Chapter 10

My Housemate has a Secret [Hiatus]

-Aegyo Strikes!!-

 

"For the umpteenth time, we don't have anything within us." Young Bae sighed in slight annoyance, trying to clarify things with his friend. Jiyong looked at him skeptically. "Bro, I don't think there is nothing between you two after seeing how she hugged you earlier." He persisted.

 

"I told you, she was just scared and worried. She was taken hostage and I feigned a gun hit. Of course she'll be worried." Young Bae argued. "Exactly!! Why would she be worrying about you that much if there is nothing!?" Jiyong pushed through. "Aish... Of course she'll be worried I'm her bodyguard ok? She's being targeted by men like this guy." Young Bae pointed at the door of the interrogation room as they stopped in front of it.

 

"Anyway, I still see something... if it's not with you then maybe with her." Jiyong said with a smirk. Young Bae sighed in defeat; whenever Jiyong is hyped up, it will be hard to tone him down. "Anyway why don't we start in questioning now?" Young Bae shifted the subject as he noticed that Yang Goon is approaching them. "Right... let's hope this won't turn out negatively." Jiyong said as they both greeted Yang Goon and another officer before the two continued on to the viewing room.

 

"I'll do the questioning." Jiyong said as he and Young Bae went inside the interrogation room.

 

Meanwhile...

 

"So how are you feeling now?" Jessica asked as she saw Seunghyun slowly waking up from his sleep. "I'm getting a hang of it." He smiled and looked at Jessica. He never failed to admire her elegant beauty even though the girl is in her simplest state. Jessica turned to Seunghyun and stared confusingly. "Hey, are you alright?" She called. Seunghyun jerked in surprise and immediately nodded. "Have you gotten enough sleep by the way?" Seunghyun asked. "Yep, I guess I got enough rest now." Jessica answered.

 

Seunghyun nodded understandingly then proceeded with some questions. "By the way, Jessica, is there anywhere you can stay as of now? I mean where do you live here in Seoul?" Seunghyun asked. "I live in an apartment somewhere near Yeok Sam. Why?" Jessica answered. Seunghyun thought for a while. "I just want to make sure... it's still dangerous as of now and I believe that the men who attacked us are still looking for us though their motive is still a mystery." Seunghyun said. Jessica frowned remembering the event last night. "That's true..." She mumbled. "Say, why don't you stay in my villa for a while?" Jessica was surprised by the sudden invitation from the smiling Seunghyun. "Huh!? N-no... sorry but I have to get home. I don't want to burden you as well." Jessica declined but Seunghyun is persistent.

 

"You don’t have to worry about that. I am honestly living alone in my place so company isn't much a problem. Besides, Jiyong and Taeyeon will also be staying there. It's large enough for us four not to mention Young Bae visiting there from time to time." Seunghyun insisted. "But..." Jessica tried to decline again.

 

"It's still better and we can monitor your safety. I'll take care of you." Saying such words made Jessica flustered and happy at the same time. A tinge of pink emerged from her white cheeks as she looked down to the apple she was peeling trying to hide her admiration to such a caring and gentle guy. "O-ok... if you insist." She said.

 

Seunghyun's expression brightened up. "That's great... don't worry I'll accompany you to get some of your things for the meantime once I am through this." Seunghyun chuckled. "Then you better get well soon!!" Jessica added on whilst giggling.

 

"Thanks." Seunghyun muttered all of a sudden. Jessica was confused with Seunghyun's statement. "I mean thanks for giving me a chance to take you to dinner and spend time with you. Honestly, I am not very good with asking women out. Young Bae and I are the same." He said wearing a plain expression looking at his hands. Jessica stared at him confused. "Why is that?" She asked.

 

"My last relationship was three years ago... We dated for about six months and I was literally happy but then she suddenly changed." Seunghyun shared. Jessica immediately got a gist of what Seunghyun is getting at. She urged Seunghyun. "And...? How'd it go?" Jessica asked. "I don't know... I guess she got tired of me. I was never an amusing guy like Jiyong or Seungri. I am a silent type like Young Bae. Maybe because of that... she got bored of me and left me..." Seunghyun halted. Jessica looked at him... he has that solemn expression... a lonely one.

