CHAPTER 7

My Villain Girl

It was another schooling day. The word ‘another’ would be normal if only the students in Seoul High treated Jiyong like usual, which was ignoring him. But, reality changed. In just one day, his life completely overturned to something he never imagined. He hated attention ever since he was child but now, it’s like every eyes in Seoul High were focusing in every step he took through the hallway.

Where is Seungri when I need him?

It might be selfish of Jiyong to search for Seungri when only he needed him, but Seungri was the only one who can make his awkwardness at the moment gone. Being the transfer student, Jiyong never gained any attentions from the students, but the morning was different. People were giving him looks that he couldn’t interpret clearly. There were mixed staring of hate, admiring, pity and even amazed at the same time. And Jiyong knew why that happened.

“Jiyong ! Hey, wait!”

The voice that he longed since 5 minutes ago finally came.

“Yah ! Daebak ! Why didn’t you tell me?” Seungri smacked Jiyong’s back as soon as he reached him.

“Tell you what?”

“That the transfer student Kwon Ji Yong is the freaking boyfriend of the great Jung Jessica?” Seungri rolled his eyes for Jiyong’s obvious question.

“Yah. Who said that to you?” Jiyong was shocked hearing that.

“Duhh~Every single soul in this school already knew it. Why bother to deny?”

Seungri and Jiyong were walking away from the crowded hallway to their classes. Jiyong was so grateful because with Seungri’s presence, at least he can act like he’s busy and didn’t realize people were staring at him.

“It’s not true.”

“You look great with her. What did I say? You will end up with her but you didn’t believe me. Aigoo~” Seungri exclaimed happily with his proud expression.

“We do not end up together or whatever you are thinking. It’s complicated. And..”

“And Jessica-shi already announced to the whole world that you are her official boyfriend. Yah, aren’t you proud?”

“Proud? Of what?”

“If you still don’t know, you are his second official boyfriend. By official here I mean the one that she introduced to people around her. But, if you think deeply, you are her first boyfriend. Taecyeon-shi doesn’t count because he is kinda tied with her since they were kids.” Seungri explained.

“So are you saying she has unofficial boyfriends?” Jiyong asked out of curiosity.

“Not unofficial but more of fling partners, I guess? Come on man, like you don’t know he..rr..opps, mianhae. She’s your girlfriend now. I shouldn’t say that.” Seungri then realized his mistake in his words.

“She’s not my gi…”

 

 

“Yah Kwon Beggar !!”

Crap!

Both Jiyong and Seungri turned around just to find Jessica was walking elegantly towards them with her usual proud smirk.

“Good morning, boyfie.” Jessica greeted sarcastically like she didn’t mean her words while eyeing Jiyong from head to toe. There were fortunately no people around them that she was free to do anything she liked.

Jiyong however just nodded a bit as a reply.

“U-uh..No. It’s wrong, Kwon. A greeting should be replied by a greeting also. Where did you learn your manner?” Jessica smirked.

Jiyong cant believe his day will start that way, being lectured by the mannerless girl about manner.

“Good morning Jessica-shi.” Jiyong looked at his watch and there’s only 5 minutes before the first class bell rang.

“The class will start soon. I’ll go first.” Jiyong bowed his head a bit before ready to leave.

“Yah, Kwon!” Jessica raised her voice a bit to attract Jiyong’s attention and she succeeded when Jiyong slowly turned around and facing her.

“I’ll see you later.”

That sentence was so coldly spoken like it can freeze the silent hallway at instant. Whatsmore, it was accompanied by an evil smirk from Jessica. There was a moment of staring battle between Jiyong and Jessica there like they were exchanging curses before Jessica started to walk to her class direction not forgetting to push away Seungri, whose mouth seemed to be glued since the very beginning. But then, after 5 steps, she stopped and said..

“Oh by the way, I didn’t know you are friend with that loser.”

And she walked away.

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch time came. For Jiyong, it was his only time to be relaxed and rest his mind before long hours of studying. He even planned to stay after the school period was over to finish all his school works and do some readings. He was alone under the tree near their school field. It was a deserted area during lunch and that’s why he liked it there. Far from noises, far from others and most importantly far from Jessica. While he was alone, he thought back what happened since he came to Seoul High. It’s been a few months he’s there.

