CHAPTER 1

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me and my Honey

 

The filming was energetic as usual. Victoria and Nichkhun were always eager for this show since it didn’t feel like work to them. They personally enjoyed each other’s company but the only thing they didn’t like is all the cameras and the people following them around. If only they could escape the public eye. The crew was in Namsan again, and the couple just finished a dinner date and stroll around the night scene of the hills. The staff started wrapping up and the two were just there, sitting on a bench wrapped in their own little world.

“Do you have a busy day tomorrow?” Nichkhun asked.

“No, actually I’m free. Starting tonight until tomorrow.” She replied rather happily.

“Really? Then we can stay together for awhile longer, right?”

“Like, out?”

“Yes. Would you like that?”

His eyes were so full of eagerness and fire, she could totally see right through them. She wanted to spend more time with him too of course. She couldn’t deny to herself that she liked the way he touched her and talked to her. She hasn’t felt like this since her ex-boyfriend broke up with her. She was afraid that this fictional relationship is beginning to become real.

“Yes, yes I would.” She smiled.

They both snuck away from the crew and told their respective managers that they’ll be out late. Nichkhun’s dream of running away with her eventually came true. The night was still young so they had a lot of time to share. At this point, Nichkhun already has a car of his own, an Audi in fact. And it turned Victoria on to an inexplicable level by seeing him drive in it. She sat on the passenger seat comfortably, and watched him turn the engine on.

“You look cool right now.” She blurted in a soft voice.

He looked at her with an impish expression. You don’t look so bad yourself, he thought, loving the way her top hugged her torso. That body is to die for.

“Where should we go?” he asked her.

“Uhmm…a movie?”

“Okay. Then maybe we should go to a small mall from the far end of town so that there won’t lots of people.” He said quite confidently.

“Alright, let’s go.”

“This is a date right?” he asked as he drove in increasing speed.

“Yes…why?”

“Nothing. I want to remember this first real date.”

“We’ve been on tons of dates though. This won’t be awkward.”

“I know, but this is like for real. We’re like a real couple now.” He chuckled.

“Yeah I guess this is for real now, huh.” She said meekly.

“Why do you sound unsure?”

“It’s not that, it’s just…overwhelming?” she giggled.

What a y laugh, he thought. People thought her laugh was weird but he found it adorable.

“Should we be real?” he asked, his eyes fixated on the road.

The traffic light blinked red and they halted for awhile. They looked at each other, through piercing doe eyes, the glow from the streetlights from outside bouncing off their pale skins. It was a magical moment and a magical question.

“Should we?” she returned the question, grinning like a little girl.

Nichkhun showed a crooked smile and took her hand. He held it in a way that his fingers are intertwined between hers. The traffic light blinked green and he used his free hand to drive the car.

“Victoria is mine.” He simply said while holding her hand.

She felt her heart melting like honey. The answer wasn’t direct but she knew what he meant.

They drove in the parking lot at a local mall, far from the urban area. They both put on hoodies so that they wouldn’t be recognized. Not immediately, at least.

Fortunately, there were only a few people in the mall so no one really paid any attention to the tall couple. They hurriedly bought tickets for a romantic movie without any distractions. They held hands the whole time of course. They sat in the dark cinema with huge grins on their faces.

“Ah this is more like it.” Nichkhun whispered.

The movie has already started and during the entire film, they held hands, rested on each other’s shoulders or leaned against each other. They looked like an official couple indeed. To their delight, they were the only ones inside. Had they been a couple that had been dating for a long time, they would’ve done something that’s meant to be done in a private place.

When the movie ended, they rushed back to the parking lot.

“Should we eat something? Like street food?” Nichkhun suggested, opening his door.

“Oh let’s!” she exclaimed.

The next thing they knew they were at a small street food stall along the street of Hongdae, sitting at a small table with soju and various spicy food in hand.

“You drink a lot, don’t you?” she asked him, watching him chug down the alcohol.

“I used to, when I was younger. But now, not so much.”

“I know you used to play around a lot when you were younger. I’m your wife after all.” She joked.

Nichkhun got a tissue and wiped the corner of her sultry lips. He wanted to do unimaginable things to it.

“I don’t play around now. I have you.” He said.

Normally, coming from an ordinary guy it would sound greasy but coming from him it sounded so…pleasurable to her ears.

They toasted to their marriage again and again. They both handled alcohol well, but no person would be exempted from the power of soju. Both their white faces turned reddish after a lot of shots and they were buzzed as well.

“You look drunk.” She laughed at him.

“I’m not.” He said defensively.

“Your ears are like tomatoes.”

“Don’t!”

Nichkhun complained while covering his ears. The more people noticed his ears the more it turned red. Victoria was amused at this so much. She grabbed Khun’s hands so that she could see the redness. It was burning red now.

“You are so cute!” she squealed.

“Stop it” he said shyly, truly embarrassed. 

“What are your habits when you’re drunk? I mean, everyone has one.” She asked, wiping the sweat forming on his temple.