 

"And dated with another man." Seunghyun finished. "I just found out when I was investigatin—"

 

"SSHHH..." Jessica stood up and cuffed Seunghyun's cheeks with her hands surprising the guy. Seunghyun felt Jessica's soft, warm hands and her eyes were captivating. It was just a small gesture but Seunghyun's heart skipped a beat when she leaned and smiled at him. Her smile is like an angel's and looking at her soothed Seunghyun's stressed mind. Seunghyun softened and stared back at her pretty orbs.

 

"I don't want you to bring it up whenever you are talking to me." She said. Seunghyun was initially shocked. "Do you want to know why?" She asked smiling. Seunghyun's eyes widened anticipating the angel to continue with what she was saying as he nodded softly. "I'll tell you after our dinner." She said then brushed the guy's hair and pinched his cheek causing a cute flinch. "Ouch..." He whined softly and with his plain deep voice. Jessica giggled as she sat back down and handed Seunghyun his peeled apple. "I want you to eat this. An apple a day keeps the doctor away~" Jessica said somewhat doing an aegyo. Seunghyun chuckled then looked at Jessica before taking a big bite to his apple.

 

"So we are actually dealing with a bigger organization." Young Bae reported. Jiyong sighed. "Such a cat and mouse game we are having. This isn't going too well." He said. Yang Goon agreed whilst fixing his cap. "Daesung'll be back tomorrow to report his investigations. By now... We have some good leads so I want you guys to decipher these leads. I want fingerprints profiling done." Yang Goon said. "I'll leave it to you guys." He smiled and left.

 

Jiyong and Young Bae saluted and once Yang Goon left, they looked back at their caught suspect. "I still bet on the fact that there is something going on with you and Tiffany. Not that I oppose it though." Jiyong turned his eyes to Young Bae and smirked as the other one sighed.

 

"I heard that there is something going on between you and Young Bae oppa." Taeyeon, Jessica and Tiffany were conversing at the cafeteria whilst enjoying their coffee and juices. It was a great reunion when the girls saw each other. It has been a year or so since they last hang-out together. Even though the agency isn't the ideal place, because of their situation, it'll suffice. "N-no!!! It's just that I was scared." Tiffany replied whilst waving her hand and shaking her head. Taeyeon and Jessica never failed to notice a tinge of pink color forming on the eye smiling girl's cheeks.

 

"But that aside... What do you think of Young Bae-oppa? How did he treat you?" Jessica asked as she leaned on her hands resting atop the table. Tiffany looked at Jessica, "He's kind and very attentive. He took care of me well... He isn't much of a conversationalist but he knows how to lessen the awkwardness." Tiffany said. "Do you think there is a possibility?" Taeyeon urged whilst smiling. "HUH!?" Tiffany asked wide eyed. "Just answer it. It won't hurt anyway." Taeyeon said with a smile. Tiffany, sighing, answered. "I guess there is." She said. Taeyeon and Jessica smiled and a feeling of triumph is felt in their chests. "I'm glad then!!! Finally, our mushroom is having someone she admires." Jessica nodded.

 

"As if that'll happen!? He's just there to protect me... He is my bodyguard!!" Tiffany defended but the looks on the two signifies that she cannot defend herself more. Admitting defeat, she only managed to sigh...

 

Jessica was amused seeing her sisters bickering and teasing each others. They didn't get together that long since Taeyeon and Jiyong's marriage and their admission as flight attendants. She rested her chin atop her fisted hands and thought well to herself. What if these things didn't happen? Will they be like this? Maybe it'll be more fun and peaceful. Jessica smiled seeing how silly she can be but it doesn't matter what's important is that they are all safe and together.

 

Two days had passed and Seunghyun had already gotten quite well. The day is also good and warm as how summer usually is...

 

It was a sweaty mid-day and the moist is really annoying. It was a cloudless blue sky and the sun is high up. Sweats pour all over their bodies as they look up towards the bright ball of flames and gas.

 

"Why is it so hot these days!?" Taeyeon groaned as she wipes her sweat after putting the last of their baggage inside this great white villa. "It's summer, Jagiya, it's normal to be this hot especially in the city." Jiyong answered as he comforts his wife. "Here..." Handing a pack of ice cream he smiled at his wife's childish reaction the moment her eyes laid upon the inanimate cold treat. "Thanks, Yeobo!! You're the best!!!" Taeyeon grinned happily as she accepts the treat but was halted when Jiyong pulled it away causing her cute surprised reaction to a pout and glare towards her husband.

