It's up to Taemin.

OPPA! Make me a woman!

 

Previous chapter: “Or you’ll do what exactly—” the guy then got pulled back by Hong Ki and was furiously punched in the face. My mouth gasped shocked. And after that, the other two guys came in and went straight for Hong Ki. I would’ve stopped them but Taemin suddenly covered my eyes. All I could hear were the sounds of the punches and kicks... the grunts and groans. It was frightening listening to it, that I covered my hands onto of Taemin’s.

 “Argggh!” A voice grunted, which sounded like Hong Ki’s voice. I quickly took Taemin’s hands off and ran towards Hong Ki.

“Hong Ki!!”

--

As I ran towards Hong Ki, I felt a slight gush of wind fly pass me. I turned to my side, and saw a teacher run ahead of me. “Hey! What do you guys think you’re doing!” the teacher said furious, breaking the two guys away from each other. He ordered the other school boys to go back to where they came from, eyes full of fury, he turned to look at Hong Ki. He mouth was moving, but I couldn’t make out the words. Hong Ki turned around, head bowed down and brushed straight pass me with the teacher tailing him.

--

Taemin and I sat in the seats and waited for Hong Ki in the principal’s office. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen to him, it was more like I didn’t want to find out. The door suddenly opened and my head popped back up, it was Hong Ki. “Let’s go.” He whispered.

We walked in silence, Hong Ki was walking in front of us. Not saying anything. Just silent. I wasn’t sure if I should have asked why he did it. I wasn’t sure what to do. I wanted to know. Why he would get himself in trouble?

“Go.”

“Huh?” I surprisingly blurted out. He turned around and gave me a look, it wasn’t a happy one… nor a angry one. It was just like a stare, blank.

“Your head is probably full of questions you want to ask me. So go, shoot.”

I was so sudden by his words, I didn’t know how to react. But I pulled myself together, “Why did…why did you do that?” I asked nervously but was serious.

“Because, it’s what I do. I’m like this.”

“What do you mean you’re like this?” my mouth kept on blurting out stuff and my voice became more louder.

He stopped walking, which made me brake. “I’ve always been like this. This is how I am.”

“Well you should be more careful, you could get hurt. Hong Ki… I’m just worried about-”

“Don’t. You don’t have to worry about me.” He shot back. My heart sank at that moment. I was trying to look out for Hong Ki, but all he did was just cut me off and throw it back at my face. It was like, no one has ever been worried about him before. Maybe that’s why he’s grown up like this.

I decided to walk even faster, passing Hong Ki. I just don’t understand what’s going through his head. I want to, I want to help him. He’s family after all. I turned around and made eye contact with him, “You can change, you just haven’t tried.”

--

At the dinner table, it was silent. I angrily ate each spoonful of rice while staring at Hong Ki. I could see from the corner of my eye that Taec was giving Taemin confused looks. I squinted my eyes, as if I had super vision and scanned Hong Ki’s brain. Couldn’t read his mind. Suddenly, Hong Ki got up which made my head tilt up, still glued onto him. “I’m done. Thanks.” He walked to the kitchen to load his dishes then to his room.

Taec turned to me, “So how was school-”

“I’m done too! Thanks!” I angrily said and shot up from my seat.

“Um… okay.” Teac said blankly and whispered something to Taemin right after I left the room.

 

Taemin:

“Is it just me, or are they acting weird.” Taec whispered.

“I just hope they thought this out.” I ignored Taec, dazed in thought.

“Huh, what? What do you mean?”

I sighed.

--

Noona and Hyung haven’t spoken to each other for a week. They would always go "Taemin... can you tell Hong Ki..." or "Taemin, can you tell Ji Yeon...". It's like I'm their messenger, even though they are right next to each other and can hear themselves clearly. They would stomp around the apartment all angry, and Taec and I would just sigh hoping it would all end soon. One reason why Noona won't talk to Hyung is because he hasn’t been doing well in school lately, which is making Noona more angry. He goes out during school and gets into more trouble. Sometimes he would come home with bruises on his face and arms but act like nothing happened. Even I’ve come to the point where I’m worried about him. I just hope they make up soon, I don’t like this silent treatment. Especially when I’m stuck in between ):

But it’s okay, I got a plan. Taemin to the rescue!

