Banished

Between Heaven and Hell

Sehun was in the dining hall, leaning over the table. Waving his hand over it, the people of earth appeared. He smiled down at them in amusement. "Hello little human people!" he called. Not that they could hear him anyways. Suho walked in and smiled at him. "Sehun, what're you doing?" he asked. Sehun turned to him and smiled back. "Watching the people of earth."

Suho scowled at the thought of them. "I can't stand the humans. I don't see what father sees in them. They take to much pride in themselves." he complained. Sehun chuckled and shook his head. "Hyung, I don't like them either. But it's fun to watch their ignorant and naive lives." he explained. Suho laughed and patted him on the back. "Indeed."

Baekhyun walked in and spotted his two brothers. "Are the humans any interesting today?" he asked. Sehun looked down at the table and shook his head. "No. All I'm getting is the busy streets of Seoul." Baekhyun nodded and walked over, peering down at the table. Suho soon joined, all three of them quietly watching. They all started laughing at the ridiculous things the humans did. "These people are a disgrace." Baekhyun sneered.

Suho nodded and put a hand on his shoulder. "I agree. Father really wasn't thinking clearly when he made them, was he?" Baekhyun laughed and shook his head. "Obviously not." Sehun laughed at his brothers and waved his hand over the table again, the image disappearing.

The three of them walked out of the dining hall and into the long corridor heading towards the Garden of Eden. The Guardian of the Garden was passing by, when he stopped and turned to them. "Wait." he ordered. The three of them stopped and turned around, waiting for him to continue. "You three are the one's who were assigned to protect the Tree of Life, aren't you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. Baekhyun nodded. "Yes."

The Guardian nodded slowly. "Then what're you three doing here?" he asked. Suho cleared his throat and smiled warmly at him. "We were just heading there, sir." he answered. The Guardian snorted in disbelief. "Don't take me for a full, Suho. I am the Guardian of the Garden of Eden. I know all of Heaven, inside and out. The Tree of Life is that way." he said, pointing in the opposite direction. "Whoops." Sehun chuckled and spun on his heels. "Let's go, hyung's." The all bowed to the Guardian and walked away.

---

The three of them lazily laid around the Tree of Life. They didn't have anything to talk about, considering they talked everyday about everything as they sat under the tree all day. Sehun sighed, breaking the silence. "I wonder what it'd be like to go to Earth." he wondered out loud. Baekhyun and Suho's heads snapped in his direction. "Don't be ridiculous." Suho said. Sehun looked down in shame. "You're right, hyung. Mianhae.."

To pass the time, the three of them decided to show off their powers. Suho laughed at the suggestion from Sehun. "Mine are obviously stronger." he said. Baekhyun snorted. "All you have is water. Are you going to drench our clothes?" he teased. Suho glowered at him. "Sehun as wind. What's so special about that?" he snapped. Sehun's eyes widened. "Why bring me into this?" he yelped. Baekhyun laughed at him. "Don't worry Sehun. He had to insult you to make himself feel better.' he explained. Suho scowled at him. "Fine. Watch." he smirked.

Waving his hands around, a ball of water started to form in the palm of his hand. Sehun started to laugh at his hyung's unimpressive power. Letting it fall, Suho sighed. "Fine, I admit it's not that special.." he muttered. Baekhyun chuckled and opened his palm, blue light brightly shining from it.

"Watch how it's done." he said, cockily. He twisted his wrist and the light shot forward, burning its closest target. Which just happened to be the Tree of Life. All three of their eyes widened when the Tree of Life was sent up in flames. "No!" Baekhyun screamed in distress. "Hyung! Do something!" he yelled to Suho.

Suho looked around in panic, his mind not functioning properly. "What do I do?!" he yelled. Baekhyun looked at his hands and motioned towards the tree. "Use your water! Put the flames out!" he yelled. Suho nodded quickly and threw his hands out, splashing the tree and simmering the flames down.

Baekhyun sighed in relief, until he realized the once white Tree of Life was now burnt and black. He felt all air out of his lungs and he swallowed the lump in his throat.

Instantly, their fathers voice echoed throught Heaven. "Baekhyun! Suho! Sehun! Come here, now!" he bellowed, sounding extremely angry. The three of them swallowed nervously and looked around at each other. Sighing, they all walked to the main corridor with their heads held low. When they got there, they stopped infront of their fathers large chair and bent down on one knee. "Yes, father?" they asked in unison.

"Do you know what you've done?!" their fathers voice boomed. The three looked down in guilt. "You have burned the Tree of Life! This is a crime I never expected of you three!" he yelled. "This is a crime that cannot go unpunished. I hearby banish the three of you from Heaven. You shall be banished down to Earth."

All of their heads snapped up. "What?!" they yelled in unison. Their father didn't answer, but just snapped his fingers. "Father ple-" Suho started, but was cut off when the three of them fell through the floor, hurdling towards Earth.