CHAPTER 4

My Villain Girl

 

For the first time in Jiyong’s life he prayed that girls never existed. He always loved to appreciate the view and sound of nature where he learnt that God created nature for humans to be closer to Him and he thought that was his chance to know nature more after so long ‘jailed’ in the world of high society in Seoul High. But that pure intention of him was like trampled into ash as soon as he stepped into the jungle when his only companion there, the princess of Seoul High Jessica never had the will to close or even had the slightest thought of appreciating the beauty of the jungle. Jiyong was not a guy who easily got annoyed or mad but for the last one hour, Jessica kept complaining and yelling like there was no tomorrow.

“I will tell my dad that they dragged me to this stupid program. I couldn’t believe it. We could do other worthy things like vacation to Europe or America or whatever but instead, they drag us here to this ty jungle that I don’t even know where.”

That was one of the rants that Jessica kept babbling about. At first Jiyong didn’t care much and he didn’t even respond to Jessica because he set his mind to not get involved with Jessica more after what she said to him in the library. He focused more on the map and cleared the pathway for Jessica as she ordered him to and he unwillingly did. Besides, he knew his place compared to Jessica who basically owned their high school.

“Arghhh!!!!!!”

Out of nowhere Jessica screamed so loud that startled not just Jiyong but even the birds on trees who knew that their peace would be gone for the day. Hearing the scream, Jiyong eventhough how ignorant he was to Jessica along the way felt so panicked because he thought something bad happened to Jessica who was far behind him since the start.

“Gwenchanayo?”

Jiyong hurriedly went over to Jessica to check her up only to see Jessica stood there frozen while holding her hand high in front of her face. Her face all crunched up like she wanted to cry any moment that drove Jiyong to a more panicked state. He knew well how important of a person Jessica was in the school and maybe in the whole Korea since her family literally dominated Korea’s economy. In short, he will be dead if anything happened to her.

“I..”

“Waeyo. Did you get hurt anywhere?”

“I..”

“What?”

“I get bitten by mosquitoes. Look !”

No one spoke after that just breeze sweeping slowly through them. It took time for his brain to process the information when Jiyong finally lost it after Jessica showed him her hand that indeed had a mark of mosquito bite. Like 10 powerful bombs thrown to him in one go, Jiyong’s head felt like shut down almost immediately. All his tiredness and worries was like disappeared to somewhere far. He really couldn’t believe what he just heard.

“Nehh? Mos..quito?”

“Yah! Are you a pabo? Look, cant you see this? Such a beggar.”

Jessica suddenly burst her boiling temper to Jiyong who still trying his best to rearrange his composure back in one piece. People always praised him for his high patience eventhough in most stressful condition but this one; he honestly didn’t know what to react. Blame his ordinary life for never meeting a high socialite like Jessica.

 

“Kwon beggar! Do something about this or else I might die here.” Jessica shouted again that made Jiyong wondered where she got all those energy to shout non-stop.

“You wouldn’t die just because of mosquitoes bite Jessica-shi.” Jiyong tried to reason out patiently.

“Who says? People can die by mosquitoes. Don’t you watch tv?” Jessica said not trying to lose the fight.

“Mosquitos in jungle bring no harm.” Jiyong said.

“How are you so sure about that? This jungle might houses thousands of creepy animals that might harm me including this stupid mosquito.”

As the matured-thinking one between the two, Jiyong knew best to not further the argument since Jessica wouldn’t listen to him. He then rummaging his hand into the bag and search for the ointment he prepared for emergency case, as what Jessica believed.

“Here. Apply this on your hand or if you want your whole body so mosquitoes wont come near you.” With that, Jiyong looked back to his map. From the view of it, they were not that far from the base camp and for that he felt quite excited. If he needed to be honest, he really cant stand anymore second with Jessica there.

“What is this?” Jessica asked but no response from Jiyong.

“Yah! Is this some sort of cheap ointment you bought by the street? Over my dead body for me to use this cheap thing.”

Jessica arrogantly said before she threw the ointment to the ground.

“Depend on you. I never get bitten by mosquitos whenever I apply the ointment.”

Jiyong then casually turned around and ready to continue their journey again when Jessica started to screaming like a crazy spoiled girl behind his back. He knew somehow Jessica will use it if she really cant stand the itchiness. And his guess was true when after about 5 minutes of ranting and babbling by herself, Jessica finally silent. The journey continued without any communications from both of them except Jessica who sometimes snapped and got mad for trivial things that annoyed her.

 

“Arghh!!”

Jiyong sighed again when he heard another screaming from Jessica. Like it or not, he turned around to look at Jessica. Well, he had to since he was assigned to ‘babysit’ the princess of Seoul High. That was the first thing their teachers personally told him before the jungle-trekking.

“What is it now Jessica shi?” Jiyong asked with non-spirited voice. But his face immediately turned to a nervous one when he saw Jessica already sat on the ground holding her foot this time. Without wasting any seconds, Jiyong hurriedly went over to Jessica and squatted beside her.

“Jessica-shi? What happened?”

“My foot. I think it sprained.” Jessica said while refraining herself from crying.

“Let me take a look.” Jiyong said before he touched Jessica’s foot.

“Yah! Why are you touching me?” Jessica yelled after she slapped Jiyong’s hand away. At times like that, Jiyong really wanted to grab his sellotape and patch it on Jessica’s mouth.

“Im trying to help you here Jessica-shi.”

“But why you have to touch me, Kwon beggar? I don’t like to be touched by guy like you.”

As much as he felt insulted, Jiyong knew to control himself and can only pray that God still love him and prevented him from doing anything stupid to Jessica at that moment. Everything that came out from Jessica’s mouth sounded like a kindergarten’s kid’s words. In easy word, ridiculous.

