CHAPTER 1

Kiss the Rain

"What are you wearing?"

 

"Clothes. Duh."


Bom rolled her eyes as she tugged the hoodie of her younger sister's sweatshirt towards her room. She faced her sister in disgust, "You are SO not walking out of our house in that UGH!" She tugged on her sister's hood once more trying to pull it down. Her sister didn't budge. 

"Seriously Dara! I don't understand why you hide that gorgeous face underneath that over size sweatshirt of yours."

Sandara shrugged her shoulders, "Whatever." She casually walked across the room and stared at herself in front of Bom's full size mirror. I look decent. I don't know what her problem is but there's nothing wrong with what I'm wearing. I'm not trying to impress anybody. Sandara wore a black hoodie sweatshirt with dark blue skinny jeans and black converse chucks. 

"Put your hood down Dara." Bom said with authority.

"No."

Bom walks up behind Sandara and reaches her hand out. Sandara glares at Bom through the mirror, "Don't you dare Bommie unnie!"

"Ugh! What's wrong with you? I thought moving back to Korea would bring some sense back into your head!" Bom starts to hyperventilate. She takes slow deep breaths to calm down her frustration. Abruptly she turns around to hide her tears welling up in her eyes.

Sandara stares at her sister's back, "I'm sorry." She whispers.

Bom walks to her bedstand table and picks up a black picture frame. She smiles, "I miss Ssantoki. We used to be happy." Her smile disappears when she looks back at Sandara.

Sandara could see the pain in Bom's eyes. She continued to stare at Bom with a blank facial expression, "I'm sorry."

A tear finally escapes the corner of Bom's eye, "Don't be." She quickly wipes away the tear and gives Sandara a weary half-hearted smile. "You can go now. I won't bug you anymore about your sweatshirt. I'll try again tomorrow."

-------------------------------------------------



"Ms. Park, I'll wait for you here."

Sandara shook her head, "No. Just pick me up in 2 hours. Please Mr. Lee? All of you are constantly suffocating me being by my side 24/7. Why can't I have some time alone?"

The middle age man dressed in a black suit bowed his head and went back inside the car. He rolled down his window, "Please don't get me fired."

Sandara grinned a devious smile, "Why would I do that? Thank you Mr. Lee for granting my wish today to be alone. Don't worry I won't run away. If they fire you for not watching me then I'll have to shoot myself." She made a hand-gun gesture to her head and laughed.

Mr. Lee frowned, "Ms. Park, that's not a nice joke. Your grandparents and sister love you. They're just concern with your..." He trailed off not finishing his sentence.

"They think I'm suicidal." Sandara said bluntly.

"No they don't."

"Then what? Tell me." She raised a brow.

"Ms. Park, I trust you. Go now and have some quiet time alone. I'll be back here in 2 hours like you requested. Please have your phone with you at all times. Call me if someone is bothering you or when you want to go home early. I won't be that far, okay?" Mr. Lee gives her a warm sincere smile.

Sandara bows her head, "Thank you." She heads down a path toward a park. She gently pulls her hood further covering her face while she walked.

Sandara continued to walk down the path slowly for a couple minutes suddenly she stops walking and turns around. She heads back up the path. Sorry Mr. Lee but I'm going somewhere else. Sandara turns off her cellphone and shoves it back into her front pocket. Feet lead me out of this misery.