What is Love?

OPPA! Make me a woman!

As I gently rest my head on a tree, I listen to the sweet sound of the birds chirping. Chirp... chirp. I close my eyes and decided to let reality take me away as I quietly fall sound asleep. Then, when I wake up, a beautiful handsome prince is before me and takes out his hand.

‘I love you, Park Ji Yeon. Let’s run away together on my beautiful magical white horse and together we will live happily ever after!’ The prince says in delight.

‘Oh, I love you to Prince! Yes, we shall run away together and live happily ever after!’ I reply back and grab a hold on his hand.

And together we rode on his white horse and lived happily together, after. HOHOHOHOHOHO!

“Hohohohohohoho~” I say in my sleep only to feel the painful thud on my head. I suddenly wake up “Owwww! That hurt.” I whine putting my hands on my head. “That’s what you get Park Ji Yeon for sleeping in my class!” The substitute teacher spat. “Detention for you during lunch” And the whole class had a laughing fit.

Dammit. Why did I have to fall asleep when we had a substitute teacher today? Our normal homeroom teacher doesn’t care when I do it. Aishhh, don’t ever sleep during classes when you have a substitute teacher, especially when they are the mean ones. And why didn’t anyone wake me up? Some classmates you are. I always thought all the classmates stick together and gang up on the substitute teacher, guess not in this case.

After lunch ended I walked back to class. On the way, I overheard a girl confessing to a guy. And I’m headed right towards their way! I didn’t want to interrupt, so I hid behind a wall until they were done, not eaves dropping. Just doing them a favour.

‘Oppa, I have been feeling this way about you for a long time. I really like you, and I want to go out with you... do you feel the same way?’ The girl asked, with innocent eyes.

‘.... yeah, I do. I really like you too. Do you... maybe wanna walk back to class together?’ The boy said red in embarrassment and they both walked off holding hands.

I slump down to the ground, dazed in thought. Love, I wonder what it really is. The only love I ever experienced... were the ones in my dreams. Wait, even that probably doesn’t even count. I envy them, they look so happy together... and hey, I wasn’t tryna eavesdrop! It’s just, I wish I knew what love was. What it feels like... it seems like a happy thing.

So dazed in thought, I woke up to the sound of the school bell. RING RING!

‘Ahhhh crap! I just missed the lesson!’ I panicked as I dashed to my class.

Maybe one day, I’ll be able to fall in love too.

 

 

*SO VERY SORRY IF IT'S SHORT! The other chapters yet to come are longer though! :)

Thanks for reading! COMMENT/RATE/SUBSCRIBE?  ^_____^ My first fan-fiction, I hope you enjoy :)!