CHAPTER 5

My Villain Girl

 

“Hey. How was your day with that witch?”

“Witch? Who?”

“Who else? The leader of all witches in the world. Jessica.”

“She’s not a witch. What’s wrong with you and your words?”

Jiyong and Seungri were sharing a room in the base camp. Since Seungri was the only friend he had in Seoul High, the only option he had for a roommate was Seungri. Ever since Jiyong entered the room, so many questions were bombarded to him by the unstoppable Seungri and all of the questions were about Jessica and him.

“Everyone calls her that. Well, it’s actually one of her nicknames.” Seungri said nonchalantly.

“Whatever.” Jiyong said while choosing a shirt from his bag.

“But I am asking you seriously. Anything happened between you and her in the jungle?” Seungri being the persistent one didn’t budge a bit from his paparazzi-like mode.

“We just walked through the jungle together if that’s what you mean by anything. Now go away.” Jiyong said before he pushed Seungri from his bed.

“Well, actually im glad nothing happened. But it is quite rare of her to let someone go that easy. I mean everyone at least get bullied by her once or irritated by her. Luckily my partner is Joohyun shi. She is an angel you know. I knew her long ago but she always got in first class. Well, it’s expected from a grade A student like her. You know, when we were..”

“Im going out for a moment. I’ll meet you at the gathering later.” Jiyong cut Seungri’s word not interested in whatever stories he was telling. He really needed a fresh air after stuck with Seungri and hearing his blabbering for more than an hour now.

 

 

And it was a very good decision of him. Once he stepped out from the base camp, he can inhale the fresh air of nature and served his eyes with the green pure surrounding. After minutes of walking he finally reached the small stream everyone was talking about and the teachers had been prohibited them to go to. Seeing the stream, he didn’t know what’s the rational of prohibiting the students to admire one of God’s gifts to Earth when it was very beautiful to begin with.

 

His moment of peace was then disturbed by the sound of someone running behind him. Looking at the direction of the sound, he can see familiar pink clothes.

Isnt that Jessica-shi? Why is she running?

Never in Jiyong’s life that he loved to be a busybody but that moment he was more than curious to know the reason why Jessica was looking down like that. Even looking from her back, he knew something was wrong. After spending hours with her in the jungle, he noted that Jessica was someone who never kept her head down. She was simply a proud girl to be exact who always looked high.

“Now you believe me?”

Jiyong heard a sound coming from not far from where he was. Judging from the hoarseness of the voice, he believed it was a guy’s. And true, when he looked at the owner, it was Taecyeon. But he’s not alone, he was with Sunye, the girl Jiyong had an interest on. However, Taecyeon and Sunye position were not really comfortable for Jiyong’s eyes. Taecyeon was holding Sunye’s shoulders while looking into her eyes deeply.

“I really love you, Sunye. I don’t care about Jessica. In fact I never cared about her more than a friend should.” Taecyeon said in his pleading voice.

“But you are his boyfriend. I don’t want to be the third person between both of you.” Sunye still debating about the idea of following her feeling. Undoubtedly, spending time with Taecyeon in study sessions, volunteering events and even during the jungle-trekking, Sunye couldn’t deny she was attracted to Taecyeon. But she was not sure whether it was worth to try since Taecyeon was still Jessica’s boyfriend and she knew how Jessica will react once she found this out.

“But the one I like is you. Please. At least give me a chance.” Taecyeon asked honestly. Looking at the pure eyes of Taecyeon, Sunye slowly melted.

 

At far, Jiyong’s eyes widened when he saw Sunye’s hands slowly creeping to Taecyeon’s back and hugging him slowly. But her expression that time was confusing. She was smiling lightly but her eyes showed worry.

Are they a couple now?

 

 

Few days later

 

The school going on like usual after the camp in the jungle where most students were complaining about the hardship they went along the stay there which honestly wasn’t that hard if compared to what military students like Jiyong went in camps. Nothing much happened around the school besides Taecyeon being overly attached to Sunye making everyone so curious about their relationship. Jiyong on the other hand was healing his heart for losing the chance to confess his love towards Sunye when he thought the growing friendship between him and Sunye might be a stage for him to express his feeling. But seeing Sunye was happy beside Taecyeon, it made him felt relieved and happy for her too. Maybe his first love was not destined for him. His friendship with Seungri was getting better even though Seungri always annoyed him with his non-stopped mouth and always asked to accompany him wherever he went. Despite that, he knew Seungri was a good buddy.

