CHAPTER 6

My Villain Girl

The atmosphere in the bus was graveyard –like silence. No one was speaking. Well, to be exact, none of the 2 spoke since they were the only ones in the bus. Jiyong grew restless thinking how he can reach his home quickly after he sent a girl that he barely knew to her home. He was so sure his dad was already waiting at the front door by this time. Jiyong may come off as a tough real man but his dad was his weakness. Ever since he was a kid, his dad already taught him about discipline and such and how much he hated people who broke the rules. And in this case, Jiyong was the one who broke the curfew rule. That meant one thing only, punishment.

“This bus is so old and shabby. Why did you choose this bus?”

“Nehh?” Jiyong was dragged back into the real world when he heard that sentence from Jessica.

“Poor and deaf. What a good combination.”

I heard that. This girl really has a foul mouth.’

“Most of the buses in town are like this. This can be considered a good bus compared the ones in my hometown.” Jiyong answered honestly.

“This can be considered good? Are you kidding me? The chairs look like they can break anytime soon, the windows are all dirty like they have never been cleaned before and the bus driver. Why is he so old and ugly? I doubt he can recognize which is red and green on the traffic lights.”

Okay, that was exaggerating’ Jiyong can only sigh seeing how stuck up of a chaebol daughter Jessica was. Like he always said to himself, there was no point to argue with people like that.

“Stop here.”

 “What?”

“Stop this bus now. Poor, deaf and dumb !”

 

 

 

 

The two finally got off the bus after Jessica yelled at the bus driver who insisted he couldn’t stop there but Jessica was Jessica. She threw a 100 dollars note to the driver who immediately pushed the brake pad.

Jiyong felt relieved when he finally can breathe the fresh clean air outside the bus. But that was just a moment.

 “Err..Jessica-shi. Are you sure this is your house area? There are no houses here.” Jiyong was already restless. Not that he afraid Jessica will do something bad to him, like she can, but the area looked deserted and potentially not a stop area for bus. Jiyong looked to his surroundings. No bus stop at all and that meant one thing only, he could not go home.

“My house is in a private area. So the bus cant come in. You must send me until we reach my gate. You got it, Kwon Beggar?”

“My name is Kwon Ji Yong, Jessica-shi if you still don’t know. And im not a beggar.” Jiyong said patiently.

“Well, people who ride the bus to school are all poor. And you received scholarship right?” Jessica asked while they were walking together with her leading.

“Yeah, why?”

“See. You are a poor guy. So im correct.” Jessica said happily. Truthfully, Jessica never met or talked with people that were not in upper class in society. So anyone who don’t wear at least Prada considered as poor by her. That was why she herself felt super ridiculous and confused when she can talk to Jiyong that much and even asked him to send her home. That was so not her.

“Whatever.” Jiyong finally gave up and sighed for hundreds times that night.

“My legs hurt. Why is my house so far?” Jessica said before she abruptly stopped from walking.

Oh no. Don’t say she wants me to carry her.’

Jiyong pretended to fix his bag and busied himself with the strap to avoid Jessica’s gaze. Who knew, she will ask Jiyong to do ridiculous things again.

“Hello, ahjussi. Im near our house area. Come and pick me up….Do I have to tell you that? Find me by yourself…Now !”

Jessica ended the call before she cursed her poor driver.

“That old man seriously pissing me off. Is he that stupid to not know where I am?” Jessica mumbling by herself.

“You said your phone’s battery died.” Jiyong on the other hand was shocked to see Jessica casually dialed her driver and even asked him to pick her up.

“Did I say that?”

“Yeah. In the school’s clinic. You don’t remember?”

“Well, maybe my phone magically charged up by itself.” Jessica said nonchalantly like it was not a matter for her.

What?!! She’s really kidding me.’ By that time. Jiyong already lost hope to reach his home on time because he knew he will surely get punished at the end. While waiting for Jessica’s driver to pick her up, Jiyong thought about his day. What did he do wrong in the morning that he went through hell in the evening. Again, he can only sigh.

“Yah, Kwon Beggar. I warn you not to tell anyone about what happened.” Jessica said interrupting Jiyong’s thought.

“About what happened?”

“Poor, deaf, dumb and slow ! You know what is it but you just want to piss me off right?!” Jessica yelled angrily that startled Jiyong on his spot.

“Jessica-shi. It’s already night. Lower down your voice please.” Jiyong felt anxious with Jessica behavior.

“Do I look like I care? Besides no one is here except you and me.”

“Okay. But still, lower down your voice please.”

“Whatever. If you tell other people about what happened today, your life wont be smooth after this. You got me?”

“Yes Jessica shi.” Jiyong felt like all his trainings to be a real guy in his military school went to drain when he was easily stepped by Jessica. Well, maybe one of the reasons he didn’t fight her back because she’s a girl and he never experienced to deal with a girl before except his mom and that was a different case. But seriously, after he crossed path with Jessica, he just didn’t know why his luck seemed to be off.

“And for tonight. Don’t tell people that you are with me. I don’t want to be acquainted with a poor lame guy like you.” Jessica said snobbishly.

