Chapter 15

My Housemate has a Secret [Hiatus]

 

Their Night Together

 

It was a silent drive at the car. Awkward silence in fact. Seunghyun was focused on the way while Jessica was looking at the view from the side. Occasionally, during traffic stops, Seunghyun will look towards Jessica and smiled admiring the beauty besides him. When Jessica turns to look at him he will swiftly remove his gaze and back to the road.

Accidentally, Seunghyun made a groan to clear his throat. Though he unintentionally wanted to do such, well things happens. Jessica turned to him surprised and saw him massaging his throat. "Oppa, are you alright?" She asked. Finally, something worth talking about came. Seunghyun shook his head awkwardly, "I'm sorry... I didn't intend to do that." He said smiling awkwardly. Jessica smiled understandingly. "Now I know what he was talking about." She thought and giggled. Seunghyun saw her. "Uh... J-Jessica, is something wrong?" He asked. His first question since they left Tiffany's apartment. Jessica turned to him and smiled cheerfully. "I just remembered of what you said last time, oppa, regarding you awkwardness." She said, her smile never waning.

"Told you I am this awkward." Seunghyun chuckled nervously. If Jessica didn’t know better she would have thought that it was actually Seunghyun's first time. Technically it was, after three years of being alone with only his bestest guy friends present in his environment.

"Well, it's actually cute though." Jessica commented. Seunghyun somehow hearing such a comment for the first time seemed to choke virtually and coughed out. He didn’t expect such a reaction but it was nonetheless positive for him. Jessica giggled at Seunghyun's weird reaction. Seunghyun, heard Jessica's giggles and noted how sweet her way of laughing is. He smiled comfortably. The awkward hemisphere is slowly turning to a peaceful comfortable one. "You know, you're the first girl that I dated since three years ago." He decided to come clean with his confession.

Jessica looked at him, somehow amused by his confession, "Really? Wow, that's flattering. I'm glad." She answered wholeheartedly, satisfied and elated for his naïve declaration. "Well... to be honest you're my first date overall." She said in return. She can clearly see Seunghyun's failing attempt to suppress a smirk, she giggled. "Therefore you're one lucky guy and you have to treat me well!!" She playfully said hitting his arm gently. Seunghyun looked at her and smiled. "Of course, I will take care of you. You're my princess after all." He said.

That was the first attack he did on Jessica in an attempt to sweep her of her feet. Bold and innocently honest, as it may seem, but powerful enough to cause a strong thump on her heart. She just smiled and turned back to eyeing the road as well, his last sentences replaying back and forth in her mind. His voice was deep but it was also gentle and innocent. One thing she liked about Seunghyun.

Finally they arrived at a fancy restaurant located north of Apgujeong. Seunghyun smiled seeing the restaurant. Daesung was right; it was really brilliant and elegant. Well, being the place where he proposed to YoonA, such should be expected.

Jessica eyed the restaurant and noted its magnificence. Seunghyun had a smile plastered on his place. He owe Daesung and Seungri big time. After passing the key to the attendant for parking, Seunghyun led Jessica, who's still amazed by the place, to the restaurant. "Reservation for two... Choi Seunghyun please." Seunghyun said with a smile as the host entertains them. "Mr. Choi Seunghyun? Follow me please." The host smiled as he gestured them to their seat.

Seunghyun turned to Jessica who eyed him sweetly and smiled. "Let's go?" Seunghyun said as he folds his left arm with his hand atop his abdomen. Jessica smiled; somehow she can see that Seunghyun is now comfortable. She giggled. "Lead the way, Oppa." She said as she went to his side and held his arm. "With pleasure princess." Seunghyun smiled and they both followed the host.

They were then led to the private room with a formal, elegant dinner table set inside. The table was lit by two tall well decorated candles standing atop the golden stand. There were flowers arranged at the side of the candles. The table was topped by a white elegantly embroidered table cloth and above it rested a set of silver spoons, forks and a knife resting besides the ivory white plates perfectly lined with gold decorations. The room was elegant in short.

"You really did go all out on this, considering that it's sudden." Jessica commented amazed. Seunghyun smiled. "Well, yeah, I have my bestest buddies to help." He said as he led her to her seat. Seunghyun pulled the chair letting Jessica enter and push it back in place as Jessica sits. Then he took his seat.

