Chapter 14

My Housemate has a Secret [Hiatus]

 

The Long Awaited

 

Seunghyun was anxiously trying on some good clothes that he could wear for this night. He was still on sick leave and even though he can bear it, his back is still painful. Though he is itching to help with the investigation he still isn't allowed because he is a front line man like Taeyang and Daesung.

He was thinking and obviously stressed out. He had taken out three sets of clothes that he thinks suits the best for this night. He needs to wear something special. This is a special night after all.

Everything had been going on from worse to better. Since that incident that almost caused them their two best buddies everything is building up back to normal. Youngbae and Tiffany had become an item since that day. He guessed that fearing of Youngbae disappearing like that gave Tiffany a strong signal to speak out her feelings for him and he did the same as well. Thinking of those events, he smiled. And now this coming event is for him. He sure can't let himself be the last person in the group to be single, especially when he had already found someone very special.

"Thud! Thud!" two loud knocks were heard from his bedroom's door. He sighed still unsure of his attire and went to open the door. It was Jiyong.

 

"So, hyung, have you already decided what to wear?" He asked, curiously. Seunghyun sighed. Jiyong already knew as he smiled understandingly. "Will you let me help?" He asked. "You have to report back to the agency later right?" Seunghyun raised an eyebrow.

"It's fine. Besides it's still early and I need to help my Best Man find his Best suit." Jiyong said tapping the floor impatiently. Seunghyun smiled, lucky for him to have met a stylist friend. He had really asked himself many times as to why Jiyong didn't take fashion major instead of criminology. "I guess I needed some SOS after all." He chuckled and gestured Jiyong to come inside.

They went straight to his bed and Seunghyun showed Jiyong the set of clothes he took out from his closet. "Hmmm...." Jiyong thought as he analyzes the attires shown in front of him. "Black and white is too formal and boring." He said shoving away the black formal suit set leaving him with the blue ones and the pink ones. "This'll look good on you." Jiyong took out the blue long sleeved polo and black casual pants. "Try it." He said.

Seunghyun nodded and since he wears only an undershirt and boxers, he immediately wore the set of clothes Jiyong suggested. "Sometimes, mix and match is better than a set." He said as he looks at Seunghyun once he finished wearing the clothes. "It's good but kinda lacking." He said as he went to the drawer in Seunghyun's mirror cabinet and took out a bow tie. "Here." He said. Seunghyun eyed the tie and smiled. "That's my lucky tie." He said as he took it from Jiyong and wore it carefully tying it until a small ribbon is formed.

"The black coat jacket will suit that for sure." Jiyong said. "And one more thing, come with me." He said as Seunghyun took out a hanging black stylish Jacket suit with him and followed Jiyong. "This will suit your looks better. Don't worry, it's free of charge." Jiyong said. Seunghyun was surprised to see a small grandly arranged bouquet of different flowers on the coffee table in his living room. "Wow... You made this earlier? Thanks." Seunghyun gaped in surprise.

Jiyong smiled proudly. "Hey, I own a flower shop right? Of course I learned how to arrange flowers. It's nothing. I also owe you thanks for letting us stay here in your place." Jiyong went to Seunghyun and gently patted his back. Seunghyun smiled.

Taeyeon and Jessica weren't at home with them that day. They were at Tiffany's place after going out together and shopping. It was quite out of the blue but Seunghyun decided to have their date at an earlier day and time since he'll be busy once he gets back to work. He doesn't want to waste time. Surely it surprised Jessica since his invitation was rather sudden and unplanned. But Jiyong, Seungri, Daesung and Youngbae, Seunghyun's best buddies, were more of what they're capable of.

The planned date was made and carried out all of a sudden. Daesung provided the best place, Seungri made the reservation with his good speaking skills. Youngbae was the one who told Tiffany of the plan and so he asked her, secretly via phone, to help prepare Jessica well as Jiyong did Seunghyun's impromptu self preparation.

"Oh and hyung, use my Mercedez, don't use your big ride ok? Youngbae will pick me up later." Jiyong said throwing him the keys. "It's newly cleaned, take care of her ok?" He said smiling as Seunghyun took the bouquet and caught the keys. "Sweep her off her feet!!" Jiyong said. "I will!! Thanks!!" Seunghyun said as he left.

Meanwhile...