--

Ji Yeon:

“Argh! Sport, I hate sport!” I said to myself frustrated. I gave a glare to Hong Ki, who was with his group of friends. Hm, decided to not skip school today did we? “Hmph! Who cares about him? I sure don’t.” I started doing stretches on my arms, not taking my eyes off his every move. His was talking to our classmates, laughing, messing around. He sure seems happy today, not like the last time I talked to him. I then started impersonating him, making him sound all foolish and corny. I’m so angry at him, I will never talk to him again! I scrunched my face really tight, trying to squeeze all my hatred I had of him. I then relaxed my face and opened my eyes again, seeing Hong Ki looking my way. I panicked and pretended to stretch again. Soon he looked away and I started shrieking to myself frustrated.

--

Today we had basketball. Girls vs girls and boys vs boys. The boys went first, and Hong Ki (who was probably trying to show off) kept on scoring and running pass the opponents. All the girls were shrieking going "Ah! How cool!" and other things like "How hansome, go Hong Ki!". I just crossed my arms and gave them looks as if they weren't from this planet. If they knew who he was really like, they would think twice about what they say. When the game finished, all the girls ran over to Hong Ki and offered him bottles and towels. He smiled and did a giggle and accepted them. Yes, you read right. Smiled. And. Giggled. That is so not what I remember him being a week ago. My jaw dropped open and saw the numerous girls fall weak at their knees. I slowly shook my head in denial. This cannot be happening, who is this monster!?!?!

Next it was the girls. I lazily walked onto the court and acted like I was playing when I was just a mere outsider, trying to be invisible. Well, that didn't work because one of the girls passed it to me when I specifically gave hand signals to not. I didn't know what to do with the ball, so I just bounced it and ran to the hoop. Then, out of nowhere one of the girls that was hanging around Hong Ki pushed me and I ended up sliding on the floor. 

I just layed there, everyone whispering and the girls giggling at me. The girl smirked and walked off. Hong Ki just smiled, and this was when I really started to hate him even more. It's like I don't even know him, more like I never knew him from the start. Here I am, just laying here while everyone is having their fun humiliating me. I've come to the point where I don't even care no more... Fine Hong Ki, you win.

--

Sport finally finished, and I was so tired as I tried to catch my breath. I never done so much sport in my whole life. I did so much because hopefully I could distract my mind and not think about how much I loathed Hong Ki. It didn’t really work, since I’m thinking about it now. “Hey Ji Yeon, could you take the balls in?” The sport teacher instructed, I sighed but agreed anyway. I started collecting the balls and walked to the shed. I unloaded all the balls into the basket. Satisfied with my work, I wiped the perspiration on my forehead. I froze when I heard footsteps coming my way. I slowly grabbed a ball from the basket and turned around while throwing the ball. Bang, then the ball fell. I covered my mouth and gasped.

“Thanks, I really needed a ball hit into my face… no really, thank you so much.” He sarcastically said.

“Oh, so now you’re talking to me again?” I crossed my arms. Still angry about before. I decided to not give eye contact to him and stare elsewhere. 

"Oh crap, I'm bleeding." He said to himself.

"Haha, very funny Hong Ki. Like I'm going to believe that." I gave him a smirk and turned to face him. But what he said was true. "Oh my god, you are bleeding!"

--

I watched Hong Ki as he placed the bandaid on his forehead. I sat on one of the blocks while he sat on the one across from it. I cupped my face with my palm, while having my arm lean on my knee. Hmph, as if he started bleeding because of my puny throw. I gave him a stare, what? now he's acting like before didn't happen. Well played Hong Ki, you should be an actor. I didn’t realize that I was staring at him until he gave me a look back. I leaned back up and faked a cough. “Hey…” he muttered,

I turned to look at him. “This reminds me of the time we first met, you remember? With the bandaid and all…” I pouted my lips, trying to think of that time. I then remember,

“Oh yeah… wait.” I paused, trying to reminisce it more. “You were such a meanie back then, walking off with your attitude. Saying how you always get yourself in trouble and…” I slowly trailed off. He laughed, oh my god. Not that again. I glared at him. I've come to lost count at how many times I've glared at him during this week. 

“Well… I think the next lessons about to start, we should get going.” He nodded, and we walked to the door. I turned the doorknob, but it wouldn’t budge. What the… I tried again, but it didn’t work. I turned around and smiled nervously to Hong Ki. “I think we’re stuck in here.”

“You have got to be kidding me…”

Taemin:

“Hello! Hello! Anybody there?” Hong Ki yelled out, banging onto the door. I gulped, but quietly walked off, with the key in my hand. Sorry Noona, sorry Hyung. But you guys have to talk, you have to stop fighting.

 

--------

HEY EVERYONE, SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE. Such a bad update... ): sorry sorry sorry. please forgive me TT__TT.