Generally, he liked the school for its good facilities and systems. As a diligent student, everything he needed was there. There’s a reason why students pay for thousands dollar a semester there. But if he had to point out the negative things, there will be more. But none of them was far worse than having to know Jessica in his life.

Jung Jessica, a name that he always avoided to say. She was such a different girl. It’s like, he didn’t like her nor did he like her. It’s just that, he felt his world would be lot better if he didn’t cross path with the girl. He really wanted to push her away but Jessica always got ways to press him down.

 

“Hey Jiyong ! “ Seungri finally there to interrupt his train of thoughts. He was used to Seungri bugging his life anyway. There were 2 bottles of juices in his hands. He sat beside Jiyong while panting heavily like he just ran at full speed there.

“Yah, do you know…huhh..your..”

“Slow down. Why are you sweating?” Jiyong eyed Seungri who still having hard time catching his breath.

“That’s not a problem now. Your..girlfriend. She..”

“My what? Owh..okay. What about her?” Jiyong finally caught who Seungri meant. As much as he wanted to deny it, his curiosity was stronger.

“Jessica-shi. She slapped Eunjung-shi in the cafeteria. Daebak ! I was there just now.” Seungri said happily like he felt proud he was there to witness the scene.

“Eunjung-shi?” Jiyong cant believe his ears. He knew Jessica always bullied other students by listening to Seungri’s stories but he never witnessed them himself.

“She’s in the second class. You know, the head of cheerleader squad? Well, of course you don’t.” Seungri rolled his eyes.

 “It’s not just that. Jessica-shi dropped the contents of her plate onto Eunjung shi’s head. You know, the plate was filled with gravy and salad. Can you imagine how bad Eunjung-shi state at that time?”

Jiyong was still absorbing the ridiculous news. He was so shocked that he didn’t know what to say.

“Oh, did I tell you, Jessica-shi also poured a bottle of grape juice onto her head?” Seungri added.

“Wait, what happened actually?” It was the first time Jiyong had interest in knowing Seungri’s story that made Seungri all excited.

“Well, Eunjung-shi accidentally bumped into Jessica-shi while they were choosing foods. And Eunjung-shi was holding a glass of water at that time and she spilled it to Jessica-shi’s shoes.”

“Just because of plain water?” Jiyong felt like Seungri was lying. No one will do such extent as slapping someone’s face with a hard plate just because of plain water which can be dried later on.

“It’s Jessica-shi we’re talking about here. This is nothing if we want to compare with her previous deeds. There are far worse.” Seungri said before gulping his juice.

Jiyong sighed. He really cant believe such people exist. Now, he will believe those teen dramas that his mother always watched where chaebol kids bullied people lower than them. If you asked Jiyong before he entered Seoul High, he wouldn’t believe those exaggerated scenes but now his view changed.

“And as usual, our Sunye-shi was there to save the day.” Seungri continued his story.

“Sunye-shi?”

The mentioning of the girl that always made his heart went crazy caught his attention back.

“Yeah. She was there at the café. Jessica-shi was going crazy when Sunye-shi helped the girl in front of everyone. Sunye-shi sure has the courage. No one else dare to do that except Sunye-shi. It was so intense between them. As if you don’t know how cruel Jessica-shi’s words.” Seungri answered.

 

Their conversation was interrupted by an incoming message in Jiyong’s phone. There was no name written in the screen.

Kwon ! Where are you?!!!!!!

With only that simple message, Jiyong didn’t need to be super intelligent to guess who sent the message.

“How did Jessica-shi get my phone number?

And at that situation, only one human being should be accused, Seungri. He’s the only one in the school who had his number.

“Mian..hae..She forced me. You know her.” Seungri said avoiding Jiyong’s killing gaze. It’s true though. Jessica was literally threatening to burn his bag. And there were precious things in his bag that he couldn’t last for more than 5 seconds when Jessica was holding a lighter.

“But she’s your girlfriend. She supposed to have your number.” Seungri said trying to search any reasons to defend himself.

Another message came in.

Yah ! Reply me or else I will burn your locker!!!!!