 

Among all the happenings in the school, only one thing made everyone curious yet happy inside; Jessica’s absence. She usually skipped her school whenever she wanted but from what Seungri told Jiyong, Jessica never ditched school for more than 3 days continuously. Jiyong, who was not in any ways a friend of Jessica didn’t care about her absence. In fact the whole school felt relieved that she was not there going around the school and humiliating people like she always did. But there was something bothering Jiyong; the reason why Jessica suddenly disappeared.

 

Rumor was going around that Taecyeon ditched Jessica and went to Sunye. As a witness of the evening’s incident near the stream, Jiyong believed it had something to do with that. He didn’t know what happened earlier in the evening between Taecyeon and Sunye that made Jessica ran away looking sad. But he was so sure it must be something to do with breaking heart. Even when Jiyong reached there, Taecyeon already confessed his love to Sunye.

 

Seungri on the other hand kept pestering Jiyong to spit out the truth because he believed Jiyong was one of the reasons Jessica didn’t show up at school which for Jiyong was totally ridiculous.

“Are you kidding me? I am no one for her to be bothered by me. Think before you talk.” Jiyong said while rolling his eyes disbelieved.

“But you were the last person with her in the jungle. It should be you.” Seungri said confidently.

“You are accusing me? Seriously?”

“Half accusing and half stating the fact.”

“Why are you bothered by her absence anyway? You said you hate her.” Jiyong reasoned out.

“When did I say that? Now that we call accusing.” Seungri rebutted.

“Says the one who always talks bad about Jessica-shi all the time.” Jiyong said before he continued his reading which was stopped by Seungri. It was recess time that both of them spent it on a bench under a shady tree. It was peaceful to be there because there were no students around and the wind from the football field was calming.

“Okay I don’t like her but that doesn’t mean I hate her. She’s just sometimes violent. And being her classmate for years now, I feel weird without her. You know, she hates school the most. She even said it when we were asked to do our self-introduction in front of the class. But the strange thing is, she never absents this long. You should be worried, dude.” Seungri said.

“Again, why should I ? The way you talk, you are the one who seem worried about her.”

“You don’t understand. From my experience, this must have meaning. You see that Ok Cat and Sunye-shi? They are so close now and it’s behind Jessica! What if she found out? That could be a disaster to this school you know. Taecyeon is her only friend here.”

“Only friend? But I thought she’s always with those 2 girls. I don’t know their names. Arent they friends?” Jiyong was shocked to hear that. He always believed Jessica was a popular figure in the school.

“But she never treated them like friends. They are more like her followers. Hyorin and Hyuna dads are working under Jessica’s dad. So if they..aish. You wouldn’t know if I tell you business stuffs.”

“Now cant you see your foolishness?  If even Hyorin-shi and Hyuna-shi are not considered as her friends, then how about me? The guy who only cleared the bushes for her in the jungle? Stop making some weird connection between us. You make yourself look stupid.” Jiyong said. Actually he never understood why Seungri always tried making him to go to Jessica or contact her when she’s not even his friend. They even came from different classes.

“No. You must grab this chance and this is the start of your fate, buddy. Believe me.” Seungri said with all his seriousness while holding Jiyong’s shoulders tightly.

“Now what fate are you talking about? The recess is over. Let’s go back to our classes.” Jiyong shrugged Seungri’s hands off and finally gave up to understand the complicated thinking of Seungri.

Andwae, this cant be happened. I must help these 2 together.’

 

 

 

It’s been more than 2 weeks the school was in peace without Jessica’s attendance. Everyone felt like everyday was heaven and they can do anything they want. Even teachers were seen smiling all the time. Within this period, Taecyeon already declared to the whole school that Sunye was his girlfriend which shocked everyone. Most of them knew that they were an item long before the announcement though judging from the way they always together whenever they went. But it’s still a shock since Sunye was always been the good girl but she now had been labeled as the snatcher because she took Taecyeon from Jessica. And much to Jiyong’s despair, his stage 1 friendship with Sunye was buried just like that when one day Taecyeon met him just to threaten him to not get near Sunye anymore. Like it or not, Jiyong had to obey it. He’s only an exchange student after all who was sent by his original school to write reports about experience in a prestigious private high school like Seoul High. So from then, Jiyong only focused on his assignments and his academics.