 

Jiyong grinned childishly. "Not without a kiss." He said as he leans towards Taeyeon and closed his eyes. Taeyeon eyed him confusingly but then decided to obey as she leans close to her husband's lips and connect hers with it as she grabs hold of the ice cream and immediately take it away from Jiyong as she finishes the peck. "Thank you and I love you!!" Taeyeon said then opened the pack and munch on the cold treat happily.

 

Jiyong eyed her and smiled. "Damn, I'm lucky to have my wife." He murmured to himself as he took all of what's left of their baggage to the villa.

 

"Yo, hyung!!! What's for lunch!!?" Jiyong called once the two were inside the villa to the living room. Seunghyun emerged from the kitchen looking at some small packages on both his hands. "I think we should eat outside instead. You see, I wasn't able to restock my own food supplies. My treat!!" Seunghyun smiled as Jessica followed him from the kitchen. "We should go shopping for groceries too, you know. You fridge is really empty." She said shaking her head while sighing.

 

"Yeah, you're right." Seunghyun said as he turned to Jessica shyly. "Let's just take a quick breather and we'll go. I'm tired." Taeyeon said. Jiyong nodded. "Yeah and it's so hot... can we take a bath first?" He asked. Seunghyun smiled. "Sure!! Will you take a bath together!?" He asked in a teasing way.

 

"WHAT!?" Jiyong eyed him as well as Taeyeon flushed eyeing Seunghyun with a glare. "I'm just playing. Sure go take a bath, the first room straight there." Seunghyun pointed at a small hallway at the left edge of the living room.

 

Jiyong smiled. "Thanks!! I'll go take a bath first, Jagiya." He said then went to his pull-bag and took out a towel and some clothes then run straight to the bathroom.

 

"On second thought... Why don't we just go out and buy ourselves, oppa~?" Jessica turned to Seunghyun who was surprised by her sudden aegyo. Taeyeon who was enjoying her ice cream stopped all of a sudden and turned to her friend, her eyes widened. "Sica-ah!! You did not!?" She exclaimed but Jessica turned to her and smiled.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, you just stay and take care of the house... Me and Seunghyun-oppa will go instead ok? You guys look tired." She said pushing Seunghyun out of the house with a wink. Taeyeon just remained eyeing the scene with a confused expression.

 

"J-Jessica... di-did you just?" Seunghyun was stuttering in confusion looking at Jessica as she closes the door. "What? Since we are close and I am gonna stay in your house from now until whenever you finish that thing you are doing. We should just drop the honorifics and be comfortable to each other. We're going to a date anyway why not try now for starters?" Jessica was straightforward and her cute expression is stunning Seunghyun more. "O-Ok..." was all of what Seunghyun can muster.

 

"Let's go?" Jessica said as she leads her companion. Seunghyun nodded and followed still shocked. They both went to the garage where Seunghyun's car is parked. After opening the automated garage gate, Seunghyun and Jessica left to shop for groceries.

 

After a full 10 minutes, Jiyong exited the bathroom and went straight to the sala to see Taeyeon watching T.V. silently but without any presence from their two other companions. "Where's Hyung and Sica-chu?" Jiyong asked whilst wiping his hair with his towel and took a seat next to Taeyeon. "You should've seen what happened earlier." Taeyeon turned to Jiyong with a grin. "Why? What happened earlier?" He asked. "Jessica attacked Seunghyun!!!" She exclaimed.

 

Jiyong gasped in surprise. "Oh my God!? She did not!? What did Seunghyun do?" He said shocked. "Of course!! He was stunned!!!" Taeyeon said.

 

"Sica-chu only does it whenever..." Jiyong said with Taeyeon nodding eagerly in agreement. They eyed each other for a while before they both rested at the sofa with smiles that signifies fulfillment. Taeyeon rested her head on Jiyong's shoulder. "At least they are progressing..." Jiyong sighed. Taeyeon nodded and embraced Jiyong's arm. "I remember our earlier days, Yeobo." She said then looked at Jiyong. Jiyong looked back at her with a smile. "Me too..." Then they looked at each other for a few seconds and engaged in a passionate kiss.