“Don’t worry. If people ask, I will say I don’t even know you.” Jiyong assured her. He silently prayed that he will never meet Jessica from now on.

“Good”

“And one more thing. Don’t have any weird thought about im asking you accompanying me home. Like I said, you are not my type.” Jessica arrogantly said while flipping her hair not forgetting to give a sharp glance to Jiyong.

“What?”

Their conversation or should we say warning-and-agreeing session came to a halt when Jessica’s driver arrived with the usual luxurious car. Without saying goodbye or even a last look to Jiyong, Jessica quickly got into the car and left Jiyong alone there.

Not that it will certainly occur, but deep inside, Jiyong really hoped that Jessica at the very least can offer him a ride. After all, he was there because of her. It might be okay if the area had a bus stop but Jiyong was more than sure that the buses already stopped their service since it was near midnight. Plus, he was not in a spot marked on the map of bus route.

Aish, that girl. Well, what do I expect from that villain?  Why did I even help her in the first place?

Jiyong had no option but to walk to the nearest, by nearest it meant 5km, bus stop hoping that maybe a taxi may pass by. It was a long night for Jiyong, indeed.

 

 

 

 

3 days passed peacefully with Jiyong like he prayed never met Jessica and his life as a student went smoothly. Taecyeon and Sunye relationship had become a buzz around the school. They now openly showed their affection towards each other which honestly killing Jiyong inside. Yes, he swore that he should forget about Sunye since she had a boyfriend already but that didn’t mean he cant be sad as his first love flew away. But Sunye didn’t know that. She even always greeted Jiyong in front of Taecyeon and sometimes ate lunch with him if Taecyeon was busy. On one side, Jiyong felt more than grateful. Even though Sunye was not his but at least he can enjoy his time with her. And like always, Seungri always bugged him about Jessica. Jiyong finally concluded that there must be something fishy behind Seungri’s intention for always wanting him to woo Jessica.

“She’s a perfect match for you.” As Seungri exclaimed.

“Seungri, please. I don’t know how many times should I ask you or beg you but I have no connection at all with Jessica shi. Why are you so persistent?”

Like usual they will always argue whenever Seungri brought the matter up especially during lunch.

“You might not believe me but I can see she’s your destiny.” Seungri said while munching his bread with a determined look.

“I even went to a fortune-teller you know.” He added.

“What? Why are you so concern about us?” Jiyong cant believe what he just heard. Seungri may be seen as a pabo in the school but if only they knew how worse he was, well, they could not imagine it.

“US? Did you just say ‘us’? As in you  and Jessica ‘us’? That’s step 1.” Seungri squealed like a girl while holding Jiyong’s hands.

“Get your hands off of me ! Look, for the 87th times, I gave up. You can think whatever you like. Im going first.”

Jiyong stood up before he threw his bun’s wrapper to Seungri.

“You may not believe me now. But she is really your destiny !” Seungri yelled to Jiyong who already far from him.

Well, just wait and see’

 

 

 

The next day felt a lot different from the days before. No more happy chats on the hallway, no more gigglings can be heard from the girls or even the playful boys teasing each other. Even the teachers’ smiles cant be seen on their faces that day.  Everything felt so tense right from the start of the day. That just narrowed down to one thing, the queen was back.

Hyorin and Hyuna were the most restless ones in the school. From the time Jessica didn’t go to school until she came back, they didn’t even meet her. Actually they felt the happiest with Jessica’s absence. They didn’t have to follow her around and obey her like pets to their owner, they didn’t have to be punished together with her whenever she bullied other students, they didn’t have to hear her complaints about Taecyeon being the bad boyfriend he was and most importantly, they didn’t have to fake their smiles and laughs whenever they talked to her. They grew tired of Jessica’s bossiness.

Jiyong came to school like usual, quietly and normally. Little did he know his life was going to change dramatically. He didn’t have the slightest idea the reason why the hallway he frequently passed in the morning was so quiet, well, people were actually murmuring with each other. Jiyong was walking casually while thinking about his study group with Sunye later in the evening. Just remembering that his spirit sky—rocketed and smile cant be put away from his face. But that small happiness was just for a moment when his light steps immediately stopped once he spotted the person he wanted to avoid the most in this world, Jessica.

She’s…back?

 

What he saw in front of him was something unpleasant. As taught in his military school, he was so quick to sense the danger that will come up just by seeing the 3 most well –known figures in the school, Jessica, Sunye and Taecyeon. Sunye and Taecyeon were standing next to each other while looking at Jessica who was giving her deathly glare towards them. Students in the hallway were so tense and in dilemma whether to walk away or be there at the scene and witness a soon-to-be-history of the school. Everyone was pretending they were busy with their works when their ears were completely ready to hear any conversation between the 3. Jiyong cursed his luck when he realized he was standing too near to them that he sure he will be spotted immediately if he didn’t go away.

 

 

“You both look good together.”

Jiyong heard Jessica said with a cynical tone. Jiyong didn’t need to be super genius to know how pissed Jessica was at that time when her ex-boyfriend was standing in front of her with her sworn enemy as a couple. And those words were like coming out from someone else’s mouth and not Jessica.

