Chapter 6

My Housemate has a Secret [Hiatus]
Hey guys!! finally another update haha!! sorry for late updates I am having a hard time inspising myself... I am experiencing a writer's block T_T hope it won't go long and inspiration comes more often!! Anyways!! here's the latest chapter!! Hope you like it!!! ^_^
 
 
 
-Start of the Long Night-
 
 

"You ok, Tiffany-sshi?" Young Bae said as he approaches the girl who seemed worried earlier before her turn for questioning. Tiffany turned to Young Bae and smiled. "I never thought that it will be that easy." She said somewhat relieved.

Young Bae sat besides Tiffany; he slowly leaned his arms to his knees and glanced at her trying to decipher her expression, one thing he is good at. "Here." He handed Tiffany a can of milk coffee. "It's good..." He said.

"Thanks" Tiffany smiled as she humbly took the offer and opened it then took a sip; Young Bae also opened his own can. She smiled at its taste. "It IS good." She said. Young Bae rested on the back rest of the chair. He sighed and stared at the can he is holding. Tiffany looked at him confused and a bit amazed at how calm he can look despite the things that might have been running throughout his head.

They were at a hallway in a facility hidden by a façade establishment of a power plant. It was actually an establishment that houses the main team of the South Korean Intelligence team. The place where Young Bae works as an agent. "Hey, Young Bae-sshi... Are you alright? You hungry?" Tiffany asked. Young Bae turned to her and smiled. "I'm fine... how about you? You want something to eat?" He asked.

"I'm actually a bit hungry..." Tiffany said rather unsure so she unconsciously scratched her head and smiled. "Well... Let's go... I'll accompany you to the cafeteria." He stood up and looked at her.

 

 

"Hyung!!" Young Bae turned to his back and saw Seungri approaching him carrying a set of files. Young Bae addressed Seungri with a raised eyebrow. "Hyung... I got the diagnostics already. We need to go deliver these to Seung Hyun-hyung and Jiyoung-hyung." He said as then he was about to hand the folder th Young Bae he saw Tiffany looking at them.

"Oh, annyeong haseyo!! Seungri imnida!" Seungri snapped quickly and bowed at Tiffany who stood up immediately and replied with her own bow. "Annyeong haseyo, Tiffany imnida." Tiffany greeted. Young Bae was surprised and felt that he almost forgot to introduce Seungri and Tiffany.

"I-I'm sorry... This is Seungri, he is my colleague and the intelligence specialist." Young Bae gestured to Seungri who smiled whilst scratching his head. "Panggapsumnida, Tiffany-sshi, such a beautiful lady you are" He complimented. Young Bae nudged him, "Easy Seungri, you're married." He said. Seungri nudged back. "I know, hyung, I am just appreciating her beauty." He defended. Young Bae sighed. "Anyways , Seungri this is Tiffany." He gestured to Tiffany.  The two shook hands and smiled awkwardly.

"Excuse me and Seungri, Tiffany-Sshi, I'll be back in a minute." Young Bae said as he hook his arms around the smiling Seungri's neck and drag him to a farther area of the hallway.

"Ok... enlighten me." Young Bae said. Seungri cleared his throat and gave the folders to Young Bae. "Jiyoung-hyung requested me to run some diagnostics on this man." Seungri took the folder from Young Bae and pulled out a biographical sheet. "Lee Kwan Soo. Apparently, he is suspected to be working under the mafia group that we are investigating." He continued.

"I see... then we'll have to deliver this to the two by tonight... Is there anything new about the whereabouts of the mafia hideout?" Young Bae asked.  "None yet." Seungri answered. "But Daesung is also having some progresses on his part. And it appears that the mafia isn't just transporting drugs here. They are also exporting weapons." Seungri said.

"This is getting worse by the moment. So are they having connections with the terrorists?" Young Bae asked as he thought deeply. Seungri shrugged. "No idea. We'll find out if we dig further, I guess." He said. Young Bae looked at him then patted his shoulder.

