Chapter 3

My Housemate has a Secret [Hiatus]

 

A/N: Hey guys!! here's the latest update for my TOPsica fic. I guess it came well hopefully. I will be focusing on a few Baefany on the future chappies. Hope you'll like their story too. Anyways... The progress of Topsica's interests will come in the future updates also. So anticipating your feedbacks guys ^_^ hope you'll like it~!!!

 

-Secrets and Admirations-

 

A sweet yawn emerged from the still slightly sleepy, Jessica. She made a relaxed flexing before sitting up from her comfy bed. The sun was up and the morning breeze is cold. She liked the morning call from the birds that chirped cheerfully and the soft rustling of the leaves as it dances along the winds, swaying along the unheard tune from the morning song of nature. The sunlight flooding the floor of her room passing from the window covered in white cotton curtain.

She smiled relaxingly. "I really love vacations!!" She said cheerfully like a child as she jumped in unknown joy and went to the side table resting against the wall wherein a tall mirror is hanged just a few meters above it. She looked at herself from top to bottom. Her sleeping dressing swaying softly as she made a turn like a princess ballerina from fantasy movies. A sudden knock from the door halted her actions. "Sica? Are you awake? Come!! Breakfast is ready!!!" Taeyeon's voice emerged from outside.

Jessica smiled, giddy as it may seem, she felt like her mother is calling her for breakfast. It was her first morning in the province since last year.

She went to the bathroom to have a quick morning wash then headed straight to the kitchen after. As she enters the kitchen she saw a tall, slick figure sitting idly at a chair and table outside at the porch facing the magnificent view of the valley. His back was broad and relaxed; he was silent the whole time as if savoring the beautiful view of the valley and the soothing winds of the province.

She stared at the unfamiliar man for a while before remembering their other guest. "Oh it must be Seung Hyun-Sshi..." Jessica thought her lips forming a pout of understanding. "Sica, come here... Your breakfast is ready. Let's eat. Seung Hyun oppa already had a bite earlier together with JiYoung." Taeyeon said as she sits down to one of the chair and gestured for Jessica to sit on the other.

Jessica smiled and cheerfully went to the chair. "Morning, Taeyeonie!!!" She greeted with a wide smile. Taeyeon looked at her slightly surprised but then recovered with a smile. "Looks like our ice princess just got a goodnight sleep." She said. Jessica nodded excitedly like a little girl. "This province really is a great place to relax." She complimented. "I know right!?" Taeyeon smiled.

A mild sound of porcelains clashing was heard from the porch. Taeyeon and Jessica turned to where Seung Hyun was. The sliding door opened and entered the tall guy. He saw Jessica was already up so he greeted her with a smile. "Good Morning, Jessica-sshi." He said. It took a while before Jessica was able to comprehend what Seung Hyun said. "O-Oh!! Hahaha Good Morning, Seung Hyun-Sshi" Jessica smiled and bowed.

"Have you eaten already? Come, let's have breakfast." She invited. "Oh thank you, Jessica-Sshi. I'm fine, I already had breakfast." He replied as he sat next to Taeyeon carefully placing his own cup of coffee to the table. "Do enjoy your meal, guys." He said calmly.

"Such a polite person, oppa is." Taeyeon laughed smacking Seung Hyun's arm playfully. Seung Hyun released a chuckle.

Suddenly Seung Hyun took a peak at the silver shiny watch on his left wrist. Swiftly his eyes furrowed but changed in split seconds. "Guys, I'm sorry but I'll have to excuse myself. There is something that I need to do at the city." He said apologetically smiling.

"Oh is that so? It looks like an important issue." Taeyeon said, her eyes showing a slight sign of curiosity. "Yeah... I'm very sorry for suddenly leaving. I'll be back before lunch." He smiled as he bowed and went to the living room to get his coat.

Suddenly, Jessica remembered something from last night. She suddenly stood up and smiled. "Just a minute Taeyeonie, I forgot something from upstairs. I'll be back in a flash." She smiled giddily. Taeyeon's eyes widened. "O-Ok... be back here." She said as then Jessica immediately left.

Seung Hyun was heading to the door when a voice stopped him. "Seung Hyun-sshi." Jessica approached him slowly. Seung Hyun turned to Jessica's and saw a hint of a persecuting glare from her. "I heard your conversation last night. I—uh... know it's wrong so... sorry but then, I was intrigued. Where did you guys went to last night?" She asked. Seung Hyun froze. "So my guess was right. She heard." He thought. He then smiled. "We went to meet someone. He was a dealer of ours for our office." He answered. Jessica's eyes showed no sign of believing. "By the sound of your tone last night, looks like it was important." She said but then she saw slight pressure on the guy. Somehow she felt guilty being cold and mean to him who was being kind to her. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn’t poke my nose into other's businesses. But please don't let it be anything that will badly affect both our best friends' sake. I love Taeyeonie like a sister. It would hurt her so much if something is happening with JiYoung... like he might be clubbing or hitting on another girl; doing drugs or worse." Jessica said turning her eyes to the floor. Thinking of those really gave a glint of anxiety to her.

