Chapter 13

My Housemate has a Secret [Hiatus]

 

The Deepening Feelings

 

"YoonA-unnie... How are you now?" Seohyun checked as she approaches the quiet YoonA. She was holding a warm coffee for she stayed late at night after they have arrived at Seunghyun's villa. The boys told the girls to go on ahead and stay at the eldest's place for the whole night while they wait for some updates on finding the bodies of both Youngbae and Daesung. YoonA looked at Seohyun and made a small smile. She appreciated the maknae's attentiveness to her, same as with Jessica and Tiffany who she just met that night.

 

Seohyun knew YoonA the longest; she met Daesung through her and Seungri. They had been schoolmates in high school before YoonA took on Theater arts while Seohyun took Sociology Major.

 

"I just had a small argument with Dae, earlier last night. I shouted at him for going to that place alone. I should've understood his situation." YoonA said as she looks down to her cup of coffee, somehow feeling the tears threatening to fall again. "You are just worried, unnie. Daesung-oppa's job is really more difficult compared to Seungri's. Both he, Youngbae-oppa and Seunghyun-oppa are always in missions that are dangerous. You mustn't blame yourself, unnie." Seohyun comforted YoonA's back.

 

Just then Taeyeon and Jessica arrived at the kitchen and saw the two. "Hey, YoonA, how are you?" Taeyeon said. It was quite in a short time but they can see that YoonA's already a mess. Her situation is far difficult to handle if they were at her shoes. Losing your fiancé or love one is indeed the most painful thing you can experience. "Please be strong, YoonA." Jessica said. YoonA smiled at her. "Thank you unnie... by the way how's Tiffany-unnie?" She asked.

 

"She cried herself to sleep. It's a good thing though at least she can rest a bit. You should too." Jessica said as both she and Taeyeon took seats besides YoonA at the round table just near the dirty kitchen. "Are you hungry, YoonA? Seohyun? I'll cook something for you guys." Taeyeon said as she went to the fridge to look for something to cook.

 

"I am really having a hard time sleeping, unnie. It's hard." YoonA explained. "I understand... just try your best to rest ok? You've been up all night... It's already three in the morning." Jessica said. She herself cannot sleep. She has to be there for them. She also has to keep in touch with Seunghyun in case some news arrives and also because she is worried for the guy.

 

"Is Tiffany-unnie and Youngbae-oppa dating? She seems so worried for Oppa." YoonA tried to make a conversation to avoid the gloomy silence and also to redirect her attention from the occurrence for a while. "No... but unnie has something for Youngbae-oppa." Seohyun answered. "It's not really that hard to fall for someone like YoungBae-oppa. He's very gentle, caring and attentive." Taeyeon said from the kitchen.

 

"Yeah, unnie's right... he was quite devastated when he heard the news that Yuri and Minho are already going out. He did like Yuri though. He's just that shy and awkward." Seohyun said. "Like someone I know of." Jessica answered causing the girls to look at her and chuckled.

 

Just then a noise was heard emerging form the back porch of the villa startling the girls. It was a loud thud as if something fell to the ground. The only difference is there are two thuds indicating the some things did fell.

 

"What's that!?" Seohyun looked at the door leading to the dirty kitchen and grilling area near the porch. Taeyeon, Jessica and YoonA were also alarmed. Taeyeon took out a butcher knife, whilst Jessica held on to a grilling stick. Slowly and warily, they went to the porch near the grilling pit and saw to figures standing up and fixing themselves.

 

Their hearts doubled their paces as they knew that it wasn't just any inanimate things but were actually humans. Taeyeon and Jessica looked at each other as they gesture for Seohyun, who took a meat beater, and YoonA to be careful. "Hana... Deul... Set!!!"

 

Taeyeon and Jessica barged out of the dining room with their weapons ready and lifted yelling at the unwanted visitors. "Yah!! Who are you people!?" Taeyeon cried. "Are you thieves!? We'll call the police!!" Jessica said. The whole place was dark and the figures were covered in shadows. They only see silhouettes but they knew that they can be hostile.

 

Seohyun opened the lights to the porch and the moment the light revealed their visitors, eyes from the girls doubles their sizes. YoonA's eyes trembled as tears starts to form.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon were also shocked and rendered stunned to see the intruders. Seohyun who got out of to see what was the commotion was also stunned.

 

YoonA ran in between Jessica and Taeyeon towards the visitors, leaving the others in shock.

 

Yang Goon gathered Jiyong, Seunghyun and Seungri in a private area near the police tent. "What is it, hyung?" Jiyong asked. "I have a strong hunch on the spy's identity." Yang Goon said. "For him to know this much... Especially in relation to this case you're doing." Seungri and Seunghyun were also thinking.

 

"He might be one of the agents that are working under our group's case." Seungri said. "They are only focused on our case so that must really be it." Jiyong stated. "Is he someone higher? Or not?" Seunghyun asked Yang Goon. "He's just like you guys but not really under our group, rather, an affiliate of your group." Yang Goon said.

 

Just then Jiyong remembered something causing him to gasp. "Hyung, could it be..." He eyed Yang Goon who nodded seeing him wearing the "puzzle solved" expression. Seunghyun and Seungri looked at them as if waiting for them to unveil the mystery.

 

"Inspector Park Hee Joon... the one who accompanied you during the interrogation for Lee Kwang Soo." Jiyong said confident of his hunch. "I remembered noticing his weird reactions during your interrogations." Yang Goon said. Just then Seughyun's phone rang startling him. "Excuse me." Seunghyun said as he went away to answer the call.