"I guess we'll do that. Anyway, I'll see you later and..." Young Bae stopped, sniffing something. "What's that smell?" He said then leaned to Seungri. Young Bae's eyes widened. "You're going to have a date?" He asked.

"Well... yeah... Seohyun and I are gonna have some lunch together. It's been a while since we had any quality time together and I am damn sure that she misses me... a lot!!" He said with a smugly smirk. Young Bae looked at him and sighed. "Well... whatever you say, dude. I'll see you later. Enjoy your lunch with your wife." He said. "Sure thing!!!" Seungri said as he decided to leave. He greeted farewell to Young Bae and also to Tiffany and head off.

Young Bae approached Tiffany who stood up upon seeing him. "So... Let's go? I'll take you home afterwards." Young Bae said with a smile. "Ok..." Tiffany smiled also and the two left.

 

*-*

Jiyoung, Taeyeon, Jessica and Seung Hyun finally arrived at their villa after fixing Taeyeon's car.

After they parked the cars, four quicly went to the house to have a rest. Indeed it was a tiring day for them. "I'll cook our dinner. You guys look hungry." Taeyeon laughed seeing the downed expressions of her three companions. "I'll help you then!!!" Jiyoung stood up immediately and followed Taeyeon who looked at him from the kitchen before they continued on.

Again it was Seung Hyun and Jessica alone. Seung Hyun was being careful as he took quick glances at Jessica who seemed in a gloomy mood. Who wasn't? After seeing Jessica's rage mode earlier.

"Uhmm.. Jessica, are you alright?" Seung Hyun said careful of his words. Jessica didn’t seem to hear it making him silent for a few moments. Again Seung Hyun tried. "Are you alright, Jessica?" He asked.

Finally a reaction came giving a hint of light to Seung Hyun who was in scaredy cat mode. Jessica, sighed, she turned her eyes to Seung Hyun and saw a glint of worry in it. She smiled. That was an unexpected reaction as Seung Hyun was nervous that she might throw her raging tantrums to him. "I guess I'm fine. I just can't stand men being jerks and acting cool just to get our attention." She said.

Seung Hyun looked at her. Not knowing what to say, he started carefully. "Some guys are really just like that." He said. "I mean some guys want to act cool just to get to the girls, you know?"

Jessica eyed him. "Huh?" She asked. "I had friends with such attitudes. Thinking that girls are just toys or games that they can play with." He explained. "Whenever I am with them I can never hear the end of it. They are rich kids. Obviously those boys born with silver spoons on their mouths." He said.

Jessica looked at him as curiosity began to emerge from her once gloomy mind. "I was never interested in those in the first place. I believe in one true and pure love. I want to love and be loved back. Not just those flings or flirts. I want the pure thing." He said lloking at the floor in a dreamy state. Jessica was amazed by this man's purity. He's naïve yet matured mindset. She never thought that such a guy existed. Her admiration has just grown to a new higher level and a smile came found its way to her lips.

"I hope all those men have the same outlook as you, Seung Hyun. I am glad that there are men like you. A rare kind." Unknowingly, she smiled at him. Seung Hyun smiled idiotically, like a child. "I guess... Being different is something that I want. I want to prove something, a philosophy different from most men of these times. A friend of mine helped inspired me more with his outlook in life." Seung Hyun said thinking about his quiet friend Young Bae.

They were silent for a moment. Jessica, unknowingly, started staring at Seung Hyun's face. Although Seung Hyun wore a childish expression, what Jessica saw is actually the opposite. She smiled at the sight of the man she thought was near perfection.

"So, Jessica, How long have you been an idol together with Taeyeonnie?" Seung Hyun asked changing the subject and finally initiating a conversation. "Hmm... two to three years, I think." Jessica said. "We debuted when I was eighteen years old." She continued.

