Chapter 17

If I fell for you

Yoseob raced outside to meet Ji Eun in a huge embrace. But she did not react to it. Instead, she stood lifelessly in his arms. Yoseob gently shook her, and she just glanced up at him silently. Her lips stood firmly pursed together.

"Is there something wrong?" Yoseob gently whispered into her ear.

Ji Eun attempted to muster up all her courage. To do it. To do what she needed to do. Honestly, she didn't want to do it. She closed her eyes and took a breath, mentally preparing herself. What if Yoseob cried in front of her? She wouldn't be able to live after that. Or what if she never saw him again after this? How would he react? Ji Eun pulled him into one last hug, a gently pecked him on the cheek before looking at him with sad eyes.

"Yoseob. I need to do something," She began, stuttering.

"Yah...Lee Jieun. Stop looking at me like that yeobo," Yoseob's heart beat.

"I've decided...That I need some space. And I don't want to date anymore," She stated.

Yoseob stood silently. He needed time to process this all. His bottom lip quivered.

"What?" He shook his head, refusing to accept it.

"I said I want to break up," She lied, breathing slowly in and out. She had to muster all of her courage to say those few words. She couldn't appear shaken or broken down. She just had to put on a poker face. She knew that her poker face wouldn't last long, and that her true feelings would unveil. But she kept her best friend in mind. Or what...was her best friend. She wasn't even sure that Bae Suji would accept her again, if she broke up with Yoseob. But this was the only thing she had in her mind, that could prevent their friendship from collapsing.

"No! I love you Ji Eun-ah! Why? What?! Who made you...change your mind?" Yosoeb yelled, frustrated.

Why. Questions were running through Yoseob's mind. What had caused her to act like this?! His mind thought of Suzy, but he shook his head. No. Suzy wouldn't be like that. He shook it off quickly, before grabbing onto Ji Eun's body and shaking it. She roughly pulled herself away from him, huffing in disgust. It hurt her. But she had to do this.

"Don't brush me away like that!" He protested angrily, walking closer to her.

"Didn't you hear what I said? I need some space!" Ji Eun backed up, which angered Yoseob even more.

His sweet and gentle persona had gone. He wanted an explaination. And he was going to get it. He rested both of his arms against the wall on both sides of her head, and looked at her. As if he could try read her. He needed to force the reason out of her. Somehow.

"Tell me...Please," His eyes turned dark, as he begged.

"That was my reason," Her eyes flickered towards him, even though inside she wished to be staring into his eyes. She quickly escaped under his arms, running as fast as her legs could carry her, only to be stopped by a familiar female voice. She spun around, seeing a tearful old friend of hers look up at her. Bae Suzy. Ji Eun widened her eyes, racing up to Suzy.

"Suji-ah...I'm really sorry and I would never-"

"I was selfish JiEun...And I didn't know you'd go to such a great length for me," The two friends embraced.

"Aiya...of course I would," Ji Eun soothed.

"I was really selfish. I know you love Yoseob. Go back to him," Suzy gestured.

"Ah..." Ji Eun spun around and winced.

But Yoseob was already gone.

 

casey's corner

thanks 48 subbers for staying with me through the long & sometimes crappy updates <3

i loveee yewwwwww <3

please comment and subscribe <3

i've just realised how short my chapters are nowadays e.e oh no.