Chapter 1

Love and Punishment

 

“Wind!” A man said and a girl came running out from a room and out to the man behind the counter in the little café.

“Yes?” The girl asked.

“Can you take care of these customers? I need to go down to the bank to get some stuff done.” Wind nodded and smiled.

“Of course!” The man smiled back to her. She was one of his best staff members since she was really hard working and almost did two persons job and on top of that she was kind and good at handling the customers.

“I’ll be back in an hour or so.” Wind nodded as the man walked out of the café and down the street. Wind hurried over to the first table with a couple of high school girls.

“Hello and welcome, can I take your order?” Wind asked kindly. The girls nodded.

“Two strawberry milkshakes and a chocolate milkshake,” Wind wrote it down on her little notepad. “Does the chocolate cake taste better than the cheesecake or which one would you recommend?” Wind gave them a kind smile.

“They all taste very good but the cheesecake would be my favourite… But that’s only my opinion.”

“Then we’ll go with the cheesecake.”

“So 3 pieces of cheesecake?” Wind asked to be sure, which the girls nodded to. “It’ll be ready in a moment!” Wind bowed and went out in the kitchen and made their order before going back with it to the three girls. “Enjoy~” She then went on to the next table.

 


 

“Oh, hello Wind.” The woman said as Wind entered the fitness centre. Wind smiled to the woman and greeted her boss. “I have some family business I need to take care of so you have to be here by yourself… You can close at 11pm and then just mob the floor then I will do the rest tomorrow morning before we open.” Wind nodded.

“I will!” The lady boss smiled before she went out. Wind walked over to the counter and waited for customers to come. In the meantime she read magazines and looked at the other people training. As the time went by and the time finally came to 11pm Wind made sure everyone had gone home and checked if everything was in place before she found a bucket and filed it with water to mop the floor. Around 00:30am she could finally lock the doors.

 


 

Wind sighed as she walked home in the darkness with only the streetlights as her guidance to where she was. When she would come home she make some of the stuffed animals she needed to sew and then go to bed.

Wind reached her little apartment, which consisted of one room with a mattress on the floor, a fridge, a stove, a sink and a little bathroom. Beside her bed was a big box of unfinished stuffed animals, which needed to get faces sewed on. Wind boiled some hot water for her instant noodles, which she mainly lived on. She then sat down on her mattress and took one of the stuffed animals and started sewing it’s face on.

An hour later and she had done 6 stuffed animals. The clock was now 2:00am and she was going to get up again at 5am to go to her first job in the morning, which was to deliver milk. It didn’t take long before she was sleeping.

 


 

Wind had lived like this since her parents died in a car accident a year earlier. She urgently needed money to pay back the loan her parents took from some loan sharks. She hadn’t really known anything about it before the loan sharks turned up at their old apartments and smashed almost everything. Luckily Wind wasn’t at home but saw then when they left. Since then she moved into a cheap apartment and worked up to five or six jobs a day to earn money to pay back the loan. She also changed her name to Wind to buy her some more time to earn the money before they would find out where she is.

So the past year she has woken up every day at 5am to bring out milk. At 6:30am she would help clean in a big company some blocks away. After that at 10am she would help a restaurant to deliver food to different places and at 14pm she would come to the café and help there. Then she would either go to the cinema at 18pm to help clean and then go to the fitness centre at 20pm or just go directly to the fitness centre and stay there till around 00:00am and then go home and sew some of the stuffed animals and then go to bed around 2:30 or 3am.

In the start it had been difficult but she was now used to it and she didn’t get so tired now with all the work though her body sometimes mean different and she would faint. But it’s all worth it… At least the loan will be paid back earlier and she could then start having her life back and maybe try to fulfil her dream of being a singer.

 


 

As Wind’s alarm announced 5am she woke up and hurried to put on some clothes, brush her teeth and hair and grab some bread on the way out. She then hurried down the stairs from her apartment and down on the street where an old bike was being parked. She took it and rode down to the storehouse where the milk would be and then back to the neighbourhood where she would deliver it.

“Morning Wind, early up as always.” An old fisherman said as he was on his way down to his boat to come out and catch some fish. Wind smiled.

“Of course!” The old man chuckled and waved, as she was about to turn around a corner. Wind waved back to the man.

Wind was soon off with the days milk and while she delivered it humming to herself.

 


 

“Hello Wind, the fitness centre will be closed today so you don’t need to come today…” The lady boss told through the phone. Wind sighed.

“Oh, okay then… See you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah we do!” The lady boss then hung up and Wind sighed once again. The cinema had also just called and told her she didn’t need to come… What was wrong today? Yet another sigh escaped from Wind as she wasn’t used to having spare time and didn’t know what to do to make the time pass.

“Well, I just as well make the rest of those stuffed animals…” Wind then headed towards her little apartment. As she was halfway she heard a lot of screaming behind.

“Argh!!!!” A girl shrieked. Suddenly a lot of girl voices could be heard. Out of curiosity Wind turned and to her terror a group of girls was chasing a guy in her direction.