"Ohh... You guys are pretty good.  Why did you stop pursuing it?" Seung Hyun continued, showing his interest in the topic. Jessica laughed, "Well being an idol isn't really a thing for us. And especially with our entertainment company's strictness we have to stop." Jessica said. "Taeyeon was already going out with Jiyoung by that time. I think you know that." She said. Seung Hyun nodded. "Well, technically, yes but not completely." He said.

"So how long have you been friends with Jiyoung?" It was now Jessica's turn to ask as she leaned forward like some interviewer on a show. Seung Hyun was slightly surprised but since it was a good conversation he decided to get along it. "Jiyoung and I have been friends for four years now. Since we were studying criminology. Jiyoung is a very talkative man, a complete opposite of me but we somehow clicked." Seung Hyun laughed. Jessica giggled too.

"Hey!! I heard that!!!" Jiyoung peeked from the kitchen calling Seung Hyun and Jessica's attention. "Weren't you!?" Seung Hyun retorted.  "Don't worry!!! I agree with you!!!" Taeyeon followed from the kitchen also causing a whining yap from Jiyoung. Seung Hyun and Jessica laughed at the two dorky couple teasing each other like kids.

"I admire the two of them. They are like married for a year now and they are still acting like they're just dating." Jessica said smiling serenely. "They are both lucky with each other hahaha!!!" Seung Hyun agreed with a laugh. "I want my marriage life to be like that." Jessica pouted thinking dreamily about her future. Seung Hyun looked at her. He noted the cute reaction of this girl and it somehow amazed him.  "How can she be cute and pretty at the same time?" He thought then dismissed it. "Well... You will find the guy who will share a good love story with you in time. Love isn't something to be rushed right?" Seung Hyun smiled in an assuring way. Jessica was surprised at his insightful comment. "Wow..." Was all she can say.

"Ha?" Seung Hyun asked, unsure of Jessica's reaction to what he said. "Hey guys!!! Dinner's ready!!! Let's go!!!" Jiyoung's voice came out from the kitchen calling their attention.

"Oh... Let's go Jessica, dinner is ready." Seung Hyun stood up and went to the dining room leaving Jessica dumbfounded at Seung Hyun's remarks. Seung Hyun noticing that no one was following him turned to Jessica only to see her spacing out expression. "Jessica?" Seung Hyun called snapping the girl back to reality. "O-oh!! Haha!! Sorry..." Jessica looked at Seung Hyun unsure of what he is doing.

"Well? Let's go, dinner's ready." He smiled and gestured Jessica to come. "Oh... ok." She said and stood up then approached Seung Hyun and the two continued to the kitchen.

Unbeknownst the four, a car was park a few miles from their house. Outside the car, a man in spectacles, rested against the car's driver seat door grinning as a large group of men with smugly smirks approaches him.

"We do this tonight." He said as he opens the car's trunk exposing a bag full of machine guns, grenades and magazine ammos. He smirks as a group of fifteen men laughed amusingly at their task as they took out one machine gun for themselves and cocked it preparing themselves for the raid.

"Let's go." He said as they head on towards their target house.

*-*

Young Bae and Seungri were on their way to Andong, Young Bae was driving a large black van with Seungri at the back hovering over the computer set installed behind the car.

Seungri yawned as he stretches his arms and rested back to his chair rotating it so that he would be facing Young Bae's back.

"Hyung, I can't believe that the syndicate is this smart to actually avoid every chance we have of unraveling and capturing them." He mouthed a curse.

Young Bae didn't moved an inch and remain focused on driving. "They are being supported. A larger mafia." Seungri said. "If not the triads then maybe the Yakuza's in Japan." He continued.

"Well they might be... or better yet a much more powerful group." Young Bae added. "By the way, hyung, how was your date with Tiffany?" Seungri asked grinning.

Young Bae was surprised by the sudden question and it caught him of guard that he almost chokes his saliva and he coughed powerfully. Seungri chuckled. "I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean that." He said.