 

"We have to plan something then... We need to catch him red handed." Jiyong said. "I'll do some close monitoring on him. I really don't trust that jerk since the first that I met him." Seungri said.

 

"Hello, Sica? What happened? Why did you call?" Seunghyun asked. "Yah!! Oppa!! You have to come back here at once!! And take Yang Goon-sshi with you!! NOW!!" Jessica said. "Huh!? But why!?" Seunghyun asked unsure of what she's trying to do, but he can feel some tension in her voice that made him worried. "Just come here NOW!!!" Jessica said before she hang up.

 

Seunghyun a bit startled quickly went to the group. Jiyong noticed his expression and knew that something's wrong. "Who is it Seunghyun-hyung? What happened?" Jiyong asked. Seungri and Yang Goon looked at Seunghyun who was sweating quite hard.

 

"It was Jessica. She said that we need to go back to the villa ASAP. Yang Goon-hyung must come with us as well." Seunghyun said. Jiyong and Seungri tensed up and looked at each other. "I'll come with you. I'll just get my jacket. You go on first to where my car is." Yang Goon said and hurriedly went back to the tent. With that said Jiyong, Seungri and Seunghyun hurriedly went to the car.

 

"Are you sure about this?" Taeyeon asked as they all settled down at the living room. "We have to keep things at the low profile. Seeing the events as of now, being careful is the best approach we can do." Youngbae said. "Well we're glad you guys are both fine. But you're both wounded; we have to at least tend them." Jessica said. Somehow it's like a huge weight was removed from their chests seeing their friends well. Seeing their worst fears lifted off, they both looked at the commotion outside and smiled.

 

"Ow!!" Daesung whined as a strong jab hit his chest. "That's for worrying me to death!!!" YoonA cried as her tears fall rapidly before she threw herself to her soon-to-be-groom's arms. "Oppa, I'm glad you're alive... I don’t know what will happen to me if you leave me." She said in between sobs hugging Daesung tightly. Daesung hugged her back and plunged his face to her silky soft hair indulging himself with her soothing scent. "I'm sorry, YoonA... I should've become really more careful." He said as he lifts YoonA's chin to face him and gave her a passionate peck on her lips. Breaking the quick kiss, YoonA smiled seeing Daesung assuring her that he will not leave her and hugged her fiancé again.

 

Seohyun smiled seeing her unnie, happy and relieved. "Don't worry Seohyun, I know how madly in love those two are." Youngbae interrupted the maknae's thinking. Seohyun looked at Youngbae and smiled. "Of course I'll look after him. I'm the older and more experienced one after all." Youngbae said in a matured and serious manner. "Thank you, oppa. You're the best!!" Seohyun cheered.

 

Youngbae smiled as well and nodded. "By the way, I'll have to take some shower first... I'm a mess." He decided to have a clean warm shower to relieve the stresses on his body and stood up to go to the bathroom only to stop upon seeing a presence blocking his way. He was alarmed to see those puffy red eyes and fresh tears falling. Jessica, Taeyeon and Seohyun saw the presence as well and smiles crept to their faces. It'll be another round of warm reunion.

 

"Fany-ah..." Youngbae called. Tiffany was too shock to even speak. She can't believe who is standing in front of her. She almost gave up on herself after hours of crying and despair and now he stands in front of her. "Y-Youngbae... oppa..." She called in a whisper. Just then before her mind had made its move her heart had already beaten it. Her feet moved and she ran to him crashing her head to his broad chest and enveloping his waist to her arms. Youngbae was surprised, pleasantly surprised, he smiled and returned the hug. Tiffany cried as her embrace tightens.

 

But this time Daesung and YoonA had joined Jessica, Taeyeon, Seohyun in witnessing the movie like scene before them. Daesung was somehow surprised, he never knew of this. "Hyung has a girl-"

 

"Sshhh oppa, you'll ruin the scene." YoonA hushed him as they seat besides Seohyun.

 

"Please don't leave me again Dong Youngbae... I won't be able to bear it if you leave again." Tiffany said in between sobs. Youngbae was flustered but nonetheless happy. He smiled as he gives a kiss on her head. "I promise... Sorry for worrying you." He said.

 

"What a beautiful sight... I never saw Fany like that since our idol days." Taeyeon commented smiling at the sight before them. Jessica nodded. "Yeah..." She somehow felt envious and longed for him after seeing Youngbae and Tiffany's reunion. But as if her longing mind was answered by instance, the front door of the house opened and from it came the alert Seunghyu, Jiyong, Seungri and Yang Goon.

 

"Jessica!! What happ—" Seunghyun was cut off as he saw a very familiar guy standing in front of the kitchen's door being hugged by Tiffany.

 

Yang Goon, Jiyong and Seungri went besides him as they also saw the scene. Relieved smiled forming on them. Youngbae looked at them and smiled. "Hyung-deul!!!" Daesung's voice resonated from behind him as Jessica, Seohyun, Taeyeon and YoonA exited the kitchen and Tiffany loosened her hug but not merely letting go.

 

"Daesungie!!" The group of five manly men made a group hug after being apart for some time. It has indeed been a while since they had their last get together. It was indeed a good view for the girls.

 

Jessica saw yet another different side of Seunghyun, the lively, youthful man. He was smiling naturally upon being in the presence of his dear brothers. She smiled seeing this as she hugged herself. He had been on her mind lately... his awkward laughs, bingu personality, his signature mixture of clumsy slick approaches and his deep eyes.

 

She smiled, it was a good smile. A smile of someone deeply in love.

 

~ To be continued ~