“Such a ridiculous girl.” Jiyong got the feeling that whatever he will do wont make him escaped from Jessica’s grasp. Then another call came in using the same number but Jiyong just ignored it.

“Is that Jessica-shi? Arent you going to answer it?” Seungri asked. He couldn’t believe Jiyong dared to ignore Jessica.

After that, few continuous calls came in from Jessica that Jiyong decided to turn his phone off.

“Can I ask you something?” Seungri said seriously while looking at the calm Jiyong.

“What’s the point in asking when you will ask anyway.”

“Is Jessica-shi seriously your girlfriend?”

Jiyong just let out a long sigh before he stood up and left Seungri alone at the bench.

 

 

Jiyong was alone at his usual desk in the library. He was so engrossed in doing his works that he didn’t realize someone was already sat in front of him.

“Why the hell you didn’t reply my messages, KWON !!”

The whole quiet library was like fully awaken when Jessica yelled with all her might that her voice echoed throughout the library. It was already past 7 in the evening and there were only few students in the library. All eyes were on Jessica at that instant including Jiyong who was shocked to see Jessica’s presence there. She was wearing an angry expression while gritting her teeth like she was hardly suppressing her boiling anger.

“Jessica-shi..”

“You are seriously testing my patience.” Jessica scowled while looking at Jiyong like she can swallow him up.

“Please lower down your voice, Jessica-shi.” Jiyong said calmly though other students were glaring at them but still didn’t dare to ask Jessica to quiet down.

“What are you looking at?! Do you want to die?!!”Jessica once again hollered like a crazy lion to the students that were looking at them. That was enough to make them turned their heads back to their books and didn’t dare to look up again.

“Nerds are seriously annoying. Now explain to me, Kwon before I turn this whole library upside down.” Jessica threatened.

“Why should I reply to your messages? We are not friends.” Jiyong answered bravely. He thought it was the time he inserted some senses into Jessica’s head.

“W..what? Did I hear you correctly?”

“Yes. Jessica-shi. And that fake boyfriend thingy…”

“Yah. People will hear. Slow down your voice jerk.” Jessica hissed like crazy while looking frantically to other students in case they heard what Jiyong said.

“That thing is ridiculous. We are not kids anymore Jessica-shi. You cant force people follow your way. Please mature a bit.” Jiyong expressed his thoughts. That was more than enough to make Jessica had her most shocking experience ever. Never in her whole life people lower than her talked to her like that.

“You..”

“I made myself clear. If you don’t have anything to do here, please leave. You are disturbing other people” Jiyong said before he focused his eyes back to his book leaving Jessica speechless. But that didn’t mean she will budge out. She will only humiliate herself if people in the school knew that she lied about Jiyong being her boyfriend. And she couldn’t imagine if Taecyeon knew because all this plan because she wanted to take revenge on Taecyeon.

 

After few minutes passed, Jiyong saw a small piece of paper thrown onto his book. Without even touching it, he read the words written.

‘I will tell your secret to the whole school if you don’t cooperate.’

Jiyong’s corner lips perked up reading the nonsense Jessica wrote. If there’s anything he didn’t like, it would be threatening. And that’s why he just shrugged it off. But Jessica on the other side was boiling from inside. She really hated the cold treatment that Jiyong always gave her.

Another paper landed on Jiyong’s book.

‘I will tell the whole world that you like that Sunye’

She never gives up huh?

Jiyong didn’t know how Jessica got the info but he was more than sure she will never reveal it to anyone. Simply because if she revealed it, people will know that she lied about him as her boyfriend.

‘I will hurt that till she cant move her limbs !!’

That new note was ended with angry emoticons below the paper. Enough to show that she was already holding on the last string of her patience. At that time, Jessica was ready to explode anytime when again Jiyong treated the paper like a piece of trash.

“Yah, Kwon.”

Now that attracted Jiyong’s attention almost instantly. Jessica rarely used normal tone of voice when speaking to him. When Jiyong looked at Jessica, his heart was nearly stopped beating when he saw Jessica holding a scissor which he recognized as his right above her wrist.

“What are you doing?” Jiyong asked with his eyes fixed on the scissor.

Jessica smirked with victory.

“You do know how important this plan is to me. Now this is your last chance. When I stab this thing into my wrist, you’ll regret to the core until the day you die.” Jessica said seriously without blinking her eyes.

