Chapter 9

My Housemate has a Secret [Hiatus]

 

Hey guys!! Sorry for the late update. I keep on having trouble with my writer's block lately haha I am so coffee deprived!! XD anyways here is the latest update, hope you'll like it!! I'll be waiting for your feedbacks guys ^_^

 

-Heightening Feelings-

 

Seung Hyun had been successfully transferred to the South Korean Interpol Facility. Seungri who stayed at the hospital in the province fixed all the required papers and paid the bills. Not before lunch, the representatives came driving an ambulance where Seung Hyun was immediately placed. He was still unconscious until they arrived at the facility. Luckily, the bleeding was stopped and the bullet wound was stitched by the surgeons pesent in the emergency area.

Once placed at the clinic room of the facility, Seungri thanked the agents who left and proceeded with their own assignments. He went to Seung Hyun's cubicle and held his arm. "You're already home, Hyung. I'll just go have some lunch and tell Jiyong-hyung and the others." He said.

Seung Hyun who was slowly gaining consciousness groaned and made a smirk. "Thanks, maknae. It was a big help." He held maknae's hand and both made a firm hand shake. "Good thing your clothing is that thick and you didn't suffer any serious damages. Anyways, I'mma go now." Seungri said then went to the doctor present in the clinic and talked then left.

Seung Hyun slowly opened his eyes and smiled. "Lucky coat I guess." He said, weakly before returning back to dream world.

Seungri was walking in the hallway when he saw Jessica walking mindlessly towards his direction. At first he was confused by the girl's behavior but then he noticed that Jessica was just too much in thought to be noticing other people in front of her.

Silently he approached the spaced out girl with a smugly grin. "Noona!!" He cried causing the girl to jolt in surprise accompanied by a loud yelp. Jessica's eyes widened upon the sudden intrusion of her thinking moment and glared at the disturber who happens to be no other than Seungri. Seeing Seungri the moment she calmed down made her gasp. "S-Seungri-sshi!? What are you doing here!? Aren't you with Seung Hyun at the provincial hospital!?" She exclaimed somewhat confused and at the same time annoyed.

"I just got here five minutes ago. Hyung had already been transferred here." The moment Seungri mentioned the news; strong thumps emerged from her chest. The worry she felt earlier began to return and she was now eager to know his present condition.

"How is he!? Did something happen? Is he alright!?" Jessica asked continuously grabbing hold of the younger guy's arms. Seungri chuckled at the girl's cute excessive reaction. "Calm down, Noona. Seung Hyun-hyung is fine. The bullet had been removed and he is just resting." Seungri said trying to stop Jessica's almost hysterical gestures. "Come, I'll take you to him." Seungri said as he gently held Jessica's wrist. He knows that when a girl reacts semi-exaggeratingly, she obviously cares for the guy. Seeing how Jessica acted gave Seungri the idea that seeing Seung Hyun's condition herself will comfort her more than just telling the news.

He led Jessica to the company clinic. It was a pure white large room embedded with white tiles and designed well as to take a similar feel as that of a health spa. There were six cubicles divided by glass walls framed by light cement. The two greeted the intern doctor present and went straight to the third cubicle where Seung Hyun is sleeping.

Upon seeing the peaceful Seung Hyun, Jessica was relieved and felt like a large weight was removed from her back. She sighed loudly causing her younger company to chuckle. "Hyung, is currently taking his rest. His bullet wound is already stitched and now needed to take complete bed rest. He'll be good in no time so don't worry, Noona." Seungri. Jessica smiled upon seeing Seung Hyun. She had never seen such a peaceful angel sleeping in front of her.

Suddenly, Seungri's cellphone rang startling the young man. "Excuse me, Jessica-noona, I'll have to answer this call. It's my wife." Seungri said as he headed outside whilst answering the call.

Jessica, being left alone in the cubicle and minding only the sleeping guy didn't notice Seungri leave. She went straight to Seung Hyun and held his hand. She smiled as tears began to accumulate in her eyes. "I'm glad you're safe. You had me worried." She said as her voice cracks in between her sobbing.