“Then, you can wait here. Our base camp is not far from here. I’ll call for help.” Jiyong said before he stood up.

“Are you going to leave me here? Alone?!” Again Jessica used her highest pitch of vocal.

“It wouldn’t be long. Here, for your safety.” Jiyong gave a small knife to Jessica whose eyes already as big as a lost kitten’s.

“For safety? Seriously, are you kidding me? Don’t leave me here, you pabo!” Jessica shouted before she threw the small knife away and pulled Jiyong back to her side.

“But you said..”

“Do something about my foot. Hurry!” Jessica ordered before she folded the end of her pants higher.

 

 

With that childish argument, more to Jessica side of course, Jiyong finally gave up and made himself comfortable beside Jessica. He slowly removed Jessica’s shoe afraid that Jessica burst out in anger again because of the pain.

“Are you ready?” Jiyong asked.

“Ready for wh..ARGHH!” Jessica yelped in pain. Jiyong twisted her ankle to the left with a great force. Never in her life had she felt that kind of pain that she swore she nearly died.

“I think it’s okay by now.” Jiyong said calmly before he stood up. He always did that kind of thing though.

“Are you..trying..to kill me? You really..digging your grave now.” Jessica said with not enough air in her lungs.

“Let’s go. We don’t want to arrive there late.” Jiyong said heartlessly when he usually not that kind of person in the first place.

 

 

“I cant walk.”Jessica said slowly.

“What?”

“Never mind. Just leave me here and let those tigers eat me.” Jessica gave up before she threw all her belongings beside her. Her legs were killing her and she really cant walk any further.

 

 

With a heavy sigh and a tinge of pity included, Jiyong squatted down in front of Jessica. Being the well-mannered guy, he knew what to do at time like this. He was ready to piggyback her as long as they could reach their base camp as soon as possible. That action of Jiyong was enough for Jessica to know the meaning.

“Don’t tell me you want me to strangely hanging on your back. You watch too much creepy dramas. I knew it.” Jessica said in disbelieve.

“It’s called piggyback Jessica-shi.”

“Whatever you call it, it’s still an ugly sight. And I don’t do childish things like piggyback.”

Jessica smirked while folding her arms neatly and gave Jiyong an icy glare. Little did she know that her words contradicted with what she was doing and talking.

“Then, you can wait here. I’ll be back soon.” Jiyong said testing Jessica. A smirk formed on his lips once he felt a weight on his back. It amused him to see Jessica hoped on his back almost immediately right after he finished his words.

“You are going to die once we reached our base camp, Kwon Beggar. I promise you” Jessica threatened Jiyong.

“Hold tightly.” Jiyong said.

 

True to his imagination, once Jiyong and Jessica reached the base camp, students who already reached the base camp swooning around them with teachers being at the front. Everyone gasped when they saw Jessica weirdly piggybacked by a guy and it’s Jiyong, an exchange student. Jiyong sighed in relief that he didn’t abandon Jessica in the jungle. Judging by the massive reaction, he knew he will really dead if he left the precious VIP of school alone in the jungle. He made a mental note to not mess with Jessica in any ways. Jiyong left the scene silently before Jessica remembered what she warned him before the piggyback ride.

 

Jessica demanded to be sent to the hospital immediately because she believed her leg will become worsen if they delay the treatment leaving the teachers stuck in one corner. They knew once Jessica said something, it must be obeyed but the night was coming so it was quite impossible to go back to Seoul tonight. They tried to convince her that her leg was already okay and just needed time for the pain to subside. But Jessica is Jessica. So possible or not, they had to send her home tonight which satisfied Jessica.

 

While waiting for her driver to pick her up, Jessica decided to go to a small stream near the base camp which she found when she arrived there. People might say she preferred shopping malls than nature which was basically true but she never despised nature too. It was already late evening when she was alone admiring the clear water of the stream with fish swimming freely among the big rocks and was too engrossed feeling the water running through her fingers lightly. For a chaebol daughter, that was a rare sight of her to enjoy the simple thing such that. The wind in addition was just perfect to brush away her tiredness from being too long in the jungle. Despite this beauty of nature, she couldn’t help but remembered about Jiyong, the guy who for her was good-for-nothing.

Luckily im injured. I will make sure he gets it once we in school

Jessica felt annoyed just by thinking about Jiyong’s behavior during their trekking. Never in her life had a person treated her like she was nothing more than a piece of trash. To dismiss the thought of drowning Jiyong in the sea or pushing him from the top of 63 Building when she got the chance, she quickly reached her cellphone to call Taecyeon. She felt weird that Taecyeon didn’t even meet her right after the news she was injured spread like wild fire among the students. But blame fate when the signal reception in the jungle was horrible.

I always knew coming here is my most stupid decision in my life.

In the midst of cursing herself for her terrible decision, a faint voice can be heard not far from where she was sitting. From the sound of it, it was like 2 people were conversing. But, it was quite strange since from what she knew, it was a rest time for students after the tiring jungle-trekking so it must not be students yet alone teachers. Curious to know whose voice was that, she moved closer to peek and catch a glance of whoever that dared to break the teachers’ rule beside her. And her guess was correct when she saw a girl and a guy student were chatting beside the stream.

“Why do you refuse to believe me?” The guy said.

Jessica knew that voice and the figure so well.

“Because it’s impossible. You have a girlfriend, Taecyeon-shi. I..”

The conversation was cut when something happened between the two people that shocked Jessica the most. She couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw Taecyeon was kissing the girl who undoubtedly Sunye.