Back in his school, Jiyong learnt how to read people mind through their eyes. And from the look of it, there was no hint of joking from Jessica. And Jiyong didn’t want to end his night study session in the hospital of police station for killing a chaebol daughter.

“Stop it, Jessica-shi. How many times should I..”

Jiyong didn’t even have the time to finish his sentence when Jessica already moved her hand holding the scissor ready to stab her wrist.

“YAH ARE YOU CRAZY?!!”

Luckily, Jiyong was fast enough to slap Jessica’s hand away before the scissor reached her other wrist. It’s been a long time since he didn’t raise his voice like that and that night, he did. For a moment there, he felt like his heart was beating out of his body because of Jessica’s bold action.

“Shh..!!” Other students glared at them because of Jiyong’s high voice.

“What the..”

“Say you agree. You know right, that im not even afraid doing this?” Jessica still strong in her will.

“But..”

Another swift movement of the scissor directed to her wrist when Jiyong once again who felt his soul had left his body grabbed Jessica’s hand before he threw the scissor away.

“Okay ! I agree. Now stop doing foolish things!”

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong felt his peace days had ended since he said ‘okay’ to Jessica. Everything’s changed. Now he and Jessica always seen together whenever they had free time. It really made Jiyong uncomfortable. For the first time in his life, he spent more than an hour with a y, bad girl like Jessica. If other guys, they will be more than willing to be in his shoes. But Jiyong is Jiyong. He still felt slightly uncomfortable with Jessica.

It turned out that Jessica was using Jiyong to make Taecyeon jealous. She always walked with Jiyong in the morning through the hallway giving people impression that they came together to school when in fact they’re not. They even had a whole table filled with luxurious foods for themselves at the café during lunches though Jiyong never dared to touch the foods. They even spent their nights at school library whenever Jiyong wanted. All these were awkwardly done because Jessica wanted to convince people especially Taecyeon who still doubted their relationship.

As days passed by, Jiyong was used to Jessica’s presence wherever he was. It‘s like Jessica will be there whenever Jiyong and other students of Seoul High were there. She even acted extra lovey dovey when they were in front of others which made Jiyong really uncomfortable with all the skinship Jessica showed. She even called him ‘Jiyong-ie’ in front of others which Jiyong’s ears cant accept because of the fakeness. However, all these sweetness will end whenever there were only 2 of them together. Jessica will be back calling him names and always yelled at him.

Jessica was still cruel at Jiyong though but lesser than before. She always asked him to do her school works and other tasks which Jiyong just obeyed. Not that he cant defend himself but he knew how grumpy Jessica will act when he said no. But the clever Jiyong made Jessica slowly involved in her own school works by dragging her to the library whenever he felt like staying there after school. Their time together however only limited in the school compound.  After their night study session, they parted ways with Jessica being picked up by her chauffeur and Jiyong waiting for the bus at the bus stop.

Jessica on the other hand felt that she can at least be friend with Jiyong. At least he’s not fake compared to Hyuna and Hyorin who always praised her no matter how stupid the thing she did. As days passed, she was amazed on how Jiyong was slowly controlling her. He even pointed out her wrongdoings. Though she will reply him with a yell, she still felt good for reasons she didn’t know.

You can say, they slowly building up their relationship from the fake couple to friends though it still far from it’s real definition. Well, at least they used to each other now.

It was another night study session in their school library. As usual, Jiyong focused on his works while Jessica who sat in front of him was sleeping using her arms as pillow. That was what they always did. If only not because of her school works, Jessica already left the school earlier. But nowadays, her grades kept falling because she didn’t send works given by her teachers. And her dad was so particular about her grades in school. The only way to raise her grades above the passing border was completing the school works.

“Jessica-shi..Jessica-shi..” Jiyong called the sleeping Jessica. Seeing no movement from her, he slightly pushed her arm to wake her up.

“Jessica-shi..”

“What?!” Jessica felt annoyed when her sleep was disturbed.

“What is this?” Jiyong asked while showing her exam paper written with a big F on the upper corner. That instantly made Jessica sober up. She quickly grabbed the exam paper and hid it in her bag.