"Are you sure I won't look like I'm trying too hard?" Jessica asked as Tiffany applies make up on her while Taeyeon does the curling of her blonde wavy hair. "Of course you won't. You'll look fine and gorgeous, enough to shake that tough guy's knees!!!" Tiffany smiled as Taeyeon giggles. "Oh my God!!! I can’t believe my girls are now having their dates!!! When will Youngbae-oppa ask you for a date, Fany?" Taeyeon suddenly asked. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and smiled. "Oppa, actually asked me earlier when he called." Causing two eyes to look straight to her.

"OMO!? Oppa finally asked you!?" Taeyeon exclaimed excited. Tiffany smiled and nodded. "Finally!!! Youngbae-oppa is having some balls!!!" Taeyeon joked causing the girls to laugh. "You're speaking the same way as Jiyong-oppa now. I'm a bit surprised." Jessica commented as Tiffany finishes on with the eye lashes and moving on with the lipstick. "Red or pink? Hmmm..." Tiffany thought but since she is biased. "I choose pink!! It'll look better with your dress, Barbie!!" She said causing Jessica to scoff at her. "What the hell!?" She asked chuckling.

Just then they heard a melodic hymn emanating from the front door. "Just a minute~!!!" Tiffany answered as she finishes putting lipstick on Jessica's lips. Jessica smiled at her as she nodded and hurriedly went to see the visitor outside. "I think he's already here." Taeyeon whispered to Jessica causing the girl to blush and smile. "I'm nervous Taeyeonie... Otteoke!?" She panicked a bit. "You'll be fine, aigoo this girl." Taeyeon sighed and teasingly smiled.

Tiffany went to look at the visitor. She opened the doorcam monitor and saw Taeyang waiting outside. Tiffany giggled and smiled as she opened the door and saw Youngbae waiting and smiling. "Hey, Seunghyun-hyung hasn't arrived yet?" He asked as she gives a peck to his cheek. "Nuh-uh... Maybe he'll come any time soon. Come in!!" She pulled Youngbae in and closed the door. "Make yourself at home, oppa... I'll just finish Jessica's touch." Tiffany winked and continued on to the room. Youngbae chuckled and sat comfortably at the couch.

"Who was it?" Taeyeon asked as Tiffany enters their room. "Is it Seunghyun-oppa?" Jessica asked. "Nope, it's Youngbae-oppa." She said causing the nervous girl to sigh in slight relief.

Seunghyun was driving Jiyong's Mercedez Benz which he lent to him. He took a left turn from the main road once he saw a small café with European style red brick walls, a landmark near Tiffany's apartment building, and was led to a private road and continued on. He was drumming on the steering wheel frantically as it was his first date since what? Three years ago. He smiled noting the fact that he is still doing things like this, oh the joy of dating someone you like.

He saw the building where Tiffany's apartment is and parked at the side of the street. After unbuckling the seatbelt, turning off the engine and pulling the brake lever, he made a loud encouraging breath and smirked, handsomely, before he took the bouquet and went on to his destination. Everything is planned, and he hopes that it will go well.

"So...?" Jessica asked twirling her body from left to right. Youngbae smiled as Tiffany went to his side and sat leaning her head to his shoulder. "You look great, Jessica. Seunghyun-hyung will surely be stunned..." Youngbae smiled. "Well that's courtesy of me." Tiffany smiled at Youngbae and hugged his arms.

"You mean courtesy of us!?" Taeyeon said glaring, playfully, at Tiffany. The latter stuck her tongue out and then they all laughed. Then the melodic chimes of the doorbell serenaded the whole apartment calling all of their attention. "It must be Hyung. I'll take it, you girls hide Jessica and we'll surprise, hyung." Youngbae winked as he tiptoed towards the door. The girls giggled and hurriedly went back to the room. Slowly he opened the door and saw Seunghyun standing, anxiously outside. "Y-Youngbae?" Seunghyun asked surprised.

"Yo, hyung, come on in. We're expecting you." Youngbae smiled urging the guy to come in. Seunghyun timidly nodded and entered bidding his excuse of entering the apartment room. "Take a seat, Hyung. You look great by the way" Youngbae urged Seunghyun as the latter sits while he bowed to his level. "Fighting!!! Sweep her off her feet." He whispered with a smile. Seunghyun smiled as well and nodded though anxiety is still evident.

Just then Tiffany and Taeyeon came out followed by Jessica. Seunghyun saw them and immediately stood up only to be kept frozen by the beauty that came out of the room last.

His eyes were captured completely by her entrancing beauty. He was left frozen from his stand and his mouth figuratively fell to the floor. Somehow he felt as if he was dreaming and staring at an angel. She was simple but elegant, wearing a white dress and topped by a pink cardigan, her blonde hair is laid well with small waves and curls and she is wearing matching pink heels. Jessica was quite shy at first and couldn't look directly at Seunghyun while the man was staring deeply to her.

