Chapter 8~New House, Familiar Faces

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out, Keep You From Playing The Game!"

 

Cho Hee glanced over my filled suitcase and backpack, “Where are you going?”

 

Startled by the question, I answered, “Oh, uhm, I left my mom’s house. I’m g-going to a…..f-f-friend’s house.”

 

I didn’t look at her when I replied, and I think she could see right through my little white lie.

“Are you sure? Why’d you come here then? I can’t let you wander around with a sprained  ankle. Why don’t you come and stay with me? At least until it’s better.” She offered with a bright smile.

 

I smiled back at her, unsure. “Okay. I guess that’s for the best.” I stood up, and she put my arm around her shoulder, grabbed my suitcase, and helped me to her car, which was hidden behind a patch of trees and bushes.

 

Her car was really nice, so I assumed she must be rich. She the radio and sped down the road. Before I knew it, we arrived in front of a HUGE mansion.

 

“I-is this your h-house?” I asked, stunned at the beastly size of the building.

 

“Yupp. I just returned a couple days ago from China though, so it might still be kind of messy. I’m not sure how well my cousin takes care of this place. He has another place of his own, but he comes home often.”

 

Hmm…she has a cousin who lives around here. Do I know him? Eh, probably not. I don’t hang around with wealthy people often, they normally ignore me because of how plain I am, I thought to myself.

 

Cho Hee helped me upstairs and showed me my bedroom. There were at least 8 bedrooms on the second floor, and there was still a third floor too.

 

“I’ll bring your bags up in a few minutes with some food.” She left the room happily, with energy bouncing in her every step.

 

She seems like the person to have all kinds of friends, but she seems so lonely here. I would have guessed she’d be stuck up because of how rich she is, but she’s actually really nice.

 

A few minutes later, Cho Hee came bounding into my room with a tray of kimchi, mixed rice, and bubble tea. My stomach growled in excitement at the delicious-looking food set before me. I shoveled some kimchi into my mouth as soon as she handed the tray from me. The spiciness filled my tastebuds, and my mouth felt a burning sensation. I scarfed down some bubble tea, and hiccupped from the bubbles.

 

I heard Cho Hee giggle, and then say “Hwa Young, my cousin is coming back for dinner with a few of his friends. If you need to shower up or anything, you can use the bathroom down the hall, it’s just to your right. Oh-” She put something beside me, “here’s some crutches. I hope they work well for you.”

 

I thanked her with a smile, and grabbed the crutches and walked down the long hallway, and accidentally walked into the room on the left. I looked around, realizing it was another bedroom. I noticed a little teddy bear holding a heart laying on the bed. It looked oddly familiar to the one I’d given Jonghyun on Valentine’s Day. I walked out of the room, shut the door behind me, and walked to the door on the right of the hallway. It opened to reveal a giant bathroom with a full bath/shower, Jacuzzi, toilet, and sink. I decided just to take a quick shower, and come back after dinner for the Jacuzzi. I wrapped a towel around me once  I was done showering, and peered around the bathroom. Did I forget my clothes? Aish, I’m too forgetful sometimes. I opened the door slowly and peeked out the door to make sure no one was in the hall. The coast was clear, so I walked out of the bathroom. Just as I was a few steps away, the door that I’d accidentally walked into earlier opened.

 

“Who are you?” the person asked.

 

My heart stopped beating completely, and the blood started draining from my face. I swiftly walked to my room, as fast as I could with the crutches, before he could get the chance to see me. Once I sat on the bed, my heart started beating again. I caught my breath, and sighed in relief. At least he didn’t see my face. I took all the clothes out of my suitcase and looked through them. Hmmm, maybe it’s just a casual dinner. After searching through jeans and shirts, I finally decided on a pair of tight, ripped, black skinny jeans and a purple diffused-colored off the shoulder shirt. The shirt was kind of short, so I’d have to be careful not to raise my arms or anything, unless I want my tummy to show. I left my hair down and just shook it out, since it was still wet. It looked messy, but whatever. I finished my appearance with make-up. I applied purple eyeliner, bronze eye-shadow, cover-up, and mascara. Once I was done, I smiled, looking somewhat pretty again. A knock on my door signaled dinnertime. I cautiously walked to the stairs, and looked down the flight of steps nervously. I began to walk down the stairs slowly, but once I reached the last step, I tripped on the crutches. I closed my eyes, expecting to meet the cold, hard floor. No pain hit my body, but instead I felt someone’s arms catch me.

 

A few seconds later I quickly regained my balance with my crutches and turned from the person with heat rushing to my face, “Mianhe!” I began to walk away, when my rescuer spoke.

 

“Young-ah!” I stopped dead in my tracks, my face going blank.

His voice…could it be?

 

I looked back and saw the familiar dinosaur-like face.

My eyes burned with hatred, and my heart only wanted to punch him.

 

“I have nothing to say to you, Jonghyun. If I would’ve known you were Cho Hee’s cousin, I wouldn’t have stayed here. But Cho Hee was nice enough to offer me a place to stay for the time being, and I accepted the offer. I won’t go back on my word to her now, but I’ll just tell you this once. Act like I’m not here. Ignore me. Don’t pay attention to me. It’s better if we just stay out of each other’s way.”

With those words said, I walked to the kitchen to help out with dinner.

 

Jonghyun’s P.O.V.

 

Cho Hee told me we had a guest who’d be staying here a while…but I had no idea it was Hwa Young. Maybe her mom kicked her out, her mom never did like her. I felt a tinge of sadness for Hwa Young. The sadness was quickly replaced by worry though, as I remembered that I’d invited the ret of SHINee over for dinner, and Jessica too. My heart dropped through the ground when Young-ah said those harsh words to me. They rang through my head, and I was starting to second-guess my feelings.

 

Who had I really given my heart to? Did I give it to Young-ah without realizing? Or will I be able to give it to Jessica?

 

I walked into the kitchen to see Hwa Young setting the table, and my heart wavered at the sight of her. The feelings I have for her, that I’d been suppressing when I was with her, pushed their way through. Without realizing it, I began to walk towards her.

 

Hwa Young’s P.O.V.

 

“Do you need any help Hee-sshi?” I asked Cho Hee when I entered the kitchen.

“That’d be great! Do you think you could set the table for me?”

“Sure thing! It’s not a problem, my ankle is already starting to feel better, just to let you know. So I’m going to try to walk on it a little.” I smiled reassuringly at her.

 

I grabbed the plates and walked to the table. Once I’d set them all nicely, I stood by a chair trying to put a little pressure on my foot at a time. I put a little too much pressure on it and gasped in pain. The pain ceased moments later, just as someone’s strong arms wrapped me tightly in a familiar embrace. I was too scared to turn my head, because I already knew who it was. But this time, I couldn’t let any tears fall, and I couldn’t fall into his convincing words again.

 

Hey readers, thanks for reading! It's a shorter chapter, but I'll start to update more often! I hope you'll give me feedback, and I hope you liked this chapter! I don't know how good this story is, and I'm losing the inspiration to keep writing it. But any comments on this chapter and the story are appreciated. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.

~SiwonsGirl96