“Nothing. This doesn’t concern you.” Jessica said avoiding Jiyong’s gaze.

Jiyong sighed. He knew well about Jessica’s grades. Seungri always informed him. They were beyond terrible like even preschooler kids can get better grades than Jessica.

“You should try doing your own school works Jessica-shi. By doing them, you can practice to be better.”

It’s true Jessica’s presence in the library was to complete her school works with Jiyong’s help but usually Jiyong will always end up doing all of them while Jessica either sleeping or playing games in her phone.

“im not good with study.” Jessica answered simply.

“That’s why you have to practice.”

“What’s the point in learning anyway? I can get into any universities that I want. And I will end up inherit my dad’s bank.”

Jiyong sighed again. He always had difficult time whenever he tried to talk to Jessica seriously.

“Study is not that difficult if you put your heart and mind into it. You just need to give it a try. Until when do you want me to do all your school works? I don’t know how long I will be here in this school.” Jiyong tried again.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Im just a transfer student. I will move back to my school when they call me there.”

“Then, I will ask other students to do them for me.” Jessica answered.

“And how many times should I tell you that it’s wrong to use people for your own good?” Jiyong glared at Jessica.

“How about you then? You clearly know that Im using you know.”

“Because you will do stupid things again when I say no.” Jiyong said sarcastically making Jessica gritted her teeth in anger but still didn’t yell like she always did.

 

 

 

“Here, try do these questions. You wouldn’t get anything just by sleeping in this library.” Jiyong shoved a book to Jessica who reluctantly looked at the thick book. She really hated books to be exact.

“But..”

“If you don’t know any questions, ask me.”

With that, silence surrounded them again. Jessica was having the most troubling phase in her life solving the complicated questions in front of her to the point that she wanted to bite the papers to pieces.

“This is so difficult. I wonder why do you like to study?” Jessica sighed before she plopped her head onto the table.

“Im just interested in things.” Jiyong answered shortly while still focusing on his works. Jessica looked at Jiyong’s expressionless face. It’s been so long since they knew each other. Sometimes, especially in the library, Jessica loved to see Jiyong’s expression. It was always the same. Though she had to admit he’s quiet handsome and charming on his ways. But too bad, he’s not her type.

“By the way, I heard something from Seungri.” Jiyong said not lifting up his eyes from his book.

“That wimp guy again? Why do you friend with that loser?”

“He said you bullied a junior in the female toilet.” Now Jiyong gave a serious gaze to Jessica like he can shoot laser to her. It’s not the first time he touched the topic and advised Jessica but Jessica never understood.

“Bully is a strong word, Kwon. I just poured a bucket of water onto her. Nothing else. And that spoilt cried like I pushed her into the toilet bowl. She’s seriously annoying.”

“And why did you do that? For fun?”

“Of course no ! She stepped on my precious Jimmy Choo shoes. And who the hell in the world wouldn’t be pissed by that?” Jessica reasoned out.

“Just because of shoes?” Jiyong said disbelieved. Well, Jessica never gave out reason that made sense anyway.

“It’s not just shoes, Kwon. It’s Jimmy Choo. A limited edition to be exact.” Jessica stressed her words. She cant believe Jiyong treated her like she spouting nonsense.

“Stop wearing those high heels in the school. School is not a fashion runway, Jessica-shi. And they are bad for your health.” Jiyong said with courage. Jessica felt like her body slump down and can break the chair any moment. Jiyong was so beyond ridiculous in her opinion.

“I will wear what I want, Kwon.” Jessica said proudly while crossing her arms across her chest.

That made Jiyong scanned Jessica’s uniform. If students were allowed to wear bikini to school, Jiyong thought maybe Jessica will wear them. Jessica’s uniform didn’t look like high school uniform at all. It was so modified that it became a too revealing clothes. Her blonde hair was always styled in various ways everyday. Her make-up was so heavy and thick that Jiyong wondered how long she took to apply them each day. And of course, her jewelries. Only God knows how painful Jiyong’s eyes to see Jessica especially when she walked under the sunlight. They were too sparkling.

“Anyway, you are free tomorrow right?”

“Why?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stupid Jiyong. You shouldn’t agree to this since the first place.’