 

 

It was another usual night Jessica spent alone in the club she always went to, drinking until she passed out and picked up by her chaffeur. One can say, she was so messed up for a high school girl. Students of her age didn’t even allow to come to a night club in the first place, but she got the access easily due to her background. It’s obvious why she always wasted her time there and the reason was Taecyeon. True, he had called her numerous times but she never picked up. She knew it was all gestures of fake caring from him. Why bother call when he kissed another girl behind her. And to make it worse, the girl was her enemy, Sunye. Never in her years of life did she imagine that Taecyeon will go away from her life and now that happened, she was drove into an empty world. In normal days, she would easily face Sunye and give her a painful lesson but she knew well it would only made Taecyeon angrier with her. She didn’t know why she acted like she was the one who had faults now. Maybe she was just afraid. Afraid of losing the only guy she had and that’s why she was avoiding to face Taecyeon.

 

Jessica sighed while pouring another glass of alcohol. She was alone at the table, ignoring the stares of people who wondered why she always came there every night unaccompanied. After drinking her 11th glass of alcohol, she finally reached her limit. Her tears suddenly flowed without stop and her head was already leaned against the table.

“I..am..such a loser.” Jessica said in between her hiccups. She was really drunk that she cant even lift her head up. All she wanted to do was sleep and wait until morning came.

Then a few girls came up to her.

“Well well. Look who we got here? Jung Jessica. The heir of Bank Korea I should say.”

Hearing the voice, Jessica slowly opened her heavy eyelids. There stood in front of her, Uee and her companions. Uee was actually the daughter of Pledis Bank which was the 2nd largest bank in Korea after Korea Bank. And naturally, they were destined to be enemies ever since they were kids again. Even their fathers were not in good term with each other. Uee and Jessica never attended the same school because they disliked each other that much but they knew each other presence through social parties. As a part-time model who stood at 173cm tall, Uee always been Jessica’s rival in term of beauty and that made the fire of jealousy between them stronger.

“What the hell do you want, Uee?” Jessica tried her best to not look that weak in front of Uee. She was so sure Uee didn’t come to that club but now there she was.

“Nothing. Just want to see how pathetic you are after being left by Taecyeon. I heard he’s with Sunye now. Good for him though. At least he got a nicer girl.” Uee said mocking Jessica further. Uee and Sunye were not friends but she didn’t hate Sunye also. From what Uee knew, Sunye was just an ordinary girl even though she came from a high-class family. So that meant no threat for her unlike Jessica who kept dissing her whenever they met.

“Tch. Where did you get that stupid rumor from? Im still his girlfriend.” By now, Jessica had regained her consciousness just to have a fight with Uee.

“Poor you. You attend Seoul High right? My cousin attends there too. And she said Taecyeon already declared his relationship with Sunye. How come you don’t know?” Uee said before she laughed and followed by her friends.

“That’s..bull.” Jessica said couldn’t believe what she just heard. The evening incident near the stream quickly flooded her mind. She knew something going on between her boyfriend and her enemy but she couldn’t believe to the extent Taecyeon will declare their relationship. The whole school knew Jessica and Taecyeon are a couple. By doing this, the only one who will be left to embarrassment was Jessica.

“Whatever. Keep drinking and be a loser here. I don’t want to waste any more time with you.” After felt that she had irritated Jessica enough, Uee finally disappeared with her cliques.

Taecyeon…’

“F**k !” Jessica yelled loudly before she threw the glass she held onto the floor which shattered into pieces similar to what her heart felt right then. She couldn’t believe what Taecyeon had done just for her enemy. All these years, she never looked at other men but Taecyeon. Eventhough he never treated her as a girlfriend but she didn’t mind that as long as Taecyeon still be beside her. But now, all her trust was gone.

I have to see the proof myself

 

 

 

 

“Why do you suddenly want to join me tonight?” Jiyong complained when Seungri decided to join his night study at the school’s library. Usually, Jiyong preferred to study alone without any distraction but with Seungri beside him who always nudged his side, he really couldn’t stand it.

“Because tonight, she will be in charge here.” Seungri said happily while eyeing Joohyun who was studying behind the librarian desk. He used a big book to cover his face which actually not useful since Joohyun never looked at his way.

“So? Arent you guys friends? Go talk to her.” Jiyong said annoyed with Seungri always saying how beautiful Joohyun was, how diligent she was in studying or how polite her uniform looked.

“We are not friends…yet. But I’ll make sure she will be my friend. Owh do you see that? She just smiled to the cleaner ahjumma. Isnt she an angel?” Seungri said while showing his hopeless smile with hands clasping together while looking at Joohyun dearly. Jiyong can only sigh seeing how sick in love his friend was.

