Epilogue

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me and my Honey

 

“Wakey wakey eggs and bakey.” Victoria whispered to a sleeping Khun.

The members had to let her into their dorm once again, as she always does. She knows 2PM’s schedules by heart since she and Khun had finally come out hiding. The more she came by their dorm, the more open it was for her. No one minded. She picked up the messy clothes scattered on his floor. She pulled up the blinds to let morning sunshine in. She heard him groan in grumpy grogginess.

“You have a free day today.” She told him as she folded up his clothes neatly like any mother would. Sometimes she felt like his mother rather than his girlfriend.

“What time is it.” He mumbled, burying his face in his pillow. He didn’t like it that she always barged into his room without prior warning.

He refused to budge. She sat on his bed and began to massage his back. She always did this when he wouldn’t get up. It always worked like a charm. He squirmed like a little baby.

“It’s 8:30 and it’s a special day. Wake up.” She whispered into his ear.

He smiled amidst sleepiness but sat up and hugged her like a toddler would to his mommy.

“Or did you forget?” she told him in a suspecting tone.

“It’s unfair I can’t barge into your room on mornings to disturb your sleep.” He complained.

“Disturb?” she repeated, in an offended tone. “Fine, I’ll go.” She got up but Khun pulled her back by holding her hand. He kissed her cheek lovingly and put his lips against her ear.

“Happy anniversary.” He whispered.

It always baffled her that no matter how long they’ve been together he still manages to make her heart pitter-patter as if it as some kind of high school love. It has been one year since they’ve become an official couple. Still together as strong as ever, with the engagement still on.

“We have a lot to do today, I’m going to finally meet your dad and the rest of your ancestors tomorrow we have to go shopping now.” Victoria snapped back to reality and pulled both his arms out of the bed.

Taecyeon and Wooyoung came in with tousled hair and in pajamas.

“Oh tomorrow you’re going to Thailand right?” Taec said, holding a bowl of cereals.

“Hyung, tell your sister Nin to come here.” Wooyoung chided. He liked to tease Khun about his sisters because he knew he hated it. Khun threw a ball of sock at him.

“Is it the first time she’s meeting your dad?” Taec asked, feeding himself a mouthful of cereal.

“Yes it is.” Khun finally stood up and stretched.

“Oohhh.” Taec and Wooyoung chorused.

“Take a shower and get dressed. I’ll be fixing everyone’s room.” Victoria said and marched towards the door.

No no no no noona no!” Taec and Wooyoung followed her out the door, pleading and stopping her. It has always been her habit to clean everything in sight. Her favorite was Taec’s room because it was the messiest.

After Khun had gotten ready, he realized he still had something important to do before announcing to his family about this engagement. He looked in the mirror and asked himself if he was ready. He knew he should have done it a long time ago but circumstances have prevented him to do so. He came out of his room to find Victoria being swarmed by s in Taec’s room. Chansung, Junho, Wooyoung and Junsu just stood there outside, merely watching the havoc in Taec’s garbage of a room.

“No you can’t touch those!” Khun heard Taec complain.

“Taecyeon I know you have a huge stash of I already saw it the first time I cleaned.”

“Is it done yet?” Khun asked the others.

“No, you missed the good part. She obtained his Spongebob boxers and he refused to let her put it in the hamper. There was a lot of chasing.” Junsu said, eating on a sandwich as they watched the scene.

“Come on baby doll, it’s time to go.” Khun told her. She had vinyl gloves on and a face mask.

“Thank god! Take this woman away!” Taec exclaimed, thankful at the sight of Khun calling for his girlfriend.

“I’m not done with you!” Victoria pointed a finger at Taec as she exited his room.

As usual, the members applauded and clapped their hands just like a good audience after a good movie.

“Good show, good show.”

“That was better than last time in my opinion.”

Afterwards they all dispersed and went back to each of their individual morning routines.

“Listen I have some unfinished business I have to do. I’ll let Minjae hyung drive you to the mall and you’ll wait for me there. I won’t take long. Alright?” Khun told her as they went outside.

“What? What business?” she asked.

“Just something I have to fix. It’s important. I’ll meet you in a while.” He said and kissed her forehead before handing her to his manager, who was waiting in the lobby.

As soon as Minjae took her away, he dialed on his phone and went to the basement parking lot where he had parked his car.

“Hello, hyung?” he said as soon as Siwon answered the phone.

“Oh Khun. Are you coming over now?” his handsome voice on the other line said.

“Yeah. Is it too early, or—“

“No we’re all awake now. He’ll be here.”

“Thanks. I’m on my way.”

Khun started his car and drove as fast as he could. He wasn’t nervous, but he was hoping for a good outcome. He wasn’t doing this to make himself feel better, he was doing this for her—for Victoria. It’s the least he can do to show that he was a man. He didn’t practice or think about the lines he was going to say, he just knew that he knew what he had to say. As fast as lightning, he arrived in front of Super Junior’s dorm. He has been here before, although he was only close to a few members. He didn’t know why he hadn’t done this a long time ago. He ran up the stairs and rang the doorbell. Siwon opened the door.

“Wow you’re fast.” Siwon greeted him.

“I kind of have a busy day today.”

“Come in.”

He stepped inside and breathed deeply. He wasn’t sure this would end successfully but he knew he had to try. Siwon coked his eyebrow up, signaling him to go into the last door on the hall. Khun nodded and went.