“Hmm I’m noisy and I don’t make sense. Oh and I like to touch.” He said menacingly and elaborated the last part. Victoria got the point.

“Oh really now? Well I hit people when I’m drunk.” She retaliated, amused at his boyish move.

“You’ll hit your husband?” he pouted with puppy dog eyes and leaned forward towards her. Victoria put her hands on his face and squished it like mothers do to their babies.

“Aigoo so cute” she exalted.

“If you call me cute one more time I will have to kiss you.” He said in a serious tone.

Victoria blinked and stared at him for a nanosecond and realized how serious he was. She covered his lips with her hand.

“Be a good boy.” She said in an aegyo tone.

The store was about to close so it was time for them to go as well. They walked to his car in a drunken and dazed state while they were arm in arm.

“Are you okay to drive?” she asked.

“Of course. I just need to freshen up a little, let the buzz fade.” He replied.

They hopped inside the car and were quiet for awhile, just sitting there, unmoving.

“I don’t really want to go home yet though.” She blurted out.

“Me too.” He agreed. “Why don’t we park at the hilltops and just watch the night sky?”

“Oh I’d like that.” She agreed, despite her buzzed feeling.

Ever so carefully, Khun drove to the hilltops, where many couples drive by. They parked near the edge so that they could see the breathtaking view of the city lights. They stayed inside the car because it was already freezing outside.

“Reveal one thing about yourself. A secret.” Khun suddenly suggested.

Victoria was a bit taken aback but since they’re at a new level of their relationship now, she let her guard down.

“I promised myself that I won’t fall in love again. My ex-boyfriend for two years broke up with me because he got tired of me. He just used me for awhile, but in the end he wasn’t happy.” She confessed, while Khun looked at her intently.

“So…you can’t love me?” he asked, sounding almost like a little boy deprived of love from his mommy.

“No, it’s just that—“

“I can be a good lover you know.”

Victoria chuckled and lightly hit his arm. Of course she knew he could be a good lover.

“What I meant was, I’m afraid of getting hurt, not of falling in love itself.” She clarified.

“That’s good to hear.” He sighed in relief.

“Your turn. Reveal a secret.” She tossed the dare back to him.

“That’s easy. I want to kiss you so bad right now.” He said straightforwardly.

Victoria almost choked on her own spit. She froze for a quarter of a second and blinked her bulbous eyes. Before she even realized it, he was leaning in towards her face, ever so slowly. The highlight here is, she’s not backing away. In fact, she stayed still, as if waiting. Then, as they stared into each other’s eyes, he moved closer and closer, inch by inch, until finally, the space between their lips was gone. Together, they closed their eyes. At first it was a soft, brushing of lips, but then it turned into an innocent open mouth kiss.

Khun’s lips felt like warm jelly, something juicy to chew on, Victoria thought. Victoria’s lips felt like silly putty. Supple and something made to eat. After a few seconds, Khun backed away by a couple of inches to see her reaction.

“Did that surprise you?” he whispered, slightly laughing.

“A little bit.” She replied shyly.

“If you’re uncomfortable, it’s okay I won’t force you. I’ll stop.” He said in a gentlemanly way. Victoria found this amazingly sweet.

Before Khun could completely back away, she gently pulled his head back towards her and kissed him again. This time, they both slipped in the tongue. Goosebumps crept all over Khun’s white skin. Victoria felt a tingle in her tummy, a feeling she was familiar with, and she missed this as well. Hello again, she thought. Khun’s hands traveled from her hair, to her face and eventually to her waist. Victoria’s hand stayed where they were firsthand—his nape. She would occasionally scrunch his hair, which turned him on. This girl has had some experience, Khun thought happily. Their tongues rolled over each other like dancing eels. They both knew that the other has had experience in this, so it’s not like this was a PG-13 movie.

Slowly, Victoria backed away, pursing her rather wet and raw lips. Khun was a bit of a biter. He was obviously still wanting for more.

“It’s time to go home.” She whispered seductively into his still open mouth.

“No” he refused, pressing his lips against hers, hoping for more.

She giggled and just hugged him. It felt so nice to hug him; he was muscular and fit yet still soft enough to be huggable.

“We should go back. We’ll see each other again anyway.” She said as-a-matter-of-factly.

She wasn’t gonna lie to herself; she enjoyed these kinds of things too. Her womanhood blossomed because she and her ex-boyfriend did a lot of these things and more. She had needs too but it would be too soon if they do the deed then and there.

Khun made a cute whining sound. Kind of like a baby.

“Alright. I’m sad.” He sighed, not letting go of her.

After much aegyo and a little bit more of kissing, they drove back to the city with happy hearts. Khun dropped her off at her dorm. He wanted to walk her to the entrance but it would be too risky.

“Goodnight. Thanks for today.” She said and gave him a quick peck on the lips before getting off.

“Goodnight.” He said, smiling the kind of smile that girls swoon over.