“Well, thank you.” Taecyeon finally said with his eyes showing no emotion.

None of them even moved. Jessica was still giving death glare like an Iron Man that can shot laser towards Sunye, Taecyeon’s expression still showed like he was talking with a flower pot and Sunye, she was just standing there with her eyes directed to the floor like there was something more interesting there than Jessica that was in front of her.

“Let’s go Sunye, the class will start soon.” Taecyeon said after like 3 minutes of deadly silence. He grabbed Sunye’s hand and walked passed Jessica.

 

 

“I..!” Jessica said with a loud voice that all students in the hallway can hear her. A smirk slowly formed on her face. Call it sixth sense whatever you like but Jiyong had uneasy feeling with what was going on in front of him.

I should really go’

Jiyong quickly turned away with anxious feeling just to be greeted by a person who was standing behind him. The impact of the collision made him fell on the floor and his beg which was zipped hastily in the morning snapped opened. A few stuffs in his bag were thrown out.

“I want to introduce you to someone.”

Jiyong who was apologizing to the guy he ran into just now still can hear Jessica’s voice. Well, practically, everyone can hear her voice in the hallway.

“My new boyfriend.”

Jiyong was busy shoving all his things into his bag quickly when Jessica’s voice seemed getting nearer to where he was kneeling. All this time, he never cared how many books he had to carry to school everyday though they were thick as encyclopedia as long as he can learn from them. But that day, he was cursing himself on why did he have so many unnecessary reference books in his bag.

Sound of footsteps was clearer and Jiyong’s ears which were as sharp as a bat knew they were going toward him. The silent hallway was not giving him any helps. The footsteps then stopped and he was right when he can see a pair of very expensive looking white Prada high heels stopped in front of him.

Owh my…this is not happening.’

Jiyong felt a hand landed on his shoulder. He turned his head slightly to his left to see a hand with nails colored with black and white with diamond-like decoration on the nails.

“..Kwon Jiyong-shi”

 

 

 

A unison gasp can be heard in the hallway. Obviously, no one even care pretending to be busy at that moment. The most shocking scene was happening in front of them. Even Taecyeon and Sunye’s eyes became large due to what they just heard.

 

Oh my God!!

Jiyong slowly lifted his face just to see Jessica’s smiling face just few inches from his. They were like communicating through their eyes with Jessica’s saying ‘you better act along or I’ll kill you’ and Jiyong’s ‘Are you kidding me?!’

 

“What are you doing on the floor, honey?” Jessica said sweetly before she offered Jiyong her hand to pull him up. Jiyong’s world felt stopped spinning when he heard Jessica’s words.

Jiyong’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped with the sudden attack of act from Jessica. But his shock expression couldn’t be continued any longer when Jessica roughly pulled his hand to make him stand up.

“Are you serious Jessica? I mean, since when?” Taecyeon finally gave his full attention towards Jessica that made her had a victory dance in her head.

“What do you mean by serious? Of course I am. You don’t have to know since when I fell in love with this great guy.” Jessica answered victoriously. She linked her arm with Jiyong’s who was still in dazed and stood there foolishly.

Honey? Love? Great guy?

“O..okay. Good..for you.” Taecyeon still doubting Jessica’s words. Being her friend for so long and her ex-boyfriend, he knew well that Jessica never laid her eyes on other guys than him and it was so shocking the hell out of him when she announced literally to the whole school that he was being replaced by a not famous guy from a military school who had no qualification in any ways to be beside Jessica.

“Well, if you excuse us..” Jessica said before she forcefully pulled Jiyong away with her and left the crowd still shock processing the piece of new they just received.

 

 

 

“You were kidding right Jessica-shi? Because I found it funny” Jiyong laughed awkwardly when actually his head felt like exploding any moments. He and Jessica, who was giving her full interest to her nails, were sitting on a bench below the tree he frequently sat with Seungri. They skipped their class due to the incident this morning. Jiyong never skipped his classes but his peace was more important than his records now.

“I am not. Why?” Jessica answered leisurely.

“Why? I should be the one who ask you that. The thing you said in the hallway...”

“Owh that. Well, congratulation for being my boyfriend.”

“Nehh?!”

“Why? You don’t like it?” Jessica asked angrily while crossing her arms across her chest.

“No, I mean yes. Wait..i mean..”

“Stop it! You are confusing me. You and I are a couple whether you like it or not.”

 “Since when?” Jiyong cant believe how casual Jessica answering him.

“Since this morning? Anyways, you should be proud to be appointed as my boyfriend.” Jessica said while stabbing her index finger to Jiyong’s chest.

 

 

“Wait, I think you are not clear with one thing. We cannot be a couple just because you want to. We..”

“Ahh ! You are so noisy! Look, I will have what I want. You got me? Now shut up and just follow my words if you want your whole life to be at peace.” Jessica raged out before she stood up and flipped her long wavy hair.

“But you said, I should act like we never met before. You even said..”

“Forget those words ! As I said, you wont regret being my boyfriend. And prepare yourself Kwon Beggar. We have a lot of work to do start from today.” An evil smirk appeared on Jessica’s face.

My life ends