Chapter 12

My Housemate has a Secret [Hiatus]

 

-Setting up the Stage-

 

Seunghyun, Jessica, Seungri, Seohyun, Tiffany and Jiyong arrived at the site of the news. After pulling up the car, Seunghyun jolted out in a hurry followed closely by Jessica, Seungri, Jiyong and the frustrated Tiffany.

Jessica comforted Tiffany for she was devastated upon hearing that Youngbae was in the area and might be part of the casualties or worse, part of the losses.

Seunghyun was wearing a serious look followed by the trembling Seungri with Seohyun holding his hand to calm him and Jiyong who was trying to be calm and assertive.

On one of the police vans, they saw YoonA hugging herself crying in complete despair. She has heard the news and without second thought hurried to the site by herself. "Hyung, YoonA's there." Seungri pointed to her. Seunghyun eyed the girl and hurried to her side. "OPPA!!!" YoonA upon seeing Seunghyun jumped up and ran towards him, tightly hugging the guy.

Jessica was confused as she saw YoonA hugging Seunghyun but she was busy herself trying to calm Tiffany down. The girl was in shock and insisted that she come with them. She even argued with Seunghyun when he disagreed with her plea. But Tiffany was a strong minded and relatively stubborn girl and she eventually followed them to their car.

Then Yang Goon, accompanied by the police department head, approached them. Jiyong, Seungri and Seunghyun saluted and were responded by Yang Goon and the head of police.

"We haven't found any clue as to their bodies' whereabouts, if they're indeed among the casualties, yet." Yang Goon said. "Apparently, the suspect: Lao Lei Ming had been notified ahead regarding the planned surprise raid. I can see that they have some insiders." He said. His posture was strict and commanding but understanding at the same time.

"No wonder they can escape our tracks. They have a spy within us." Jiyong cursed under his breath. "Yang Goon-nim, please I wanna know if Daesung's alright..." YoonA pleaded as he held to the guy's sleeve hopeful and pleading. Yang Goon looked at her with a solemn expression. "We don't have any clues yet, YoonA-sshi. But we are doing thorough searching on our part. It will take a while co'z we might do some DNA scans to identify each bodies." Yang Goon said apologetically.

"We'll do our best, YoonA-sshi." Yang Goon assured as Seunghyun and Jiyong comforted the tearing girl pulling her gently from Yang Goon and with a respectful excuse led her to their car. "I'll coordinate with the paramedics and autopsy specialist first." Seungri said bidding his excuse and giving Seohyun a peck in the cheeks indicating that he'll be fine and left.

Seunghyun approached both Jessica and Tiffany. Jessica turned to him and gave him a small smile as he nods apologetically to her. "Tiffany, I'm sorry for raising my voice at you earlier. I didn't mean to do it." He said. Tiffany looked at him, her eyes red and almost puffy from crying. "I know... I'm sorry as well. I was dead worried for him." She said. "What did Yang Goon-sshi told you?" Jessica asked. "They are still looking for Youngbae and Daesung's bodies if ever they were caught by the explosion. So far there have been plenty of casualties and it will take time for them to identify each burned bodies." Seunghyun said a bit hopeless but trying to be strong.

Jessica was at a loss for words. With such things happening, she herself is in disbelief and was too overwhelmed. She hugged Tiffany shushing her loud cries and calming her down gently as the girl sobs and hugs her back desperately.

Seunghyun just bowed his head also feeling the loss and the powerful strike his chest took from earlier until now.

Jiyong decided to call Taeyeon and inform her of the news. Taeyeon and Sooyoung decided to stay for it will be too difficult if they come as well. Taeyeon was also in shock as well as Sooyoung who was also the closest to Youngbae and Daesung as they were really great buddies.

After a minute, Seungri returned to the car heading straight to Seohyun's side and to the others. "It'll take until tomorrow. I decided to volunteer in helping with the DNA identification procedures." He said looking straight to Seohyun mumbling a soft "Mianhe". Seohyun, being the understanding and kind wife, gave her husband an encouraging smile and kissed him in the lips assuring him that it's ok. "I'll stay with Fany-unnie, YoonA-unnie and Jessica-unnie then. They'll need company at least." She said.

Seungri slightly brightened up and nodded. "Thank you, hon." He smiled and kissed Seohyun again.

