Follow your heart.

OPPA! Make me a woman!

The sentence kept repeating in my head. All this time I was denying the fact that my dad isn’t a monster, that he didn’t knock this woman up, and that she didn’t get pregnant. But there was one thing that I forgot; it’s that her son is my half-brother. I have more than one brother now, and it’s because of my dad.

Miss Lee cleaned herself up, and looked me in the eye. ‘If you are going to change your mind, here’s my card.’ She slides the card to my side of the table.

Without thinking, I picked the card up and pushed it inside my pocket. I left my seat, taking one last glance at Miss Lee, I left.

---

I couldn’t sleep at all last night. The conversation I had with Miss Lee kept repeating in my head. I still couldn’t believe that I have a half-brother, one I still haven’t met yet.

School went slow today. Every time each teacher opened their mouth, it was as if the words were being dragged along, like slow-motion. When I was walking through the hallway, the sound of students whispering grew louder and louder, to the fact that I could hear every single word they were saying. Glares grew more disturbing and soon, it felt as if the whole world was against me, even my dad.

My dad? Who knew that he would do such a thing? Leave me, Taec, even my friken mum! For some other woman. Aish, who knows how many he knocked up altogether, who knows.

I felt the card still in place inside my pocket. I’m still not sure why I took the card in the first place, I should’ve thrown it at her face, why didn’t I...? Even I can’t answer that.

‘Park Ji Yeon.’ The teacher called me. Turns out class finished and I was the only one still stuck on my seat.

‘Could you please bring these books to the library, they are new and we want to put them on the shelf.’ He handed me the heavy pile of books, and I smiled and nodded.

Taking little steps, I tried not making any books fall. How heavy are these? Why did we have to buy new books, when we have a whole library of books? I tried taking a peek at the covers, but the tower of books were too tall for me to take a glance. I can’t even see where I’m going.

I step into the world of books, also known as the library. Shelves were neatly lined up, and the books were alphabetically sorted. Tables were assigned in the middle, for any students studying or reading. And the counter was closest to the door.

I tried navigating myself, using my senses. ‘These are the new books I was told to bring.’ I informed.

‘Ahhh~ there they are, thank you.’ The librarian thanked. ‘Soon-Kyu, can you come to the counter please.’ She said through the microphone.

Suddenly a girl ran to the counter. I turned my head, trying to see what she looked like. She wore thick black glasses. Her hair was chocolate-brown with curls bouncing on her shoulder as she ran. She was about the same height as me; she had a nice slim figure too. She had the appearance of a doll, she was so pretty.

I was admiring this girl, so dazed in thought. Until... it hit me. It was that weird girl that clashed into me, and caused me to be late at class and becoming Pikachu! It’s definitely her!

My eyes widened, my hands started shaking, causing the tower of books I was holding tilt to one side. I went back to reality and balanced the tower. I wonder if she recognises me. Wait, of course she would. She knows my name after all.

‘I-I’m here!’ She stuttered, catching her breath.

‘Could you please this young lady and help her put the books up on the shelf?’ She asked.

‘Um...yes. Of course!’ She turned to look at me, and showed me the way.

Aish, why do I have to do this? My face was covered by the height of the books, that I couldn’t quite see where I was going.

‘Here, let me carry some!’ She smiled, picking up some of the books, slowly revealing my face, she realized it was me. Our eyes were locked on each other, which made her panic.

‘P-P-Park Ji Yeon!’ She finally realized, covering because she yelled in the library.

‘Yes, it’s me.’ I whispered. ‘How do you know me?’

She looked another direction, ‘I’ve heard about you from other people.’ Ahhh, of course she has.

She helped me put the books up on the shelf. ‘I’m surprised...’ She mumbled. ‘I thought you would yell at me or something like that. From the rumours I heard, but I guess I shouldn’t listen to them.’

‘I don’t normally do that. Everyone calls me the ‘non-sociable one. And, I’m kinda having a really bad day, that’s all.’ I muttered, sliding back down to the ground leaning on the book shelf.

‘Do... you maybe wanna talk about it?’ She asked, sitting down next to me.

‘Well... I found out about something, like really shocking. And I just don’t know what to do. I don’t know what’s the right thing to do.’ I hesitated, putting my legs up, so I could lean my head on it.

She placed her hand on my shoulder. ‘Follow your heart.’ She advised.

I lifted my head up and looked at her. This girl, who I barley know, gave me advice on my life problems. The only person at school who has really helped me and didn’t trust those stupid rumours.

I’m think... maybe, I’m starting to trust her a little.

---

School ended slowly, and painfully. But that girl helped me get through it. What was her name again? See-hyun? Soo-ying? Aish, I can’t remember.

I took out the card Miss Lee gave me, and stared at it.

‘Follow your heart.’

I took out my phone and dialled the number. After a few rings someone picked up.

‘H-H-Hello? Um, it’s me... Park Ji Yeon. Um, yeah. I thought about it. I would like to speak to you in person. Okay, yup... okay bye.’ I hanged up and took a deep sigh.

There’s no turning back.

 

---

Hello there! :)

Yay, I finaly figured out how to write this chappy up!

This fan fic is taking longer than I suspected. But I hope you like it!

Comments are nice, thank you for reading! ^______^