Jiyong was trapped on the passenger seat in Jessica’s Porsche the next day that it made him wondered where did she get her license at the age of 17.  Since it was Saturday, Jessica dragged Jiyong forcefully lying that they were going to the library when actually they were tailing someone, or to be exact, Taecyeon and Sunye couple.

Jiyong really didn’t find it’s interesting or thrilling at all following his crush having a date with her famous handsome boyfriend.

But Jessica on the other hand was acting like a detective following a big wanted criminal. She even wore her special spy-style trench coat completed with a big sunglasses that covered half of her face.

“Why are we...”

“Shh !! Lower down your voice!”

Jiyong always had difficult time to complete his sentence when talking with Jessica.

She hissed frantically while giving a death glare to Jiyong. They were in the car outside a small café. It was the second place they went after Sunye’s house. Taecyeon and Sunye were having breakfast in the cozy café while having the time of their life while Jiyong was only managed to grab 2 slices of bread that his mom put on their kitchen table.

“We are in this car, Jessica-shi. They wouldn’t hear us.” Jiyong reasoned out impatiently. He never did something stupid like this even sacrificing his own resting day following a nearly psycho girl spying on her ex-boyfriend.

He then remembered the bread that he brought from his house since he didn’t get the time to have breakfast.

“Here.” Jiyong said while extending his hand with a slice of bread. Jessica’s face distorted in disgust while looking at the bread.

“Are you seriously giving me this filthy bread? You know how sanitary of a person I am. Eww.” Jessica said before she pushed Jiyong’s hand away and took back her binocular.

“It’s not filthy because my mom made it” Though Jiyong was used with Jessica’s sharp tongue, but he was a bit hurt when the bread that his mom made was insulted like that. Hearing the low voice of Jiyong, it instantly made Jessica engulfed with guiltiness. Though she was as cold as ice, but she knew well the feeling when someone insulted your mom in any ways especially the foods she made.

Jessica sighed before she grabbed the bread and quickly shoved it into . Jiyong agape at Jessica’s action. It was too sudden that he couldn’t process it instantly. After few minutes, Jessica finished eating the bread.

“You ruined my diet.” Jessica said while wiping her hand with a tissue still acting nonchalantly.

And for the first time that day, Jiyong’s lips formed a small smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The whole day they spent with following the Taecyeon-Sunye couple everywhere. Cinema, shopping mall, theme park, restaurant and other few places. What annoyed Jiyong the most was the fact, they didn’t even get the time to eat because Jessica was so determined to collect the proofs that, according her, Taecyeon was not serious with Sunye. When all that they witnessed were opposite from what she hoped. Taecyeon was so caring towards Sunye. He always offered to hold Sunye’s bag, stood beside her to protect her whenever they walked in the crowd, cut the steak they ordered into pieces before he switched plate with Sunye’s  and not to include the PDAs they showed.

While on the other side, Jessica-Jiyong pairing was having difficulties in their teamwork. Jiyong was forced to carry Jessica’s heavy branded bag all the time. He also stood beside Jessica whenever they walked in the crowd, but more to Jessica pulled him towards her to shield herself. And when lunch time, they didn’t stop in any restaurants because of Jessica’s diet and like it or not, Jiyong had to follow. And if Taecyeon-Sunye couple showed PDAs, Jessica-Jiyong pairing showed different scenes. Whenever they were afar from TS couple, Jessica will shriek whenever she felt annoyed to Jiyong without reason. If she cant raise her voice, she smacked his arms so hard to release her anger.

Jiyong was already tired plus hungry when they finally reached Han River still carefully following the TS couple. He lost hope in advising Jessica to call the day off since she was too stubborn. It crossed his mind to just leave Jessica but he shrugged it off since he knew Jessica will kill him if he did. But actually, he felt a little sense of responsibility to accompany Jessica for the day. As an observant person, he noticed Jessica’s mood changed as time passed by especially whenever she looked at TS couple. She spoke less and her eyes radiated mixed feelings. Jiyong predicted, Jessica will burst any moment from now.

 

They were still in the car watching TS couple who sat near the edge of the river. Taecyeon’s arm was wrapping Sunye’s waist and Sunye rested her head on Taecyeon’s shoulder. In short, they just screamed sweetness and romantic all over them oblivious to a car that parked not far from them. It was dead silent in the car. Jiyong knew Jessica was trying hard to hold her tears from falling seeing her ex-boyfriend treating her enemy so lovely.

