Embarrassing Moments

FACE - A NU'EST STORY

hngghhfsdfwawe... what's that poking me? Ughhh so annoying... adhwoerfnzzzz

‘YAHH! Wake up! You’re gonna be late!’

I instantly open my eyes to Ren's face staring down at me. Feeling shocked, I immediately sit up and end up head butting Ren in the mouth. The next thing I know, he’s on my floor with hints of blood on his lips.

‘Owww… what the...’ He winces in pain as he feels around his jaw.

‘Oh my god! I’m so sorry!’ I exclaim climbing out of my bed and I extend my hand to help him off the floor, which he refuses. He stands up by himself and glares at me whilst wiping the blood off. I reach out to check the damage when he pushes my hand away which kind of annoys me.

‘Why the hell were you so close to my face anyway? You totally scared me.’ 

‘Anyway, your mother wanted me to wake you up. Breakfast is ready downstairs.’ He says monotonously. ‘I guess I’m gonna go clean this off.’ 

Once he’s completely out of sight and hearing, I dart for the bathroom and quickly wash up and get ready. I hate being late as it attracts attention walking into the classroom. I quickly check for my ‘feminine’ supplies and rush downstairs to the kitchen. Mother, as usual is sat with a cup of coffee and today’s newspaper.

‘Hi omma! bye omma!’ I grab the breakfast sandwich from the table and notice that Ren has already left.

‘Mmm, have a good day’ She responds not looking up.

Baekho greets me, ready with the car. ‘Hey! How come you're late today?’

‘I don't know.. I think I slept through my alarms.’ I say honestly, as I get in the passenger seat. 'Let's go, let's go!'

'Alright alright.' He's on the steering wheel. 'By the way, how's it going with Ren working in the house?' 

Well I head butted him on the mouth, and he was bleeding this morning.

Is what I want to say but instead I ask ‘You know Ren?’ 

‘Yeah, we’ve been besties since we were babies.’ He responds in his usual chirpiness.

 ‘Interesting… so, did you guys plan from the start to work together? Or is this purely coincidence?’ 

‘Why? Are you curious?’ He seems to be looking for my reaction through the rear-view mirror. ‘Well I won’t tell you. Who knows, maybe we’re planning to take over your world. Mu ha ha ha.’ Clearly trying to sound all evil and what not.

‘Oh, I’m petrified.’ I reply sarcastically, rolling my eyes. ‘By the way Ren… his mother… where is she?’ I had been curious since Ren mentioned her last night and even more so when he had dodged the same question.

‘Well, I hope you never ask Ren that.’ Baekho replies, sounding serious. ‘Because she passed away a few years ago. They really used to be close as well’

‘Oh….’ I feel speechless so I don't question further.

‘Don’t worry about it too much. It’s all in the past anyway.’ He flashes his signature smile. ‘Have a good day at school!’

I can’t help but smile back at him and his happy-go-lucky persona. I run to my class and luckily, I'm just in time. Minhyun greets me with a smile and I nod back as I make my way to my seat across the room.

Ren (now, with lips in a better condition) appears right before the bell rings but instead of making his way to his designated seat, he is walking towards mine. At this point, everyone in the room looks at him to which he is oblivious. He then reaches into his pocket and gets a familiar looking pink and purple pouch out.

Oh no!

‘You dropped this before.’ He tosses it onto my table. This causes the contents in the pouch to expose themselves and Ren’s eyes to widen.

I immediately hear a few sniggers and whispers as I quickly try and put the sanitary pads back into the pouch. Embarassment is pouring out of every pore on my body.

PLEASE... JUST KILL.ME.NOW