“Whatever, you know you are really..”

“Wait! Isnt that Jessica?” Seungri cut Jiyong’s words dramatically while pointing to someone behind him. And true enough, when he turned around, he saw Jessica with her casual clothes walking so fast before she reached a table near the window. For a student who absent for days now, it’s surely a shocking appearance of her there. After a closer look, there were Taecyeon and Sunye who Jiyong and Seungri didn’t realize there were there earlier.

 

 

A loud bang can be heard echoed in the silent library when Jessica threw a thick encyclopedia book she got from God knew where into the table with a ready-to-kill gaze to both Taecyeon and Sunye who by now looked shocked and afraid.

“Long time no see, Taecyeon. I heard you have a new girlfriend now.” Jessica smirked while eyeing her victims sharply.

 

 

 

Jiyong on the other side of the library could predict what will happen next. He really didn’t want to get involved in the nerve-wrecking scene between the 3 famous students of Seoul High. He was there to study in the first place not to be the witness of the third world war so that every single soul in the school will attack him with questions the next day.

“Yah, let’s go. Im tired already. Pack your things up.” Jiyong said before he stuffed all his books into his bag.

“Don’t you see what’s happening now? It’s the most awaited moment in Seoul High history and you ask me to leave when this is once in a lifetime chance?” Seungri exaggerated while showing his most-shocked face.

“I don’t care about any history in Seoul High. Now you have 2 options, you pack your things and follow me or pick up your bag and leave with me now.”

“Too bad buddy, because I care. Im here in Seoul Institute since I was freaking a kindergartener. And your options are invalid. Here, your bag. Go straight to the door and never look back.” Seungri pushed Jiyong who was really pissed with Seungri’s attitude.

“Okay, fine. Anything bad happens dont search for me.”

 

 

 

 

“J…jessica? W..what are you doing here?” Shock can be clearly seen in Taecyeon’s eyes. But nevertheless, his hands were quick to hide Sunye behind his big tough body.

“So this is true? You left me and go to this ?” Jessica still maintained her monotone voice.

“Jessica..actually I..” Sunye tried to explain herself.

“You shut up, !” Jessica suddenly yelled. The echo resonated in the big library. Eventhough it’s a well-known rule in library that silence was practiced, nobody dared to even step out to remind Jessica about the rule, even Joohyun couldn’t.

“Jessica! Slow down your voice. This is library.” Taecyeon warned.

“Do I look like I care right now? Tell me, is this true?” Jessica demanded.

“Yes. I am with Sunye now.” With a defeated tone, Taecyeon finally told the truth.

“W..what? Y..you..” Jessica thought the world was collapsing on her. Everything seemed blurry in her eyes. She couldn’t believe she was betrayed by her own boyfriend whom she believed she will tie the knot of marriage someday.

“I like Sunye. In fact I started to love her. I know this is wrong and you feel betrayed but please don’t blame Sunye because im the one who at fault here.” Taecyeon desperately explained.

Jessica thought she heard it wrong. Even at time like this, Taecyeon still protect Sunye in front of her. Now it downed on her, Taecyeon really lost from her grip.

“You cheated on me!” Jessica shouted.

“I never cheat on you because I never loved you!”

“W..what?”

“I never loved you Jessica more than a brother should. You are the one who forced this relationship and I didn’t have any options back then. I know this hurts you but please just let me go Jessica. And more importantly, you have to free yourself from this stupid mindset of yours. We would never work.”

As much as Taecyeon hated to say that, he had to. He really had to insert some senses into Jessica’s mind that she didn’t own him. Ever since they were child, Jessica always stick beside him and believed she will marry him someday which in some ways burdened him. Even the boyfriend-girlfriend thing was decided by Jessica.

With that, Taecyeon grabbed his and Sunye’s bags before he pulled Sunye’s hand and exit the library leaving Jessica fuming in anger alone. She was really mad that her body temperature even rose according to her feeling. Not just angry, but she felt embarrassed too. After the long hiatus from school, she came there just to be insulted and humiliated by non-other than her own boyfriend.

You really seek for your death Taecyeon

 

 

 

Yobeseyo? Seungri-ah. Are you still in the library?

Anni. Im on my way home. Wae?

I left my History book on the table. Did you perhaps see it?” Jiyong asked on the other line.

Im not sure. Anyway, that is not the important thing now. You just missed the hottest scene in the century.”  Seungri said in his usual over-excited voice whenever he just witnessed a scandal.