Moments later, the waiter came carrying the menu and gave it to them with a bow. Jessica was pondering on what to order, she isn't really starving but she might need a well served meal to pacify her stomach for the whole night. Not too light, not too heavy.

As Jessica ponders naively on what to order, Seunghyun is enjoying his time watching her innocent pouting expressions, puffing her cheeks and placing her finger on her lip to choose. He can watch her like that the whole time. Seunghyun had already given his order and is now waiting for Jessica to give hers.

Finally, after five minutes or more, Jessica had decided and ordered her meal. She looked at Seunghyun apologetically. "Mianhe, I took longer." She said. Seunghyun smirked, handsomely. "It's nothing, Jessica. You should choose well on what you want to eat." He said. "So, what do you think?" Seunghyun asked. Jessica while eyeing the whole room looked at him innocently. "About what, Oppa?" She asked.

"About this." Seunghyun asked gesturing the whole date. Jessica smiled playfully. "I can't say my comment now. Better save it once the date ends." She teased. Seunghyun eyed her, surprised, and sighed, unconsciously pouting. Jessica giggled. "You're so cute, oppa!!" She said giggling at Seunghyun's natural response. Seunghyun eyed her and smiled.

Finally, their orders came along with a special wine the Seunghyun specified to order. Daesung referred this type of wine for it was very tasty to him. The waiters gently placed their orders and poured wine on their glasses. The couple enjoyed their time eating and talking about different stuffs. It was refreshing and they became more relaxed.

An hour or two had passed and they have finished their meal but they were still happily conversing with each other. Jessica would tell him her story during her debut days, how she was linked with other idols and some scandals. Seunghyun eagerly listened to her stories and would say comments and they would laugh. It was a pleasing atmosphere for them two.

Finally, they went out of the restaurant and they were back on the road. Seunghyun was driving and Jessica was quietly looking at the scenery outside. The drive was silent yet again but with no awkwardness present, though somehow they both didn't want to end this night yet. "Uhm... Hey, Jessica, do you want to go to Han River?" Seunghyun asked somehow nervous. Jessica looked at him. She was surprised by his sudden invitation but nonetheless liked it. Jessica smiled nodding. "Sure." She, as well, doesn't want to end the night yet.

Seunghyun navigated the steering wheel and went straight to Han River. After arriving they went to the park and walked along the road whilst enjoying the breeze of the riverside. "You know... As simple as it may sound like, I think this is a very romantic place." Seunghyun said. Jessica was hugging Seunghyun's jacket, that he lent for her to battle the chilly breeze. Despite summer, the winds on the river side are still cold.

Jessica smiled, nodding. "I like this place... This is where I usually ease my mind." She said. Then they stopped and looked at the sight of the river. It was blissful and quiet. The sky, although dark as it is, is decorated by the lights of the stars and the breeze is relaxing.

"Oppa, remember what I told when we are at the clinic in your office?" Jessica turned to Seunghyun. Seunghyun looked at her as well. "Y-Yes... about the reason why you don't want to hear that story?" He said somehow nervous. Jessica smiled as she went a few steps front, smelling the riverside breeze. Seunghyun followed her, unsure.

"It might sound selfish but..." Jessica paused. Seunghuyn looked at her. "I want to change that story..." She said. Slowly, her hand reached for his and gently, she inserted her fingers in between his and grasped it tightly.

Jessica's move sent thousands of electrical bolts in Seunghyun's nerves. If it was possible he would have jerked many times now. He liked it nonetheless. He grasped hold of her delicate, smooth and soft hands. He looked at Jessica as the girl looked back at him.

"I want to make a new story of our own... You and I." Jessica smiled. It took Seunghyun off guard. He was pleasantly surprised and he remained frozen to his place. Her words struck him numb and at bliss. He faced Jessica and held her cheeks with his other hand, caressing it and savoring its softness. Jessica smiled leaning her head to Seunghyun's palm. Slowly, they move and inched closer. Seunghyun leaning to Jessica as she reaches for his face.

Their eyes closed as their lips touched each other. Jessica held his shoulder as he held her arms.

The night is peaceful and the river is a sight to behold. Everything is perfect and well enjoyed.

 

~ To be continued ~