CHAPTER 10

Kiss the Rain

"I think you've had enough ice cream." Seung Hyun pushes Sandara's empty bowl aside.

Sandara frowns, "I still want some more."

"How can you ask for some more? When you had ten bowls of ice cream already and it's only 9 a.m.!" He shakes his head in disbelief.

She rolls her eyes and laughs. Angel looks cute frustrated. I'm still hungry for more. "Please...one more.." She pouts her lips then bats her long eye lashes at him.

Seung Hyun's posture rigidly stiffens. Ugh! She's using her lethal weapon on me again. I shall not give in like the other ten times! Seung Hyun just say "NO!" You need to stop her. "Sandara...."

"Please Seung Hyun." She pleads once more with her eyes.

"You really need to eat a real breakfast. You want some pancakes?"

"No, I want some more ice cream."

Seung Hyun had to use all his energy in his body to remove his tranced eyes from hers. He raises his hand and signals the waitress to come over. Sandara smiles triumphantly.

"Ordering another bowl of strawberry ice cream?" The middle-age woman looks at Seung Hyun then at Sandara. She smiles sweetly at her, "Looking at you two makes me feel young and in love again. I remember when I was your age and pregnant my husband couldn't say 'No' to all my request. He knows never to deny a pregnant woman's craving. So sweet of your husband allowing you to have all those ice cream at this time. Your baby is going to be one hyper kid when he or she grows up."

Sandara's eyes bulge, "WHAT?!?" drops open looking up at the waitress then glares at Seung Hyun who was silently laughing.

The waitress laughs along with Seung Hyun, "It's okay dear. Mood swings are also common with pregnant woman." She looks at Seung Hyun, "Just have patience with your wife throughout her pregnancy." Her eyes widen looking at his eyes. "Oh my! You two will also have a beautiful baby! Both of you are blessed with gorgeous features. Lucky couple! Anyways I'll be getting your wife her bowl of ice cream." She turns around and quickly walks away.

Sandara manages to speak up, "Excuse me, but I'm not pregnant..." The waitress was already gone.

Seung Hyun roars in laughter. Sandara buries her head down in her arms and onto the table. He stops laughing, "Still craving for some more ice cream?"

"Shut up." Sandara mumbles with her head still down.

He reaches his hand out and gently rubs her head, "Sandara..."

Sandara continues to ignore Seung Hyun like a stubborn child. He chuckles. The waitress returns with a bowl of strawberry ice cream, "Here you go sweet couple. I had them add an extra scoop and it's free."

"Thank you. Can I have two of your special lunch sandwhiches for to go?" Seung Hyun hands the waitress a few bills and whispers to her to keep the change. She nods her head after setting the bowl down on their table. 

"Your very generous. Thank you! I'll be back with your sandwhiches." She bows her head before leaving them.

"I'm not hungry anymore."

Seung Hyun laughs again, "So that's the trick! All I have to say is your pregnant to stop you from eating more ice cream." 

Sandara's head snaps up. She reaches for the bowl of ice cream and scoops a spoon full of ice cream. Suddenly she shoves it in Seung Hyun's mouth making him choke. She giggles at his facial expression. He takes revenge by also taking a spoon full of ice cream into . Seung Hyun did it lightly not wanting to hurt her. After she swallowed the ice cream she grinned mischievously at him.

"What?" He raised a brow at her questioningly.

"You seem to be enjoying the idea that we're a happy married couple that's expecting a baby... since you didn't object to what the waitress was telling us earlier..." Sandara twirled her spoon around in the bowl.

"I think our sandwhiches are ready. I'll go get them." Seung Hyun stands up. Sandara grabs his hand.

"Thank you for taking me to this diner. I really enjoyed my breakfast this morning." She flashed him the smile that always melts his heart.

"Your welcome." No, thank you for allowing me to make you smile. Your smile makes me smile. Let's keep it that way Sandara.