Im not in the mood to hear anything.”

It’s not just anything, man. It’s about Jessica and Taecyeon ! You surely..”

Okay then if you didn’t see it. I’ll search for it myself.” Jiyong cut Seungri’s words before he off-ed the line. He was waiting for the bus in front of his school before he realized that he left his book in the library. He planned to just ask Seungri to take it for him but hearing Seungri’s answer, he knew better not to depend on him. Sometimes, it’s just freaking annoyed him whenever Seungri tried to tell him about people that he didn’t even know their existence in the school. Well, he knew about Jessica and Taecyeon but he didn’t even have the slightest interest about their complicated relationship.

 

With heavy steps, Jiyong had to move from the bus stop and enter the school again. He had to since he will have History class the next day and there were lots of homeworks to be done. Luckily, the school library still opened and he easily found his History book on the table he previously occupied. Without wasting his time, he exited the library quickly afraid that he will miss the bus. There were only few buses stopped at Seoul High bus stop in a day. It’s actually not a good spot for bus to stop since people rarely stopped or took the bus from there. Most Seoul High students either had their own drivers or cars for their transport. It was okay to say, Jiyong was the only human being in the school that took bus to school. Of course sometimes Seungri offered him a ride but usually, Seungri’s schedule’s and his were different. Seungri always went late to school but went back home early. Only recently that he was amazingly kind to accompany Jiyong studying in the library. Maybe it’s because his recent love interest was a regular visitor in the library too.

 

While running passing through the hallway, Jiyong suddenly heard a loud shattering noise coming from the left direction that made him stopped his run. The noise was like glasses being broken onto the floor. It made him wonder where that noise came from. Looking at the left, there was only one door there which was female toilet so hesitantly he went nearer. It was not his nature to meddle into others things but the breaking noise was followed with a weeping voice that he doubted whether he’s the only one who heard that noise. With zero belief in unseen creatures, Jiyong knew it wasn’t ghost or anything similar to that. The weeping voice got clearer as he approached the door.

His hand was already on the door knob but he was reluctant to enter since it was female toilet and it was an obvious rule that the entire world knew that males weren’t allowed in female toilets.

A peek would do.’

Believing there might be something serious happened inside the toilet, Jiyong decided to push to door after confirming no one was there at the hallway. The scene that welcome his peek was shocking and at the same time, frightening. There was blood scattered on the floor together with broken glasses. The big mirror that usually hung above the sink was also broken. He then fully pushed the door opened and again he was shocked with a girl’s presence there.

“Jessica-shi?”

If Jessica didn’t utter a thing, Jiyong will completely believe there was ghost there ruining his belief for almost his entire life. Who wouldn’t when seeing Jessica with her usual thick make-up already ruined and there were black stains under her eyes like she was crying black inks. Her hair was also in mess which simply said, it was not like the usual perfect pretty Jessica.

“Jessica-shi. Gwenchanayo? What happened?” Jiyong was worried seeing Jessica’s state like that. She was like just hit by a storm. He remembered seeing her in the library just now with Taecyeon and Sunye but now she was standing in the female toilet alone with worrying condition.

“Your hands..” Jiyong was terrified when he finally noticed blood coming from Jessica’s hands.

“We have to go to the clinic now.” Jiyong didn’t even know whether the school’s clinic was still open or not but it was the nearest place that had medical necessities that can treat Jessica’s wound. He then grabbed Jessica’s arm but only to be rejected by Jessica.

“Jessica-shi..”

“Get out.” Jessica said with quivering voice. She was covering her face with her long hair.

“What? But your hands are bleeding. We need to treat them immediately.” Jiyong said concerned. He was concerned giving that someone’s hand was bleeding and he assumed it was due to the broken mirror.

“I said get out !” Jessica finally yelled to Jiyong. It’s not Jiyong’s hobby to be yelled by women and he was totally pissed by Jessica’s treatment to his offer.

“But your hands..”

“I said get out you fool !”

“Okay.That’s it. Im leaving.” Didn’t know what hit Jiyong’s head that he easily agreed to Jessica’s foolish order. He never left someone irresponsibly like that but maybe due to his own anger he decided to just leave Jessica there. When his hand already ready to pushed the door open, he heard a sob coming from behind him which he sure was Jessica’s.

Stubborn girl.

He turned around and saw Jessica wiping her tears that made her make-up worse. She was looking at her bleeding hands while crying slowly. Jiyong sighed seeing that. With a determined spirit, he grabbed Jessica’s arm and pushed her forward to the door.