Kyuhyun was still in a wheelchair. Although he can already walk in a stable pace, he still needed more time to heal, especially since his hip is now fractured. He looks like he’s been waiting for someone. As soon as Khun came into view, Kyuhyun looked up from the newspaper he was reading and let him in.

“I’m sorry for imposing on you like this.” Khun began.

Kyuhyun said nothing but waved him off.

“You were coming here to fix things, huh?” Kyuhyun had figured it out before he even said anything.

“Yes.”

“I have some words to say myself but you can go on first.”

Khun cleared his throat and swallowed his pride.


“I’m sorry. If I had done or said anything that caused a disparity between us, I apologize. It wasn’t right to fight with you like that, it just…she’s really important to me. I know she also means a lot to you and I regret for doing those things that hurt her. But I love her and I will always protect her.”

“I understand where you’re coming from. You hit me because it angered you to know that I had slept with her, my best friend. That’s understandable. However, you knew that she did that because she was angry at you—“

“I know that.”

“—and I don’t regret doing that.”

Khun tried to hold his fists and hold back his nerves. He was not going to lose his cool; not in front of a guy in a wheelchair. He just Kyuhyun continue.

“I love her. I always have…but sleeping with her wasn’t the best way to prove that. However it made me realize that I wasn’t the one for her. It was painful for her, but it was more so for me. But what I found out is that she trusted me enough. She relied one me enough. And if you were to disappear, I would be the first one to take your place.”

Khun had to laugh. “Probably. You’re the only person she trusts besides myself.”

“Which is why the next time you ever hurt her or make her cry even once, I am not kidding, I will steal her from you. I don’t care if you’re married or have kids, I will pursue her even if it means I have to do it in this wheelchair.”

“That’s a deal.”

“Now, I know you’re still not comfortable with me, and I still don’t kind of trust you, but I do hope we can be civil with one another.”

“I want to be civil with you. You are important to her and I respect that. You don’t have to like me at all. You will be invited to our wedding.”

“Really? You’re not afraid that I will object t it in front of all your families?”

“You wouldn’t do that…wait…would you?”

It was Kyuhyun’s turn to laugh.

“Even if I want to, I couldn’t. It’s her happiness that I want to put first. And it hurts my ego to say it but you’re her happiness. She finally found it.”

Although they’re never going to be best buds in the future, it was clear that they both reached an understanding, and it was all for the sake of the girl they loved. It’s amazing what love can do and what it can turn people into. It makes people commit a lot of mistakes but in the end, we learn something from it and it makes us a better person. Khun came out of that conversation a better person. Kyuhyun also felt better even though he was still recovering. With the blessing of Pastor Siwon, the quarrel between two foes has come to an end, finally.

Khun hurried back to Victoria’s side. He didn’t know if he should tell her what he just did. He figured that if he told her, she would be all excited and make him and Kyuhyun best friends and make them go on guy dates together. He didn’t want that happening. He just didn’t want any conflict arising when they’re both married. He didn’t want to be jealous of him forever, and he simply didn’t want to give the two of them doubts anymore.

“Where exactly have you been?” she greeted him as they met in front of a café in the mall.

“I’d tell you but then I’d have to kill you.” He joked and placed an arm around her.

“I’m nervous about meeting your dad tomorrow. I mean, I’ve met everyone else except him.”

“You’ll be fine. My dad is just like me. Just think of me as an old guy.”

As they went shopping, a few sneaky paparazzi followed them around. This wasn’t the first time it’s happened but it still invaded their privacy. As they walked the streets outside, they were still being followed around.

“Should we separate ways?” she asked him, wanting to avoid the hawks.

“Why should we? We have nothing to hide.” Khun said coolly, strutting with an air of arrogance.

In the middle of a crowded and populated place, people stared, gawked and ogled at them. And though it did not feel good to both of them, it gave Khun a sense of courage and boldness. Take photos all you want, Khun thought. He stopped in his tracks, and pulled Victoria close to him.

“What are you doing?” she whispered in panic. Cameras were clicking.

“Making the world jealous.” He smiled and then kissed her, in the middle of a public place.

The world didn’t end. No havoc was wreaked. Everyone went on with their lives. Because the truth is, love always prevails. It may be bumpy along the way but in the end, love will always succeed. It is not meant to be suppressed or hidden; it is not meant to be denied or kept. It is meant to let the whole world know of it. They both realized in that public kiss that they didn’t have anything to hide after all. Everybody had secrets, and everybody had something to be ashamed of.

Everybody’s got something to hide except me and my honey, Khun thought.

They’ve been though enough tests and tribulations but it was just the beginning. The only thing important now is that all was well.

All was well.

 

****************************************************************************

Final Song:

Marry You - Bruno Mars

 

Author's Message:

Dear frequent readers,

You cannot fathom the depth of my gratitude. I really cannot have continued this story if it hadn't been for your sweet comments and feedback. It comforts me to know that I'm not the only one who supports Khuntoria being real (because I know they have many haters) and this is the only outlet for me to profess my love for them.

There was a time when I thought of stopping, I think it was during that long period wherein I didn't update. But seeing as a lot of you believed in the power of this story, I decided to soldier on. I owe my creative juice to all of you, to everyone who stuck by this fanfic from the very beginning.

This won't be the last fanfic I will write. As soon as time permits me, I will write again. 

I send you all virtual hugs and kisses. I wish I could reach out to everyone but believe me, this message is just as heartfelt and real.

Again, thank you all and goodbye. Until my next fanfic!

xoxo

Ella