-------------------------------------------------








Seung Hyun holds the door open for Sandara as she walks out of the diner. This secluded diner is only a couple hours away from the city. Seung Hyun thought it would be nice to bring Sandara out to a peaceful scenic place away from the city. There wasn't alot of customers that morning so the parking lot was empty. The clouds were gloomy gray when Seung Hyun looked up. It started out a nice, bright and sunny morning and now it looks like it's going to rain. We better head back. He walks right behind Sandara out the door and into the parking lot. He turns his head to where their car was parked and pulls out his car keys to unlock the door. Sandara stops walking. He didn't know he was leaving her a couple feet behind him as he heads for the car.

Something or actually somebody caught her attention. The corner of Sandara's eye caught a glimpse of a tall young boy in a white plain t-shirt and blue jeans. He ran passed by her from behind. "Sang Hyun?" She whispered softly to herself. The young boy stops in front of the opening of the forest that was at the other end of the parking lot. He turns around and smiles at Sandara. A tear escapes her eye and she breaks into a run. He smiles once more before entering the forest. Sandara yells, "SANG HYUN!!!"

Seung Hyun turns his head and sees Sandara running towards the forest. Where is she going? "SANDARA!!!" 

He chases after her into the forest. She's about ten feet away from him. Seung Hyun dodges tree branches and crisscrosses between trees trying to keep up with her. She's running too fast. A small girl like her running that fast? Unbelievable...why is she running? "SANDARA!!! COME BACK!!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING??"

Sandara's attention was focused on her brother. Sang Hyun! Wait for me! Her tears were building up in her eyes as she chased Sang Hyun. He's wearing the same outfit the day he died. "SANG HYUN!!! WAIT FOR NOONA!!!" He was running farther and farther from her sight. 

Seung Hyun heard it loud and clear. She's chasing after her brother. I don't see him. Oh no! Sandara falls on her knees. She curls up into a ball. Finally he catches up to her and bends down on his knees. He cradles her in his arms. She's crying so hard. Please don't cry.

"You have to find him.... He's here...Sang Hyun is here.....Please Seung Hyun...go look for my brother."

Seung Hyun didn't say anything. He knows he can't promise her that he'll find him. All he can give her is his love to ease her pain. She sobs in his arms. Rain starts to fall. She looks up into Seung Hyun's eyes, "I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to ask you that....It's not that easy to let go...But why did I see him?"

I don't know. I wish I could answer your question. Seung Hyun pulls his jacket over their heads blocking them from the rain. Sandara's hugs Seung Hyun tighter as the rain starts getting harder. He knows they're lost in the forest. They ran too far from the forest entrance. The forest is really thick and there's not much light coming through. Seung Hyun hopes their siblings will notice their lost presence and find them.

-------------------------------------------------




"Unnie?"

"Yes, Chaerin?" Bom holds up a black dress in front of her then twirls around.

"What do you think my oppa and Dara unnie are doing right now?"

"Dunno...Where do you think your brother would take her?"

"I don't know either. My brother is weird. So I have no clue where he would take her. But I do hope they're having fun!" Chaerin grins.

Bom hands Chaerin the dress she was holding, "You should try this. I think it'll look better on you." She pulls another dress from the rack then turns to face Chaerin, "Should we check on them?"

Chaerin rolls her eyes, "Unnie! You told me we should let destiny do it's magic and that we shouldn't bother them. Do you think calling them right now would help them get closer?"

Bom laughs, "Yeah, you're right! Sorry, I forgot... But something is kind of bothering me. Not quiet sure but there's something..." She puts the dress back on the rack.

"That's just your UNNIE instinct bothering you. You're so used to being worried for Sandara unnie these past few months that it's hard for you to get it out of your system. Really Bom unnie you shouldn't worry. Dara unnie is safe in my brother's care." Chaerin winks at Bom.

Bom sighs, "I guess you're right. Well let's go try these dresses on!"