“Save your scolding later.”

 

 

 

 

“Ouch! That hurts, you pabo!”

Another grunting escaped from Jessica’s mouth. Her hands were being treated by Jiyong in the school’s clinic that Jiyong daringly broke into since it was originally closed. Luckily there was no glass pierced into Jessica’s skin that the wound cleaning was much easier.

“I look terrible now. You!” Jessica suddenly yelled at Jiyong.

“Yes?” Jiyong was hesitant to reply Jessica.

“Don’t you ever tell people that you saw me in this state.” Jessica warned Jiyong.

“What state?” Jiyong said not looking at Jessica but focusing on bandaging her hands.

“My..ruined make-up and hair. Especially my eyes!” Jessica said slowly while turned her head to the other direction hiding her face. She couldn’t wipe them off properly since her hands were injured. It can be said Jiyong was the first guy to see him in her worst condition. But nothing she can do to correct it.

“Nehh? Of..of course.” Jiyong was temporarily speechless there with Jessica’s unbelievable warning. Out of all warnings he ever heard in his life, that was the most ridiculous one.

“I know what to do if you dare telling people about this. You got me, Kwon?!”

“Yes Jessica-shi.”

Only God knew how stupid their conversation sounded right then.

 

 

 

“Okay it’s done.”

Jessica pulled her hands roughly and examined the bandage on her hands. Never in her life she dared to risk her pretty hands over something but due to her anger and stress over Taecyeon and Sunye’s issue, she didn’t realize she already broke a big mirror in the toilet with her bare hands. And that’s when Jiyong, whom she never paid attention to before but she knew his existence after the jungle trekking came into the toilet. It was just unbelievable and ridiculous in some way. Out of all people in Seoul High, why it had to be Jiyong, the guy who she thought just a mere poor student and didn’t deserve any recognition by her. Yet, he dragged her there without worrying what will happen if he did anything wrong within the process of bandaging her wound.

“Why do you help me?” Jessica suddenly threw the question while Jiyong busy arranging the tools back into their boxes.

“We are not that close. We are not even friends. But you helped me.” Jessica stated.

“Isnt it natural for a person to help another people who are injured?” Jiyong reasoned out. That’s honestly the reason he was helping Jessica. The condition of Jessica’s wounds were serious that he knew going to hospital will take much more time and Jessica will lose so much blood. Luckily he had little knowledge in medicine that he knew how to treat a wound.

But Jessica didn’t buy that reason. She never got helped by people without intentions behind it for whole her life. People always took advantage of her status and money.

“You liar. You helped me because you need something from me right?”

“What? Jessica-shi, it’s up to you to believe it or not.”

“Are you perhaps, wooing me?”

“Nehh?!” Jiyong cant believe his ears. After being accused for taking advantage, he was defamed for being Jessica’s admirer for the second time. Jiyong can only sigh with her thoughts.

“It’s getting late. I think you need to go to your doctor for further check-up Jessica shi. I’ll go first.” Jiyong took his bag with him and ready to leave.

“Yah! How dare you leave me like this? Im a patient here.”

It wasn’t sure whether her injured wound also damaged her brain, but Jessica did stop Jiyong from leaving her and even making excuses for him to accompany her. It was so not her to chat so much with guy like Jiyong who wore nothing branded on his simple body.

“You said you will call your driver. You can wait here. Nobody will realize.” Jiyong replied while watching his watch.

“Oh my ! I will miss the bus.” Jiyong hurriedly stood up and went to the door. The last bus to his home will be in another 10 minutes. If he’s late then it will be a long night for him to be lectured by his dad.

“Yah Kwon Beggar ! “ Jessica yelled which stopped Jiyong from leaving the clinic. She stood up and went nearer Jiyong.

“My driver is on holiday. I have no one to pick me up.” Jessica lied.

“But you said your driver is ready to pick you up when you call him. Go give him a call. Im so late now. I have to catch my bus.”

“He’s in his hometown in Busan. Of course he couldn’t pick me up.”

“Take a taxi then.”

“I don’t know how to take a taxi” Jessica said but it’s the truth this time.

“How about bus?”

“No.”

“Give a call to your friend then. Im sure your friends have car.” Jiyong was already restless knowing he had not much time left.

“My phone’s battery died.” Jessica lied again.

“What? Are you serious? Then what should I do?” Jiyong couldn’t believe what’s happening to him.

“Send me home.”