Afraid in the dark…

your sweet lies...

 

They are sitting in the living room; eunhyuk is resting his head on leeteuk’s lap sleeping peacefully, while the older patted his head gently.  Lee teuk have noticed siwon glancing at him.  A few moments more and he asked bluntly “hyung, did you mean it...in the airport?” instead of giving an answer he kept focusing on the face of the sleeping eun.  Knowing how impatient siwon he predicted that the later will give up easily and  he really went to his room since he isn’t getting answers any time sooner. 

Now that he is alone, his eyes didn’t leave the sleeping figure that rested his head on his lap.  He allowed himself to go on with his thoughts, to drift away from the present and go back with his memory two years ago.  At that time he…he was the same…not much of difference…it was a week before he pack his stuff and fly to New York …one thing for sure is that he had done so many things against his own well…he wish if he can at least ease the pain of the past years… his trail of thoughts was cut by the sudden movement from eun...he wondered what is he dreaming of right now, with a frowning face like that…it doesn’t sound like a nice dream…soon a sweet smile was on his sleeping face...

He carried eun to their room, just after putting him in bed…he felt something grapping his shirt… he took a look and tried to free his own self, while the younger tightened his grip… a soft sigh escaped him as he sat on the bed caressing eun’s cheeks as he was about to drift within his thoughts again…but the sudden knocking on the door stopped him…he felt the younger’s grip loosen and so he went to open the door lazily.  He was a bit shocked to see him at this late hour but he managed to show his sweet smile and invited him in.

He himself wondered what was he thinking when he knocked the door, he cursed himself mentally as he took a seat…noticing that the older sat next to the sleeping red haired, who said simply: 

“I won’t ask you why are you here…"                                                                                                           

 he avoided his gaze and kept looking at the floor …he felt somewhat … awkward… since he felt the older observing him…

“Why are you looking at me like this?” kyu said with an obvious annoyance

The older talked in a low tone afraid to disturb the sleeping boy “why me and not him?”

“I thought that you won’t ask about my reasons…” he said in a sarcastic tone as a smirk shaped on his face. 

“I’m asking why come to me, while you can’t remember me” 

The smirk faded slowly, as he mumbled “I’m scared”

“I know that ...” he looked at lee teuk in the eye now

He continued “aren’t you safer with him?”

Kyuhyun didn’t give him a reply…he waited for a while but there is no answer from the younger.  And so he stood up saying before he leaves the room

“sleep here tonight…if you need anything I will be around” 

 

 

He is drinking his coffee while reading some papers in the early morning...it’s quite since they are still sleeping…which helped him to concentrate with his work. But, sadly the noise coming from the kitchen disturbed him…he reached his cup for another sip but became disappointed to find it empty…and so he moved lazily towards the kitchen with his papers in one hand and his cup in the other.  Once he opened the door he was greeted with siwon happy smile, how the hell he can be so happy this early in the morning, he thought to himself as he took a seat taking a final look at the papers before writing some notes on the side of it. 

“Did you sleep well?” siwon asked as he placed coffee on the table. 

“Well, did you?” he asked him back instead of answering

He looked at his hyung carefully.  “you didn’t sleep -_- ….”

The older rested his head on the table and said softly:  “I had some work to do”

Then all of a sudden he lifted his head and asked. “by the way…what did you do to him?” 

“Who do you mean??” siwon looked confused as he asked

 “Your brother came to my room last night” lee teuk said in a bored tone observing every action siwon did. 

He raises an eyebrow but kept silent, waiting for him to continue…

“He slept in my room” lee teuk said, still observing

His eyes widened, he bit his lower lip… and remained silent 

“I think I have an idea about what’s going on between you two…but, I intend to keep my word regarding him…two years ago”

It took him a minute to process what he just heard, he felt pain in his chest, and it aches… 

The older saw the hurt in his eyes as he uttered those words.  “I tried …hyung I did”

He looked so broken...his eyes slowly turning red, the tears pooled in his eyes...but he fought hard not to cry …he was shocked at first when lee teuk pulled him into a hug, but he hugged back , he really needed it…’hyung, is cruel, really cruel’ he kept on repeating that in his mind. 

They walked into the kitchen and froze in their place at the scenr before them…kyu cleared his throat as he complete his steps towards the table…shortly followed by eunhyuk…they ate breakfast silently until the older broke it, saying:  “eun…I may not be capable on picking you  up from school today" …eun who  was about to take a bite from the bun, paused as the words replayed in his mind, lowered the bun as he got up signaling kyu to come with him…

-------------------------------------------------

sorry for taking so long ...