Suddenly, Seung Hyun smirked and slowly opened his eyes. "Thanks and sorry for having you worry, Jessica." Jessica was startled once Seung Hyun spoke. She immediately wiped her tears and felt her cheeks flushing red. "I-I'm sorry. Wait. YEAH!! You should be sorry!!! You made us worried to death!!" Jessica playfully smacked Seung Hyun's arm causing the guy to act a flinch. "Ow!" Seung Hyun groaned playfully causing the two to laugh in simple amusement. Silence, however, followed immediately to the two. "But I'm glad." Seung Hyun said as he turned to Jessica and stared at her tenderly causing the girl to blush.

"I-I think I'll go tell Jiyong-oppa and Taeyeon that you're already here. I'll go first." Jessica tried to avoid the awkward silence and hide her flustered self. She, being a strong girl, finds it odd that all her barriers towards men are being broken down whenever she is in front of Seung Hyun. She doesn't know if it's because of the guy's looks or his stare. She felt her heart beating faster and stronger. As she leave, however, Seung Hyun held Jessica's hand with his and made a tender grasp causing her to turn to the guy. "I'm glad that you worried for me. I promise I'll be careful next time." He said. Jessica was silent and caught by Seung Hyun's tender stare. His eyes were glimmering like stones of high quality. Jessica slowly felt a mild trance but immediately broke the stare as she looks to her hand. "Say, Jessica, if I recovered completely. C-Can I invite once for dinner? Or let's just hang out somewhere?" He asked ever so carefully.

"W-what!? Are you serious!?" Jessica turned to Seung Hyun with wide eyes. "I am. I don't know. I-I want to know you more. Be close with you." Seung Hyun said. "Would that be fine with you, beautiful lady?" He asked with a smile. Jessica was flustered, she felt warmth in her cheeks and she can tell that she is blushing already. It took a minute for Jessica to come up with an honest answer.

She also wanted to hang out with him and get to know him better. With that, she decided to let Seung Hyun have a chance. "Ok. But!! After you get well of course." She said with a smile and winked catching the guy off guard.

"Really!? Thanks!!!" Seung Hyun said as he smiled in return. It took a good two minutes or more for them to realize that they are still holding hands. Noticing it, Seung Hyun and Jessica immediately withdrew their hands and an awkward silence occurred.

"Hyung!!!" A voice emerged from the entrance as then from behind Jessica appeared Jiyong and Taeyeon with relieved expressions followed by Seungri who was grinning from ear to ear.

"Thank God!! How are you!? Do you feel anything? Are you in pain!?" Jiyong said as he went to the other side and held Seung Hyun's hand. "Haha!! Jiyong, I'm fine. My wound sure does hurt and I feel weak but overall I'm good. Luckily, the bullet didn't pierce through deeply so the wound wasn't that deep. Though it hurts like hell." He said with a chuckle. Jiyong smiled. "I'm glad, Hyung!!" Jiyong said as tear began to threaten his eyes. "Oi! Oi! No crying!!" Seung Hyun said.

"OPPA!!!" Taeyeon slapped Seung Hyun's arm startling the guy. "We were worried sick you know!!" Taeyeon said. "Thank God you're fine now!!" She said. "Both Hyung and Taeyeon-noona are worried and when I told them that you're fine they rushed here imediately." Seungri said. "Good thing, Hyung is as sturdy as our almighty Young Bae-hyung." He complimented.

"Haha!! I know right!?" Jiyong said and everyone laughed. Seung Hyun glanced at the laughing Jessica and noticed how cute she is whenever she laughs and how she always covers . A relieved sigh emerged from him as he relaxingly laid his head to the pillow. "Thanks guys." He said. "I'm glad you guys are around." He said as he looks to all of them.

"What's with being sentimental all of a sudden!?" A voice emerged from behind Seungri causing the guy to jerk in surprise as they all turned towards the owner of the voice only for them to stiffen and become silent. "Yang Goon-sajangnim." Seung Hyun called. Yang Goon himself was smiling and gestured everyone else to relax. "I'm glad you're fine now. Take your rest well ok?" He said. Seung Hyun smirked and nodded.