Seung Hyun was taken aback; he saw the faithful and loving eyes from the girl. She cared for both JiYoung and Taeyeon's sake. He smiled seeing those in her eyes. "Don't worry, Jessica-Sshi. JiYoung and I aren't doing such bad things. I wouldn't let him. He loves Taeyeon very much and seeing her in pain is something he cannot tolerate." Seung Hyun assured. Jessica looked at the guy; it was then that she saw how handsome the guy before her is. She noticed the almost perfect curvature of his face, his eyes that are sharp and slick yet calm, and the smile that showed an aura of sincerity. It was then when she felt like she was hit hard that her heart skipped a beat or two. She felt her cheeks burning up.

Seung Hyun went closer to Jessica, surprising the girl and inciting a pinch of timidity from her insides. Without breaking eye contact from her wide surprised eyes, he raised his right hand and smirked. "I believe we haven't introduced ourselves formally yet. My Name is Choi Seung Hyun. You don’t have to be formal, just call me Seung Hyun. Nice to meet you." He said.

Jessica's reaction took a delay of about a minute before she realized that he was raising his hands and smiling for a time. She noticed the deep, mellow voice from the guy and it made her knees weak. She tried her best to answer. "I-I'm Jessica Jung. But call me Jessica. Nice to meet you." She held his rough yet kind hands and shook it quickly before hastily pulling back her hand. "We aren't strangers anymore, Jessica. Please be comfortable with me and if you will need anything, you can just tell me like with Taeyeon and JiYoung." He said. "I-I'm sorry but I have to get going. I'll be back before lunch. See you, Jessica." He said and bowed smiling then left in a gentle yet hurried phase. Jessica was left there standing still like a lifeless pole. Her eyes were glued to the guy until he exited the gate's door. She lifted her hand and looked at her palm. "Oh my God. What happened?" She thought with slight panic. She was feeling the mysterious strong thump on her chest the moment she shook hands with the most handsome guy she met, as she have thought of it.

*

Seung Hyun took a taxi and went straight to the main city of the province. He went to a small pojangmacha near a vegetable store where he saw a familiar figure eating on one of the table. It was the man he was supposes to meet. Young Bae, the most mysterious guy he ever met. He was a silent guy and he barely says anything unless it is needed. Seung Hyun tapped his back softly having the guy turn his head to him. "Hyung... Have you eaten already?" He asked as he gestured Seung Hyun to sit beside him. Seung hyun obliged and watched the guy eat in a well mannered way. "I already took my breakfast." He said. "So what's the progress?" He asked.

"Seung Ri had came up with some leads on the family head's whereabouts. Studying the traces of his last locations, we came up with a conclusion that he went back to Seoul." Young Bae said. Seung Hyun froze. He actually didn’t want to leave the province early. Young Bae knew of this as he can easily read from Seung Hyun's immediate reaction. He smiled at him, it was a smile that he rarely does. "Don’t worry, Hyung. I'll be the one who will conduct the investigation in the city. Seung Ri will accompany me. I already told JiYoung of this. He agreed saying that you, at least, need a time off." Young Bae said.

Seung Hyun softened glad of how thoughtful his dongsaeng is. "Are you sure? You need to take a break too. If it comes to work, you are the one who's always working the hardest." Seung Hyun said a bit worried. "And the fact that it'll be only you. It's dangerous for we are after something more powerful than mere dealers." He said.

"As I said, Seung Ri will be accompanying me. So I'll be fine. And besides I can take care of myself." He said. Seung Hyun smiled, suddenly realizing a something. "Yeah... haha I guess I underestimated you. You're one of the most excellent in terms of combat and infiltration. But then it wouldn't be of any assurance for me to stop worrying about you. I'm still your hyung." He said. "Then I'll report the progresses of the work from time to time. So that you'll know of my status." He said plainly. Somehow, he felt offended being treated like a child. He doesn't want it. But he knows that Seung Hyun is acting as his hyung, a brother and a family and he knows that family always cares.

"Anyways... I just met up with you to tell this. I'm going back to Seoul, ASAP. Just inform me if something happens or if you'll be going back there ok?" He said as he finished his meal, drank his bottle of energy drink and shook hands with Seung Hyun. They made a quick hug and bade farewell to each. Young Bae left hearing Seung Hyun's last word. "Make sure Seung Ri backs you up and isn't always slacking off in work or I'll kill him myself!!!" He said. Young Bae raised his hand informing Seung Hyun that he understands.

Seung Hyun smiled seeing Young Bae approach a black Ducati motorcycle and after wearing his helmet and starting the engine, zoomed off towards his destination.

"Well... I'll go to JiYoung's flowershop first. He might need help there." He thought and then moved on to his own destination.

 

~ To be continued ~