(Indecent) Proposal

FACE - A NU'EST STORY

'Yahh! Let her go'

Everyone freezes in their places, I arch back to see Ren inching in closer with the angriest expression I have seen on him. 

'Or what pretty boy?' Min-Ji loosens her grip on my collar.

'Or I'll rip your head off, c*nt'

Woah. 

There is a momentary silence then Bo-ra bursts out laughing. 'I can't take you seriously, you're too pretty to be threatening us like that'  

Ren doesn't say anything, instead he walks towards her, staring dead-on into her eyes.

'If I ever, ever catch you touch a single hair on this girl, you are dead. Both of you. Understand?' At this point, I am worried that he might actually hurt her so I reach out to stop him.

'Let her go, Ren.' Comes a voice behind me.

'OPPA!' Min-Ji screams. It's JR. I can see bruising around his eyes from the other night I rescued him from the thugs. 

Ren turns around and is now face to face with JR as if it's a show down. 

'Oh so this is what you're doing nowadays? Getting little b*tc*es to do your sh*t for you?' 

Wait, do they know each other?!

'F**k off, Ren. Aren't you sick of being a white knight your entire life?' JR spits back. 'Yah, you two, go back to your classes.'

'Bu-but oppa!' Bo-Ra pouts which makes JR glare at both of them. They don't say another word, but instead give me evils as they leave.

'Come on, we better head to our class too.' Ren pulls me by the sleeve of my shirt.

'Wait, I have to talk to her' JR says.

'What for?' I respond before I even realise.

'Just. Come with me.' He grabs my other wrist while looking at Ren. 'It's about yesterday.'

'Just who do you think you're touching?' Ren almost growls. 

'Ren, it's okay. I want to hear this.' I nod at Ren. I am extremely curious what JR wants to say after all this time.

Ren stares at me for a moment then in a very Ren like manner, shakes his head and leaves. I look at JR expectantly.

Oh this should be good.

'You going out with him?' His brow rises.

'What? no. Plus, even if I was, it's none of your business. What is it that you wanted to say?' I cross my arms. 

He suddenly looks uncomfortable.

'That, just that- I-I mean-' He takes a deep breath. 

'Here, take this' He hands over an envelope. 'I don't owe you anything anymore.'

I look at him, confused as I receive it. I open it, to find a thick bundle of cash.

'I'm sure there's plenty more than what those girls took off you for the past year, so, yeah' He shrugs.

I can feel anger rise within and scoff at what he just said.

'What is this? Some sort of apology for all those times? If it is then it's pathetic.' I shove the envelop back into his person angrily. 'I don't want it.'

'Look, I'm sorry, okay? Just take it.' He holds it out towards me again, not able to meet my gaze.

I can feel a knot forming in my throat and my eyes start to water. 'Why? Why did you put me all through that crap?' I manage to ask with a slight tremble in my voice.

Do not cry. Please do not cry.

'You won't understand.' He says quietly. 

'Fine, whatever. I don't want your money. Just leave me alone.' Before my tears truly fall, I start heading off to class hoping JR didn't sense any form of weakness.

'It's childish.' He mumbles and I stop in my tracks. 'I-- I was being childish. I wanted you to tell on me so I'd get into trouble.'  I turn around with a confused expression on my face.

'What? Why on earth would you do that?' 

'Because, well, I wanted to see what my parents would do if they found out I got into trouble.... again. But you never told on me. You just endured it. Then it was like a game almost, to see if you'd break but you never did.' He is staring at his feet now, looking embarassed at his own confession. 

'Seriously? all because you were having some mommy and daddy issues you decided to make my life hell? What is wrong with you?' I am truly baffled at the thought of someone going through so much trouble to get into trouble, and for what? Just to get some attention from his parents? 

'You know what? I don't care. Do whatever you want. But I don't have time for thi--'

'Go out with me' His voice interrupts me.

My eyes quizically widen because I'm not sure if he really just said what I think he said. 'What?' I ask as if he had spoken in some foreign language. 

'I didn't exactly stutter.' His confidence is back, and he stares at me as if he is seeing through me, smirking. I can hear my heart pound in my ears as a thousand thoughts race through my head at the same time.

 

'JR I really don't have time for your jokes--' 

 

'I am not joking.' He says more seriously. 'Think about it, if you go out with me, no one will ever mess with you.'

 

'Unbelievable!' I exclaim. 'You do realise the only person who messes with me in this school is you right?'

 

'Then it makes more sense to be my girl--'

 

'Shut up!' I've heard enough. 'Just shut up. I'm leaving.' With that, I start walking away, stomping my feet hard on each step.

 

'I'm going to make you mine!' I hear him behind me.

 

I would never.