's personal..

I stormed out of the classroom and walked to my locker, fuming with rage.

 

Lunchtime...

 

Walking into lunch, I realised I didn't have anyone to sit with. I always sat with Jonghyun, and Taemin isn't in my lunch period. Jonghyun was my only friend, every girl fawned over him and his friends, but I only ever paid attention to him. No one really had a problem with me, I just never socialise with anyone anymore. I walked through the slow-moving lunch line, grabbing mixed rice on a small plate, a little bowl full of mixed fruit, and a bottle of water. I walked to an empty lunch table, and sat at the very end, near the large, beautiful windows with a perfect view of the cloudy, grey sky. It's been really gloomy lately, that's probably what's affecting my mood. I started eating my yummy rice, but got distracted by the large, white, fluffy clouds. I put my finger up and traced their outline in the thin air, making shapes out of them. I found a smaller cloud that looked like a little turtle trying to roll over as it moved ever so slowly. Laughter engulfed me at the funny sight.

 

Jonghyun's P.O.V.

 

Mmm, sushi. I thought, smiling big, as I snatched as much sushi that would fit on my plate, and even then some. I walked to my usual table where my group and I always sat. Now that Hwa Young's gone, there's an empty seat, but my friends didn't seem to care. Nor do I. Speaking of that girl, I wonder who she'll sit with now, she never seemed very popular or...talkative with other people. I glanced around the lunchroom and noticed her laughing at something outside in the sky. She had her finger in the air, tracing the clouds  the way she always does when there's clouds outside. Fascinated by her silly gestures, a small smile found its way to my face.

 

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

The turtle-cloud moved away from my line of vision, leaving me to eat lunch alone, once again. I stuffed a mouthful of fruit in my mouth, my taste-buds tingling at the sweet taste.  The feeling of being watched suddenly washed over me. I hate this feeling. I'd rather be completely unseen than have someone stare at me. I ate the rest of my fruit quickly and threw the rice away, exiting the lunch room. Feelings of being watched, turned into feelings of being followed. I walked faster, and sighed in relief as I walked into the bathroom.

 

Afterschool...

 

Taemin's P.O.V.

 

"Hwa Young!" I grinned when I saw her petite figure walking towards me. She had a dark look on her face. As soon as she saw me, she brightened her expression, but I still noticed. She walked up to me and hugged me, putting her arms around my waist. I wrapped her in my arms and held her tightly, kissing her hair.

"Let's go to the park downtown. The better one," she suggested blankly.

"Okay!" I agreed happily, as I let her go, but held onto her hand.

 

At the park...

 

Hwa Young's P.O.V.

 

I rocked the swing back and forth with my legs dangling, wondering why it made me so happy to see Taemin.

You're starting to like him...hehe.

Arghh, I do not! Why must my mind lie to me? It makes me so mad! I kicked the dirt in frustration. An arm slipped around my shoulders and I looked up.

"What's wrong?" He said looking concerned.

"Nothing.." I tried to say convincingly.

I felt him move closer to me, and my heart started beating so fast and loud, that I thought he would hear it.

 

Taemin's P.O.V.

 

"I have to go.." she muttered as she got off the swing quickly and sprinted away.

That's when I saw a mysterious person step out of the shadows of the playground and walk towards me. When I saw their face, my eyebrows narrowed, and my hands clenched into fists of caution.

"What are you doing here?"

 

Hey readers! Sorry it took so long to update...I''ve been busy. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter! I'm halfway done with Chapter 6 right now, so I might post another chapter tomorrow night. By the way, the lyrics in this chapter actually belong to Yesung. The song is called Love Really Hurts, it's such a good song! Subscribe, comment, spread the love! Thanks for reading. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo. <3

-SiwonsGirl96