"Anyway, I'll have to borrow both Jiyong and Seungri first ok? Follow me to my room." Yang Goon said as he turned to both Seungri and Jiyong who agreed. "Jagiya, stay here for now ok? I'll be back." Jiyong went to Taeyeon and hugged the girl giving her a peck in the lips and then turned to Seung Hyun and smiled whilst holding his arm. "Get well soon, Bro." He said as he and Seungri bid their excuse and left following Yang Goon.

 

"What is it, Hyung?" Jiyong asked as they both walk along the hallway. Contradict to earlier, Yang Goon was more serious the that time. "The mafia is getting pretty aggressive. I want you guys to go to this coordinate and help Young Bae. Apparently, one of our information sources is being harassed and Young Bae went there to secure the informant. But he might be having a hard time." Yang Goon said. "We might get something from those men who're trying to harass the informant. I instructed Young Bae to neutralize them and I will send some men to help. Are you guys ok to go assist?" He asked. Hearing about their friend's situation both Jiyong and Seungri agreed without second thought and with their president's approval, they both left immediately.

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Trash him." The bald man said as he held Tiffany close to him with a gun on his other hand. "Oppa!!" Tiffany cried as the men charged towards the silent Young Bae.

Young Bae was silent the whole time studying his situation and his possible actions. His eyes pointed out every men charging towards him and made a last glance towards the bald guy and Tiffany who was tearing up.

A slight shift to the left and Young Bae effortlessly avoided a jab. His knee, as if automatically knowing its objective, darted a strong towards the first guy's abdomen and a downward elbow to the back of the neck pushed him to the floor flinching in pain. Without wasting a second, Young Bae quickly grab hold of a next man's incoming fist and threw him down and fired a punch in his face. Turning around whilst still in ducking position, he fired an elbow towards the third guy's abdomen then an uppercut followed throwing the guy to the air.

Two men, armed with knives, charged towards Young Bae. "Oppa!!! Be careful!!!" Tiffany cried but was silenced by the bald man by covering and aiming the gun at her head. Young Bae turned to a 180 degree rotation and caught the incoming lunge and used the guy's arm as a shield against another knife from the fifth guy. The knife struck directly at the fourth guy's arm causing him to yelp in pain surprising the fifth guy. Young Bae fired a straight kick towards the fifth guy's face and followed it with a strong straight jab and consecutively fired a hook towards the fourth guy.

It is now only Young Bae and the bald man. "Don't move!! Or I will make a hole in her head!!" The Bald man warned as he pointed his gun towards Young Bae then to Tiffany's head. Tiffany was crying silently. Fear is creeping up to her faster than the winds itself. She maintained eye contact with Young Bae who was glaring at the bald man.

The whole area was now in chaos. Police men are showing up with their guns armed. "Hold it right there!!! What do you want!?" The leading officer said as he pointed the gun to the bald man who was using Tiffany as a human shield whilst taking her hostage. "Throw your guns to the floor and lift your hands up!! Move away and let me escape or I'll kill this girl!!" The bald man said.

"Ok!! Calm down!! Let go of her and no one's gonna get hurt." The police officer said. Slowly, they placed their gun to the floor whilst lifting their hands up. Young Bae however was silent the whole time staring straight at the bald guy, such a situation isn't new to Young Bae. He and Seung Hyun were the best at handling such situations. Just finding the right time to strike and everything will be alright. Knowing this, Young Bae smiled at Tiffany shocking the girl and lending her confused.

"Why are you smiling!? You got a problem huh!? I will kill you!!" The bald man pointed his gun towards Young Bae and fired. "Oppa!!!" Tiffany cried. Young Bae fell to the floor.

"MOVE!!" The bald man then pointed his gun to the police whom immediately adhered and moved away as hen walks forward dragging Tiffany alone. Tiffany was in shock, eyeing Young Bae who is lifelessly lying on the floor. She is now sobbing hard and feeling helpless, she just followed with the bald man.

They were now at the door of the café and many people had gathered around the scene, some taking pictures and some gossiping worriedly. The police men were backing up with their hands lifted up.

The Bald man was already feeling his triumphant escape, he smirked but then a searing pain emerged from his back and a few seconds passed, he fell unconscious to the ground rendering everyone confused.