And it happened, Jessica saw TS couple was kissing passionately in front of her eyes. Her hands fell from the car steering. She felt like bullets were shot into her heart at once. She knew she forced Taecyeon into their previous relationship but she was sad that he never treated her like he did with Sunye. She tried hard to act nonchalant and just focus on her spying but as a woman, she cant help from feeling heartbroken.

Jiyong too felt a slight pain in his heart. Not that he didn’t try to see Sunye as an ex-crush and a mere friend but it was too difficult since she was the first girl that grabbed his heart. He sighed. He finally broke his eye contact with the scene in front of him and diverted his gaze to Jessica beside her.

“Jessica-shi..”

“Get out.” Jessica suddenly said still looking at TS couple. Jiyong can sense the shakiness in her voice.

“Gwenchanayo?” Jiyong asked in concern when from aside, he can see even Jessica’s body was trembling.

“I SAID GET OUT  !” Finally, Jessica burst out the feeling she worked hard to contend.

And there, the precious tears of the luxurious girl finally fell. Jiyong was shocked to see Jessica’s eyes. The eyes that showed clearly how hurt her heart was. The strong and cold girl that always annoyed him was no longer there. All he saw was a vulnerable and fragile girl with sorrowful expression.

Jiyong sighed. He slowly opened the car door and alighted from the car. He waited outside until Jessica finished crying afraid that she will do something out of her mind again.  He felt pity for her though. At least, he and Sunye were just friends from the beginning.

Jiyong looked at the spot where TS couple sat but they weren’t there anymore.  

As Jiyong was lost in his thoughts, he heard the sound of car engine being started. And the last thing he remembered was looking at Jessica’s car from afar.

She left me alone again.’

 

 

 

 

 

2 weeks passed peacefully and soundly for Jiyong as Jessica didn’t show up at school. If it was before, he would be more than grateful to get rid Jessica out from his life but now, he felt somehow empty. Since their ‘date’ last 2 week, Jessica never contacted him again. Usually, each day, Jessica will send more than 30 messages and 10 calls just to annoy him. She will yell at him whenever she pissed by something. And she also popped out everywhere just to vent her anger to Jiyong. Jiyong did worry about Jessica’s condition though. Along their short ‘friendship’ period, Jessica tend to do something abnormal when she felt down, angry or annoyed. And Jiyong was the one who always stopped her to do so.

 

But Jiyong was being Jiyong. He was undecided whether to contact Jessica first or not. He thought she needed time but at the same time he’s afraid if something happened to her. And Seungri, being the pain in the of him, offered no help at all. He even messed Jiyong’s mind by saying nonsense about his relationship with Jessica. Students in the school also asked him about Jessica whenever they saw him but the only answer he can give was he didn’t know.

 

It was the last day of the 1st semester of senior year. Jiyong was so tired after a whole day in school with so many works to do. While he was alone in the bus on his way home, his thought slowly drifted to Jessica.

It really feels empty without her.’

 

 

 

“Im home”

Jiyong said when he entered his house. But there was a pair of high heels on the front door. As he knew, his mom didn’t wear high heels because of her old age. So he just assumed that it may belong to her mom’s friend.

“Owh, you’re home? Come here. Your friend came to visit. Why you didn’t tell us that you have a friend that pretty?” Jiyong’s mom greeted him at the front door with a wide smile before she took his school bag.

“My friend? Who?” Jiyong was puzzled. He never had a close female friend to begin with.

Except…

“Jessica-shi?”

 

 

Stood in front of him was Jessica. But Jiyong had to take a double look before he recognized her as Jessica. She was so different. Her blonde hair was changed to a jet black color. Her hair was straight rather than the usual wavy style completed with a white hair band. The y revealing outfits were gone and replaced with a white plain dress that radiated the innocence of the person wearing it. She also wore a pink cardigan over it. And finally, there was only a simple natural makeup graced her face. Jessica looked so pure and innocent at the same time that Jiyong admit she looked extra pretty that evening.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica stayed for dinner. Surprisingly, the strict father of Jiyong really pleased with Jessica. He and Jiyong’s mom kept praising Jessica’s beauty and manners endlessly. But they didn’t know Jessica’s real identity though. Jiyong on the other hand always needed to pinch himself to remind him that he indeed not dreaming. Jessica even smiled whenever she talked with Jiyong’s parents which was so not her because the Jessica he knew only smirk or scoff at people.

