CHAPTER 2

My Villain Girl

 

 It was the third day of schooling for Jiyong in the new yet foreign place for him. Everything went normally as he hoped. He got to sit in the best class, made nearly no friends at all, got very least attention, the peace he loved the most and the best thing was,,

“Annyeonghasaeyo. We are from Society Club and we are here to announce that our club is organizing charity event in Busan this next weekend. We will go to an orphanage there. So, I am here to ask if anyone of you guys want to join this event and also make donations. We..”

There in front of the class, stood the girl that look like angel in Jiyong’s eyes. He was sitting there at his chair while observing the girl that took his heart away. He couldn’t hear what she was saying about promoting whatever event she was talking as he was too absorbed in admiring her beauty. Her smile, her voice, her gestures, her everything captivated Jiyong since the first time he met her.

Anneyonghaeseyo. I am Min Sunye. You can call me Sunye or Sun.” The simple introduction of the angel-like girl made Jiyong’s heart went crazy, something that he never felt before. The handshake which was accompanied with a beautiful smile was making him went off the earth for a moment. He knew well that he somehow attracted to her that made him always stole glances at her. Sunye, a girl with an average height, fair complexion, short black hair and with the most beautiful smile ever was someone who Jiyong always wished to be the girl in his life. Her kindness, gentleness and humbleness attracted people to adore her. Despite being the daughter of one of the richest men in Korea, she never acted like some rich girls in the school who behaved like they own the school. But, eventhough Jiyong can list hundreds reasons why he attracted to Sunye, he knew best to not approach her since he realized the reality of life. A poor guy never dated a rich girl.

 

“Thanks Taecyeon-shi. Do you want to join this event too?” Sunye thanked Taecyeon when he gave 300 dolar into the box Sunye was holding for the charity purpose.

“I would love too. Put my name in the list.” Taecyeon said proudly while showing his toothy grin.

“Nehh. Kamsahamnida” Sunye said happily before she moved to the next person.

 

Observing from afar, Jiyong felt a bit jealous towards Taecyeon, a guy who was very popular in the school for his handsome look, his strong background of wealth, good in academic and sports and also, the boyfriend of the queen of the school, Jessica whom GD never met. Jiyong sighed seeing how smaller his chance became when he witnessed Taecyeon’s behavior around Sunye. And he knew the meaning behind the behavior so well.

He was so engrossed in thinking when someone already stood in front of him.

“Anneyeonghaseyo Jiyong-shi. Woud you like to donate for this event? You may join the event too.”

The angelic voice interrupted Jiyong’s train of thoughts. He was surprised yet happy that Sunye was talking to him. But being the student from a military academy where they didn’t teach you how to socialize with girls, he ended up just sitting there without replying before he quickly gave whatever bill he got from his pocket. He can feel his blood rushing to his face.

“Kamsahamnida. You don’t want to join this event?” Sunye asked again.

“Nehh? Mm. I cant. Sorry.” Jiyong finally said. He really wanted to join the event because who knows, maybe he can become closer to Sunye. But, God wasn’t helping him since the venue was in Busan which he believed his strictly general in army father wouldn’t allow him to. Living in a family where the history filled with army matters, he knew that he had to control his behavior. Maybe, he thought, by only watching Sunye from afar was the best option.

 

 

The recess period came. Every student was relieved that finally the long period of academic and boring sessions of learning finally halted for a moment. The cafeteria was filled with students that it became so noisy. Being the lonely GD, he decided to just walk around the school field. It’s one of the good points to be a student in a prestigious high school like Seoul High. The field was so big and the grasses were so green and velvet-like if you watched from afar. GD loved to be there. The wind was blowing moderately and it gave a calming feeling.

 

GD took a seat on a bench under a shady tree before he threw his gaze admiring the green environment in front of him before he felt someone sat beside him.

“Hi there. What are you doing here?”

GD knew that voice well. And when he looked at his side, his guess was correct. Sunye was sitting beside him while showing her usual gentle smile.

“I..” Now that’s the weird thing when it came to Sunye. In his all life, Jiyong learnt how to be confident in any ways including talking and answering. But when in front of Sunye, he just went completely speechless.

“It’s so nice here isn’t it? “ Sunye cut Jiyong’s words.

“Owh, I brought my lunch here. Do you want some?” Jiyong didn’t realize the packed lunch on Sunye’s lap until she mentioned it. Before he couldn’t answer ‘No thanks’, Sunye already gave him a set of chopstick.

“My friend doesn’t attend school today. I supposed to have lunch with her.” Sunye said the reason of the additional set of chopstick. When Sunye opened the box, Jiyong’s eyes enlarged seeing the variety of foods there. Furthermore, they were decorated prettily.

A rich student really different from us

Jiyong thought comparing Sunye’s lunch and the lunch he had in his military school. There, all of them must in eat in cafeteria. And everyone will get the same types of foods because they practiced ‘no discrimination’ rule. The foods were also boring since they were always the same. But in Seoul High, students can eat whatever they wanted. Some students prefer cafeteria foods which Jiyong scared to enter after the first day there because the prices were no joke. He thought he can eat 6 meals for the price of one meal there. Some prefer to bring their own lunches from home. Eventhough it’s only packed lunch, but Jiyong never saw ordinary lunch brought by the students. Their lunch boxes were decorated prettily and the menu wasn’t something a regular high school student could afford.

As much nervous Jiyong could get to be alone Sunye, he succeed to lift up an egg roll from the box.

“I made this by myself. I hope the taste is okay. Sorry if it’s bad.” Sunye said.

She cooked this? Wow

Jiyong cant help from being amazed by Sunye. She was completely a perfect wife material. It’s early to say about marriage but from what his mother always said, a wife should know how to cook. The long torturing lunch was finally ended but the bell ring was not heard yet. Being the friendly Sunye, she started to ask Jiyong questions about himself, his military academy and family. Jiyong could say that Sunye gave him the feeling of comfortable. She even told him about herself. That conversation really made Jiyong grew a deeper feeling for Sunye.

 

 

“Wow! Look who we got here? Omo! It’s Sunye.” Someone interrupted their conversation. When Jiyong looked in front of him, he couldn’t believe his eyes. After being in the school for few days already, he observed variety of people there. Coming from rich families, the students there dressed freely. They did wear uniforms but female students especially added a lot of accessories on their uniforms to upgrade the fashion. But none of them were as terrible as the girl who stood in front of Jiyong at that moment. She dyed her hair blonde, had very thick makeup with heavy mascara, small uniform with undone 3 upper buttons and super short skirt. In short, the girl was very y and too exposed.

“You got a new guy huh? Well, as I expected. Your taste is so low.” The girl continued while eyeing Jiyong from head to toe with arms crossed on her chest. Her two companions which Jiyong later realized they were there were chuckling which sounded so fake. They were no different from the main girl who just insulted Sunye.

“He’s my new friend. If you can excuse us, we have something to do. Let’s go Jiyong-shi.” Sunye said calmly before she pulled Jiyong’s arm.

“Whatever loser girl !” Jessica said right in front of Sunye’s face before she pushed Sunye harshly and walked away while flipping her hair.

“What the..” Jiyong couldn’t believe his eyes. He never thought a girl like her can exist. He wanted to stop the girl but Sunye needed his help more at the moment.

“Sunye-shi. Are you okay?” Jiyong asked worriedly before he helped Sunye stood up.

“Nehh. Don’t worry. Im okay.”

“She’s really terrible. Who is she?”

“She’s Jessica, Taecyeon’s girlfriend.”