Tiffany looked back at the man and saw a small knife struck at his back. She recognized that knife and she immediately looked towards the café and saw Young Bae a bit struggling to get up. An overwhelming relief filled Tiffany's chest as she ran hurriedly towards Young Bae, while the guy looked at her with a smile, and threw herself in to his chest. Young Bae, a bit surprised, caught her in his embrace and tenderly fondled her hair, calming the crying girl. "Shh... it's alright now. I'm here." He said. "Oppa!! I thought you're really dead!!" Tiffany said in between sobs tightly hugging the guy's waist as if she didn't want to let go. Young Bae smiled, "I just had to feign a hit to get an opening and luckily the bastard fell for it. Sorry, Fany-ah... I worried you..." He whispered to her. Tiffany just tightened her hug.

The entire police at the scene also took their action and cuffed all the unconscious men and approached Young Bae. "Sir, we have to take you to custody for questioning also. You were armed." The police man said. Young Bae stood up with Tiffany still in his arms and smiled. He pulled out his flip-wallet and showed his special badge to the officers who were surprised and saluted at him whilst apologizing. "It's ok... But I'll have to take custody to that the bald guy, would it be ok? He is apparently a valuable source of information for the case we were after." He asked as the higher officer approaches them. "We understand, sir. We'll take the others to the station for questioning then." The officer said. "We will contact you for any news." The officer followed. "I understand. Thanks for your help." Young Bae smiled at the police who bowed.

Moments later, Jiyong and Seungri, together with some men  arrived and were surprised by the chaos that happened in the café. "Whoa..." Jiyong said as they saw Young Bae talking with a police officer. "There he is!!" Seungri said but as they were about to approach their guy, Jiyong stopped, silent and shocked. Seungri was confused by the guy's reaction. "W-Who's that girl!?" Jiyong cried pointing out at the girl who was tightly hugging Young Bae. Young Bae heard Jiyong and turned to them and smiled. "Jiyong!!!" He called.

Hearing a familiar name, Tiffany turned to Young Bae then to the guy he was looking at and was surprised. "Ji-Jiyong-oppa!?" Tiffany called surprising the guy. "Tiffany!? What are you doing here!?" Jiyong rushed to them followed by Seungri. "Are you alright!? And you guys know each other!?" He asked with wide eyes.

Tiffany turned to Young Bae and the two awkwardly stepped away from each other with Young Bae scratching his head and Tiffany looking away innocently. Both nodded in response. Seungri was chuckling the whole time seeing how cute his hyung is. "Anyway, we have to go back to HQ. Young Bae!! You got plenty of things to explain!!!" Jiyong said wearing a persecuting glare. Young Bae was somehow flustered that he only managed to smile. "Seungri." He called the younger guy. "You being here means that Hyung had already been transferred, right? How is he?" He asked, "He's A-OK!! Let's go back now so that you can go visit him." Seungri said.

"By the way, Fany-ah, my wife and Jessica are also at the HQ. They'll be happy to see you there." Jiyong smiled. Hearing Jiyong's news made Tiffany's eyes glitter in excitement and relief. "Really!? Let's go now then!!! I miss Taeyeon and Jessica!!" Tiffany said as she unconsciously grabbed Young Bae's wrist and dragged him away surprising Jiyong more. Jiyong turned to Seungri, who's smiling stupidly. "Is something going on between them?" He asked.

"Don't know. But I am actually rooting for something to happen between them." He said then turned to Jiyong. "Let's go, hyung. We'll know everything later." He said and moved on following the two. Scratching his head, Jiyong followed them leaving the scene to the police.

 

Inside the study room of a large manor somewhere in Seoul...

 

"We've checked the Kwon residence. The house is a mess, Sir. It is empty, according to some villagers they heard gun fires and explosions." A young guy reported. "So they've started moving. We have to locate my daughter's whereabouts fast. Gather the men and double the work." The old guy said, sternly. "Yes, Sir Jung" The man said and left the room.

The man, Mr. Jung, sighed as he looked at his daughter's picture in his office desk. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess. I'll have to fix things up." He said and turned to the window eyeing the setting sun.

 

~ To be continued ~