 

Jessica and Seunghyun arrived at the grocery store and it took a while for them to finished shopping for supplies. Half an hour more as they ate the ice creams they bought and decided to stroll for a while.

 

They went to Han River to kill a bit more of their time and after parking the car they went to the seaside looking at the peaceful body of water. Seunghyun has his hands in his jean's pocket whilst Jessica's hands were intertwined behind her. "You know oppa. This place is really magical. I don’t know why but somehow I feel at peace in here." She said.

 

Seunghuyn looked at her. "Is this your favorite place, Sica?" He asked. Jessica smiled and made a cute hum. They have been quite comfortable with each other during their shopping time earlier and Jessica urged Seunghyun to call her by her nickname. "Whenever I am having troubles with my family or my managers during my idol days, I come here and think or just relax." She answered. "Taeyeon is also the same." Jessica followed. "How about you oppa? Where do you usually go whenever you have troubles?" She looked at Seunghyun.

 

The guy smiled. "Troubles? Whenever I am troubled or stressed out... I guess I just go practice my hands with a gun or write lyrics of some songs." He said. "I'm quite a borderline person... I never go out of house often. Work is usually my major reason to go out." He said whilst enjoying the breeze of the riverside. "No wonder you're having a hard time conversing with people and getting comfortable with them." Jessica said as she holds Seunghyun's arm slightly surprising the guy. Seunghyun liked it nonetheless and remained still and calm. Her company has been precious to him and times like this are something that is worth treasuring.

 

"Hyung!! Noona!!"" Seunghyun and Jessica were surprised by a man, waving excitedly, approaching him and accompanied by a calm looking girl wearing an intelligent but kind smile.

 

"Seungri!!!" Seunghyun called as he and Jessica turns to them and smiled. "What are you guys doing here?" Seungri said as they approach them. "You guys enjoying your time alone?" He asked eagerly. The kind quiet girl looked at Seungri and smiled as she bowed.

 

"Hello, Seohyun!! You're getting prettier." Seunghyun greeted sweetly as he smiles at his dongsaeng's wife. "Thank you, oppa." Seohyun smiled. Seungri wore a proud smile. "My wife is always getting prettier. That's why I love her so much." Seungri said causing the girl beside him to blush. "By the way... Seohyun meet Jessica-noona, Jessica-noona, meet Seohyun, my loving wife." Seungri said as he introduces both the girls. "Nice to meet you Seohyun. My, you're very pretty." She complimented with a smile. Seohyun bowed and shook Jessica's hand. "Thank you, unnie." Seohyun answered humbly.

 

"Have you guys taken dinner already?" Seungri asked. "Oh now that you mention it." Seunghyun looked at Jessica. "OMO!? TAEYEON AND JIYONG-OPPA!!??" Both were surprised when they remembered their two other housemates left at the house.

 

"Seungri-ah, you guys wanna have dinner at my place?" Seunghyun asked. Seungri smiled then looked at Seohyun. "Is it ok with you, hon?" He asked. "Sure!! I haven't seen Taeyeon-unnie for a while now. I'll be glad to come." She said with a smile. "There goes the decision from my chief." Seungri said.

 

"Great!! Let's go!!" Seunghyun said as the four couples went to Seunghyun's SUV.

 

Meanwhile...

 

Youngbae was heading to an abandoned docking site somewhere in Gangnam. He was conducting an investigation at the place where their targets are hiding their smuggled goods.

 

He was walking silently and carefully in between the giant metal crates and carefully checking each container. He has his gun armed as he venture forth the area until he arrived at the last one where he saw a man waiting for him also alert in his surroundings. Both guys, upon seeing each other, smiled with their eyes turning into crescents. Youngbae quickly went to him and greeted him. "Daesung-ah, been a while." He whispered. The guy, Daesung, smiled. "Yeah, been busy with my part here." He said as then they both heard voices and laughter coming from the opposite side of the crates.

 

"Here's the catch we're looking for." Daesung whispered. Youngbae nodded. "We better be careful. I already called for backup time for us to infiltrate the place." He said.

 

"There, that warehouse is where they hide." Daesung pointed at the large warehouse near a docking site not very far from them.

 

"Then shall we?" Taeyang initiated as they waited for the coming of their prey before they strike.

 

~ To be continued ~