"Well we just ate lunch. I don’t think there is anything else to it. It might be a date but it's just a friendly professional date." Young Bae answered truthfully after recovering. Seungri eyed him. Somehow even though he is the youngest in their group, to him, he sees Young Bae as the younger and more naïve one. "No wonder until now you have no girlfriend or haven't even dated once." Seungri said.

"Well I did date once, Seungri, with Jiyoung's cousin remember?" Young Bae asked. "Oh but your date with Yuri-noona was like decades ago. You didn’t even pursue her even if you wanted to." Seungri said remembering how Young Bae had extreme difficulty in pursuing Yuri and before he knew it the girl he liked was snatched quickly by none other than Choi Minho, Seung Hyun's cousin. Young Bae sighed. "I am not that experienced, Seungri, and to be honest, I think it is still too early for me to date or even have a girlfriend." He said.

 

Seungri, again, eyed him in disbelief. "Hyung... You're already twenty four!!! Jiyoung and I already had a wife. Daesung is engaged with YoonA and only you and Seung Hyun-hyung are the ones who are mingling alone in the world without even a partner!!!" Seungri said matter-of-factly. Young Bae sighed. "Well..." He paused, obviously, thinking deeply. "I guess I'll have to date again... well after this mission of course." He said feeling defeated by his maknae.

"Yeah, you should try it with Tiffany-sshi. She looks interested in you and I can see that you're interested in her too. You're just not admitting it." Seungri said as he turned back to the monitor. Young Bae looked at the rear view mirror, taking a quick glance to his dongsaeng then he smiled turning back to the road. "I guess I do..." He mumbled to himself.

"Wait... hyung!!" Seungri called his attention. Young Bae looked at him through the rear view mirror. "What is it?" He asked.

"The radars, we installed around Jiyoung-hyung's house, are reading unidentified presences closing in towards the vicinity." Seungri said. "What!? Looks like they're starting to move. They know us. Sh*t!!" Young Bae said. "We better hurry." He said as then they moved on to hurry,

*-*

Jessica, Seung Hyun, Taeyeon and Jiyoung had finally finished dinner. Taeyeon and Jessica were washing the dishes and cleaning the table whilst Jiyoung and Seung Hyun went outside. Jiyoung was smoking a cigarette whilst sitting on a bench while Seung Hyun was standing viewing the cloudless night sky and the bright moon.

 

"What do you think is the progress in those three guys' work?" Seung Hyun asked. "No idea, hyung, but hopefully something fruitful will happen." He said.

Seung Hyun smiled looking at Jiyoung and observing his relaxed expression. "You sure are very relaxed for an intelligence team leader." He said. Jiyoung chuckled and looked at his hyung. "I guess I just love looking at the brighter side." He said.

"Haha!! Excuse me, I'll just go to my room for a bit." Seung Hyun said and went inside. Jiyoung nodded as he leaned towards his thighs. Actually he is feeling something weird with the surroundings. "Why is it quiet?" He thought. He cannot hear any sounds from crickets in the grass, only the winds and the grasses rustling. He stood up trying to observe his surroundings. It was indeed different, something isn't right. "I don’t feel right." Just then he felt his phone ringing. He pulled it out and answered the call.

"Hyung!! Be careful!!! You got armed company approaching!!!" Seungri's voice violently filled his ears and sharpened his mind. The moment he heard Seungri's warning he went running inside to get the girls to safety as he knows something dangerous will happen.

Seung Hyun was in the stairs going to his room when he saw something weird through the window in front of the stairs. What he saw shocked him and immediately ran to his room.

Jiyoung rushed inside to the kitchen surprising the two girls. "Taeyeon!!! Jessica!!! Hide!!!" He shouted as he jumped towards the girls dragging them down to the floor.

Meanwhile...

The guy in spectacles and white mafia suit went in front of the house together with his men. Some went to the back surrounding every possible escape route and trapping them inside.

He took a glance at the person in his side and nodded. "Let's send them our gift. Kill them." He ordered.

The guy threw something towards the house and after a few minutes.

An explosion occurred.

~ To be continued ~