Jiyong took out a cigarette and decided to have a quick smoke just to lessen his stresses and agitations. Seunghyun approached him also with a lit cigar stick on his hand. "We need to capture those bastards fast." Seunghyun said his face nothing sort of cheerful. He is grimly determined especially if it is guaranteed that Youngbae and Daesung are really gone, he wants to take revenge in full payment. Jiyong eyed him, a bit worried for his buddy's growing malice. "Calm yourself, Seunghyun-hyung. If you go by your emotions aimlessly then things will get more complicated. Be patient we will catch them." He said. Seunghyun eyed him. "I'll make sure we do. I don’t care if I have to beat this body and work my ten times more. I will catch those bastards." He said as if stating a curse.

"Oppa." Seunghyun and Jiyong turned behind them and saw Jessica approach them wearing a worried expression. "Can we talk?" She asked looking straightly to Seunghyun. Jiyong eyed Jessica and nodded to her when she looked back at him. "I'll just go and check the status with Yang Goon-hyung." He said then walked off.

Seunghyun nodded as Jiyong leaves them both. "I'm worried about you, oppa." Jessica said. "I can see that you're very angry right now." She was careful with her words as it might incite some rage in him. Seunghyun softened a bit and went to the girl holding her shoulders gently. "I'll be ok. It's just that..." Seunghuyn paused directing his eyes to the floor. "Hmm?" Jessica asked unsure. "I'm honestly devastated with what happened to both my dongsaengs. They are two of my closest friends and brothers. I guess I was just too lost at my own feelings." Seunghyun said his eyes almost starting to tear up.

Jessica gasped noticing this and eventually, without hesitation, enveloped Seunghyun with a tight hug. "Oppa, please be strong. There haven't been any news yet if they were actually caught in the explosion or not." Jessica said pulling Seunghyun's head to her shoulder as the guy starts to sob softly. Seughyun hugged Jessica, longingly and at once she felt extreme sadness and loneliness from him. She herself was teary-eyed and consoled Seunghyun whilst gently caressing his nape and his back. "Let's have faith, oppa. We mustn't be weak at these times." She said causing Seunghyun to scoff in agreement. "I guess you're right... I'm sorry..." He said savoring the shoulder lent to him and appreciating her concerns. Jessica was glad that Seunghyun obliged to her as he hugs her, tightly. She caressed his nape and fondled his long black hair.

Meanwhile...

Lao Lei Ming and his men gathered at his villa located west of Seoul. They were having a gathering and some mocking celebration upon hearing of the success of their plan.

"So we have eliminated those rats... It'll be easier to predict those agents' moves." The Chinese leader said with his strong Chinese tone. Guffaws emerged from the room as the men lifted their mugs of beer for a toast. "To success." Everyone said.

"We only have one more concern... Jung Ji Yoon of the Tiger Fang family. His ability to steal our investors and clients are annoying. I want him to suffer." Lei Ming cursed. "We'll start with his daughter. Where is she hiding by the way?" He turned to a young man wearing a white formal suit and spectacles playing with his glass of wine. "The agent's have her secured... but we are in constantly watching her and the house." He said.

"Good... now the Lao Family will take over the Korean black market and not even the police can stop us now." He grinned maliciously. "Gather your men... We have a meeting to attend to." He said with a smirk.

 

 

"Ugh..." Daesung groaned as he opens his eyes to see Youngbae beside him. Then he noticed that they were hanging on a large piece of crate wood and floating at the seaside.

"H-hyung... W-What happened?" He asked. Youngbae was serious and silent. "We came right into a trap. They knew that we will come. Someone informed them." He said. Daesung eyed Youngbae then leaned his head against his folded and crossed arms. Then he looked up again, he can see the warehouse quite far from them burning and some torrents of water are blasting from the fire trucks to put out the flames. There were helicopters both from the police department and from news report shows roaming around the sky.

The area was quite noisy and they knew that it was crowded in there.

Daesung looked at Youngbae wide eyed. "Y-YoonA!!?? She might be worried now!!!" Daesung cried. "Well we won't be able to call them now... our phones just got wet." Youngbae said. "You ok now?"

Daesung nodded, still anxious and worried for YoonA. He knows that his fiancé has a strong attitude and is willing to go to danger just to know his wellness. Knowing about the explosion being reported as of now will surely bring hell into her and Daesung knows that she will retaliate knowing that he is in danger.

"Let's go..." Youngbae urged the both of them to swim forth the docks. It was already near sunrise and the flames are nearly out.

"We'll have to talk to Yang Goon-hyung and the others in secret. They might think that we have already been killed." Youngbae suggested. "You're right." Daesung said as they went to climb towards the rocky cliff leading towards the docks.

 

~ To be continued ~