Seunghyun's expression is enough to give fulfillment to both Taeyeon and Tiffany who did their best to make their girl the most beautiful girl in Seunghyun's eyes. Their plan was a complete success. Tiffany looked at Youngbae who was smiling quietly and amused eyeing Seunghyun's reaction besides him.

"Ah..." Seunghyun's first word came out awkwardly for such a sight held his tongue in its place. Youngbae chuckled whilst shaking his head as he, as regrettable as he is, tapped Seunghyun gently snapping him out to reality. Seunghyun jerked and looked at Youngbae and to the other then lastly to Jessica. She was smiling at him as she approaches him. "A-Am I dreaming...?" Seunghyun uttered his first sentence causing the girls to giggle. Youngbae smiled and went back to Tiffany as the girl welcomes him with a tight loving embrace.

"H-Hi!!" Seunghyun greeted awkwardly as he gives the bouquet to Jessica who blushed and bid her thanks with a sweet smile. "Y-You look beautiful..." Seunghyun said smiling dumbly at her. His charisma is waning and is being overshadowed by Jessica's beauty. Jessica looked at him shyly and smile. "Thanks, oppa." She answered.

"So... Better get going now, ok? Take care of our Jessica, oppa!!" Taeyeon said. Seunghyun looked at Taeyeon and smiled bowing humbly. "Y-Yeah, of course. We should be going now. Thanks." Seunghyun smiled as Jessica gently holds his arm surprising him pleasantly. "We'll be going now!!" Jessica said as they both exited the house being accompanied by the three.

Seunghyun and Jessica bid their farewell once they reached Seunghyun's –technically Jiyong's- car. Taeyeon eyed him first but understood it immediately and hugged Jessica. "Enjoy your night." Taeyeon said as Jessica gets inside the car when Seunghyun opened the car door. "Of course, thanks guys!!!" Jessica smiled and got in. Then Seunghyun closed the door and looked at them.

"Take care of her alright? Enjoy!!" Taeyeon said. Tiffany and Youngbae looked at him with encouraging eyes. Youngbae nodded as Seunghyun bowed to them. "I will, Tae. Thanks and we'll see you later." He smiled again and got in the car.

 

"Hope everything goes well." Tiffany said as she hugs Youngbae as the latter envelopes her with his protective embrace. Taeyeon nodded. "You're right." She turned to them and smiled. "They'll do well, don't worry." Youngbae assured them. "Let's go back inside!! I wanna watch a movie!!!" Taeyeon said. Tiffany agreed but Youngbae was quite surprised.

"Oh, I'm afraid I have to pass on that one, Jiyong and I are going to have a meeting with Yang Goon-hyung. You know." Youngbae said with a gesture and an apologetic expression. Tiffany pouted at him; she actually wanted to have time with Youngbae. "I'm very sorry Tiffany, don't worry it'll only take a while then I'll come back with Jiyong." He said.

"Oh, you're going to fetch Jiyong right? That's why he lent, oppa, his car." Taeyeon said as she approaches them. Youngbae nodded. "I'll be back after the meeting, it won't take a while don't worry." He flashed Tiffany his smile. A smile enough for Tiffany to trust Youngbae. "Ok... be carefull and call me when you got back to your office." She said still pouting but turned to a smile. She can't deny the fact that only Youngbae's smile is needed for her to give in. That's how powerful Youngbae's effect on her is.

"I will." Youngbae embraced Tiffany and kissed her cheek, surprising the girl pleasantly, and went to his motorcycle. "As much as I fangirl on how hot you are with that motorcycle, please be careful on driving that ok!!" Tiffany followed. Taeyeon laughed as she went besides Tiffany and held her shoulder. "Take care of Jiyong too. You know how much of a chick he is sometimes." Taeyeon uttered. After adjusting the motorcycle, Youngbae turned to them and nodded. He, again, flashed his million dollar smile to Tiffany before putting on his helmet.

Then slowly he turned the motorcycle and waved one last time and zoomed in. Tiffany gave him a flying kiss and waved. Taeyeon waved as well and before long, when Youngbae is out of eye's reach the two headed back to Tiffany's apartment.

 

~ To be continued ~

 

A/N:

Sorry for the super late chapter. by the way to make up for it I'll be posting two chapters... :) hope you'll enjoy it... It'll be mostly TOPsica from here on ^^

ciao~