CHAPTER 16

Kiss the Rain

“Sandara?”

“Who’s this? How’d you know my name?” This isn’t Seung Hyun. Sandara thinks to herself. 

“My name is Daesung. My sister and her bestfriend left my number on the phone you have right now... Please don’t hang up. You can trust me. I’m going to help you.”

Sandara felt assurance in the young man’s voice, “How? Do you know where I can find Seung Hyun?”

”Yes, I can take you to him. But you must sneak out of your house without anyone knowing. It has to be a secret, okay? Trust me it’s for your own safety.

“Huh? Why do I have to sneak out? Are you planning on kidnapping me?”

Daesung laughs, ”Of course you would think that. Why would you trust a stranger? I’m sorry if I can’t tell you everything about you and your situation with Seung Hyun. I’m not the right person to tell you that. That’s why we must meet in person and I’ll introduce you to the person that will take you to Seung Hyun.”

Sandara doesn’t like the idea of sneaking out of the house to meet a total stranger. Too dangerous but she’s willing to meet this guy to find out the truth. “Okay. Where do I meet you at and what time?” She listens thoroughly to Daesung’s instruction then shuts her phone off. She sticks the phone back in Tam Tam and hides the doll underneath her bed.

“Seung Hyun is definitely real..this guy knows him. I’m not crazy after all.” 





-------------------------------------------------




“CL please stop pacing. You’re giving me a headache.” Minji grabs hold of Chaerin’s shoulder.

“Sorry Minzy. I’m just very nervous. I really hope she comes.” Chaerin looks at her watch then at the road. No sign of any cars passing by or even entering the empty parking lot they were in. She felt jittery inside and needed to walk it out. Just as she was about to pace again, Minji tightens her grip on her shoulder. “Oops! Sorry again!”

An unfamiliar vehicle turns into the parking lot. Daesung steps in front of the two girls protectively just in case it’s Mr. Choi and his guards in that car. Chaerin is silently praying that it’s not her grandfather. The vehicle parks a couple feet away from them. A young man with brown slightly long hair and well built body steps out of the car. 

Chaerin frowns, “Who’s that? We didn’t invite him here?”

Another person steps out of the car from the passenger side. Chaerin runs toward the petite girl and hugs her tightly into her arms, “SANDARA UNNIE!!!”

The young man Chaerin saw earlier suddenly pulls her arms away from Sandara and stands right between them. He’s being protective over her. Daesung rushes to Chaerin side and shoves the other guy back for laying his hand on his sister’s bestfriend.

“Hey!”

Sandara wraps her arms around Joon’s waist and pulls him back. She doesn’t want them to fight. She needs to know the truth, “Joonie! Please don’t fight. I know her.”

The anger that was building up in Joon simmered down with Sandara’s plea. He didn’t like how tight that young girl wrapped her arms around her neck. She was literally choking her and that guy. What the heck is his problem? Joon gives Daesung a dirty look for shoving him. He remains in front of Sandara.

Chaerin’s eyes were locked on Sandara’s arms around that young man’s waist. Did she forget about my oppa that fast? No. No. No. Hello Chaerin, she did say she knew me to him. “Sandara unnie? You remember me?”

Sandara smiles at Chaerin from behind that guy. Chaerin frowns. Why hasn’t she let go of that guy? She pouts her lips, “You forgot my oppa?”

Slowly she removes her arms from Joon then steps forward and walks toward Chaerin. Sandara lightly touches the tip of Chaerin’s nose and giggles, “I’m not crazy!”

Confusion was written all over the faces of the three people in front of her. They look at Sandara and all tilt their head trying to figure out the meaning of what she just blurted out. Joon knew how random her character could be so it’s nothing new to him.

“Err, unnie? Are you okay?”

“Where have you been? Where’s Seung Hyun? It's been more than a week now, why didn't you guys show yourselves to me? And why did my grandparents lie about you guys? AND BOMMIE UNNIE?” Sandara holds her hand to her head. It’s hurting just thinking of all the questions running through her head. She’s so confused. Joon wraps his arm over her shoulder to help her stay balance. 

Chaerin scrunches her nose at his antics. You two don’t match. Get your arms off her! “Unnie, it’s a super long story. Are you sure you’re okay? Do you want to sit? Let’s go to our car and sit inside.” The man she dislikes in front of her shakes his head. “Why not? She knows me. We’re not going to do anything to her. Why are you so protective? Are you her boyfriend?”

Minji pulls Chaerin’s elbow back and whispers into her ear, “Chill Chaerin. It’s like you’re killing that guy with your death glares. Inhale. Exhale. You can’t help your brother with a hot head.”

Chaerin takes a deep breath, “Fine we’ll go near your car. Just make Sandara unnie sit. She looks pale.”

All five of them walked towards Joon’s car. He opens the passenger seat door and Sandara takes a seat. She still rubs her head subconsciously as the questions in her head continue to buzz. Joon takes a bottle water from inside the car and hands it to her, “Take a sip at least. Maybe you’re just dehydrated and you’re feeling lightheaded?” Sandara nods her head and takes a sip.

I really don’t like that guy. Daesung oppa told unnie to come alone. Why did she bring him along? I just want to erase him from this world…Chaerin’s evil thoughts toward Joon got interrupted when her phone rang. She answers it.

“Mom?” She pauses and listens.

Sandara saw the change in Chaerin’s facial expression. It went from annoyance to worrisome. Something is wrong….

“WHAT?! Is oppa okay? Noooo…” Chaerin starts crying. 

Minji wraps her arms around her, “What’s wrong? Did something bad happen to Seung Hyun oppa?”

Chaerin drops her cellphone. It hits the ground. She’s bawling in Minji’s arms. Her words are muffled in Minji’s shoulder. Sandara can’t hear her. She wants to know what happened to Seung Hyun. She still feels lightheaded standing up. Joon holds her hand. 

“Chaerin, please tell me where’s Seung Hyun?”

Chaerin removes her face from Minji’s shoulder and looks at Sandara, “We must go now. My oppa needs you!”