Jiyong didn’t have the appetite as what he did during the whole dinner was staring at Jessica. He still cant get over on how different she looked and behaved at that night. Jessica always skipped dinner from what Jiyong knew since she wanted to maintain her figure. But that night, her appetite was so good that she even asked for extra rice.

After the dinner finished, Jiyong faced another shock of his life when Jessica offered to help Jiyong’s mom to wash the dishes.

Being the spoilt kid she was, Jiyong knew Jessica never did any house chores before as she had a number of maids in her mansion. Even her school works were done by him.

But luckily, Jiyong’s mom refused as she insisted that it was not nice for a guest to do the dishes.

“You can have a chat with Jiyong. He can accompany you to walk around the house.” Jiyong’s mom suggested.

“Nehh.” Jessica smiled.

 

 

Jessica and Jiyong ended up in Jiyong’s room. As soon as they entered Jiyong’s room, Jessica quickly locked the door before she sighed heavily.

“It was damn hot !!” Jessica said before she took off her cardigan and threw it onto Jiyong’s bed. The normal Jessica came back.

“Why is your room like the size of rat’s hole, Kwon? Are you comfortable here?” Jessica said while eyeing the whole room.

It was indeed small. But coming from a middle class family, Jiyong felt his life was comfortable enough. His room was simple with only one single bed, one cupboard and a study table near the window.

“It’s comfortable for me. Ermm..Jessica-shi..gwenchanayo?” Jiyong asked carefully. It’s been 2 weeks he didn’t meet her though. So many things he wanted to ask her but he felt like he needed to take it slow.

“What do you mean by that? Of course im fine. Is this bed clean?” Jessica said pointing at his bed avoiding Jiyong’s question.

As soon as Jiyong gave a nod, Jessica plopped on the bed while stretching her arms.

“Your mom’s cooks are so delicious. I should come often.”

“What?” Jiyong’s eyes widened.

“Wae? Do you like me going here?”

“Huh?”

 

 

 

“I was so tired. I spent hours in the salon you know. Your bed is hard as rock. Geez.”

Just to impress Jiyong’s parents, Jessica unwillingly changed her style for that night. She went there because she needed to get familiarize with Jiyong’s parents. As from what she knew, Jiyong’s parents especially his dad was a strict person so after searching and asking few people, they said it was best to dress humbly.

 

 

 

“Why are you here?” Jiyong asked directly.

“Because I miss my boyfriend?” Jessica said while smirking at Jiyong. Jiyong treated that as a lie. He then decided to drop the TS couple subject as he sensed Jessica was not ready to answer him.

“Why you didn’t come to school then?”

“Why? You miss me? “ Jessica chuckled lightly.

 

 

Jiyong shook his head with Jessica’s answers.

“Your mom said you are going away for 3 days start from tomorrow. Where to?” Jessica said.

“My school, I mean my original school will have an Open Day. So I want to meet my friends there.” Jiyong said before he went over to sit on the bed beside the laying Jessica. He pulled his blanket before he covered Jessica’s exposed legs. Her skirt rolled up so high that it nearly revealed her underwear. Jessica always like that, she never felt embarrassed about that stuff in front of Jiyong. And it’s always Jiyong who had to cover her up whenever needed.

“It’s hot Kwon!” Jessica scowled before she kicked the blanket away.

“Open Day for 3 days? Why so long? Your school is in Gangnam right?”

“Nehh. Gangnam High. It’s only for one day. But I decided to camp near Gyeonggi Lake. It’s been a long time since I didn’t go camping.”

“You always go camping? Is that a commoner’s hobby?”

“Stop acting like you are a Royal Highness, Jessica-shi.” Jiyong rolled his eyes.

“Yah ! I am the heiress of Korea Bank.”

Jiyong sighed.

 

 

 

“Yah, Kwon.”

“Hmm?”

“Can I come with you?”