Welcome Home.

OPPA! Make me a woman!

Miss Lee and I met up again at the same cafe. I’ve finally made my decision, I won’t turn back now.

‘So... have you made your decision?’ Miss Lee asked out of curiosity.

‘Yes, I’ve made up my mind.’ I answered, being all serious. ‘I accept your offer.’

Miss Lee signed, feeling the stress off her shoulders. ‘Thank you so much, I am so ha-‘

‘Let me get this straight.’ I interrupted. ‘I’m not doing this for you. It amazes me that I even accepted this offer. But you know who I’m doing it for? I’m doing it for your son. Why? I don’t know. I guess...I pity him because he has a mother, who doesn’t even want to see him as her child. She doesn’t even want to know he exists. Therefore, I pity him because he has a mother that is still alive, but she wants him to be out of her sight. I pity him, because even his own mother doesn’t want him. Your son doesn’t deserve to live a life like that; he deserves to have a family that loves him.’

I sighed; man did I speak a lot. But all of it was true. Her son deserves to have a family, he deserves to be loved.

Miss Lee was speechless. Her eyes widened as she starred at me, lost in thought. was slightly open, forming the shape of an ‘O’. It was as if she was trying to speak but no words were coming out.

‘...Does your son even know about all this?’ I questioned, crossing my arms.

She shook her head, indicating a ‘no’. Aish...the nerve of this woman. This is just unbelievable, how did I get myself involved?

‘Well, since that’s the case, before I am going to accept him. You gotta tell him all this.’

Miss Lee looked so depressed. Her shoulders were slouched and her hair was a mess.

‘Okay, I will.’ She whispered.

‘Until then, here is my address.’ I handed her a piece of paper with my address on it. ‘Goodbye Miss Lee, this will be the last time we see each other. I’ll be waiting for your son’s arrival.’ I got out of my seat, and walked. Until I finally realized something, I turned around and looked at her.

‘What’s your son’s name?’ Babo, I should’ve asked this at the beginning.

It took a while for her to reply. She took a deep sigh until she finally told me. ‘His name is Taemin. Lee Taemin.’

‘EHHHHHH!’ I yelled, causing pairs of eyes to look our way. Taemin? That mushroom dude! Omo, it’s gotta be a coincidence! I betcha there are lots of guys called Lee Taemin, it’s gotta be a mistake...

‘Wae? Do you know him?’ She questioned.

‘Ahaha...’ I nervously laugh ‘I’m not sure.’

‘Well if you did, then that would’ve made things a lot easier.’ She said, trying to smile.

Make things a lot easier? How can it...? Things are already hard as it is. How can something like this, even be easy to start with?

‘Okay, I should get going. Goodbye Miss Lee... I hope you’re happy in the end.’ I murmured, continuing to walk.

‘Thank you.’ She whispered, as I opened the door.

I walked out, waiting for the door to slowly close behind me. And then there was complete silence. I just stood still, trying to figure out what just happened. Trying to retrace the beginning of how this all happened, but honestly I couldn’t remember. So many things have happened, that I can’t keep track. The only thing that I can remember right now is... that I have a half-brother. And he is going to be living with us. And he has the name as Lee Taemin. Meaning...HE MIGHT BE THAT MUSHROOM DUDE! If he is...what’s going to happen?!

Follow your heart.

The advice from the glasses girl appeared back in my mind. Okay, I accepted Miss Lee’s offer, therefore I have to accept the consequences. I put myself in this mess, therefore I can’t escape. Park Ji Yeon, get ready... because we’re going to be going on a roller coaster!

 But then again, this might be the beginning of a new family. Me, Taec and Taemin, a family. I want to be a good Noona to Lee Taemin, and make him feel loved and feel like he is accepted. I want to make him happy. I want the memories we are going to have, to replace the pain and heartache still left in his heart.

Walking home, I had a smile on my face. I feel like I’m doing something good. This smile of mine, it can’t be erased. It won’t.

 ---

I told Taec about us having a half-brother. He was shocked at first, then angry, and then he suddenly got depressed. Then happy and excited. Whoa, mood swings much? But in the end, he was cool with the idea. He even made a rap about it, which lightened the mood up a little bit. It still feels kinda weird, it’s been 16 years, and now I finally find out that I have a half brother? Who knows, there might be other secrets too... that are yet to be found out.

---

It’s been a week, and our half-brother still hasn’t come yet. I wonder what happened... did Miss Lee lose the paper I gave? Maybe, she changed her mind? Maybe, Taemin doesn’t want to come! Omo, the last prediction is the worse! If Taemin doesn’t want to come, I am going to kick his a-

Suddenly the door bell rang.

‘I’ll get it!’ I yelled across the room while running to the door bell, dodging the stuff on the floor.

I opened the door, and there standing in front of me...

‘Hello Noona!’

I smiled, relieved.

‘Welcome home.’

 

------

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Feels good to finally have one half-brother done.

One down, two to go! Ehehehe, I hope you guys are enjoying this. I'm sorry if this took so long ><

In the end, A BIG FAT THANK YOU to my subscribers for their support and comments. 

It gives me motivation to keep updating you guys with chapters. ENJOY! TAKE CARE! :D